SRS light on?

Kari Walters

Aug 15, 2008, 8:35:00 AM8/15/08
Hi y'all,

I have a problem with my Honda, a 2000 Accord LX. The SRS light came on the other
day and won't go out. Nothing else seems to be wrong and the car runs fine. My ex
wants me to unhook the battery cable to reset it, but he's an idiot and I don't
trust him. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Kari

Rocinante

Aug 15, 2008, 10:39:46 AM8/15/08

You should take it to a good mechanic or the dealer to have it
diagnosed. The SRS light coming on signifies that something is wrong
within that system. For my Civic, it came on when the alternator was
sending out too much voltage. Another time, it came on because the
control module went bad.

G-Man

Aug 15, 2008, 2:53:03 PM8/15/08
I will bet you it's a seatbelt latch. Mine went on my 2001 at 120k, my
friends went on their 2001 at 130k, and I have heard of at lease 4 other
cases of the same thing.

Disconnecting the battery will not reset it.

It is covered under Warranty. My dealer said it wasn't, I had the work done
elsewhere, then I found out Honda fixes anything to do with seat belts under
warranty, no matter the mileage or age. Safety issue.

I called Honday and they sent me a check for mine!

Don't let the dealer BS you if it's the seatbelt, contact Honda.

G-Man

"Rocinante" <matrixo...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

jrk...@gmail.com

Aug 15, 2008, 4:56:40 PM8/15/08

I have 2000 Accord (90k miles) that had SRS light come on, and dealer
replaced OPDS unit (it's tied into seat belt system somehow) under
extended or lifetime warranty provisions per the owner's manual (or
find it here http://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/Documentum/Warranty/Handbooks/awl20574.pdf)

I believe there is also a tech service bulletin or two out on this
problem, suggesting there are more than a few instances of SRS light
staying on for this vehicle.

While I don't care for overpriced dealer services, this is one time
I'd bypass the local shop and go straight to the dealer.

While the part was not in stock, a few days later and a 30-minute
appointment, all's better - no more SRS issue.

ecarecar

Aug 15, 2008, 5:21:58 PM8/15/08
jrk...@gmail.com wrote:

I have a 98 Civic. The SRS light came on around 2000 or 2001.

Is there a secret warranty or is there a technical service bulletin? I
have yet to find either

Woody

Aug 15, 2008, 6:33:03 PM8/15/08
The problem could be anywhere. You have to read or have the SRS system
controller read to determine where the problem is. With the light on the air
bag system is disabled so they will not deploy in case of an accident. The
codes cannot be read by an OBDII tester. There is a procedure to read the
codes in the OEM service manual. The SRS system touches just about app the
wiring in the car so guessing and replacing parts because another reader had
a problem will not fix it and will become very expensive fast...

"ecarecar" <ecar...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Brian Smith

Aug 15, 2008, 8:04:44 PM8/15/08

"Kari Walters" <Ka...@nowhere.net> wrote in message

I have to ask the question; If he's an idiot and you don't trust him,
why are you with him?

Joe

Aug 15, 2008, 8:19:28 PM8/15/08
On 2008-08-16, Brian Smith <Hal...@NovaScotia.Canada> wrote:

> "Kari Walters" <Ka...@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>> My ex
>> wants me to unhook the battery cable to reset it, but he's an idiot and I
>> don't
>> trust him. Can anyone help?
>
> I have to ask the question; If he's an idiot and you don't trust him,
> why are you with him?

ex would seem to indicate that she isn't with him...

--
Joe - Linux User #449481/Ubuntu User #19733
joe at hits - buffalo dot com

Message has been deleted

Brian Smith

Aug 15, 2008, 9:20:57 PM8/15/08

"Joe" <j...@nospam.hits-buffalo.com> wrote in message

> ex would seem to indicate that she isn't with him...

That it would, if I had seen that, it would have saved some electrons.

Kari Walters

Aug 16, 2008, 11:03:03 AM8/16/08
On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 20:58:17 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <el...@nastydesigns.com>
wrote:

>In article <fntaa4lbhgmdr5inu...@4ax.com>,

>Your ex can help, but you think he's an idiot, so fuck him.
>
>then when you go to the local service station and they tell you "next
>time this happens, just unhook the battery cable for awhile," you can
>freely stick your head in the sand and be happy that the service station
>is right while your ex is still an idiot.
>
>Fucking bitch. Serves you right to be so blindly ignorant.

Dear Elmo,

Make some sense.

Moron.

Plonk

Kari Walters

Aug 16, 2008, 11:04:18 AM8/16/08

Thanx for the intelligent responses.

The others can go pound salt.

jim beam

Aug 16, 2008, 12:06:49 PM8/16/08
Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:
> In article <fntaa4lbhgmdr5inu...@4ax.com>,
> Kari Walters <Ka...@nowhere.net> wrote:
>
> Your ex can help, but you think he's an idiot, so fuck him.
>
> then when you go to the local service station and they tell you "next
> time this happens, just unhook the battery cable for awhile," you can
> freely stick your head in the sand and be happy that the service station
> is right while your ex is still an idiot.
>
> Fucking bitch. Serves you right to be so blindly ignorant.

come on elmo, how do /really/ feel? don't hold back now...

Brian Smith

Aug 16, 2008, 1:21:13 PM8/16/08

> Thanx for the intelligent responses.
>
> The others can go pound salt.

Hey Elmo, I can see that you called it accurately!

Kari Walters

Aug 17, 2008, 9:19:55 AM8/17/08

Sorry Brian, but you're a moron too.

Plonk

Brian Smith

Aug 17, 2008, 9:25:31 AM8/17/08

> Sorry Brian, but you're a moron too.

LOL! As if anything a female says is worth the time of day.