Off Subject: Texas BBQ

Gary McCollum

Jun 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/27/99
A fella from Huntsville, Texas opened up a Smokehouse up here and needs
Texas memorabilia stuff for his walls. He has a few license plates etc..
Also a neat poster of an Armadillo hugging a bottle of Big Red. If the
Texans (how does Loy say it? Tejasens?) have anything they might want to
donate, please send to:
Big Al's Texas BBQ
18002 Bothell Everett Hwy
Unit #3 North Creek Center
Bothell, WA 98012
I'm sure he would appreciate it.
Personally I prefer to support the little guy or independent, instead of the
big chains whether it be autoparts or BBQ. Why go to Tony R....'s when I
can go to Big Al's and get the real stuff. Not only is it good, IT'S CLOSE
TO WHERE I LIVE!!!!!!!
Thanks,
Gary McCollum

--
Will Work For Studebaker

Bob Lyle

Jun 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/27/99

MMmmmmmm...makes me hungry just thinking about it...and I had BBQ ribs
with 'tater salad and baked beans for dinner!! Yummmmmm!!!
--
Big Bob and the Studebaker All-Star BBQ Pit Crew!!!
Austin, Texas...home of the '98 SDC International Meet!!

Meet the newest chapter in SDC...the Texas Hill Country Chapter at:
http://jnautoair.com/hill_country_chapter.htm

email: bob....@worldnet.att.net
phone: (512) 272-5445

Mitch Bennett

Jun 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/27/99
I know I am in the right NewsGroup, Studebakers and groceries.
Mitch (I got the groceries, I needs the Studebakers.) Bennett

Steve Miller wrote:

> Don't believe food is ever off topic here!

> Bob Lyle wrote:
>
> > Gary McCollum wrote:
> > >
> > > A fella from Huntsville, Texas opened up a Smokehouse up here and needs

> > > Texas memorabilia stuff for his walls.SNIP
>
> > > Gary McCollum

> > MMmmmmmm...makes me hungry just thinking about it...and I had BBQ ribs
> > with 'tater salad and baked beans for dinner!! Yummmmmm!!!
> > --
> > Big Bob and the Studebaker All-Star BBQ Pit Crew!!!
>

> ===================================
> Steve (Equal Opportunity Eater) Miller, Indianapolis
> SDC, Indy Chapter, Internet Chapter
> ===================================
> 63 Studebaker "BlackHawk" R-1 GT
> ===================================

Steve Miller

Jun 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/28/99

Willys

Jun 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/28/99
You better be careful about fellows who claim to be from Huntsville, TX -
there are either 8 or 10 prison units in the area. We had a murderer escape
from the Estelle Unit about noon Sunday.

Steve Miller <digi...@netdirect.net> wrote in message

Gary McCollum

Jun 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/28/99
Happy 62nd Birthday to Spam!

--
Will Work For Studebaker

Champ 6

Jun 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/28/99
We hadn't had a good brawl here on the NG in, what, a week? I'm gonna
start a new war here on the NG.

The best Barbeque to be found is east of me, near Ray Fichthorn and
even bettter, near Jeff DeWitt.

Real PIG, not some old cow, and none of that sweet ketchup sauce! Ya
need VINEGAR. And PEPPER, and lotsa secret stuff, I don't even know
what is. Nope, Eastern NC style barbeque is the real deal!

Now send those flames... with HICKORY smoke!!!!!!

Ron

Champ 6

Jun 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/28/99
Oh yeah, when ya make your sammich, be sure to put your slaw ON THE
SAMMICH, not over there to the side!

Ron

Bob Lyle

Jun 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/29/99

Nah...no argument today, Ron!! I agree with you about PIG over beef,
most of the time...but I do like them both! And sometimes even I like
the vinegar sauce...especially on the sausage! But I still haven't had
anyone come up with a decent excuse for that Brunswick stew!! YUCK!!

BBQ is sorta like having your favorite Studebaker style...different
strokes for different folks!! HA!! Fooled you...you thought you'd get
an argument out of old BBQ Bob, didn't you?? Nah,nah,nah -nah-nah-nah!!

