100 million Bibles sold per week: World's #1 best seller and it is no wonder

us4...@att.net

Jan 2, 2011, 4:06:38 PM1/2/11
"So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17)

Yes, 100 million copies of the Holy Writ are sold every single week. Obviously, the Bible is indeed considered to be more than the mere words of men but
rather....the "Word of God". Not only is the Holy Bible the best seller of all time... but folks are buying it at a rate of 100 million copies per week at the
present time:

World's Best Selling Book

"The world best selling book is the bible it sells 100 million copies per week."

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_world%27s_best_selling_book#ixzz19ufRxlEi

More:

--------------------------THE TEN BESTSELLING BOOKS OF ALL-TIME--------------------------
Rank Author Book First Publication Date Approximate Sales
1 Various The Holy Bible c. 1451-55 More than 6 Billion
2 Mao Tse-Tung Quotations from Chairman Mao 1966 900,000,000
3 Noah Webster The American Spelling Book 1783 Up to 100,000,000
4 Mark C. Young Guiness Book of World Records 1955 More than 90,000,000
5 World Almanac Editors World Almanac 1868 73,500,000
6 William Holmes McGuffey The McGuffey Readers 1836 60,000,000
7 Benjamin Spock The Common Sense Book of Baby and Child Care 1946 More than 50,000,000
8 Elbert Hubbard A Message to Garcia 1899 More than 40,000,000
9 Charles Monroe Sheldon In His Steps, What Would Jesus Do? 1896 More than 30.000,000
10 Jacqueline Susann Valley of the Dolls 1966 More than 30,000,000

http://home.comcast.net/~antaylor1/bestsellingbooks.html

More:

Did you ever wonder what was the first mass produced book?
The first mass produced printed book was the Bible, a version based on the Latin edition from about 380 AD.. The Bible was printed at Mainz, Germany by Johannes
Gutenberg from 1452 -1455.. Although German bibliographers claim that it was may also have been finished and perfected by Johann Fust, a wealthy financier who
gained Gutenberg's share of the business in a lawsuit; and Peter Schöffer, Gutenberg's assistant.

http://www.ideafinder.com/features/everwonder/won-printbook.htm

More:

Top Ten Best Selling Books of All Time

Number 1: The Bible
It is quite difficult to find out the exact number of Bible copies printed or distributed, however, as per the Bible Society's attempts to count the number of
Bible copies printed between 1816 and 1975, the number of copies crossed the 2 billion mark. However, in a survey conducted in 1992, the figure touched almost 6
billion. The Bible has been translated into more than 2000 languages and dialects. Further translation into other languages is also on the way. Despite the
uncertainty about exact figures, it is a common consensus that the Bible is the number 1 best selling book of all time.

Number 2: Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse-tung (Little Red Book)
The second rank goes to the Chairman Mao's Little Red Book which was first published in 1966. This book was a hot favorite in the platter of almost every
Chinese adult between the years 1966 and 1971. The book throws light on the Chinese dictator's view on life, politics and economics.

Number 3: American Spelling Book
Written by the American man of letter, Noah Webster in 1783, this book was a hot favorite throughout the 19th century. This book's highlight was its words that
were broken down into syllables, thereby making it easier for kids to learn how to pronounce the words easily. Soon this book was a recommended English textbook
in schools in the United States during the 19th century.

Number 4: The Guinness Book of World Records
First published in 1955, this book has fascinated millions by its repository of world records of all kinds of information, right from sports, science to all
kinds of weird facts, etc. The idea of the book evolved in the mind of the big boss of Guinness brewery who wanted to find out the fastest game bird in Europe.
His urge to find the information triggered the idea of a book that contained scores of facts and photographs which satiated the hunger for interesting facts.
There are more than 37 edition in UK alone and it is available in several foreign languages as well.

Number 5: The McGuffey Readers
Published first in 1853, this book was compiled by the American anthologist William Holmes McGuffey and is a repository of short stories for young people. The
stories were of moral teaching and preachy nature, however, it was a great rostrum to introduce young people to moral lessons in life. There were some
discrepancies between the figures quoted by the publishers. They claimed they printed and sold more than 120 million copies, however, this is not believed to be
true as the population in the US was somewhere around 10 million at that time only. Read more on classic books every one should read.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/best-selling-books-of-all-time.html

More:

Top Ten Best Selling Books of All Time

# Title Author Copies Sold
1 The Bible 6 billion
2 Quotations From Chairman Mao Tse-Tung Mao Tse-Tung 900 million
3 The American Spelling Book Noah Webster 100 million
4 Guiness World Records (2003) 94 million
5 The World Almanac and Book of Facts World Almanac Books 73 million

http://www.booksellerworld.com/bestselling-booksever.htm

u4z

Caranx latus

Jan 2, 2011, 4:18:52 PM1/2/11
On Jan 2, 4:06 pm, us4z...@att.net wrote:
> "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17)
>
> Yes, 100 million copies of the Holy Writ are sold every single week. Obviously, the Bible is indeed considered to be more than the mere words of men but
> rather....the "Word of God". Not only is the Holy Bible the best seller of all time... but folks are buying it at a rate of 100 million copies per week at the
> present time:
>
> World's Best Selling Book
>
> "The world best selling book is the bible it sells 100 million copies per week."
>
> Read more:http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_world%27s_best_selling_book#ixz...

