somewhat OT, thoughts please

1 view

Kent Fedor

Aug 28, 2005, 9:02:07 PM8/28/05
Due to you most you you guys being "friends" ,I wish to share the
following:

Tomorrow, I go in for surgury to have isolated "pockets" of the
Streptococcus infection that has plagued me for the last year+ removed.
This is not major, but due to some of the locations, not minor either.
Immediately following the surgury tomorrow, I am going to recieve the
antibiotic vancomycin via IV tap for two weeks to make sure this stuff
is gone for good. If you read this before my surgury, please keep me in
your thoughts and prayers. I am somewhat scared, but this a monumental
step toward getting well; tomorrow is the begenning of the end of being
sick this the stupid strep infection that has plagued me for the last
year.

I'll be back working on my studebakers in no time <G>

Kent Fedor, age 21
SDC Member, Reed City, Michigan

P.S. Sorry this letter sounds so !%#@#^&^#^ formal.....I guess I
listened too much to my english teacher in high school...lol

Jeff Rice

Aug 28, 2005, 9:11:50 PM8/28/05
My youngest daughter had recurring strep throat for quite a while as a kid.
It took surgery to remove her tonsils, which had a pocket of strep in one or
the other....
The antibiotics would work for a couple of weeks, and then it would come
roaring back.
After her tonsillectomy, she was fine (except for a redhead attitude which
she still has <lol>)
Good luck!
Jeff

"Kent Fedor" wrote..

Jeff DeWitt

Aug 28, 2005, 9:12:49 PM8/28/05
Kent,

Good luck and take care, I'm sure everything will come out well.

Jeff DeWitt

Freddy Badgett

Aug 28, 2005, 9:29:13 PM8/28/05
We all share a lot more here than most would believe, or understand.
Good luck with your surgery and treatment, best wishes for a speedy and
full recovery.

Freddy

Jim Turner

Aug 28, 2005, 9:34:29 PM8/28/05
Kent,
You will be fine! Keep up the faith. Believe me when I say that. I went
through some "health" issues last year, and I learned as soon as my attitude
changed, so did my health.
Things will be fine.

Jim Turner

Georgia Studebaker

Aug 28, 2005, 10:02:53 PM8/28/05
Kick A$$, Kent!

Dave Miller

Dave's Place

Aug 28, 2005, 10:09:20 PM8/28/05
> You will be fine! Keep up the faith. Believe me when I say that. I went
> through some "health" issues last year, and I learned as soon as my
attitude
> changed, so did my health.

Time flies when you are feeling good! It's been WELL over a year, Jim!

Good luck, and God bless, Kent!
--
Dave Lester
Dave's Place
See pictures at www.davesplaceinc.com

Jim Turner

Aug 28, 2005, 10:22:11 PM8/28/05
Yep, coming up on 2 for my surgery

Jim

Craig Parslow

Aug 28, 2005, 10:29:22 PM8/28/05

"Kent Fedor" <delirio...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Due to you most you you guys being "friends" ,I wish to share the
> following:
>
> Tomorrow, I go in for surgury to have isolated "pockets" of the
> Streptococcus infection that has plagued me for the last year+ removed.

I'm sure you'll come just fine, Kent. But do yourself and others here a
favor...give yourself a chance to heal! Don't rush back to work immediately
after the surgery. The consequences of exerting yourself right after can be
worse than what you went in for, or evan fatal.

Craig.

Jeff Grohs

Aug 28, 2005, 10:35:25 PM8/28/05
Kent, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Are any of the pockets
inclusive of your tonsils ( previously mentioned)? It used to be
commonplace to have tonsils and adenoids removed at any sign of
recurrent throat infections. Had mine done in the 3rd grade in 1970. The
great thing about it was "having" to eat only jello and pudding for a
few days. They gave me the tonsils in a jar with solution to keep. the
solution ( formaldehyde ?) eventually evaporated and the tonsils dried
out. Tonsillectomy's are quite rare these days due to the widespread use
of antibiotics and the cost of hospitalization.

See you back here soon,

Jeff

Message has been deleted

bob m

Aug 29, 2005, 12:28:00 AM8/29/05
You know I will be thinking of you Kent and let me know what I can do
afterwards. Meanwhile, get well, you have a whole bunch of life to live
ahead of you and don't be impatient for it to heal. Follow the doctor's
order and get well soon.

Bob Miles
Tucson AZ

Rich

Aug 29, 2005, 3:02:08 AM8/29/05
Kent;

We will remember you in our thoughts and prayers, for sure.
There is power in faith. Have some!

I can certainly understand what you are going through. Strep
throat has put me in the hospital twice - and once an ice bath
because of the high fever (you don't want to ever do that!!!)
This will be a great relief, once over. Try not to worry and
think positive thoughts.

God bless,
Rich

Richard Morris
Renton, WA
1964 Studebaker Avanti R-1 #5367
1990 Avanti 4-door #78

Gordon Richmond

Aug 29, 2005, 4:55:42 AM8/29/05
I'm pulling for you, Kent. Best of luck with the surgery, and take
care of yourself.

Gord Richmond

Charles Kunicki

Aug 29, 2005, 6:58:33 AM8/29/05
You'll be fine,just take the time and follow the Dr.s advice.Before you know
it the problem that has plagued you will be gone,take care of your self and
God Bless!

Charlie!!

bobcar...@hotmail.com

Aug 29, 2005, 7:48:46 AM8/29/05
Best wishes, Kent, with prayers following from here. What a double
whammy; your car fire and now this! Be gald you're only 21 years old;
easy to heal. Well, you'll get plenty of time to catch up on your
reading! Cheers and all the best. Bob Palma.

TomNoller

Aug 29, 2005, 11:03:28 AM8/29/05
Ahh, you guys all sound like a bunch of grandmas.
Kent, don't be layin' around feeling sorry for yourself. Work is good
therapy. Get back to the grindstone asap and show those germs who's boss.
<G>
I hope I put a smile on yer face! You've got my prayers, too. Heal
gently.

bondobilly

Aug 29, 2005, 10:37:12 AM8/29/05
Like I said if you need info Ellen is always around

bondobilly

Aug 29, 2005, 7:05:51 PM8/29/05
Prior to Turners hospital stay he was a miserable SOB, now after a year he
is just a SOB.

BG

Jeff Rice

Aug 29, 2005, 7:31:38 PM8/29/05
LOL.....
Jeff (But he makes a great designated driver) Rice

"bondobilly" wrote..

Jerry

Aug 29, 2005, 8:02:37 PM8/29/05
You will be fine just keep a good attitude. You will be in my prayers

--
Jerry Kaiser (Studeblu)
64 One Ton

m5pickup

Aug 29, 2005, 9:10:27 PM8/29/05
Thoughts and prayers are headed your way, Kent. May God bless you with a
speedy recovery.

Regards-
John Stine
'46 M5 Pickup