--
Big Bob and the (We Like It ALL) BBQ Pit Crew !!!
Austin, Texas.....Home of the 1998 SDC International Meet

E-mail: bob....@worldnet.att.net

Ron Dame

Jun 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/29/99
Dang it Bob! I felt like brawl, and I figgered a Texan would grab
hold of this and RUN.

Truth is I like beef sometimes too, and a good thick tomato sauce can
really help a poor cut of meat, or a inexperiencd cook.

BTW you ever marinated your ribs in Pespi? I had some the other day,
and it was pretty dang good. Meat fell right off the bone, and wasn't
dried out.
Ron

Bob Lyle

Jun 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/29/99
Ron Dame wrote:
> Dang it Bob! I felt like brawl, and I figgered a Texan would grab
> hold of this and RUN.
> Truth is I like beef sometimes too, and a good thick tomato sauce can
> really help a poor cut of meat, or a inexperiencd cook.
> BTW you ever marinated your ribs in Pespi? I had some the other day,
> and it was pretty dang good. Meat fell right off the bone, and wasn't
> dried out.

No, I've never tried Pepsi, but had some once that was marinated in Dr.
Pepper! I only use worchestershire & soy sauce most of the time, along
with a little lemon or orange juice. I think it's the carbonation/acids
in the soda pop that does the actual 'marinading'...I can see it
now..."Mountain Dew Marinade" or "Big Red Ribs"...how about "Grape
Hot-Guts" for some sausage? I think I'll stick to my 'secret sauce'.
--
Big Bob and the Studebaker All-Star BBQ Pit Crew !!!

Bob Lyle

Jun 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/29/99
James LarkVIII/Myersville MD wrote:
> Bob,I like the base of your sauce,it enhances the flavor without
> overpowering it.Ever try it on buffalo?

I've never tried ANYTHING on buffalo!! I've eaten armadillo, goat,
rabbit and other assorted critters as a kid, but never buffalo!

Steve Miller

Jun 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/29/99
Neither one of these is a 58 Scotsman!

Bob Lyle wrote:

> SNIP

> BBQ is sorta like having your favorite Studebaker style...different
> strokes for different folks!! HA!! Fooled you...you thought you'd get
> an argument out of old BBQ Bob, didn't you?? Nah,nah,nah -nah-nah-nah!!
>

> --
> Big Bob and the (We Like It ALL) BBQ Pit Crew !!!

> Austin, Texas.....Home of the 1998 SDC International Meet
>
> E-mail: bob....@worldnet.att.net

Steve Miller, Indianapolis

SDC, Indy Chapter, Internet Chapter

63 Studebaker "BlackHawk" R-1 GT

SMDesign -- "a little graphic design company for your big ideas"
http://netdirect.net/~digiplnt/

Jeffrey DeWitt

Jun 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/30/99

> I'm originally from New England and I can't stand Brunswick stew.It's
> what you do with the leftovers from a roast chicken
> dinner....yechhhhh...almost as bad as tomato based clam
> chowder.Now,red crab soup is another story......

As I understand it REAL Brunswick stew has rabbit, squirrel, and just
about any other critter you can kill and put in a pot. Maybe that's why
none of us seem to really like the stuff, not enough critters.

Jeff (really needing to get to bed) DeWitt
61 Lark Cruiser (aka Hazel)

Jeffrey DeWitt

Jun 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/30/99
We had some good OL Eastern NC pork BBQ with fried chicken, hush
puppies, slaw, potato salad and green beans, with sweet ice tea to drink
at work today to celebrate two people retiring and another getting a big
promotion. (oh yes, we also had chocolate cake for desert) YUM!. We
(the employees) paid for the cake but the boss (and the really big
computer company we work for) paid for everything else. Fraid we didn't
get much work done this afternoon, most people really wanted to take a
nap.

Reading these posts about marinade got me to wondering, here in central
NC we have a local soda called Cheerwine, tasty stuff, sort of like Dr.
Pepper but with more zing to it. Wonder what kind of marinade that
would make, have to try it sometime.

