Re: "I'm gonna be on national TV!!"

Will Dockery

Dec 2, 2010, 5:18:25 PM12/2/10
Peter J Ross said:

> I assumed that *all* Americans had at least a small TV

No, your reading comprehension is off today, PJR, obviously, since
this is the second mistake I'd noted you making, so far.

I wrote I haven't *watched* television since May, I didn't write I
didn't have a television set. Here in America we have an on-off
switch, and I keep mine on "off" lately.

HTH & HAND.

By the way, although I haven't watched television, I have appeared on
television, lately with this advert for Nissan Autos:

"The End Is Near!" / Larry Rich Nissan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8qQ-oUsK44

"This was a TV commercial we did for Larry Rich Nissan in LaGrange
Georgia. The exposure from this commercial and others to follow
allowed Larry Rich to enjoy a 350% increase in the month of March!
Videography by Allen Matthews Produced and Directed by Wesley Ker-Fox
Talent was Will Dockery and John Drew..." -Basset & Becker
Advertising, 2010

--
Dream Tears / Will Dockery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX035Ybafx4

Will Dockery

Dec 4, 2010, 5:24:54 AM12/4/10
"Ala" <alackr...@comcast.net> wrote:
> "Peter J Ross" <p...@example.invalid> wrote:
> > Will Dockery wrote:
>
> >> Wow, I haven't watched any television since last May,
>
> > Wow, the handing-out-flyers-advertising-pizzas business must be even
> > less profitable than I thought.

> > I assumed that *all* Americans had at least a small TV
>
> or a fish

Peter J Ross

Dec 4, 2010, 1:27:12 PM12/4/10
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Thu, 2 Dec 2010 14:18:25 -0800 (PST),
Will Dockery <will.d...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Peter J Ross said:
>>
>> I assumed that *all* Americans had at least a small TV
>
> No, your reading comprehension is off today, PJR, obviously, since
> this is the second mistake I'd noted you making, so far.

On the contrary, my long-standing views are vindicated. I was right in
thinking that even a near-beggar like you had a TV set.

> I wrote I haven't *watched* television since May, I didn't write I
> didn't have a television set. Here in America we have an on-off
> switch, and I keep mine on "off" lately.

Yeah, as if you could avoid watching "America's Got Talent", drooling
beer foam from your slack lips, while wishing you were allowed to
participate instead of having been refused for being "too smelly".

The only thing stopping you watching TV all the time is your
self-destructive Usenet addiction.

--
PJR :-)

Ala

Dec 4, 2010, 5:08:15 PM12/4/10

"Will Dockery" <will.d...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Ala

Dec 4, 2010, 5:09:11 PM12/4/10

"Will Dockery" <will.d...@gmail.com> wrote in message
"Ala" <alackr...@comcast.net> wrote:
> "Peter J Ross" <p...@example.invalid> wrote:
> > Will Dockery wrote:
>
> >> Wow, I haven't watched any television since last May,
>
> > Wow, the handing-out-flyers-advertising-pizzas business must be even
> > less profitable than I thought.
>
> > I assumed that *all* Americans had at least a small TV
>
> or a fish

?PJR misunderstood what I wrote, as I explained in the next post:

> I wrote I haven't *watched* television since May, I didn't write I
> didn't have a television set. Here in America we have an on-off
> switch, and I keep mine on "off" lately.
>
> HTH & HAND.
>
> By the way, although I haven't watched television, I have appeared on
> television, lately with this advert for Nissan Autos:
>
> "The End Is Near!" / Larry Rich Nissan:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8qQ-oUsK44
>
> "This was a TV commercial we did for Larry Rich Nissan in LaGrange
> Georgia. The exposure from this commercial and others to follow
> allowed Larry Rich to enjoy a 350% increase in the month of March!
> Videography by Allen Matthews Produced and Directed by Wesley Ker-Fox
> Talent was Will Dockery and John Drew..." -Basset & Becker
> Advertising, 2010

Not only did I not send a question, it was answered.

I apologize for any inconvenience this situation has caused me.

I CAN"T STAND LOOKING AT GREY PEOPLE

Will Dockery

Dec 4, 2010, 5:57:12 PM12/4/10
Peter J Ross said:

> Will Dockery wrote:
> > Peter J Ross said:
>
> >> I assumed that *all* Americans had at least a small TV
>
> > No, your reading comprehension is off today, PJR, obviously, since
> > this is the second mistake I'd noted you making, so far.
>
> On the contrary

<more misrepresentations snipped>

No, PJR, you were mistaken, misreading what I wrote. I wrote I haven't

*watched* television since May, I didn't write I didn't have a
television set. Here in America we have an on-off switch, and I keep
mine on "off" lately.

> By the way, although I haven't watched television, I have appeared on

> television, lately with this advert for Nissan Autos:
>
> "The End Is Near!" / Larry Rich Nissan:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8qQ-oUsK44
>
> "This was a TV commercial we did for Larry Rich Nissan in LaGrange
> Georgia. The exposure from this commercial and others to follow
> allowed Larry Rich to enjoy a 350% increase in the month of March!
> Videography by Allen Matthews Produced and Directed by Wesley Ker-Fox
> Talent was Will Dockery and John Drew..."  -Basset & Becker
> Advertising, 2010
>

> > I wrote I haven't *watched* television since May, I didn't write I
> > didn't have a television set. Here in America we have an on-off
> > switch, and I keep mine on "off" lately.
>

> Yeah

Glad to clear that up for you, PJR.

--
God's Toybox / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EabjmMP9mQk

c&c

Dec 8, 2010, 7:38:26 AM12/8/10
On Dec 4, 5:09 pm, "Ala" <alackr...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Not only did I not send a question, it was answered.

