Need Help w/Driver Side Pwr Mirror Replacement

Cil

Sep 14, 2003, 10:17:43 PM9/14/03
Looking for some insight on replacing a drivers side power mirror on an '02
Focus SE. The Chilton's manual procedure looks pretty straight forward but
would like to know if there are any "gotchas" before I attempt.
Also found some web prices in teh $48.00 range, is this average?

One more, what does the (w/o SVT) mean regarding the mirror description?

tia!

cil

Jon Sturgeon

Sep 16, 2003, 5:10:25 PM9/16/03
On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 02:17:43 GMT, "Cil" <NOSPAM...@comcast.net>
wrote:

>Looking for some insight on replacing a drivers side power mirror on an '02
>Focus SE. The Chilton's manual procedure looks pretty straight forward but
>would like to know if there are any "gotchas" before I attempt.

It is pretty straightforward. Just make sure you don't drop the 10mm
bolt down into the door, otherwise you'll have to remove the entire
interior panel to retrieve it. There is a small torx screw in the door
jamb that needs to be removed as well. The factory service manual that
I have shows this as being a clip, but on my car it is most certainly a
screw, which can cause you trouble if you are expecting the mirror to
pop off after removing just the bolt.

>Also found some web prices in teh $48.00 range, is this average?

Sounds like a pretty good price. My local dealer was quoting about
$55+tax recently.

>One more, what does the (w/o SVT) mean regarding the mirror description?

It means that the mirrors fitted to the SVT Focus are of a different
design and thus if you have an SVT, this isn't the part you want.

Jon