Jeff (getting hungry again) DeWitt
61 Lark Cruiser (aka Hazel, the slightly shiftless)

Steve Miller

Jun 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/30/99
No Pepsi, Coke! (Heck, it shouldn't matter -- it's the sugar more than the
flavor. The tenderness probably comes from the phosphic acid. Anything
that'll remove rust should remove the meat from the bone.) Reminds me --
tears ago I was given the "secret" recipe from a friend's family's
restaurant in Columbus, GA, and I've never gotten around to trying it. With
the 4th coming up an' all, this might be the right time to grab a slab of
ribs or three and try it out!

Ron Dame wrote:

> Dang it Bob! I felt like brawl, and I figgered a Texan would grab
> hold of this and RUN.
>
> Truth is I like beef sometimes too, and a good thick tomato sauce can
> really help a poor cut of meat, or a inexperiencd cook.
>
> BTW you ever marinated your ribs in Pespi? I had some the other day,
> and it was pretty dang good. Meat fell right off the bone, and wasn't
> dried out.

> Ron
>
> Bob Lyle <bob....@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
> >Champ 6 wrote:
> >> We hadn't had a good brawl here on the NG in, what, a week? I'm gonna
> >> start a new war here on the NG.
> >> The best Barbeque to be found is east of me, near Ray Fichthorn and
> >> even bettter, near Jeff DeWitt.
> >> Real PIG, not some old cow, and none of that sweet ketchup sauce! Ya
> >> need VINEGAR. And PEPPER, and lotsa secret stuff, I don't even know
> >> what is. Nope, Eastern NC style barbeque is the real deal!
> >> Now send those flames... with HICKORY smoke!!!!!!
> >
> >Nah...no argument today, Ron!! I agree with you about PIG over beef,
> >most of the time...but I do like them both! And sometimes even I like
> >the vinegar sauce...especially on the sausage! But I still haven't had
> >anyone come up with a decent excuse for that Brunswick stew!! YUCK!!

Steve Miller

Jun 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/30/99
Grape Nehi? The perfect brink, next to orange...

Bob Lyle wrote:

> No, I've never tried Pepsi, but had some once that was marinated in Dr.
> Pepper! I only use worchestershire & soy sauce most of the time, along
> with a little lemon or orange juice. I think it's the carbonation/acids
> in the soda pop that does the actual 'marinading'...I can see it
> now..."Mountain Dew Marinade" or "Big Red Ribs"...how about "Grape
> Hot-Guts" for some sausage? I think I'll stick to my 'secret sauce'.

> --
> Big Bob and the Studebaker All-Star BBQ Pit Crew !!!

> Austin, Texas.....Home of the 1998 SDC International Meet
>
> E-mail: bob....@worldnet.att.net

Steve (Second Childhood) Miller, Indianapolis

Oldcarfart

Jun 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/30/99
>Big Bob, I use beer in my 'secret sauce'to marinated My goat
>meat before putting on the grill. Ebon...

not a BBBBBAAAAAADDDDDD idea !! <G>

Bob Lyle

Jun 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/30/99
Steve-shouldn't that label be : "Jerky Seasoning", not JERK Seasoning?
Unless, of course, it's to smear all over those "Ford made those engines
for Studebaker,you know" guys at the car show!!

Steve Miller

Jun 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/30/99
Nope. It's Caribbean in origin, and it will bring tears (of pleasure?) to
your eyes. Lawrey's makes a "Caribbean Jerk Seasoning," but it's nowhere
near as atomic...

Be sure to save any pan drippings to make a sauce for your rice, and enjoy
"a taste ob de ilan's."

P.S. I am dabbling with a barbecue sauce based on recent discussions in
this group. If it comes out anywhere what I think it should be, I'll share
it here for wider testing.

Bob Lyle wrote:

> Steve-shouldn't that label be : "Jerky Seasoning", not JERK Seasoning?
> Unless, of course, it's to smear all over those "Ford made those engines
> for Studebaker,you know" guys at the car show!!
> --
> Big Bob and the Studebaker All-Star BBQ Pit Crew !!!

