list of female competitors

brusher

Aug 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/23/00
I was putting together a list of all the female competitors I have seen
compete over the years for a project. The following is that list. Is there
anyone I forgot? My old brain could have forgotten someone. Have there ever
been any Pro Stock female drivers?

Shirley Muldowney
Lucille Lee
Lori Johns
Shelly Anderson
Bunny Burkett
Dannielle Deporter
Rachelle Splatt
Kim LaHaie
Vickie Fanning
Cristen Powell
Melanie Troxell
Rhonda Hartman-Smith
Angelle Seeling
Lori Francis
Connie Korn

Kathie
a drag racing fan since 1979
--
Drink more coffee, do stupid things faster and with more energy

Bill Pratt

Aug 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/23/00
Hi Kathie. If you have a few hours, you can go through the Drag
Racing Lists. We have dozens of female drivers listed. Several Pro
Stock competitors come to mind. Probably the two most prominent
were Texans Shay Nichols, who raced a series of Mopars in the '70s
(as did her husband, Phil), and Lucinda McFarlin, who raced Chevys
in the '80s (and perhaps into the early '90s). In addition, there
was a Miss Universe Pro Stock circuit back east here that
featured, among others, Bunny Burkett, Roberta Schultz, and Carol
Henson. This was primarily a match race circuit, but Pro Stock is
Pro Stock! bp
--
Bill Pratt
www.draglist.com

"brusher" <bo...@springlake.com> wrote in message

Stan Weiss

Aug 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/23/00
Hi Bill,
Did Judy Lilly (spelling?) ever run a Pro Stocker?
Stan

TooOld1

Aug 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/23/00
Barb Hamilton. Very successful running a blown gasser in the '50s and '60s.

Bill Pratt

Aug 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/23/00
Hi Stan. Not to my knowledge. I think Judy raced Super Stocks
pretty exclusively, same with Shirley Shahan and Judy Boertman
(tons of great lady racers in the Sportsman ranks). bp

Bill Pratt wrote:

> Hi Kathie. If you have a few hours, you can go through the Drag
> Racing Lists. We have dozens of female drivers listed. Several
Pro
> Stock competitors come to mind. Probably the two most prominent
> were Texans Shay Nichols, who raced a series of Mopars in the
'70s
> (as did her husband, Phil), and Lucinda McFarlin, who raced
Chevys
> in the '80s (and perhaps into the early '90s). In addition,
there
> was a Miss Universe Pro Stock circuit back east here that
> featured, among others, Bunny Burkett, Roberta Schultz, and
Carol
> Henson. This was primarily a match race circuit, but Pro Stock
is
> Pro Stock! bp
> --
> Bill Pratt
> www.draglist.com
> www.racetel.com

Bill Pratt

Aug 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/23/00
RIGHT! Oh my gosh, we can't forget Barb! bp

"TooOld1" <too...@ameritech.net> wrote in message

Barb Hamilton. Very successful running a blown gasser in the '50s
and '60s.

Mark Hovsepian

Aug 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/23/00
Just slightly ahead of your cutoff date, but you should mention
Paula Murphy.

I'm looking for some info on female drivers myself.
Does anyone know of any female T/F Harley riders past or present ?
Does anyone know if there have ever been *any* female bike pilots
where nitro was in the tank ?

Thanks, Mark.

East Coast Racer

Aug 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/23/00
How about that Bitch Jeannie Booz...
Candy Lebor
Karen M new driver don't know her last name. Old Jones boys car
Charissa Griffis

They are just a few TAD pilots that came to mind

James Morgan

Aug 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/23/00
Rodlynn Knox ran BB/FC and a Nitro FC for awhile before moving on to
tractor pulls and a NTPA championship.

--
James Morgan
jdm...@gsinet.net

Bill Pratt

Aug 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/23/00
Good one, James. bp

"James Morgan" <JDM...@AOL.COM> wrote in message

Quadrajet1

Aug 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/24/00
I only mention her because I saw her picture in Andy Granetelli's book.
What ever became of the STP funny car driver Paula Murphy?

