How to remove paint from a car finish?

Alpha One

Jun 17, 2002, 6:54:15 PM6/17/02
My 94 Sable was in the area were a house was being painted with a spray gun.
It was windy and now it has litle droplets all over one side, thiny ones. It
was
oil base paint and its very dry now. How can I remove it from the finish? I
tryed rubing compound on it but it looks like it want came out. Any idea?
Thank you.

Oscar_lives

Jun 17, 2002, 10:06:31 PM6/17/02
Use brake fluid to remove the paint.

Lacquer thinner will also do the job.

"Alpha One" <alph...@optonline.net> wrote in message

Backyard Mechanic

Jun 17, 2002, 10:23:29 PM6/17/02
You find the sumbitches who were painting the house... file a claim with
them, and take it to a detailing shop.

OR take it to detailer, THEN take the painters to small claims!

jim

Jun 17, 2002, 10:38:05 PM6/17/02
to Alpha One
dont listen to the other poster about brake fluid or lacquor thinner as
you will ruin your paint job.. the brake fluid will eat all the
paint/including the original finish and then even the metal..the lacquor
thinner will remove your original paint also.. use bug and tar
remover... use it for a few times and eventually you will get this mist
of paint off the car.. they also sell a product that will work for
you.. i went to auto zone and got some Clay.. its the stuff that you
apply an oil on the finish of your car and then rub the clay prduct on
it removes the dirt that does not come off evern after a wash... it does
not distroy the finish and works..... you first wash the car and then
spray on the oil spray and work a 3 foot area at a time and it will
remove tree sap, road dirt... rail dirt, etc.. Mothers makes some and so
does other companies..... the one i got from auto zone is called Clay
Magic.. its about $10... it comes with the clay part(about the size of a
cleaning pad and a spray bottle of oil(???). and the instructions..
hope this helps.

Backyard Mechanic

Jun 18, 2002, 9:20:27 AM6/18/02

"jim" <j...@noname.com> wrote

> dont listen to the other poster about brake fluid or lacquor thinner as
> you will ruin your paint job.. the brake fluid will eat all the
> paint/including the original finish and then even the metal..the lacquor
> thinner will remove your original paint also.. use bug and tar
> remover...

Absolutely!!! I dunno wTF oscar is thinking!

By the way... Most Bug & Tar = Charcoal Lighter except for price. Check
it out.

But I still say you are nuts if you dont make them pay.

jj...@sbcgl.com

Jun 19, 2002, 1:33:55 AM6/19/02
Yep, the painters should have insurance for just such things.