Steve (Consumer Test Lab) Miller, Indianapolis

JETman

Jun 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/30/99
Ron Dame wrote:

> Dang it Bob! I felt like brawl, and I figgered a Texan would grab
> hold of this and RUN.
>
> Truth is I like beef sometimes too, and a good thick tomato sauce can
> really help a poor cut of meat, or a inexperiencd cook.
>
> BTW you ever marinated your ribs in Pespi? I had some the other day,
> and it was pretty dang good. Meat fell right off the bone, and wasn't
> dried out.
> Ron

Ah pefffers cheeeeeeeeeeeeeekin. . .

--
Regards,

JT, Austin, Texas - Home of the Annual Spamarama Festival
(the kind in a can!)
Saturday, May 1, 1999 at Auditorium Shores on Town Lake!

Replace the “*” with an “s“ when replying!

Bob Lyle

Jun 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/30/99
Steve Miller wrote:

> Nope. It's Caribbean in origin, and it will bring tears (of pleasure?) to
> your eyes. Lawrey's makes a "Caribbean Jerk Seasoning," but it's nowhere
> near as atomic...
Ooooh, I hate to admit it, but for dinner tonight, I had some Eckrich "4
Pepper" sausage that really lit me up!! When I bought it, I thought it
was probably black pepper, white pepper, etc...that kind of stuff!!
WRONG!! I meant to go back and look at the wrapper...it must have meant
Jalapeno, Serrano, Thai peppers, etc! WOW!!! Really good stuff!!

Steve Miller

Jun 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/30/99
Whatsa matta you? Scared of a little cholesterol? Actually, Jerk Seasoning
does very nicely on chicken. The heck with that sauce I was planning. I'm
gonna jerk (see? it's both a noun AND a verb; two, two, two parts of
speech in one!) some chicken and fix some grilled corn on the cob with
cilantro butter! Mmmmm, boy! Can't wait for dinner tomorrow!

JETman wrote:

> Ah pefffers cheeeeeeeeeeeeeekin. . .
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> JT, Austin, Texas - Home of the Annual Spamarama Festival
> (the kind in a can!)
> Saturday, May 1, 1999 at Auditorium Shores on Town Lake!
>
> Replace the “*” with an “s“ when replying!

Steve (No damn Spam for me) Miller, Indianapolis

Dan Snow

Jul 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/1/99
My wife makes a great jerk sauce. No, it is not what some may think.
It is a Carribean marrinate that is very spicy and hot. It is great on
chicken and if you like pork, I've heard it is good on that too. It has
probably eleven spices in it, and not just a little, anywhere from a
table spoon to a quarter cup. It also contains scotch bonnet peppers
and orange and lime juices. It is soooo good.

Steve Miller wrote:

> Neither one of these is a 58 Scotsman!
>

> > --
> > Big Bob and the (We Like It ALL) BBQ Pit Crew !!!

> > Austin, Texas.....Home of the 1998 SDC International Meet
> >
> > E-mail: bob....@worldnet.att.net
>

> --
> Steve Miller, Indianapolis

> SDC, Indy Chapter, Internet Chapter
> 63 Studebaker "BlackHawk" R-1 GT
> SMDesign -- "a little graphic design company for your big ideas"
> http://netdirect.net/~digiplnt/

> [Image]

Steve Miller

Jul 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/1/99
Don't tease us, Dan. We need that recipe!

Doesn't now seem like a good time to start thinking about "Stude'n and Food'n: the Internet Chapter Cookbook?"

Dan Snow wrote:

> My wife makes a great jerk sauce. No, it is not what some may think.
> It is a Carribean marrinate that is very spicy and hot. It is great on
> chicken and if you like pork, I've heard it is good on that too. It has
> probably eleven spices in it, and not just a little, anywhere from a
> table spoon to a quarter cup. It also contains scotch bonnet peppers
> and orange and lime juices. It is soooo good.

Dave Lester

Jul 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/1/99
>...it must have meant
>Jalapeno, Serrano, Thai peppers, etc! WOW!!! Really good stuff!!

Did ya follow it up with some ice cream?

