M-number (engine) BMW M3 GTR e46?

Ilir

Dec 15, 2005, 6:26:52 PM12/15/05
can anyone tell me what M-number the engine for the M3 GTR e46 has?
I've searched everywhere, but cannot find it any place...
Thanks for the help!

Ilir Dibrani
www.bmwheaven.com

Message has been deleted

TonyK

Dec 16, 2005, 2:49:24 AM12/16/05

<Def...@index.cmx> wrote in message

> S54?

GTR is a V8 so not S54. I've got the GTR "sales brochure" (if you could call
it that) as a PDF so that might have it on. I'm away from my PC at the mo
but can check soon if no-one else comes up with anything.

sgfan3

Dec 16, 2005, 6:28:50 PM12/16/05
Hi. I have heard this GTR engine thing mentioned about e46 M3s (proud
owner!) as well and I would love to see the PDF that you have. Are you able
to email it to me? Please reply either way. Thanks! Chris

(2001 E46 2DR M3 Ci 6-Speed)

"Ilir" <idib...@gmail.com> wrote in message

TonyK

Dec 17, 2005, 3:37:41 AM12/17/05

"sgfan3" <sg...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message

> Hi. I have heard this GTR engine thing mentioned about e46 M3s (proud
> owner!) as well and I would love to see the PDF that you have. Are you
able
> to email it to me? Please reply either way. Thanks! Chris
>
> (2001 E46 2DR M3 Ci 6-Speed)

I'm trying to find it on my machine but no luck so far and the link I pulled
it from is now dead, the BMW website doesn;t have anything on it anymore
but, I will ask a few people who should have it and get a copy.

TonyK

Dec 17, 2005, 3:14:55 AM12/17/05

> Hi. I have heard this GTR engine thing mentioned about e46 M3s (proud
> owner!) as well and I would love to see the PDF that you have. Are you
able
> to email it to me? Please reply either way. Thanks! Chris
>
> (2001 E46 2DR M3 Ci 6-Speed)

I'm trying to find it on my machine but no luck so far and the link I pulled

Ilir

Dec 17, 2005, 6:22:09 AM12/17/05
Yep, that was the same problem as I had....
Can't find it anywhere, and really need it for my specification
database on my website.
Also the V8 doesn't look like it is derived from i.e. the M5 e39 V8.
Any help?

TonyK

Dec 22, 2005, 11:21:36 AM12/22/05

"Ilir" <idib...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Drawn a complete blank so far. But I believe that the engine would be a P??.
Quite annoyed at losing the PDF actually, it was a bit of a keepsake. If it
turns up I'll post a link on here.

KMS - Brett Anderson

Jan 4, 2006, 2:13:17 AM1/4/06
If it doesn't look like it, it's only because the Motorsport intake is a
little different.

The M3 GTR has the S62 engine, as found in the E39 M5, although I'm sure,
with tweaks.

Brett Anderson
KMS

Ilir

Jan 10, 2006, 10:41:29 AM1/10/06
Sorry for the late reply,
Thanks for searching, and I'll put that in my specification database
then... S62.

Ilir
www.bmwheaven.com