the narssist in me..sorry can't spell it..damb!!

Rod

Jun 5, 2001, 9:54:32 PM6/5/01

have any of you noticed i'm a narssisisit online???

yikes..and i started out so perfectly humble and adorable and wise and
ingenius....

who would have thought i'd get BETTER!!
Rpd.

And yes i KNOW you all did.. =)

a man with a mission....

so what would any of you like to admit about your online personality

maybe we could come up with an online personality quiz for fun.

everybody post a question or two then we'll post it as a Quiz
(and if watters is even thinking about saying he's 100% the sAME ON LINE
ANDS OFF... Wally's going to have to put him in a shamanistic trance then we
stone him with spirit Rocks,, and put spirit squirels in his spirit
speedoes.)

question one

on absfg..are you taller

on absfg are you wiser

on absfg are you more honest than in your everyday

on absfg are you more comfortable..do you seek more or less public approval
or any at all?

on absfg do people get your jokes more or less often than in "off absfg'

so everybody add a few question of your own then ned will pick the ten best
and using his long on-line wisendom repost a personality quiz..
(P.S MY QUESTIONs WERE BORING..JANeLLE help)

anybody??

Rpd.

Ned Ludd

Jun 6, 2001, 12:01:38 PM6/6/01
Rod <rma...@kw.igs.net> wrote in message news:9fk29r$esm$1...@news.igs.net...

> have any of you noticed i'm a narssisisit online???
> yikes..and i started out so perfectly humble and adorable and
> wise and ingenius....
> who would have thought i'd get BETTER!!

We all knew you were destined for stardom.

> And yes i KNOW you all did.. =)
> a man with a mission....
> so what would any of you like to admit about your online personality

Well, I'm cute when I'm completely full of shit.

And my blood-in-the-streets crap drops my stuff from being the
thundering of a prophet to the cute-if-crabby mutterings of just
another lovable old crank.

> maybe we could come up with an online personality quiz for fun.
> everybody post a question or two then we'll post it as a Quiz
> (and if watters is even thinking about saying he's 100% the
> sAME ON LINE ANDS OFF... Wally's going to have to put him in
> a shamanistic trance then we stone him with spirit Rocks,, and
> put spirit squirels in his spirit speedoes.)

Oh, stone us ALL with spirit stones.

> question one
> on absfg..are you taller

No, wider.

> on absfg are you wiser

Than what? (In the immortal words of, I think, the Cosmic
Ape-King: "I don't have to be enlightened, I just have to be
more enlightened than you.")

> on absfg are you more honest than in your everyday

Absolutely. Honesty is a hot-house flower that only blooms
far away from the nearest fist.

> on absfg are you more comfortable..do you seek more or less
> public approval or any at all?

Busted. Haven't you heard? The whole purpose of the net is
to be a mechanism for personal validation.

> on absfg do people get your jokes more or less often than in
> "off absfg'

Nobody gets anything here. And there's no communication
whatsoever. (And it's all just one 14-year-old boy in
Pittsburgh.)

> so everybody add a few question of your own then ned will
> pick the ten best and using his long on-line wisendom repost
> a personality quiz.. (P.S MY QUESTIONs WERE BORING..JANeLLE help)

If you could change one thing about the net, what would it be?

> anybody??
> Rpd.

Let's track down that 14-year-old boy in Pittsburgh.

Ned

bonfils

Jun 6, 2001, 3:19:22 PM6/6/01
On Wed, 6 Jun 2001 11:01:38 -0500, "Ned Ludd" <ned...@ix.netcom.com>
wrote:

> Well, I'm cute when I'm completely full of shit.

Lucky you! When I'm completely full of shit I'm just annoying.
(And have a terrible urge to go to the bathroom)

--
"I am two with nature."
- Woody Allen

Ned Ludd

Jun 6, 2001, 3:46:48 PM6/6/01
bonfils <k...@your.underwear.bonfils.com> wrote in message

> On Wed, 6 Jun 2001 11:01:38 -0500, "Ned Ludd" <ned...@ix.netcom.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Well, I'm cute when I'm completely full of shit.
>
> Lucky you! When I'm completely full of shit I'm just annoying.
> (And have a terrible urge to go to the bathroom)

AND, I'm worth my weight in saltpeter!

