Proxiphen for Alopecia Areata?!

Skip to the first unread message

AnakinBoy10

18 Sept 2004, 10:25:5818/09/2004
I am sort of confused at how Proxiphen would work here?

Since its targeted at androgen-related hairloss, how would it help Alopecia
Areata? Are the cortisones in it or other immunosupressants?
Or is is simply the minoxidil?

Rocky

18 Sept 2004, 14:30:3318/09/2004
anaki...@aol.com (AnakinBoy10) wrote in message news:<20040918102558...@mb-m05.aol.com>...

It is a "kitchen-sink" type treatment that combines a number of
different treatments that each seperately treat MPB from different
angles...in theory, anyway. I believe the dosage of minox in
Proxiphen is only 2%, and the other dosages in that treatment are
unkown. I think that it is more cost effective to just combine 5%
minoxidil and Propecia with some other treatments like retin-a, spiro,
copper-peptides, etc...

The only Proctor product I can swear by is his NANO shampoo, which
I've found has significantly reduced my amount of hair shed daily. I
use it about 3X weekly.

Rocky

Ernie Primeau

18 Sept 2004, 22:50:0418/09/2004
The only ones who believe in the kitchen sink method are the snake
oilers with multiple products to sell to hair loss victims.Save your
money and hair and ignore him and hs ilk.ernie

Ernie Primeau

19 Sept 2004, 00:39:3019/09/2004
I spurt come in kitchen sinks and then rub it into my scalp.I call it
Follicular Nutrient Semen. Ernie

Ernie Primeau

19 Sept 2004, 15:33:4019/09/2004
remember when the proven liar,crook,forger and asshole farrel was
promoting FNS.Ernie

Peter H Proctor

19 Sept 2004, 22:13:3519/09/2004

Basically, Proxiphen is composed of many of the agents we have
found in our screening program going back 20 years. Ourl chief
screening technique was a "cross-over". in which we triy out new
things on persons who have failed our previous treatment. Anthign
that works is by definition an improvement.

Proxiphen is the subject of nine US patents covering a broad
range of hair-growth stimulators, many of which work in complimentary
ways. At the moment, it contains 14 different active ingredients.

While it is not clear exactly how some our our agents work,
some are SOD's, some likely act by increasing levels of nitric oxide (
the putative "natural minoxidil" ), some reverse fibrosis ( the
terminal even in pattern loss ), some have anitinflammatory
properties and so forth.

To clear up some apparent misconceptions: The only
antiandrogen per se we use is spironolactone. Similarly, I add
minoxidil mostly for persons who have been on this drug and may be
somewhat dependent upon it. You can leave it out and it does not
seem to make much difference. This may because one or more of our
other agents do the same thing.

Proxiphen works pretty well on Alopecia areata, just as long
as it is not complete ( alopecia totalis or universalis) and/or the
loss is really long-term.

Time to response is quite variable. I once had a
mother/daughter pair, both with alopecia areata. The daughter had
pretty extensive loss on top, but started regrowth at three months
and had pretty good regrowth by 6-7 months.

Mom had just a few quarter-sized spots, but showed no response
until about 8 months. She would not have stayed on treatmen except
that her daughter had responded so well. She then proceeded to
fill in essentially completely.

Peter H Proctor, PhD, MD
www.drproctor.com

Ernie Primeau

19 Sept 2004, 23:19:5019/09/2004
Prox is snake oil. Ernie

John G.

20 Sept 2004, 12:34:0120/09/2004
> The only Proctor product I can swear by is his NANO shampoo

The only thing NANO did for me was make me $43 lighter in my wallet...
:(

Bryan Shelton

23 Sept 2004, 16:33:5823/09/2004
On 18 Sep 2004 11:30:33 -0700, ro...@volcanomail.com (Rocky) wrote:

>It is a "kitchen-sink" type treatment that combines a number of
>different treatments that each seperately treat MPB from different
>angles...in theory, anyway. I believe the dosage of minox in
>Proxiphen is only 2%, and the other dosages in that treatment are
>unkown.

Actually, the last I heard, it was 5.5% minoxidil.

Bryan

Ernie Primeau

23 Sept 2004, 22:48:5623/09/2004
bryan,tell us what it takes to grow scalp hair if not androgens.it has
to take something.Ernie