pcv location on '98 Grand Prix ?

1 view

Brian Richardson

Apr 7, 2002, 1:59:02 PM4/7/02
I'm trying to change the pcv valve on the 3800 Series II in our '98 Grand
Prix,
and I can't find it. Based on a posting someone put on this list back in
Dec '01,
I'm looking on the firewall side of the engine, near the alternator....but
darnded if
I can find it at all.

Can someone give me more specific details on where it is ?

Thanks in advance.

Brian

Frédéric Lavoie

Apr 7, 2002, 10:35:17 PM4/7/02

I might have an answer for you, assuming you have the VIN K
engine(non-supercharged)

Open the hood. (!!)
Standing in front of the car, locate the alternator and put your left hand
right on top of it.
Keeping your hand on the alternator, position your elbow over the ignition
coils.
Without moving your left arm, look under your wrist.You'll find the MAP
sensor(with three wires)
Bingo!! The PCV valve is under a cover, which is under the MAP sensor.

So, remove the MAP sensor, remove the PCV valve cover, and remove the PCV
valve (and pay attention
to the O-ring under the PCV valve, you'll need it to install the new PCV)

On Supercharged 3800, the PCV is also under a cover, bolted into the intake
manifold.

Good luck

Fred
97 Sunfire

Brian Richardson

Apr 8, 2002, 7:54:09 AM4/8/02
Fred,

Thanks for the info, I'll take a look tonight after work. Yes, it's the VIN
'K' non-sc engine.......

Brian

"Frédéric Lavoie" <frede...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message