Ned

IamSpncycl

Jun 6, 2001, 5:26:52 PM6/6/01
Ned:
[...]

> If you could change one thing about the net, what would it be?
[...]

I'd leave the net alone.
I'd rather change the minds of those who want to make the net "safe".

Diane

Mr. Minkfoot

Jun 6, 2001, 11:35:13 PM6/6/01
In article <9fm1ck$rcd$1...@slb1.atl.mindspring.net>, "Ned Ludd"
<ned...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

}bonfils <k...@your.underwear.bonfils.com> wrote in message
}news:3b1e81ea...@news.tele.dk...
}> On Wed, 6 Jun 2001 11:01:38 -0500, "Ned Ludd" <ned...@ix.netcom.com>
}> wrote:
}>
}>> Well, I'm cute when I'm completely full of shit.
}>
}> Lucky you! When I'm completely full of shit I'm just annoying.
}> (And have a terrible urge to go to the bathroom)

Ned

} AND, I'm worth my weight in saltpeter!

Yes, but have you "coopted Zen and are using it like everything
else you have used in your rambling life of 50,000 miles, trying to find
the ultimate high - and playing Mr. Defiant"? I have! Buzzard's honor!

---Mr. Minkfoot

Pete Watters

Jun 6, 2001, 11:56:25 PM6/6/01
Minky writes:

I should like to point out that Minkfoot probably has put in a hell of lot
more than just 50,000 miles in his life.

Pete (and what has the Buzzard co-opted?)

--
"Helping take the harm out of dharma."
absfg faq -- http://members.home.net/watters/faq.html

L. S. Clossey

Jun 7, 2001, 3:57:07 AM6/7/01
In article <9fm1ck$rcd$1...@slb1.atl.mindspring.net>,
Ned Ludd <ned...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> AND, I'm worth my weight in saltpeter!
>
> Ned

Gosh durn, so close! If that was still in the 2nd person, and on the
other side of your name, I'd be in a sig file. One more life goal that
won't be fulfilled today.

Actually, I've become less enthusiastic about your saltpeterness: Upon
reflection, belly button lint can be pretty darn sexy. (depending, of
course, on the belly button).

Luke

L. S. Clossey

Jun 7, 2001, 4:20:39 AM6/7/01
>have any of you noticed i'm a narssisisit online???

Garry Shandling eons ago had a ramble about this girl he met at a
bar-b-que. He would have really liked her, except she was too
self-absorbed. ("Everyone look at ME! Help ME! MY hair is on fire!")

>on absfg are you more honest than in your everyday

I've never told a single lie on absfg (not counting this sentence).
I've told 3,765 lies in real life, though 8 of those were for the Good of
the Nation, 18 I thought were true at the time, & 3,127 were merely weak
attempts at humor. Of the rest (the ones I regret), 37 were under oath, 6
involved smuggling Bill the Cat totebags into Ceylon, and 569 were to
myself, which were really the worst lies of all.

>on absfg do people get your jokes more or less often than in "off absfg'

Most of my humor is pretty physical, so absfg people don't really
appreciate it. I've fallen off a step ladder into the arms of a bear on
a unicycle twice while responding to this post alone. (Ach, the lies
continue...)

Luke

Ned Ludd

Jun 7, 2001, 8:45:01 AM6/7/01
Mr. Minkfoot <mink...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message

>>> Lucky you! When I'm completely full of shit I'm just annoying.
>>> (And have a terrible urge to go to the bathroom)
>
>> AND, I'm worth my weight in saltpeter!
>
> Yes, but have you "coopted Zen and are using it like everything
> else you have used in your rambling life of 50,000 miles, trying
> to find the ultimate high - and playing Mr. Defiant"? I have!
> Buzzard's honor!

