3-Kid Family is Ok with one Car; what about 4-kid Family?

Mike

Jul 7, 2010, 7:28:41 PM7/7/10

A freind asked me this today and wasn't sure of the correct answer. He
has a regular car so for his wife and 3 kids it is fine. However, he
might get a 4th kid and asking himself that question.

It is illegal to have 4 kids in one car, isn't it?

M.

C. E. White

Jul 8, 2010, 7:27:20 AM7/8/10

"Mike" <maas...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Depends on the vehicle. For sure you could get four child seats in most
mini-vans, SUVs, and other vehicles with three row seating. I am pretty sure
you could get four child seats in Crown Victoria / Grand Marquis and still
sqeeze in two adults. I am sure there is room for four child seats in my
Mothers Highlander (three row seating). I think you might even get four
seats in my Fusion, but then you would only have room for one adult (the
driver). I think you could also get four child seats in my F150 (supercab).
But I think for anyone that really has four children that need child seats,
a mini-van is best. But is reasonable to expect to have four children that
all need child seats? What age can they do without child seats?

Ed

I think if you are going to have four children, you might as well go for the
mini-van. More than tat and I guess you are looking at

Kev

Jul 8, 2010, 10:20:34 AM7/8/10

Anyone who puts children in a car without a seat or seatbelt needs a
good belting and the children taken away from them
if you have 4 children buy a vehicle with enough seats(with seatbelts)
or take a bus

Kev

Bill

Jul 8, 2010, 10:40:02 AM7/8/10
"Mike" wrote in message

> It is illegal to have 4 kids in one car, isn't it?

That would depend on the model of vehicle and your state's laws (which can
be different from state to state).

As for myself - state laws or not, I have a small car which has seat belts
for 4 people total. That is my limit. I will not allow more people than that
in my car.

Then I have an extended cab truck with seat belts for 6 people total, so in
the truck I will carry 6 people.

As to your state's laws, the drivers manual where you get your driver's
license should say what is allowed...

C. E. White

Jul 12, 2010, 8:59:44 AM7/12/10

"Kev" <kev...@optunet.com.au> wrote in message

I have two children - one 20, the other 22...do they need car seats?

At some age/size, cars seats for children are not necessary. With four
children it seems to me the chances are at elat one of them will be large
enough not to need a child seat. That was my point, not that small children
don't need car seats.

Ed

Kev

Jul 12, 2010, 9:29:28 AM7/12/10

you might like to re read what I wrote
Car seats for smaller children but in all cases a seatbelt for every
one, no matter what their age

Kev

C. E. White

Jul 12, 2010, 9:36:39 AM7/12/10