Stop Wasting Gas

4poster

May 4, 2011, 11:40:44 AM5/4/11
When you go out on the roads and everyone is speeding, tailgating and
passing on the double solid line,
as if gas were 50 cents a gallon you know they are playing right into
the price gougers' hands.

And how about those huge gas guzzling trucks, to say nothing of
drivers who don't plan their
trips or make unnecessary trips and burn even more gasWhat about the
commuters who refuse to car pool or the employers who refuse to
stagger working hours, so vehicles aren't in gridlock idling away
precious gallons of "black gold".

Just common sense can reduce consumption, thus limiting the Knowing
the energy crunch we face, why do automakers push 500 hp gas hogs?

Why not contact them and demand more production of high mileage
vehicles

Public service vehicles are allowed to idle while the drivers are
taking coffee breaks, so they won't get too warm in summer or cold in
winter"

What about US, state and local officials initiating public information
campaigns to advise citizens about how to reduce consumption

C. E. White

May 4, 2011, 11:46:26 AM5/4/11

"4poster" <voc...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message

Why not just add a $1 a gallon tax to gasoline. We tax everything else that
is considered bad behavior (cigarette, achohol, etc.). Call it the defense
spendning funding act of 2011. It seems most of ur defence money is spent
securing oil supplies or defending us from terroists (and South American
idiots) funded by petro-dollars. Surely if we clamin that it is needed to
protect us from terroist the insane TEA Party people will demand it be
implemented at once. Or instead of adding a dollar a gallon to gasoline,
just add a $75 per barrel tariff on foreign oil - the TEA party people want
to protect American Jobs right?

Ed

4poster

May 4, 2011, 11:56:25 AM5/4/11
On May 4, 11:46 am, "C. E. White" <cewhi...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> "4poster" <voca...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> Ed- Hide quoted text -

I am on a fixed income, SSA plus a small pension. My wife has a bad
heart
and takes meds four times a day. When the gas skyrockets it
really causes problems for us and an additional tax on top of the
already
high price would be disasterous. I live in a state where they add a 4
cent tax
on the price, with disregard for those who are impacted the most..

Message has been deleted

4poster

May 23, 2011, 4:35:15 PM5/23/11
I was not referring to folks who made their living, but those who simply use
gas guzzlers, like Hummers, for transportation exclusively.