Re: OT - Madoff judge

Message has been deleted

JoeSpareBedroom

Jan 12, 2009, 2:33:46 PM1/12/09
"Conscience" <nob...@gov.com> wrote in message
news:gkg4bc$aif$1...@news.albasani.net...
> Poor Madoff has been temporarily sentenced to his penthouse.
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090112/ap_on_bi_ge/madoff_scandal;_ylt=AilK4VuP6Mdxaz5lBgsuqaGs0NUE
>
> Anyone
> interested should have a look at the jurisprudence of one of New York's
> "finest": Judge Ronald L. Ellis
>
> Anyone really not interested can disregard.

In that book I recommended, "My FBI", Freeh says the NY judicial district is
often referred to in law circles as the "sovereign district" instead of
"southern district". :-)

Fat Moe

Jan 12, 2009, 4:02:48 PM1/12/09
Spitzer tried and we know what happened to him.

JoeSpareBedroom

Jan 12, 2009, 4:37:30 PM1/12/09
"Fat Moe" <Fat...@BubbleWorld.Com> wrote in message

What did Spitzer try? I don't see the connection between what you said and
what I wrote.

Fat Moe

Jan 12, 2009, 5:21:29 PM1/12/09
As attorney general, Spitzer prosecuted cases relating to corporate
white collar crime, securities fraud, internet fraud and environmental
protection. He most notably pursued cases against companies involved in
computer chip price fixing, investment bank stock price inflation, and
the 2003 mutual fund scandal. He also sued Richard Grasso, the former
chairman of the New York Stock Exchange, claiming he had failed to fully
inform the board of directors of his deferred compensation package,
which exceeded $140 million.[4]

JoeSpareBedroom

Jan 12, 2009, 5:23:52 PM1/12/09
"Fat Moe" <Fat...@BubbleWorld.Com> wrote in message

All true, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the discussion in
progress. Maybe you can show how it's connected.

Jeff Strickland

Jan 12, 2009, 5:30:55 PM1/12/09

"Fat Moe" <Fat...@BubbleWorld.Com> wrote in message

Yeah, he bought himself an expensive hooker.

Message has been deleted

Fat Moe

Jan 12, 2009, 6:40:26 PM1/12/09
Conscience wrote:
> With an unnecessarily big mouth.

Spitzer pissed off some big bucks, they were gunning for him.
Madoff, there is more to this than we are hearing, others are involved
that haven't come to light yet.
Message has been deleted