StudeFord 289 (was Re: Wanted:)

StudeAnt

Nov 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/12/97

>Leigh wrote:
>>Just tell 'em that Ford bought their 289s from Studebaker. That will
>>slow 'em down a bit.
>

>don't know
> how many Mustang people are surprised to here I have a 289 in it. To listen
> to them, you would think that Ford had a patent or copyright or something on
> the numbers 2 - 8 - 9.

This is like the Chevy vs. AMC 327 engine nonsense. AMC had their 327 at least
5 years before Chevy, and needless to say there are no interchangable parts.
But you can't tell them that, they "know better". Yeah, right.-ANT

Do NOT send junk email to me - consider this an official notice:
Or I shall expel digestive gasses

Bob Lyle

Nov 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/14/97

Jason Menard wrote:

> > What a bunch of maroons............( yes, it was intentionally
> > misspelled)
>
> Hey, Watch it, Some of us Texans are kinda touchy about maroon.
> Jay from the Piney Woods

The 'maroon' he's referring to is from Bugs Bunny...his way of saying
MORON.

And some of us LIKE maroon!! BTW, JAy is referring to the maroon of
Texas A&M University!! (Much better than the 'burnt orange' of the UT
"Tea-sippers" !!!

--
Big Bob and the All-Star BBQ Pit Crew!!!
Austin, Texas...home of the '98 SDC International Meet!!

you MUST delete the (nospam) from my reply address!!

Jason Menard

Nov 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/15/97

JETman

Nov 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/15/97

--------------19CD6EB91EE6

Bob Lyle wrote:

> The 'maroon' he's referring to is from Bugs Bunny...his way of saying
> MORON.
>
> And some of us LIKE maroon!! BTW, JAy is referring to the maroon of
> Texas A&M University!! (Much better than the 'burnt orange' of the UT
> "Tea-sippers" !!!
>
> --
> Big Bob and the All-Star BBQ Pit Crew!!!
> Austin, Texas...home of the '98 SDC International Meet!!

Oh, Oh Bob, you should have never admitted to an Aggie link!

Attached is something that you might (urp) enjoy. . .

--
JT, Austin, Texas - Home of the 1998 Studebaker Drivers Club International Meet and.
. . . .

Annual Spamarama Festival (the kind in a can!)

REMOVE THE * when replying!

--------------19CD6EB91EE6

[Image]

The adventures of Bubba and Billy Joe Bob

* Submitted by a rabid Sooner fan
Two aggie DPS officers pulled over a driver in Waxahatchie. Bubba told Billy
Joe Bob to write the fellow up and he would radio the information into
headquarters. After struggling with the writing for several minutes, much
printing, erasing, groaning and headscratching, Billy Joe Bob turned to
Bubba and asked "Bubba, how do you spell Waxahatchie?" Bubba grabbed the
ticket book from Billy Joe Bob, thought a minute, tried his hand at
spelling, and finally said "Hell, Billy Joe Bob, turn the fellow loose.
We'll have Buford pick him down the road in Waco!"

Two aggie deer hunters, Bubba and Billy Joe Bob were hunting when one of
them killed a good buck. They were struggling mightily while dragging it by
the hind legs through the brush toward their car. Another hunter saw their
struggle and told them to go around and grab the deer by the antlers and
drag it. That way the antlers would be up above some of the brush and the
legs would fold back against the body making it easier to drag.
After taking the advice and dragging the deer for about 1/2 mile, Billy Joe
Bob turned to Bubba and said "That other fellow sure was smart. This deer is
a lot easier to drag!" Bubba snorted and cussed and said that he disagreed.
"That fellow wasn't smart at all. We're gettin' farther from the car all the
time, Billy Joe!"

The next year Bubba and Billy Joe Bob, a little older and presumably a
little wiser (strictly in the relative sense) went deer hunting again. Bubba
sent Billy Joe Bob into the brush while he scouted and hunted the edges of
the brush thicket. Suddenly Billy Joe Bob crashed through the brush into a
clearing. Seeing movement, Bubba fired a shot, hitting Billy Joe Bob in the
gut.
Bubba grabbed Billy Joe Bob, carried him to the car and rushed him to the
hospital where he begged the doctor to spare no expense and save Billy Joe
Bob's life. After operating for several hours, the doctor exited the
operating romm for a few moments to take a stretch break. Bubba saw him in
the hall and rushed up asking the doctor if Billy Joe Bob was going to make
it.
The doctor responded that "It's still critical and touch and go, but I'll
tell you this. He would have had a lot better chance of survival if you
hadn't "gutted" him before you brought him in!"
* The were three aggies huddled around each other at a local bar. All of
a sudden, they jumped up and yelled, "Yeah, 45! 45!" The bartender goes down
to them and asks, "45? What are you guys so excited about?"

One of the aggies speaks up: "We just finished a jigsaw puzzle. The box said
2 to 3 years, and we did it in 45 days!"

* There's an aggie, a Longhorn and a Baylor Bear that all just broke out
of jail. They went to hide out in an old animal wharehouse. The Longhorn and
Bear each hid in a box and the aggie hid in a bag. The Police walked in and
knocked on the Longhorn box and the Longhorn replied MOO! The police
said..Oh, it's just a cow. After knocking on the Bear's box the Bear replied
OINK, OINK! The police said...Oh, it's just a pig.

The police shook the aggie bag and the aggie said POTATOES!

* Hear about the aggie 2 hours late to class?

The esclator was stuck....

* Then there was the aggie who was so dumb, his roomate noticed.

* What is the difference between an aggie and a carp?

One is a bottom feeding scum sucker and the other is a fish.