Dave Lester
Home of the Internationally renowned
STUDEBAKER UNDER CONSTRUCTION
http://www.provalue.net/studes
Meet the guys, gals and cars that make up the alt.autos.studebaker
newsgroup!
http://www.provalue.net/studes/newsgroupf.htm
THE GREAT DIVIDE
http://www.thegreatdivide.com

George Mills

Jul 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/1/99
ka...@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> Coke or Pepsi??? That's like saying Ford or Chevy!
> Real Yankees drink Moxie...

Yes sir-ee-bob!! Moxie....as my dad used to say, "That'll put hair on
your teeth".
Got some, canned and plastic bottles, always in my fridge, to cause
consternation to guests. Possibly the only Canadian in the Maritimes who
has. I always buy some every time I'm over to Maine. 'Interesting'
flavour--never thought to marinate meat with it.

Jim Bartley
Malpeque PEI

Robert Schmitt

Jul 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/1/99

I always buy some every time I'm over to Maine. 'Interesting'
>flavour--never thought to marinate meat with it.
>
>Jim Bartley
>Malpeque PEI

MAINE!!! Now, that's God's country!!

Bob Schmitt
Studebaker Challenged!

Dan Snow

Jul 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/1/99
to digi...@netdirect.net
I'll have to it pull out of her top secret recipe file. My BBQ (made
with beef; I don't care for pulled pork) recipe is pretty tasty, too.
We have a big Halloween Party every year where we serve BBQ sammies to
keep the beer at bay, usually have @ 60-80 ghouls.. I mean guests

Steve Miller

Jul 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/1/99
He can have it! <g> Who needs a place with three season: Winter, Not
Winter, and Mud? And giant black flies this size of Airstreams...

Now New Hampshire, that's a whole 'nother story!

Robert Schmitt wrote:

ka...@ix.netcom.com

Jul 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/1/99
Next time you're headed out to California from PEI, put a
few extra cases in your trunk for me.

I found one place that will ship it for me, but it is around
$30 a case including shipping (ouch!)

I like "put hair on your teeth", good one. Definitely an
acquired taste, just like warm Guinness.

Karl in California (with roots in Northern New York and
Massachusetts, and VERY old roots in Quebec.)

**** Posted from RemarQ - http://www.remarq.com - Discussions Start Here (tm) ****

Oldcarfart

Jul 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/2/99
>As I understand it REAL Brunswick stew has rabbit, squirrel, and just
>about any other critter you can kill and put in a pot. Maybe that's why
>none of us seem to really like the stuff, not enough critters.

don't forget 'possum and armoreddildos

Oldcarfart

Jul 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/2/99
>No Pepsi, Coke! (Heck, it shouldn't matter -- it's the sugar more than the
>flavor. The tenderness probably comes from the phosphic acid. Anything
>that'll remove rust should remove the meat from the bone.)

METALREADY !!!!!!!!!
www.reginaanns.com <G> No I really got attached to "Vernors" while in
Michigan, like a ginger spiced soda, makes great Ham marinade.

Jeff Rice

Jul 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/2/99

Uhhh.....I don't think they'd taste too good (I'm not talkin 'possum
either).

I saw a chrome one and a two headed one the other day, and I can't even
think about eatin' one of 'em, let alone skin'n' it......

--
Deep-N-Hock Acres
Home of:

Robert Schmitt

Jul 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/2/99
>>As I understand it REAL Brunswick stew has rabbit, squirrel, and just
>>about any other critter you can kill and put in a pot. Maybe that's why
>>none of us seem to really like the stuff, not enough critters.
>
>don't forget 'possum and armoreddildos

armoreddildos?? Are those the armored ones they gave out in the Army??
Keeps a GI from getting the rusty mange.

Bob Schmitt
Studebaker Challenged!

Bob Lyle

Jul 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/2/99
Jeff Rice wrote:
> Uhhh.....I don't think they'd taste too good (I'm not talkin 'possum
> either).
> I saw a chrome one and a two headed one the other day, and I can't even
> think about eatin' one of 'em, let alone skin'n' it......