We should work on a list of the best Zen insults. Maybe
automate it and randomize it, like that site that gives you
a Shakespearian insult on demand.

> I should like to point out that Minkfoot probably has put in a
> hell of lot more than just 50,000 miles in his life.
> Pete (and what has the Buzzard co-opted?)

Nichiren Zen. Actually, Nichiren Baptist Zen.

Ned

Ned Ludd

Jun 7, 2001, 8:48:57 AM6/7/01
L. S. Clossey <clo...@socrates.Berkeley.EDU> wrote in message

Ned:

>> AND, I'm worth my weight in saltpeter!

Luke:

> Gosh durn, so close! If that was still in the 2nd person, and on
> the other side of your name, I'd be in a sig file. One more life
> goal that won't be fulfilled today.
> Actually, I've become less enthusiastic about your saltpeterness:
> Upon reflection, belly button lint can be pretty darn sexy.
> (depending, of course, on the belly button).

Not if it's flecked with dead mites and sweat nurdles.

Ned

(Shall we go for a DECADE of celibacy?)

Mr. Minkfoot

Jun 7, 2001, 9:27:33 AM6/7/01
In article <9fnt1r$r6f$1...@slb6.atl.mindspring.net>, "Ned Ludd"
<ned...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

}Mr. Minkfoot <mink...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
}news:minkfoot-060...@sdn-ar-001mabostp195.dialsprint.net...
}>
}>>>> Well, I'm cute when I'm completely full of shit.
}>>>

}
}> I should like to point out that Minkfoot probably has put in a
}> hell of lot more than just 50,000 miles in his life.
}> Pete (and what has the Buzzard co-opted?)

MF:
That was just an estimate for hitchhiking. The last hitching I did (and so
refreshing it was!) was about four years ago when I was stuck without a
legal vehicle in the Northeast Kingdom and a good friend of mine was
getting married in southern New Hampshire, about 200 miles away. Hitching
aroun VT and NH is much easier (even with a dog) and safer than on the
megalopolitan mainline, though. Perhaps I'll hitch to California again
sometime just to see how it is.

Fossil-fuel vehicles one can sleep in are perhaps contradictory to
ecological sensitivity, but I mostly avoid their use save for long trips
or bad weather.

The next mode of travel I want to explore, while still fit and as a means
of enhancing that fitness, is the walking pilgrimage. The role of long
foot-travel has been neglected in considerations of the practices of
ancient and medieval Zen monks who formed this tradition most of us are
fascinated by. Just the walking had something to do with what those monks
and laypersons became. The most recent example being good ol' Xu Yun, whom
everyone from Sheng-yen to Ardie reveres.

As for epithets, certain shaveheads gave mild praise to the description
"pseudognostic cryptomonotheist". Now, them's fightin' words!

Ned:

} Nichiren Zen. Actually, Nichiren Baptist Zen.

MF:
Excellent! Even better!

Do these insults span the ages from pre-Buddha to now? Can one say "black
lacquer bucket" on one hand, and "you're far more enlightened than me" on
the other?

---Mr. Minkfoot

Mr. Minkfoot

Jun 7, 2001, 9:37:33 AM6/7/01
In article <9fndgn$210h$1...@agate.berkeley.edu>,

clo...@socrates.Berkeley.EDU (L. S. Clossey) wrote:

}Garry Shandling eons ago had a ramble about this girl he met at a
}bar-b-que. He would have really liked her, except she was too
}self-absorbed. ("Everyone look at ME! Help ME! MY hair is on fire!")

At the recent Gathering whereat I was FireKeeper and Gathering Chief ("My
duties are many"), I was chatting pleasantly with a spectrum of folk about
three-quarters of whom had significant amounts of Native American genetic
material in their cellular nuclei. I was not really watching my tongue and
just blabbing on about things probably alternating between spiritual
topics and prurient observations while building up the kitchen fire for
the cooks of the evening meal, when a French-Canadian fellow . . . oops .
. . I mean *Quebecois* . . . jumps up and starts hitting me about the
mouth.

