central locking system complete failure

1 view

Michael Heiming

Sep 17, 2005, 4:01:30 PM9/17/05
Hi!

After a few days the central locking system was working slow, it
has failed completely today. Doesn't work trough remote key fob
or using the key. Opening the rear door (wagon) from the inside
is although impossible.

Already check fuses which look good, since the whole system is
down, I suspect some module responsible broke. Checked fuses,
which are fine. Anyone had this problem (1999 Ghia wagon with
alarm and comfort key fob) who can point out the broken
module/part?

Thx for reading

mail: echo zvp...@urvzvat.qr | perl -pe 'y/a-z/n-za-m/'
#bofh excuse 192: runaway cat on system.

Alan

Sep 17, 2005, 7:10:32 PM9/17/05
In message <q99uv2-...@news.heiming.de>, Michael Heiming
<michael...@www.heiming.de> wrote

>Hi!
>
>After a few days the central locking system was working slow, it
>has failed completely today. Doesn't work trough remote key fob
>or using the key. Opening the rear door (wagon) from the inside
>is although impossible.
>
>Already check fuses which look good, since the whole system is
>down, I suspect some module responsible broke. Checked fuses,
>which are fine. Anyone had this problem (1999 Ghia wagon with
>alarm and comfort key fob) who can point out the broken
>module/part?

The fuse cannot be seen without removing the fuse board (the one inside
the car) The fuse is on the back of the fuse board often hidden behind
the attached wiring.
--
Alan
mailto:news2me...@amacleod.clara.co.uk

Michael Heiming

Sep 18, 2005, 3:17:48 PM9/18/05
In alt.autos.ford.focus Alan <junk_...@amacleod.clara.co.uk>:

Exactly, could some please punish the guy who "invented" that!

The fuse was broken (20A) put in a new one and some functionality
came back, but the rear right passenger door won't open, looks
like I have to replace the servo motor on this door.

I'll follow up with results.

mail: echo zvp...@urvzvat.qr | perl -pe 'y/a-z/n-za-m/'

#bofh excuse 388: Bad user karma.

Andy Lee

Sep 19, 2005, 9:52:01 AM9/19/05
On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 21:17:48 +0200, Michael Heiming
<michael...@www.heiming.de> wrote:

>In alt.autos.ford.focus Alan <junk_...@amacleod.clara.co.uk>:
>> In message <q99uv2-...@news.heiming.de>, Michael Heiming
>> <michael...@www.heiming.de> wrote
>>>Hi!
>>>
>>>After a few days the central locking system was working slow, it
>>>has failed completely today. Doesn't work trough remote key fob
>>>or using the key. Opening the rear door (wagon) from the inside
>>>is although impossible.
>>>
>>>Already check fuses which look good, since the whole system is
>>>down, I suspect some module responsible broke. Checked fuses,
>>>which are fine. Anyone had this problem (1999 Ghia wagon with
>>>alarm and comfort key fob) who can point out the broken
>>>module/part?
>>>

>> The fuse cannot be seen without removing the fuse board (the one inside
>> the car) The fuse is on the back of the fuse board often hidden behind
>> the attached wiring.
>
>Exactly, could some please punish the guy who "invented" that!
>
>The fuse was broken (20A) put in a new one and some functionality
>came back, but the rear right passenger door won't open, looks
>like I have to replace the servo motor on this door.
>
>I'll follow up with results.

Micheal

I have heard of a couple of cases where the servo has jammed/siezed it
was possible to just clean the guides and the external parts of the
servo motor in one case but the other was as you suggest a replacemnt
job.

Michael Heiming

Sep 19, 2005, 11:06:14 AM9/19/05
In alt.autos.ford.focus Andy Lee <andy...@siemens.com>:

> On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 21:17:48 +0200, Michael Heiming
> <michael...@www.heiming.de> wrote:
>>In alt.autos.ford.focus Alan <junk_...@amacleod.clara.co.uk>:
>>> In message <q99uv2-...@news.heiming.de>, Michael Heiming
>>> <michael...@www.heiming.de> wrote

[ 1999 Focus - central locking system complete failure ]

>>The fuse was broken (20A) put in a new one and some functionality
>>came back, but the rear right passenger door won't open, looks
>>like I have to replace the servo motor on this door.

[..]

> I have heard of a couple of cases where the servo has jammed/siezed it
> was possible to just clean the guides and the external parts of the
> servo motor in one case but the other was as you suggest a replacemnt
> job.

Hi Andy!

Might pe possible, but there's some time/work involved to open
the door and get the thing out, so it makes more sense to me to
just exchange it, as I'm not willing to open it more then once
for the problem. I'm sure there's not much dirt involved, the car
has it's own garage, so it's inside most of the time.

Ordered the servo motor today at my Ford dealer, after explaining
what had happened he was pretty sure it'd be the motor. It will
arrive tomorrow, it's about 106,- Euro, the complete car might be
about 250000 Euro in spare parts.;( I'll follow up to this thread
as soon as there are news about the matter.

mail: echo zvp...@urvzvat.qr | perl -pe 'y/a-z/n-za-m/'

#bofh excuse 264: Your modem doesn't speak English.

Michael Heiming

Sep 20, 2005, 3:00:13 PM9/20/05
In alt.autos.ford.focus Michael Heiming <michael...@www.heiming.de>:

> In alt.autos.ford.focus Andy Lee <andy...@siemens.com>:
>> On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 21:17:48 +0200, Michael Heiming
>> <michael...@www.heiming.de> wrote:

> [ 1999 Focus - central locking system complete failure ]

>>>The fuse was broken (20A) put in a new one and some functionality
>>>came back, but the rear right passenger door won't open, looks
>>>like I have to replace the servo motor on this door.

> [..]

>> I have heard of a couple of cases where the servo has jammed/siezed it
>> was possible to just clean the guides and the external parts of the
>> servo motor in one case but the other was as you suggest a replacemnt
>> job.

[..]

Hi Andy!

Exchanged the whole rear door bolt, which is what you get for the
money today. Took about one hour and it's not that easy, even if
having done this for a living a few decades ago.

Central locking worked great with key again, but alas remote key
fob didn't. Remembered a thread about the key-off method and
could find it (thx groups.google.com) easy enough. After applying
remote key fob works as it should again. ;-) This should be
covered in the drivers manual?

Wouldn't suggest doing it on your own if missing the required
experience, it's easy enough to brake door covering/etc if you
have never done this.

Special thx to Alan who punished me to remove the second fuse box
completely to find the damn fuse covert behind tons of cable.