Oh, Jeff...you don't "skin" an armadillo;
you "shell" it like an oyster!!! hahaha!!!
And, like almost every other wild critter, it tastes "just like chicken"
!!! hahaha!!!
--
Big Bob (give me a break, I was a kid when I ate it!) Lyle

Jeff Rice

Jul 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/2/99

Bob Lyle wrote:
<snip>

>Oh, Jeff...you don't "skin" an armadillo;
> you "shell" it like an oyster!!! hahaha!!!
>And, like almost every other wild critter, it tastes "just like chicken"
>!!! hahaha!!!

Just like the Energizer Bunny.......
"They just keep goin' and goin'.........

and goin'

and goin'

Jeff ( and goin'...) Rice
Deep-N-Hock Acres

Art Huston

Jul 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/2/99
I'm wondering where you've been lately?!

Jeff Rice wrote:

> Oldcarfart wrote:
> >>As I understand it REAL Brunswick stew has rabbit, squirrel, and just
> >>about any other critter you can kill and put in a pot. Maybe that's why
> >>none of us seem to really like the stuff, not enough critters.
> >
> >don't forget 'possum and armoreddildos
>

> Uhhh.....I don't think they'd taste too good (I'm not talkin 'possum
> either).
>
> I saw a chrome one and a two headed one the other day, and I can't even
> think about eatin' one of 'em, let alone skin'n' it......

Jeff Rice

Jul 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/2/99

Art Huston wrote in message <377D2B46...@eurekanet.com>...

>I'm wondering where you've been lately?!

I only partake in the finest of entertainment establishments!

Jeff ( If you've seen one, you've seen both...) Rice
Deep-N-Hock Acres

Steve Miller

Jul 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/2/99
Sorry, but I just read the message before about Johnson's & armoredillos,
and, well, you know the power of suggestion works...

The Energizer Bunny was found dead. Someone had stuck the batteries in
backwards, and he just kept coming, and coming, and coming...

Jeff Rice wrote:

Gary McCollum

Jul 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/3/99
Stub's Wicked Wing Sauce is gooooooooood stuff!
Found Stub's BBQ and Blues House in Austin. Low and Behold, his stuff is
available up here in Seattle. Also found Stub's Moppin Sauce works great
for ribs and brisquet.

--
Will Work For Studebaker

Steve Miller wrote in message <377AFE36...@netdirect.net>...

>Whatsa matta you? Scared of a little cholesterol? Actually, Jerk Seasoning
>does very nicely on chicken. The heck with that sauce I was planning. I'm
>gonna jerk (see? it's both a noun AND a verb; two, two, two parts of
>speech in one!) some chicken and fix some grilled corn on the cob with
>cilantro butter! Mmmmm, boy! Can't wait for dinner tomorrow!
>
>JETman wrote:
>
>> Ah pefffers cheeeeeeeeeeeeeekin. . .
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> JT, Austin, Texas - Home of the Annual Spamarama Festival
>> (the kind in a can!)
>> Saturday, May 1, 1999 at Auditorium Shores on Town Lake!
>>
>> Replace the “*” with an “s“ when replying!
>
>--

>Steve (No damn Spam for me) Miller, Indianapolis

George Mills

Jul 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/3/99
Gary McCollum wrote:
> Stub's Wicked Wing Sauce is gooooooooood stuff!

> Steve Miller wrote in message <377AFE36...@netdirect.net>...

> >Whatsa matta you? Scared of a little cholesterol? Actually, Jerk Seasoning
> >does very nicely on chicken. The heck with that sauce I was planning. I'm
> >gonna jerk (see? it's both a noun AND a verb; two, two, two parts of
> >speech in one!) some chicken and fix some grilled corn on the cob with
> >cilantro butter! Mmmmm, boy! Can't wait for dinner tomorrow!

Heck, just cooked me up a chunk of fresh Atlantic salmon, stuffed with
fresh dill, cracked black peppercorns and butter, (and lime/mango
dipping sauce) served up with sauteed café mushrooms and tender new
boiled PEI potatos with chives from the garden, and fresh (best in ten
years) strawberries for afters. I'll save some of those tempting 'jerk'
ideas for a cooler day.