Through my startlement and his accent, I barely made out the words, "Mon
frere! Your beard, she is on fire!"

---Mr. Minkfoot

Mr. Minkfoot

Jun 7, 2001, 9:42:11 AM6/7/01
In article <9fnt96$50g$1...@nntp9.atl.mindspring.net>, "Ned Ludd"
<ned...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

}L. S. Clossey <clo...@socrates.Berkeley.EDU> wrote in message
}news:9fnc4j$201b$1...@agate.berkeley.edu...
}
}Ned:
}>> AND, I'm worth my weight in saltpeter!
}
}Luke:
}> Gosh durn, so close! If that was still in the 2nd person, and on
}> the other side of your name, I'd be in a sig file. One more life
}> goal that won't be fulfilled today.
}> Actually, I've become less enthusiastic about your saltpeterness:
}> Upon reflection, belly button lint can be pretty darn sexy.
}> (depending, of course, on the belly button).

Ned:

} Not if it's flecked with dead mites and sweat nurdles.

}(Shall we go for a DECADE of celibacy?)

MF:
Dead mites are hardly a turnoff. But "sweat nurdles"?

Please define.

And I bet only sissies would get turned off for more than the time to the
next glance at a favored sex object. Amazing how that can push everything
else out, just like a trained, self-cleaning navel.

---Mr. Minkfoot

Ned Ludd

Jun 7, 2001, 9:58:06 AM6/7/01

> At the recent Gathering whereat I was FireKeeper and Gathering Chief ("My
> duties are many"), I was chatting pleasantly with a spectrum of folk about
> three-quarters of whom had significant amounts of Native American genetic
> material in their cellular nuclei. I was not really watching my tongue and
> just blabbing on about things probably alternating between spiritual
> topics and prurient observations while building up the kitchen fire for
> the cooks of the evening meal, when a French-Canadian fellow . . . oops .
> . . I mean *Quebecois* . . . jumps up and starts hitting me about the
> mouth.
> Through my startlement and his accent, I barely made out the words, "Mon
> frere! Your beard, she is on fire!"
> ---Mr. Minkfoot

There's a koan.

And Minkfoot looked up and said, "Is my beard on fire yet?"

Ned

Ned Ludd

Jun 7, 2001, 10:07:55 AM6/7/01
Mr. Minkfoot <mink...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message

Ned:

>> AND, I'm worth my weight in saltpeter!

Luke:
> Gosh durn, so close! If that was still in the 2nd person, and on
> the other side of your name, I'd be in a sig file. One more life
> goal that won't be fulfilled today.
> Actually, I've become less enthusiastic about your saltpeterness:
> Upon reflection, belly button lint can be pretty darn sexy.
> (depending, of course, on the belly button).

Ned:
> Not if it's flecked with dead mites and sweat nurdles.
> (Shall we go for a DECADE of celibacy?)

MF:
> Dead mites are hardly a turnoff. But "sweat nurdles"?
> Please define.

A 'nurdle' (though the dictionaries are lagging behind on this word)
is a tiny, compacted, crud nodule. Sweat, body oil, dead flakes of
skin, various fauna that inhabit the surface of humans (the average
American has as many separate BEINGS living on his or her skin as
there are human beings living in America [about a quarter of a billion],
all of this rolled up in tiny balls of STUFF is what I was referring
to as "sweat nurdles".

> And I bet only sissies would get turned off for more than the time
> to the next glance at a favored sex object. Amazing how that can
> push everything else out, just like a trained, self-cleaning navel.

Well, Nagarjuna suggested that we should think of them as large bags
of filth and shit.

Doesn't work.

Ned

(A self-cleaning navel. Now THERE'S a thought!)

scion.of.buddha

Jun 7, 2001, 10:26:51 AM6/7/01

Ned Ludd wrote:

> We should work on a list of the best Zen insults. Maybe
> automate it and randomize it, like that site that gives you
> a Shakespearian insult on demand.

best Zen insults? what would those be like?

"Hey Ghassropper, you sit like a limp noodle!"

"You are a basal chakra boddhisuckra!"