Ummm... there is no more to read at that location. Just the naked
assertion that you've referred to. And you found it compelling... why?

If the Bible is selling at the claimed rate, and has been selling at
that rate for any length of time, then don't you think it should have
sold far more than 6,000,000,000 by now? Do the math. 6 billion
divided by 100 million is 60. 60 weeks. Does that actually make sense
to you?

<snip>

osugeography

Jan 2, 2011, 4:20:37 PM1/2/11
On Jan 2, 3:06 pm, us4z...@att.net wrote:
> "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17)
>
> Yes, 100 million copies of the Holy Writ are sold every single week. Obviously, the Bible is indeed considered to be more than the mere words of men but
> rather....the "Word of God". Not only is the Holy Bible the best seller of all time... but folks are buying it at a rate of 100 million copies per week at the
> present time:
>
> World's Best Selling Book
>
> "The world best selling book is the bible it sells 100 million copies per week."
>
> Read more:http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_world%27s_best_selling_book#ixz...

> More:
>
>               --------------------------THE TEN BESTSELLING BOOKS OF ALL-TIME--------------------------
> Rank      Author                                   Book                                                     First Publication Date         Approximate Sales
> 1           Various             The Holy Bible                                          c. 1451-55              More than 6 Billion
> 2           Mao Tse-Tung        Quotations from Chairman Mao                              1966                    900,000,000
> 3           Noah Webster        The American Spelling Book                                1783                    Up to 100,000,000
> 4           Mark C. Young       Guiness Book of World Records                             1955                    More than 90,000,000
> 5           World Almanac Editors       World Almanac                                             1868                          73,500,000
> 6           William Holmes McGuffey     The McGuffey Readers                              1836                    60,000,000
> 7           Benjamin Spock      The Common Sense Book of Baby and Child Care   1946     More than 50,000,000
> 8           Elbert Hubbard      A Message to Garcia                                                 1899         More than 40,000,000
> 9           Charles Monroe Sheldon      In His Steps, What Would Jesus Do?              1896    More than 30.000,000
> 10         Jacqueline Susann    Valley of the Dolls                                                 1966                          More than 30,000,000
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~antaylor1/bestsellingbooks.html
>
> More:
>
> Did you ever wonder what was the first mass produced book?
> The first mass produced printed book was the Bible, a version based on the Latin edition from about 380 AD.. The Bible was printed at Mainz, Germany by Johannes
> Gutenberg from 1452 -1455.. Although German bibliographers claim that it was may also have been finished and perfected by Johann Fust, a wealthy financier who
> gained Gutenberg's share of the business in a lawsuit; and Peter Sch ffer, Gutenberg's assistant.

u4z wrote:

"folks are buying it (the Bible) at a rate of 100 million copies per
week at the
present time".

100 million Bibles sold a week. Do the math--thats over five billion
in a year. Since six billion Bibles (you write) have been sold in "All
Time", and over five billion sell every year, total (all-time
cumulative) Bible sales must have doubled within the last fourteen
months.

Do the math.
or
Stop lying,
or
Both.

Marvin Sebourn
osugeo...@aol.com

Father Haskell

Jan 2, 2011, 4:26:41 PM1/2/11
On Jan 2, 4:06 pm, us4z...@att.net wrote:

> Yes, 100 million rolls of Charmin are sold every single week. Obviously, Charmin is indeed considered to be more than the mere bath tissue of men but
> rather....the "Bath Tissue of God". Not only is Charmin the best seller of all time... but folks are buying it at a rate of 100 million rolls per week at the
> present time

You're welcome.

Syd M.

Jan 2, 2011, 4:28:03 PM1/2/11
On Jan 2, 4:06 pm, us4z...@att.net wrote:
> "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17)
>
> Yes, 100 million copies of the Holy Writ are sold every single week.

So what? A million people can still be wrong.

PDW

Uncle Vic

Jan 2, 2011, 4:43:53 PM1/2/11
us4...@att.net wrote in news:rjp1i6tuna8o910o4...@4ax.com:

As if repetition is going to make more converts.

--
Uncle Vic
AA # 2011

Member EAC Bitchslapping Dept.

AllSeeing-I

Jan 2, 2011, 4:46:51 PM1/2/11

You are being anal about the numbers.

The point is the same. The bible is the most printed and most
purchased book in the history of the world.

AllSeeing-I

Jan 2, 2011, 4:47:42 PM1/2/11

Like the millions that believe in evolution.

