Darth Krueger

Bob Urz

Jul 18, 2005, 11:07:51 AM7/18/05

Arny:

Its sad to say you have gone over the top on gone over to the proverbial
dark side. Look at the number of posts by you in the last few days.
You have been slashing through the group cutting off imaginary body
parts with your imaginary light saber. You say Sound is just a hobby and
not your real job, but when do you do your real Job? Your employer or
wife must be very tolerant to put put with your being super glued to
your keyboard typing incessantly. I suggest that you let some of your
associates both at church, home and work look at this rant and comment
on your sanity. The sun will come up tomorrow even if Arny does not post
150 times a day.

Education is a area in this industry where it runs the gamut.
I know some guys that are in it that were lucky to finish high school.
I have a BSEET. My associate has a BS in the theater. Nether of those
degrees is in sound engineering. But in both cases, they were helpful
in doing the job. But its not a requirement. The great and powerful
Allison did not finish college. That does not make him good or bad
either. We all make some mistakes from time to time too. I remember
being out on a national tour in the early 90's running the early
yamaha digital consoles (DMP7's) and missing a preset Cue which put
sympte time code noise into the monitors of the guy signing the checks.
Whoops. Sometimes it happens. Education and life experience is a
learning process in this industry. So is the Politics that goes with it.
I am testifying at a trial tonight at my IATSE Local who is trying to
boot the BA.

People always ask when are you going to get a real job when your in
this industry. People not in it think its all glamour and fun.
In reality, it can be 24/7, nights, weekends, holidays and whatever else
is required to do the job. sometimes the pay is good, sometimes your
starving. sometimes your living out of a suit case, other times
your arguing with your wife on why your living the life you do.
There ain't no free lunch (well, sometimes a meat tray at the venue).

Arny, you can go on forever and be thought of as the fly on the
elephants butt. Or you can take a breath, think about it and come
back here in a rational matter. Nobody has anything personal
against you Arny, they have it against you attitude. Learn the
rules of the sand box and play nice. Or you will forever be getting
sand thrown in your face like its being done now.

There are times that i have enjoyed some of the discussion you have
done. Your no dummy. But at times you sure act like one.

Bob

Saxology

Jul 18, 2005, 5:29:37 PM7/18/05
<snip>

> There ain't no free lunch (well, sometimes a meat tray at the venue).

They are called "Bandwiches"... 1 sandwich and a knife to slice it thin
enough for everyone in the band. Certainly easier that trying to get a egg
stretched to 12" long at a truck stop.
-Sax

Sean Conolly

Jul 18, 2005, 8:45:15 PM7/18/05
"Saxology" <saxolo...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Hmm, what we called a "bandwich" involved two band members and the band slut
for the night :-)

Rv!

Jul 18, 2005, 10:48:56 PM7/18/05

"Sean Conolly" <sjconolly_98@yaaho

> Hmm, what we called a "bandwich" involved two band members and the band
> slut
> for the night :-)

I prefer two slappers and one band member myself. Don't like sharing
members.. Ahem.

Rv!