If you're getting answers to questions you don't ask, you may need
more help than anybody here can offer you.

> I apologize for any inconvenience this situation has caused me.

That sounds a bit like saying go fuck yourself.

> I CAN"T STAND LOOKING AT GREY PEOPLE

Okay, then don't.

Will Dockery

Dec 9, 2010, 10:32:02 AM12/9/10
"Ala" <alackr...@comcast.net> wrote:

> "Will Dockery" <will.dock...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> "Ala" <alackr...@comcast.net> wrote:

> > > I assumed that *all* Americans had at least a small TV
>
> >       or a fish
>
> ?PJR misunderstood what I wrote, as I explained in the next post:
>
> > I wrote I haven't *watched* television since May, I didn't write I
> > didn't have a television set. Here in America we have an on-off
> > switch, and I keep mine on "off" lately.
>
> > HTH & HAND.
>
> > By the way, although I haven't watched television, I have appeared on
> > television, lately with this advert for Nissan Autos:
>
> > "The End Is Near!" / Larry Rich Nissan:
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8qQ-oUsK44
>
> > "This was a TV commercial we did for Larry Rich Nissan in LaGrange
> > Georgia. The exposure from this commercial and others to follow
> > allowed Larry Rich to enjoy a 350% increase in the month of March!
> > Videography by Allen Matthews Produced and Directed by Wesley Ker-Fox
> > Talent was Will Dockery and John Drew..." -Basset & Becker
> > Advertising, 2010
>
> Not only did I not send a question, it was answered.
>
> I apologize for any inconvenience this situation has caused me.
>
> I CAN"T STAND LOOKING AT GREY PEOPLE

Just a bit more information on all three or either of these statements
would be helpfull... I guess I get it though, more-or-less.

--
Dream Tears by Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX035Ybafx4

Ala

Dec 9, 2010, 8:43:30 PM12/9/10

"Will Dockery" <will.d...@gmail.com> wrote in message

pretty much everyone on tv is grey

Will Dockery

Dec 9, 2010, 9:18:14 PM12/9/10
On Dec 9, 8:43 pm, "Ala" <alackr...@comcast.net> wrote:
> "Will Dockery" wrote in message

Ah, okay... hey, from reading this thread, it looks like you may be
really close to my "real life" location. If we ever bump into each
other, and you recognize me, feel free to come over and say "Hello.",
if you'd like.

--
"Greybeard Cavalier" / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25TKnC0Ydk4

GS

Dec 10, 2010, 10:41:15 AM12/10/10

Especially on a BW TV set.

greg

Will Dockery

Dec 10, 2010, 11:18:10 AM12/10/10
On Dec 10, 10:41 am, ze...@comcast.net (GS) wrote:
> In article <3PCdnSXmgpFrGJzQnZ2dnUVZ_uadn...@earthlink.com>, "Ala" <alackr...@comcast.net> wrote:
>>"Will Dockery" wrote in message

> >> Not only did I not send a question, it was answered.
>
> >> I apologize for any inconvenience this situation has caused me.
>
> >> I CAN"T STAND LOOKING AT GREY PEOPLE
>
> >>Just a bit more information on all three or either of these statements
> >>would be helpfull... I guess I get it though, more-or-less.
>
> >pretty much everyone on tv is grey
>
> Especially on a BW TV set.
>
> greg

Film Noir:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lZ3VAmNTWc

Ala

Dec 10, 2010, 7:38:12 PM12/10/10

>Ah, okay... hey, from reading this thread, it looks like you may be
>really close to my "real life" location. If we ever bump into each
>other, and you recognize me, feel free to come over and say "Hello.",
>if you'd like.

thanks

Will Dockery

Dec 10, 2010, 10:30:14 PM12/10/10
On Dec 10, 7:38 pm, "Ala" <alackr...@comcast.net> wrote:
> "Will Dockery" wrote in message

> >Ah, okay... hey, from reading this thread, it looks like you may be
> >really close to my "real life" location. If we ever bump into each
> >other, and you recognize me, feel free to come over and say "Hello.",
> >if you'd like.
>
> thanks

And, Sunday, December 20th, we're having an X-Mas party out at Del
Ranch in Smith's Station Alabama.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=102204013543747470175.00047abffb721d56b6196&t=h&z=19

Del Ranch
4920 Lee Road 430
Smiths Station, AL 36877-3705

The owner of the bar is an Auburn Tigers supporter, just FYI, so wear
your orange and dark blue... there will be food, drink, and lots of
live music until the wee hours of morning...

--
"Shadowville Speedway" CD on Artemis Records:
http://www.artemisrecords.net/dockeryconley.html

c&c

Dec 11, 2010, 3:08:57 PM12/11/10
On Dec 9, 8:43 pm, "Ala" <alackr...@comcast.net> wrote:
> "Will Dockery" <will.dock...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Presently blue and grey, but I think I'm going with Navy on this one.

Will Dockery

Dec 14, 2010, 3:05:41 AM12/14/10
"c&c" <hieronymous...@gmail.com> wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8qQ-oUsK44

> > > Not only did I not send a question, it was answered.
>
> > > I apologize for any inconvenience this situation has caused me.
>
> > > I CAN"T STAND LOOKING AT GREY PEOPLE
> > >Just a bit more information on all three or either of these statements
> > >would be helpfull... I guess I get it though, more-or-less.
>
> > pretty much everyone on tv is grey
>
>   Presently blue and grey, but I think I'm going with Navy on this one.

I'm friends with a couple of Vikings fans, from Dennis Hammes country,
brave souls... heh.

--
Will Dockery, Folk Rock / Blues / Experimental:
http://www.myspace.com/willdockery