Raymond

alan edmonds

Aug 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/24/00
Here is one for your list,STEPHANE REEVES pro stock bike. Hope this
helps.

MikeLens

Aug 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/24/00
What ever happened to Carol Henson? The last I heard from her was when she
handled the email for Bunny after her crash at Beaver Springs. On the subject
of female competitors- Della Woods.

Jon Iversen

Aug 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/25/00
Kathie!
We don't know what You have seen ! *G*
I don't know if You are only talking of American drivers,- if not..
I have 5 European Top Fuel drivers for You.
Eva Kjellin - SE ( Sweden )
Viveca Averstadt - SE
Monica Oberg - SE
Oyver Jacobsen - NO ( Norway )
Liv Berstad - NO.
Thanks Jon.

"brusher" <bo...@springlake.com> wrote in message

> I was putting together a list of all the female competitors I have seen
> compete over the years for a project. The following is that list. Is there
> anyone I forgot? My old brain could have forgotten someone. Have there
ever
> been any Pro Stock female drivers?
>
> Shirley Muldowney
> Lucille Lee
> Lori Johns
> Shelly Anderson
> Bunny Burkett
> Dannielle Deporter
> Rachelle Splatt
> Kim LaHaie
> Vickie Fanning
> Cristen Powell
> Melanie Troxell
> Rhonda Hartman-Smith
> Angelle Seeling
> Lori Francis
> Connie Korn
>
> Kathie
> a drag racing fan since 1979

Jon Iversen

Aug 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/25/00
Sorry! forgot Anita Makela Finland. Also TF.
Jon.
"Jon Iversen" <BLACKMAG...@mail.tele.dk> wrote in message

Anastasios Tsitlakidis

Aug 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/25/00
Jon Iversen wrote:

> Kathie!
> We don't know what You have seen ! *G*
> I don't know if You are only talking of American drivers,- if not..
> I have 5 European Top Fuel drivers for You.
> Eva Kjellin - SE ( Sweden )
> Viveca Averstadt - SE
> Monica Oberg - SE
> Oyver Jacobsen - NO ( Norway )
> Liv Berstad - NO.
> Thanks Jon

May I add one too? Sandra Faeth from Germany is driving Super-Comp
very successfully.

--
Anastasios Tsitlakidis

brusher

Aug 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/25/00
Thanks for the additional information. The list of female top competitors is
a nice one. Some one told me I could count on one hand the number of female
drivers. I guess I got the last laugh on him.

Kathie
a drag racing fan since 1979

"Jon Iversen" <BLACKMAG...@mail.tele.dk> wrote in message

> Kathie!
> We don't know what You have seen ! *G*
> I don't know if You are only talking of American drivers,- if not..
> I have 5 European Top Fuel drivers for You.
> Eva Kjellin - SE ( Sweden )
> Viveca Averstadt - SE
> Monica Oberg - SE
> Oyver Jacobsen - NO ( Norway )
> Liv Berstad - NO.

Wrenchski

Aug 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/25/00
Carolyn Melendy, Pro Stock.
Wrenchski
Large editor/Editor at large
Nitronic Research-Drag Racing's definitive website
<A HREF="http://www.nitronic.com">WWW.NITRONIC.COM</a>
"I'm gonna have fun if it kills us all"
(remove spleen to e-mail)

k.king43

Aug 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/25/00

Jon Iversen wrote:

> Sorry! forgot Anita Makela Finland. Also TF.
> Jon.

> "Jon Iversen" <BLACKMAG...@mail.tele.dk> wrote in message

who also won the European Pro Comp championship before switching to T/F

in the U.K. there was also

Roz Prior
Liz Burns both T/F
Lesley Prior F/C (and T/F I think)
plus various successful lower class drivers as
Sue Coles Comp/Altered
Jean Tiddswell Comp/Altered
Sylvia Hauser S/S and other classes

Talladega Greg

Aug 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/25/00
Kathie,
send me a copy of your work, when you're done!
What a list!

Talladega Greg