"Yo! Hinayana boy! What is the sound of one cheek farting?"

"Recite the Goose Sutra for me again, Ox Herd breath!"

--S.o.B.

scion.of.buddha

Jun 7, 2001, 10:33:55 AM6/7/01

"Mr. Minkfoot" wrote:

> As for epithets, certain shaveheads gave mild praise to the description
> "pseudognostic cryptomonotheist". Now, them's fightin' words!

I bet you've heard that one alot....

> Do these insults span the ages from pre-Buddha to now? Can one say "black
> lacquer bucket" on one hand, and "you're far more enlightened than me" on
> the other?

And then there's Case 21... KANSHIKETSU!

--S.o.B.
(you, you, you metatheistic anarchopagan!!!)

John

Jun 7, 2001, 9:51:21 PM6/7/01
In article
<minkfoot-070...@sdn-ar-001mabostp153.dialsprint.net>,
mink...@bigfoot.com (Mr. Minkfoot) wrote:

There we have it folks,clear and pressing evidence that the Minkfooted
one has attained his Enlightenment.

I read somewhere,I think in Tricycle "practice like your hair is on
fire"...he has done it!!!!!

I offer prostrations in your general direction Minkfoot Buddha.

--
remove spamisicky to e mail.

Mr. Minkfoot

Jun 7, 2001, 10:56:41 PM6/7/01
In article <3B1F90D3...@yahoo.com>, "scion.of.buddha"
<sciono...@yahoo.com> wrote:

}"Mr. Minkfoot" wrote:
}
}> As for epithets, certain shaveheads gave mild praise to the description
}> "pseudognostic cryptomonotheist". Now, them's fightin' words!
}
}I bet you've heard that one alot....

Actually, no. I made that up about Ardent/Zenmar.

My sympathies with Christianity do not me a theist make. Conversely, this
does not mean I'm an atheist. I'm just not placeable on that spectrum.

But we've had this discussion before.

}> Do these insults span the ages from pre-Buddha to now? Can one say "black
}> lacquer bucket" on one hand, and "you're far more enlightened than me" on
}> the other?
}
}And then there's Case 21... KANSHIKETSU!

Actually, I don't think Ummon was being insulting here, any more than
Stavros gets offended by scatology. If you can't see the Buddha in shit,
there's not Buddha to be seen anywhere.

Ummon does cut loose with some good ones aimed at his audience of
rice-bags, though.

"And how should one deal with this bunch of windbags who gulp down other
people's pus and slobber, can recall heaps and loads of rubbish, and
display their donkey's lips and horses's mouths everywhere, boasting, 'I
can ask questions in five or ten alternative ways'?"

}--S.o.B.
}(you, you, you metatheistic anarchopagan!!!)

Why, thank you, Lee!

Mr. Minkfoot

Jun 7, 2001, 11:02:01 PM6/7/01
In article <9fo1t7$hdd$1...@slb3.atl.mindspring.net>, "Ned Ludd"
<ned...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

}> And I bet only sissies would get turned off for more than the time
}> to the next glance at a favored sex object. Amazing how that can
}> push everything else out, just like a trained, self-cleaning navel.
}>
}
} Well, Nagarjuna suggested that we should think of them as large bags
}of filth and shit.
}
} Doesn't work.

Au contraire (to Big Nag), I believe that there are many human beings who
are quite aroused by the thought of their sex objects as large bags of
filth and shit.

I prefer my physical perception of my fellow humans to be epithelially limited.

---Mr. Minkfoot

L. S. Clossey

Jun 8, 2001, 3:33:02 AM6/8/01
In article <minkfoot-070...@sdn-ar-001mabostp153.dialsprint.net>,
Mr. Minkfoot <mink...@bigfoot.com> wrote:

>Through my startlement and his accent, I barely made out the words, "Mon
>frere! Your beard, she is on fire!"

"Hyakujo clapped his hands and laughed at the discernment. `I thought a
Persian had a red beard,' he said, `and now I know a Persian who has a
red beard.'"

