2000 Pathfinder

Keith

Jan 5, 2011, 1:49:44 PM1/5/11

I'm going to look at a 2000 Pathinder SE. It has 185,000 Km. Asking price
$6,000 (Cdn).
Are there any inherent problems to look for?
For example, I currently have a 93 Pathfinder. They had a problem with the
frame rusting and of course the manifold bolt breaking, which were a problem
with Pathfinders & Maxima around that model year.

Thanks,
Keith

E. Meyer

Jan 5, 2011, 2:02:55 PM1/5/11
On 1/5/11 12:49 PM, in article c33Vo.18013$ge2....@newsfe07.iad, "Keith"
<so_ok...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Check the rear suspension bushings & I think there were still some issues
with manifold bolts on the engine used in the 2000 model.

Keith

Jan 5, 2011, 8:31:15 PM1/5/11
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm going to look at a 2000 Pathinder SE. It has 185,000 Km. Asking price
>> $6,000 (Cdn).
>> Are there any inherent problems to look for?
>> For example, I currently have a 93 Pathfinder. They had a problem with
>> the
>> frame rusting and of course the manifold bolt breaking, which were a
>> problem
>> with Pathfinders & Maxima around that model year.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Keith
>>

> Check the rear suspension bushings & I think there were still some issues
> with manifold bolts on the engine used in the 2000 model.

Sheesh! 7 years later and they still hadn't dealt with the manifold bolts?!
Thanks for the tip re the suspension. I'll have a look at it tomorrow. If
it's decent, at least it will tide me over till I come into some money.

Message has been deleted

Keith

Jan 6, 2011, 6:35:42 PM1/6/11
> The knock sensor on the V6 is a very failure-prone item and very
> expensive to replace since it is under the intake manifold which must be
> removed to gain access. (Google "Nissan knock sensor" for more info).
> There is also a problem with the sealant on the pipe attached to the
> thermostat housing that results in a very slow leak of coolant and
> produces a smell of coolant when the engine is hot. There is a Nissan
> service bulletin of this which replaces the sealant with a conventional
> gasket. This is also not a simple repair and requires a lot of
> disassembly to get to the part.

Hmmm. Thanks for this. With 185Km om it maybe I can pray this has already
been fixed & dealt with. I took a quick look at the truck today. Looks
decent for its age. I'll check it better Saturday.