1997 Sentra *Eats* Interior Lights...

Joe AutoDrill

Nov 1, 2010, 8:41:35 AM11/1/10
No other way to explain it that I can think of. No matter what I do, the
interior light (dome light) burns out after 2-3 weeks. It's not left on and
I hardly ever really use it for anything other than entry and exit of the
car at night.

The doors are always shut tight...

Just can't figure it out. After 4 or 5 of them, I'm about done with
replacing them too.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK: http://tinyurl.com/AutoDrill-Facebook

V8013-R

John Henderson

Nov 1, 2010, 4:37:04 PM11/1/10
Joe AutoDrill wrote:

> No other way to explain it that I can think of. No matter what I do, the
> interior light (dome light) burns out after 2-3 weeks. It's not left on and
> I hardly ever really use it for anything other than entry and exit of the
> car at night.

Try a different brand of bulb? Try a LED bulb, if you can find
one bright enough (not cheap either)?

Maybe there's a vibration there just right to "play" the filament
like a guitar string, and fatigue it quickly so it breaks.

John

nucleus

Nov 2, 2010, 8:42:28 AM11/2/10
assuming it is not a vibration problem, it is likely that you have a
loose
electrical connection in the circuit, which causes intermittent higher
current to pass through the bulb. check for loose connections which
hold the bulb and possibly a poor ground. at worst, there may be a
poor connection at some location between the hot side of the bulb
and the power source, maybe bad contacts in the door switch, or
even corroded connectors somewhere.

John

Nov 4, 2010, 3:26:58 AM11/4/10
Its a subject that comes up in many other car groups. Lamps failing
constantly for no reason. Definitely the comment about getting a LED lamp is
a good idea. Filament lamps life fall exponentially with excessive voltage.
If any other lamps fail I,d be getting a check up of voltage reg seeting.
John