Luke (clapping & laughing & hoping you didn't get hurt)

L. S. Clossey

Jun 8, 2001, 3:43:28 AM6/8/01
Luke:

>> Upon reflection, belly button lint can be pretty darn sexy.
>> (depending, of course, on the belly button).
>>

> Not if it's flecked with dead mites and sweat nurdles.
>
> Ned
>
>(Shall we go for a DECADE of celibacy?)

UNCLE! UNCLE!

Luke

nubil...@ewranglers.com

Jun 8, 2001, 6:05:24 PM6/8/01
Ned:
>(A self-cleaning navel. Now THERE'S a thought!)

What?!? You mean some of them aren't?

Tina :)

Ned Ludd

Jun 8, 2001, 7:18:10 PM6/8/01
<nubil...@ewranglers.com> wrote in message

>> (A self-cleaning navel. Now THERE'S a thought!)
>
> What?!? You mean some of them aren't?

God, I just looked in my navel for the first time in a
couple of years.

Thanks, Tina.

Ned

nubil...@ewranglers.com

Jun 8, 2001, 7:51:37 PM6/8/01
Ned:

> God, I just looked in my navel for the first time in a
>couple of years.

And....?

Sweat nodules (or whatever the correct term was)?
Bed bugs?
A miniature nativity scene?

Tina :)

Ned Ludd

Jun 8, 2001, 11:11:31 PM6/8/01
<nubil...@ewranglers.com> wrote in message

Ned:
> God, I just looked in my navel for the first time in a
> couple of years.

Tina:

> And....?
> Sweat nodules (or whatever the correct term was)?
> Bed bugs?
> A miniature nativity scene?

Oh man, not bad. And a little baby Jesus, winking up at me
and giving me the finger.

Ned

bonfils

Jun 9, 2001, 4:17:54 AM6/9/01
On Thu, 7 Jun 2001 07:48:57 -0500, "Ned Ludd" <ned...@ix.netcom.com>
wrote:

>(Shall we go for a DECADE of celibacy?)

D'oh!
Now I have to start all over!

---
"If you love someone, set them free. If they come home, set them on fire."
- George Carlin

scion.of.buddha

Jun 9, 2001, 4:11:22 AM6/9/01
"Mr. Minkfoot" wrote:

> If you can't see the Buddha in shit,
> there's not Buddha to be seen anywhere.

So I've heard.

I guess akin to Thich's "Can you see a cloud in a piece of paper?"
chapter, there should be the "Seeing the shit in your rice crispies"
teaching...

> "And how should one deal with this bunch of windbags

( a.b.s.f.g. )

> who gulp down other people's pus and slobber,

Slllluuuurrrrrpppp!

> 'I can ask questions in five or ten alternative ways'?"

Yeh but I can answer them in 20. Or if they are koans, never in 30.

--S.o.B.

scion.of.buddha

Jun 9, 2001, 4:38:12 AM6/9/01

> My sympathies with Christianity do not me a theist make.

Though ye lyke a Yoda spake, does not ye a Chaucerian make.

> does not mean I'm an atheist.

I would never presume to know anymore what anyone is, since I don't even
know what I myself am...

> I'm just not placeable on that spectrum.

being able to paint in other spectral ranges, one has to first see
them...

but there's an "off-band" that's more than different wavelengths ...
feeling the subspace ripple from rainbows ... the astral flux from
shadows?

> But we've had this discussion before.

Right. Not beating that equus morti.

Mr. Minkfoot

Jun 14, 2001, 10:17:29 AM6/14/01
In article <9fpv3e$967$1...@agate.berkeley.edu>,

clo...@socrates.Berkeley.EDU (L. S. Clossey) wrote:

No. The Quebecois was a wiry bearded man also in the FireKeeper's Lodge.
Curly, as he is called, knew just how to put out a face fire with a
minimum of broken teeth.

My other colleague in the Lodge, Maggie, is a disciple of Sheng-yen's. She
wryly commented that now I knew how to practice as if my head was on fire.

And the bacon was enlightened . . .