* So There is a Longhorn, an aggie and a Baylor Bear. They're checking in
to a hotel. The Longhorn signs his name, John Doe LLP. The clerk asked what
it meant and he said he was a lawyer. The Bear signed his name Jack Smith
MD. Again the clerk asked what the initials meant. He said he was a doctor.

Then when the aggie signed his name he signed Michael Johnson SI. The clerk,
bewildered asked what SI meant. The aggie looking annoyed said he majored in
civil engineering!

* Did you hear about the aggie terrorist who tried to blow up the
Longhorn team bus.

He burned his lip on the tailpipe.

* How many aggies does it take to screw in a light bulb?

One, but he gets 3 hours credit.

* University of Southwestern Louisiana 29, a&m 22 !!!

* The star football player for the aggies was failing his math class at
the semester and had to pass his exam in order to play in the game that
weekend at Kyle Field. The professor and the school board get together and
decide to ask him one question at halftime of the game. If the aggie answers
the question correctly, he passes and can play. However, if he answers
incorrectly he fails the course and is ineligible. Well the game finally
rolls around and everyone is anxious about the question.

At halftime the player and his professor go to the center of the field and
over the loudspeaker the professor asks the question "What is two plus two?"
The aggie thinks and thinks, finally he asks the professor if he can use a
calculator. The professor says "No, your time is up". In desperation the
aggie shouts into the microphone "Four!"

With that Kyle Field erupts into the chant of "Give him another chance, give
him another chance!"

* A Longhorn, a Techster and an aggie went into a bar for a drink. The
longhorn tells the bartender, I'll have a tc. The bartender says ''what's
that?" . The Longhorn says ''you know, a tom collins." The Techster says
''I'll have a pc." The bartender says ''what's that?" The Techster says "a
pina colida."

The aggie says "I'll have a 15." The bartender says ''what's that?" The
aggie says "you know -- seven & seven".

* Q: What the difference between an Aggie and Rice crispies?

A: Ricecrispies know what to do in a bowl.

* Where was O.J. hiding right before the famous white Bronco Chase?

On the aggie campus, because that's the last place you'll find a football
player.

* What does Corey Pullig and Jim Bakker have in common?

They both can get 70,000 people jump to their feet and yell "Jesus Christ"

* Did you know that Adam was an aggie?

He had to be because he was eating an apple while sitting next to a naked
lady.

* Ya know how to drive an aggie crazy?

Stick him in a round room and tell him to pee in the corner.

* An aggie and a Longhorn were watching the news on TV. There was a film
story about a girl on the ledge of a building threatening to commit suicide.
The police were trying to talk her down when the Longhorn says to the aggie,
"I'll bet you five dollars that she jumps." The aggie took the bet. Seconds
later, the girl jumps. The aggie takes five dollars from his pocket and
hands it to the Longhorn. The Longhorn says, "I can't take your money. I saw
the same film clip on the 6:00 news today and knew she was going to jump."

The aggie says, "I watched it, too; but I didn't think she do it a second
time."

* Did you hear about the Aggie that broke his leg raking leaves?

He fell out of the tree.

* Did you hear that they can't have any more parties at a&m?

The guy who knew the recipe for ice graduated.

* How many aggies does it take to change a flat tire?

Just one . . . unless it's a blowout, then they all show up!

* Why does the Aggie Corps wear uniforms made out of polyester?

No virgin wool within a hundred miles of College Station!

* How many aggies does it take to eat an armadillo

3 -- One to eat it and two to watch for cars.

* How come aggies don't drink Kool-Aid?

Because thay can't figure out how to get 2 quarts of water in the little
package.

* Did you hear about the aggie that locked his keys in his car?

He couldn't get his family out.

* How do you keep and aggie in the shower all day?

Give him shampoo that says lather, rinse, repeat.

* Why do aggies keep their diplomas on their dash boards?

So they can park in the handicap spaces.

* Two aggies were walking down the street when they came upon a dog lying
on the sidewalk, licking and cleaning his groin like dogs do. The first
aggie says to the second, "Boy, I wish I could do THAT." The second aggie
replies, "Yeah, me too, but I wouldn't want to try it." The other aggie
asks, "Why not?"

"Because," the second aggie replies, "I'm afraid the dog might bite me."

Return to:
Mary's Home Page | Mary's Cowboys Page | Mary's Longhorns Page
[Image] I would love to hear your aggie jokes. Send them to
stdm...@shsu.edu and I'll add them to my page. If you include your
name, I will give you credit.

--------------19CD6EB91EE6--

Bob Lyle

Nov 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/16/97

JETman wrote:

> BondoBill1 wrote:
> > TRUE STORY......one of our local Poiceman once worked an upstate town that was
> > in "deer hunting territory". One night while on patrol he saw a beat up Chevy
> > with an animal tied to the trunk, being NOT hunting season he followed the
> > vehicle for a distance and pulled it over. He asked the three fellows to step
> > out of the car and expalin to him what they were doing with an animal tied to
> > their trunk. Whe he ran the drivers' license it came back as someone from the
> > Bronx......he goes back to the guys and starts questioning them about the
> > animal, and they proceed to tell him they were deer hunting....he explained it
> > was not hunting season......but he really wanted to know what they thought
> > they killed.......the owner of the car very proudly told him they shout an
> > "albino deer" very rare, and they couldn't pass it up. He arrested them, for
> > shooting a goat.
> > Bondo Billy, proud owner of the Hawk from Hell and his all girl pit crew
>
> Are you sure they were not Aggies???

> --
> JT, Austin, Texas - Home of the 1998 Studebaker Drivers Club
> International Meet and. . . . .

Nah!!! Probably big time game-hunter LAWYERS!!!

--
Big Bob and the All-Star BBQ Pit Crew!!!
Austin, Texas...home of the '98 SDC International Meet!!

you MUST delete the (nospam) from my reply address!!

JETman

Nov 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/16/97