1999.5 PF Accelerator Paddle "Sticky"

MiamiCuse

Sep 16, 2010, 8:02:38 PM9/16/10
I just passed 150,000 miles on my 1999.5 PF so last weekend I took it to my
mechanic to have it serviced.

Ever since that my accelerator paddle has been intermittently "sticky".

Let me explain. If I stop at a light, and step on the brake paddle to bring
the vehicle to a complete stop. When the light turns green and I step on
the gas paddle, sometimes (not all the time) it will be "stuck" and will not
depress. I will have to tap on it a few times and then it will yield.

Any idea what caused this? Does a 150,000 mile service involve any
servicing of the accelerator paddle? Something they did or this is just a
coincidence?

Since it is intermittent it may be difficult for them to diagnose and
reproduce this. It seems to only happen when the vehicle stopped. I do not
remember it ever happening when I am on the highway moving at 60.

MC

willshak

Sep 17, 2010, 9:24:48 AM9/17/10
MiamiCuse wrote the following:

What services did the mechanic perform?
You might check under the hood to see if the throttle cable my have been
repositioned for some service and then not replaced in the correct position.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

MiamiCuse

Sep 17, 2010, 10:46:46 AM9/17/10

"willshak" <will...@00hvc.rr.com> wrote in message

Just the routine 150,000 mile service, was not a specific repair or
anything. Thanks.