Jim Bartley
Malpeque (it gets hot here too) PEI

Steve Miller

Jul 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/3/99
Noticed they've just redesigned that labels. I liked the old ones printed on
rough brown paper. Didn't read the label, but I fear the name has been
acquired by giant conglomerate... If so, too bad. The Moppin' Sauce was great
on country style ribs.

Hey, this isn't fair. I just had dinner, and I'm ready to eat again!

Did do the jerk chicken tonight -- we'll do the grilled corn tomorrow near
beautiful downtown Hanover, IN. Yes, I'll be barefoot. <g>

Gary McCollum wrote:

> Stub's Wicked Wing Sauce is gooooooooood stuff!

> Found Stub's BBQ and Blues House in Austin. Low and Behold, his stuff is
> available up here in Seattle. Also found Stub's Moppin Sauce works great
> for ribs and brisquet.
>
> --
> Will Work For Studebaker
>

> Steve Miller wrote in message <377AFE36...@netdirect.net>...
> >Whatsa matta you? Scared of a little cholesterol? Actually, Jerk Seasoning
> >does very nicely on chicken. The heck with that sauce I was planning. I'm
> >gonna jerk (see? it's both a noun AND a verb; two, two, two parts of
> >speech in one!) some chicken and fix some grilled corn on the cob with
> >cilantro butter! Mmmmm, boy! Can't wait for dinner tomorrow!

Steve Miller, Indianapolis

SDC, Indy Chapter, Internet Chapter
63 Studebaker "BlackHawk" R-1 GT

BlackHawk Design
http://netdirect.net/~digiplnt/

Steve Miller

Jul 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/3/99
Lord! Please don't do this too me! How many times can a guy eat dinner in one
day?

George Mills wrote:

> Gary McCollum wrote:
> > Stub's Wicked Wing Sauce is gooooooooood stuff!
>

> > Steve Miller wrote in message <377AFE36...@netdirect.net>...
> > >Whatsa matta you? Scared of a little cholesterol? Actually, Jerk Seasoning
> > >does very nicely on chicken. The heck with that sauce I was planning. I'm
> > >gonna jerk (see? it's both a noun AND a verb; two, two, two parts of
> > >speech in one!) some chicken and fix some grilled corn on the cob with
> > >cilantro butter! Mmmmm, boy! Can't wait for dinner tomorrow!
>

> Heck, just cooked me up a chunk of fresh Atlantic salmon, stuffed with
> fresh dill, cracked black peppercorns and butter, (and lime/mango
> dipping sauce) served up with sauteed café mushrooms and tender new
> boiled PEI potatos with chives from the garden, and fresh (best in ten
> years) strawberries for afters. I'll save some of those tempting 'jerk'
> ideas for a cooler day.
>
> Jim Bartley
> Malpeque (it gets hot here too) PEI

Steve (I'll take everything on the menu, please.) Miller, Indianapolis

Bob Lyle

Jul 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/4/99
Gary McCollum wrote:

> Stub's Wicked Wing Sauce is gooooooooood stuff!
> Found Stub's BBQ and Blues House in Austin. Low and Behold, his stuff is
> available up here in Seattle. Also found Stub's Moppin Sauce works great
> for ribs and brisquet.
Yep, the ribs are good, but they need to find someone to make that
'tater salad using a different recipe!! YUK!
They even have a complete line of 'home style' canned veggies...only
butter beans in a can I've found that were worth eating!!

Robert Kabchef

Jul 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/5/99
Geez! I was raised on Vernors. I love it!

StudeBob Kabchef

Studefarmer Extrodinare
and his Five Parrot pit pals
Located: central California
,south of Fresno

60 Lark Conv.
57 Transtar PU
In work:
51 Champion Biz cpe.
66 Wagonaire
63 Daytona
57 Silver Hawk
49 2R17

Bob Lyle

Jul 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/5/99
ka...@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> I didn't hear any of youse Texans mention the mysterious
> "Big Red"! (a pinkish-red bubble-gum tasting sody-pop)

Sody-pop??? I thought that was transmission fluid!!

Gary McCollum

Jul 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/9/99
I'd like to thank Austin Texas for Stubb's Wicked Wing Sauce and his Moppin
Sauce. And I found it up here at QFC.

--
Will Work For Studebaker