please help me put my car together

Nate Nagel

Sep 3, 2006, 6:16:22 PM9/3/06
need to know any info or pics you could offer about the correct routing
of P/S hoses, speedo cable, e-brake cable, all that stuff around the
steering box in my '55 coupe. Also if anyone has any NOS power steering
hoses (yeah right!) I am at my wit's end trying to make what I have work.

Alternately, look for a burned-out shell of a '55 coupe on eBay soon.
On eBay because I will need to get rid of it, and burned-out shell
because it will feel so damned good to see it go up in flames.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

mbstude

Sep 3, 2006, 7:21:24 PM9/3/06
I'l be by next week to come pick up your car. You have to pay me to
haul it away though. :)
Matthew

Lee

Sep 3, 2006, 8:08:09 PM9/3/06
You mean you actually sold a BEAUTIFUL '62 HT to put up with this
shit?

On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 18:16:22 -0400, Nate Nagel <njn...@flycast.net>
wrote:

Lee DeLaBarre
Daytona62

mbstude

Sep 3, 2006, 8:23:35 PM9/3/06
That 62 was a nice car. Makes me REALLY envious!
Matthew
P.S. Nate is a Porche guy, what do you expect?

Sorry Nate, I had to. ;)

Nate Nagel

Sep 3, 2006, 8:29:02 PM9/3/06
Hey, it still looks better sitting still in the driveway.

Unfortunately, that's all it does right now :(

nate

Nate Nagel

Sep 3, 2006, 8:29:59 PM9/3/06
No offense taken... whaddaya expect from me? I like Porsches, and I
like C-Ks and Avantis. It's just the way it is. Leaves more Larks for
people like Lee :)

nate

Grumpy AuContraire

Sep 3, 2006, 9:02:04 PM9/3/06
My '55 Prez coupe is parked way out in the country. Possibly within the
next week, I might pay a visit and take a few pics as it has all that stuff...

JT

Lee Aanderud

Sep 3, 2006, 9:06:08 PM9/3/06
I didn't think it was possible for a person to like C-K's AND Avanti's.

Maybe if they redesigned the nose, put in seats for people over 5'4", and
redesigned the nose. Good place for a handful of bumper stickers though.

Lee

"Nate Nagel" <njn...@flycast.net> wrote in message

John Poulos

Sep 3, 2006, 9:19:03 PM9/3/06
All part of my evil plan. when he gets tired of fighting this one, I
have a nice rag top waiting in the wings. <g>

--
JP/Maryland
Studebaker On the Net http://stude.com

John Poulos

Sep 3, 2006, 9:20:18 PM9/3/06
I'm going to hide the matches from N8 and give the hoses a try in the AM.

Nate Nagel

Sep 3, 2006, 9:09:46 PM9/3/06
I fit fine in an Avanti, but the seats don't agree with my back.

True story, JP called me up one day and said "I'm up in Carlisle and I
just bought an Avanti. Wanna drive it home for me tomorrow?" or words
to that effect. I figured since JP was nice enough to let me make a
mess of his garage every weekend or so, I could handle driving a car
home for him, and hey, it was an Avanti, albeit an inexpensive one.
IT's about a 2 hour drive back to JP's place and the first thing I said
after I got out of the car (well, after, "do NOT drive this car, the
water pump is about 15 miles from complete and total destruction") was
"I don't know what the heck everyone's talking about, my back feels
fine, and that was a straight through drive."

Turns out the car had some Mustang buckets in it; I just didn't know
enough to tell that they weren't correct.

Got to drive a '71 back from WV as well; I made it about to Fairfax
before we had to stop for gas. I drove JP's car back the rest of the
way; as delightful as driving a supercharged, 350/4-speed car was, (I
didn't even have to think about this one) the seats were killing me.

But anyway, I think Avantis look good, esp. the Studebaker ones,
although I do think that the square headlights just do not work with the
styling of the car.

nate

Lee Aanderud

Sep 3, 2006, 9:45:44 PM9/3/06
I've sat in a couple, I think they were Brian Scott's when they were at
Ray's. First thing I noticed was the seat back came up to about the middle
of my shoulder blades. I figured it'd be like driving a car while sitting
on a folding chair.

Lee

"Nate Nagel" <njn...@flycast.net> wrote in message

Nate Nagel

Sep 3, 2006, 9:20:13 PM9/3/06
Come up with a package deal with a ragtop and a functional pickup and I
won't even have to think about it. (could use a truck; always wanted a
ragtop.)

I *thought* that this would be an easier project than that green '64
ragtop; I was wrong.

nate

(well either that, or Jim Turner is never going to speak to me again.)

Nate Nagel

Sep 3, 2006, 9:31:51 PM9/3/06
BTW I did manage to fix one thing today; I had the rear brakes adjusted
too tight, took me all of 10 minutes to fix that.

Dang, those brakes GRAB. Takes less pedal pressure to stop the '55 with
manual drums than my new Impala with power discs; I suspect some of that
is due to rust on the drums however :( Now that the front linings are
worn in, I take back my previous comments about the new linings, they
aren't that much worse than the originals.

nate

Nate Nagel

Sep 3, 2006, 9:45:24 PM9/3/06
Oh yeah, no argument that they suck. You'd *think* that you'd break
your back if you were ever rear ended, but the truth is that you'll just
bonk your head on the rear seat because the fronts will likely
disintegrate before your back will.

jerrystudebaker

Sep 4, 2006, 10:47:25 AM9/4/06
I had rather have a C-K in my garage, in piecies, than a Lark type that
could be driven. <G>
JF
"Lee" <dayt...@comcast.net> wrote in message