Well traveled Hawk

1 view

Studebaker George

Mar 3, 2006, 9:11:45 PM3/3/06
This one started out in Georgia a couple years ago and now is in CA. by
way of Vancouver.. I think it spent some time in PA, too! Check out
the great hood latch... One has to think real hard about a Hawk that
has done that much traveling in two years..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Studebaker-Studebaker-Silver-Hawk-1959-Studebaker-Silver-Hawk-with-rare-look_W0QQitemZ4618453160QQcategoryZ6466QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Studebaker George

Young Captain

Mar 3, 2006, 9:38:13 PM3/3/06
Don't think I've seen that one before.
Matthew (gonna work on the Daytona tomorrow!) Burnette

Gordon Richmond

Mar 3, 2006, 10:08:01 PM3/3/06
Well, it seems that at least it is ABLE to travel.

I'd be really doubtful it left the factory that way. I know some finless Silver hawks were
sold in Europe, assembled by d'Iteren perhaps in Belgium?

In any case, I doubt such a car would have both fender-top signals lamps AND lamps in the
grilles. Looks like '53 taillights, too.

I'd be inclined to think it was a custom. Could be a darn nice driver, though.

Anybody know the name of the folks in Vancouver who owned it?

Gord Richmond

mid...@earthlink.net

Mar 3, 2006, 11:39:56 PM3/3/06
I'm available if someone wants me to look at it for them.
Specific questions, if you please.
Have the vendor call me to make arrangements. (I'm in the phone book:
SD and East County)

Karl Haas

Alex Magdaleno

Mar 4, 2006, 12:28:05 AM3/4/06
I see no bolt heads on top of the rear fenders? I doubt the export models
would have been welded together.

"Studebaker George" <gstud...@juno.com> wrote in message

D.J.

Mar 4, 2006, 3:59:43 AM3/4/06
Look on the 4th and 5th pictures, it looks like bolt heads on the back
and sides of the rear bumper.

"Alex Magdaleno" <En...@adelphia.net> wrote in message

Studebaker George

Mar 4, 2006, 6:57:35 AM3/4/06
I looked into this car a couple years ago before buying my 59 Hawk.
This car started life as a six and has been de finned with bondo over
the top of the quarters. It really doesn't look like a bad car in the
pics, but the number of times it has changed hands and moved around the
country in the last two years makes me wonder...I never saw it in
person; just talked to one of the previous owners.
Studebaker George