Parting out 1963 R1 Avanti

nrgre...@my-deja.com

Apr 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/15/00
Due to a serious accident involving my fathers 1963 R1 Avanti this last
week it looks as though we will be parting it out. It was hit hard on
the right door/quarter panel. It was severe enough that the seats,
especially the rear, where damaged. This is a low (>67,000) miles car,
with a/c, p/s, and the rest of the vehicle is complete and for the most
part in very good shape. It will likely be a week or two until the
insurance is settled, but I believe damage is severe enough that the
car will be parted out. Email me at nrgrebe...@hotmail.com (remove
the NOSPAM :) if you would be interested in any parts. The car is
located in central ND.

Thanks

Grant Goldade

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Craig Parslow

Apr 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/15/00

<nrgre...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

Sorry to hear about your dad's Avanti, Grant. Is it the gold one I remember
seeing many years ago? Something tells me it is not beyond fixing. With
the fibreglass body parts being available for the most
part, and keeping in mind the frame rail is quite aways inboard of the sill,
it may have been untouched when
the car was hit. Therefore, I don't see there being any frame damage to it,
so a rebuild should still be possible.

Craig.

Stude1966

Apr 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/16/00
If the car is totaled the insurance company will most likely will take it. You
would have to buy it from them or take a lessor settlement.
Too many Studes Bill
1941 Champion
1954 Commander
1956 Transtar
1958 Packard Hawk
1971 Avanti II RQB1703
1979 Avanti II RQB2851
1981 Imperial
1985 Dodge 600 Conv.
1994 Intrepid
1996 Sable

Oldcarfart

Apr 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/16/00
>Due to a serious accident involving my fathers 1963 R1 Avanti this last
>week it looks as though we will be parting it out. It was hit hard on
>the right door/quarter panel. It was severe enough that the seats,
>especially the rear, where damaged.

Hopefully all occupants faired well????

Stude Drooler

Apr 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/16/00
SAD SAD SAD ... hope all occupants are well.......:>(

Purhaps if you got it from the insurance company cheap enough you could
rebuild it
or sell it cheap to an enthusiast who would rebuild it as original.

"Craig Parslow" <pars...@cadvision.com> wrote in message

> <nrgre...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

> > Due to a serious accident involving my fathers 1963 R1 Avanti this last
> > week it looks as though we will be parting it out. It was hit hard on
> > the right door/quarter panel. It was severe enough that the seats,

geoff

Apr 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/25/00
I've contacted the owner prior to this thread via e-mail my uncle Doug
sent to me. However, if the car comes down to being parted, I could use
most anything fiberglass forward of the firewall as well as front and
rear windows to fix my R-3 prototype (VIN 63R1025 engine stamp RS1021).
I thank you much for any assistance you folks can give me.

r.kapteyn

Apr 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/25/00

I have a large amount of fiberglass fenders ,skins.noses.roofs ,small
interior braces ,hinge pockets ,headlite buckets etc. No glass.No hoods.
It is all stored away and hard to get at.
All.N.O.S. Someone interested?
R.Kapteyn at rkap...@mcs.com

John Poulos

Apr 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/25/00
I still have a complete body less doors, hood and trunk, but with front
and rear glass on a rusty rolling frame. I want $1500 for the works and
will have to cut it up for resale soon since I have a nice offer for
just the front clip, but I hate to do it.

--
John Poulos
Annapolis Md

John Poulos

Apr 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/25/00
I'll take R 5089 if you can get to it. <g>

Oldcarfart

Apr 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/25/00
>I still have a complete body less doors, hood and trunk, but with front
>and rear glass on a rusty rolling frame. I want $1500 for the works and
>will have to cut it up for resale soon since I have a nice offer for
>just the front clip, but I hate to do it.

Your not tired of looking at that lawn ornament yet?? <G>

John Poulos

Apr 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/25/00
It was for sale for about an hour last year, but Robert had second
thoughts as I was on the way to getting a second mortgage <G>

Lee wrote:

> HEY!!! I know that number!! I want it too.

> Lee DeLaBarre
> Daytona62
> 1962 Lark Daytona Convertible
> 1962 Larl Regal Convertible
> 1962 Lark Regal Convertible
> 1962 Lark 4-Door Sedan (Maybe Wife's Car....Maybe Parts Car)
> 1962 Lark 2-Door Sedan (Definite Parts Car)
> 1963 Lark 4-Door Sedan (MOST Definite Parts Car)

Lee

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00

dandlres...@gmail.com

May 13, 2014, 6:08:48 PM5/13/14
I am looking for some pieces for /from your avanti. I need a front ash tray. The kick panels on both sides of the fron console and the divider panel behind the rear seat. Let me know if theyre available.

Louie
425-259-8151