Another Recipe Request

Mary McK

Mar 4, 2001, 12:17:17 PM3/4/01
>- or find the B5 cook
>book!

There is such a thing????

Mary McK
who is in AWE now!!

Please remove the obvious spam block to e-mail me!!

Mark Blunden

Mar 4, 2001, 12:24:48 PM3/4/01
"Mary McK" <donaldm...@cs.com.nospam> wrote in message

> >- or find the B5 cook
> >book!
> >
> There is such a thing????
>
> Mary McK
> who is in AWE now!!

'Dining on Babylon 5' by Steve Smith, ISBN 0752211439.

http://www.alphabetstreet.infront.co.uk/cgi-bin/show?Key=alpha075221143

I haven't read - or cooked from - it myself, but I've heard it's quite good.

--
Mark.
mar...@bigfoot.com

* There's a thin person inside me just screaming to get out. Serves him
right, though. Shouldn't have stood so close to the buffet.

Arthur Buse

Mar 4, 2001, 1:50:05 PM3/4/01
donaldm...@cs.com.nospam (Mary McK) wrote:

>>- or find the B5 cook
>>book!
>>
>There is such a thing????

Yes, but out of print: "Dining on Babylon 5" ISBN 0752211439

Arthur.

Mary McK

Mar 4, 2001, 6:25:37 PM3/4/01
>Yes, but out of print: "Dining on Babylon 5" ISBN 0752211439

Figures!!

It is always the book you want that is out of print...and the series you liked
best that is CANCELLED!!

Mary McK

Iain Clark

Mar 5, 2001, 5:18:27 PM3/5/01

> >Yes, but out of print: "Dining on Babylon 5" ISBN 0752211439
>
> Figures!!
>
> It is always the book you want that is out of print...and the series you
liked
> best that is CANCELLED!!

G'Kar was actually seen reading a version of this book in A View From the
Gallery. Surreal product placement :-)

Iain
--
"Signs, portents, dreams...next thing
we'll be reading tea leaves and chicken entrails."

Phil Jefferson

Mar 6, 2001, 10:04:21 AM3/6/01
Alison Hopkins wrote:
> Look up bagna cauda in any competent Italian cook book...

Hang on...
It's got anchovies in it?
Ugh. And I always thought that seemed so appitising too.

Phil J

Mark Blunden

Mar 6, 2001, 2:10:07 PM3/6/01
"Phil Jefferson" <pbj...@york.ac.uk> wrote in message

Ah, anchovies - the marmite of the marine world. Personally, I love them, at
least on pizzas.

--
Mark.
mar...@bigfoot.com

* People are too unreliable to be successfully replaced by machines

Mary McK

Mar 6, 2001, 2:07:40 PM3/6/01
>Hang on...
>It's got anchovies in it?
>Ugh. And I always thought that seemed so appitising too.

I know it sounded AWFUL to me....but I made it last night for DH(and Manicotti
incase it was horrible!!) and you don't taste them....it was INCREADIBLE!!
Melted in your mouth...I do not own a fondue pot...but used a crock pot and
some home baked sourdough bread...it was GREAT!!

Thanks again for the recipe and the link

Alison Hopkins

Mar 6, 2001, 3:42:40 PM3/6/01

Mark Blunden wrote in message <983cof$4fiv$1...@ID-36588.news.dfncis.de>...

>"Phil Jefferson" <pbj...@york.ac.uk> wrote in message
>> Alison Hopkins wrote:
>> > Look up bagna cauda in any competent Italian cook book...
>>
>> Hang on...
>> It's got anchovies in it?
>> Ugh. And I always thought that seemed so appitising too.
>
>Ah, anchovies - the marmite of the marine world. Personally, I love them,
at
>least on pizzas.

me too. In fact, the anchovies "disappear". I have a wonderful dip recipe
involving double cream and anchovies, amongst other things, and all my non
fish loving friends love it.

Ali

Alex

Mar 6, 2001, 5:14:33 PM3/6/01
On Tue, 6 Mar 2001 20:42:40 -0000, "Alison Hopkins"
<fn...@dial.pipex.com> wrote:

>Mark Blunden wrote in message <983cof$4fiv$1...@ID-36588.news.dfncis.de>...
>>"Phil Jefferson" <pbj...@york.ac.uk> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Hang on...
>>> It's got anchovies in it?
>>> Ugh. And I always thought that seemed so appitising too.
>>
>>Ah, anchovies - the marmite of the marine world. Personally, I love them,
>at
>>least on pizzas.
>>

>me too. In fact, the anchovies "disappear".

Sinister Huh?