My 2004 Longbed Frontier Would Like A Camper Shell For Transporting Rescued Dogs

1 view

Robert Cohen

Nov 9, 2010, 7:19:13 PM11/9/10
With working or repairable heat and a.c., otherwise it could be
needing major repairs & re-beautification

If you know of a camper shell that safely fits a longbed 6 cylinder
Frontier, I'm interested in buying it

Because I am a afraid of a seemingly "oversize" shell for that truck's
bed, but is a regular large camper shell the only kind that's
available?

Suggestion of alternative method for the mission is also solicited

willshak

Nov 10, 2010, 9:41:15 AM11/10/10
Robert Cohen wrote the following:
Are you looking for a used cap or a new cap?
If new, start here:
http://www.leer.com/Truck-Caps
Click on the "Build your own..." panel on the right side of the page.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Anyolmouse

Nov 11, 2010, 3:18:00 PM11/11/10

I have seen several Slide-ins that will fit the Frontier, Tacoma and
Ranger size beds in the RV section of CL that seem to be reasonably
priced. Most are cabover popups. Most have some sort of heater/furnace
but most do not have any kind of A/C.

Robert Cohen

Nov 14, 2010, 12:20:39 PM11/14/10

Both responses are helpful, and I am learning the vocabulary

"Tacoma" seems to have large internet affinity-following, I suppose
6 foot Tacoma truck beds were standard-popular also

I really like the idea of a "slide-in," so if ya happen to observe
that at
a used truck place, junque-yard, and/or a seemingly not too bad offer,
please lemme know, or perhaps please give 'em my e-mail address:
robtcohen at msn dot com