Uncle Vic

Jan 2, 2011, 4:55:03 PM1/2/11
AllSeeing-I <allse...@usa.com> wrote in news:de3c9b76-b2ea-4462-a67a-
deea92...@i18g2000yqn.googlegroups.com:

> The point is the same. The bible is the most printed and most
> purchased book in the history of the world.

And this fact is repeated constantly ad-nauseum by christers. Why? What
does it prove? A widely held lie is still a lie.

Uncle Vic

Jan 2, 2011, 4:55:48 PM1/2/11

>> > Yes, 100 million copies of the Holy Writ are sold every single
>> > week.
>>
>> So what? A million people can still be wrong.
>>
>> PDW
>
> Like the millions that believe in evolution.

The difference is evidence. Where's yours?

Eris

Jan 2, 2011, 5:06:39 PM1/2/11
On Jan 2, 4:55 pm, Uncle Vic <urkiddingri...@nonono.com> wrote:

I thought Bibles where forced on people for free, not bought.

Father Haskell

Jan 2, 2011, 5:25:16 PM1/2/11
> purchased book in the history of the world.- Hide quoted text -

Which version?

duke

Jan 2, 2011, 5:33:15 PM1/2/11
On Sun, 02 Jan 2011 15:43:53 -0600, Uncle Vic <urkiddi...@nonono.com> wrote:

>As if repetition is going to make more converts.

I don't see any atheists being born.

The dukester, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****

Virgil

Jan 2, 2011, 6:23:00 PM1/2/11
In article <233e7fd3-fbf9-4900...@z9g2000yqz.googlegroups.com>,
AllSeeing-I <allse...@usa.com> wrote:

o, because they have unequivocal objective physical evidence supporting their belief,
which you cretinist IDiots have none of.

Ralph

Jan 2, 2011, 6:53:06 PM1/2/11

So??? Does that make it true?????

Ralph

Jan 2, 2011, 6:54:00 PM1/2/11

At least we have evidence. You have nothing except your wild assertions.

Smiler

Jan 2, 2011, 8:24:46 PM1/2/11
On Sun, 02 Jan 2011 16:33:15 -0600, duke wrote:

> On Sun, 02 Jan 2011 15:43:53 -0600, Uncle Vic
> <urkiddi...@nonono.com> wrote:
>
>>us4...@att.net wrote in
>
>>As if repetition is going to make more converts.
>
> I don't see any atheists being born.

All children are born atheist. Some are indoctinated into religious
beliefs by their parents.

--
Smiler,
The godless one. a.a.# 2279

Armageddon Fred

Jan 2, 2011, 8:37:29 PM1/2/11
Virgil <VIR...@VIRGIL.NET> wrote:
>In article <233e7fd3-fbf9-4900...@z9g2000yqz.googlegroups.com>,
> AllSeeing-I <allse...@usa.com> wrote:
>>> So what? A million people can still be wrong.
>> Like the millions that believe in evolution.
>o, because they have unequivocal objective physical evidence supporting their belief,
>which you cretinist IDiots have none of.

Of course nobody believes in evolution any more than they believe in
gravitation.

Free Lunch

Jan 2, 2011, 9:05:50 PM1/2/11
On Sun, 2 Jan 2011 13:47:42 -0800 (PST), AllSeeing-I
<allse...@usa.com> wrote in alt.talk.creationism:

Evolution happens whether you approve of reality or not.

Zacharias Mulletstein

Jan 2, 2011, 10:11:09 PM1/2/11

"Ralph" <mmma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Evidence schmevidence. I'll take the sure bet. The sure bet being the One
lamb virgin snake eyes, Jesus Christ.

Zacharias Mulletstein

Jan 2, 2011, 10:12:11 PM1/2/11

"Smiler" <Smi...@JoeKing.com> wrote in message

> On Sun, 02 Jan 2011 16:33:15 -0600, duke wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 02 Jan 2011 15:43:53 -0600, Uncle Vic
>> <urkiddi...@nonono.com> wrote:
>>
>>>us4...@att.net wrote in
>>
>>>As if repetition is going to make more converts.
>>
>> I don't see any atheists being born.
>>

> All children are born atheist. Some are indoctinated into religious
> beliefs by their parents.

I wasn't born athiest. I was born a Fundamentalist Christian Pentecostal
Warrior.

Yap

Jan 2, 2011, 10:20:23 PM1/2/11
On 3 Jan, 04:06, us4z...@att.net wrote:
> "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17)
>
> Yes, 100 million copies of the Holy Writ are sold every single week. Obviously, the Bible is indeed considered to be more than the mere words of men but
> rather....the "Word of God". Not only is the Holy Bible the best seller of all time... but folks are buying it at a rate of 100 million copies per week at the
> present time:
>
> World's Best Selling Book
>
> "The world best selling book is the bible it sells 100 million copies per week."
>
> Read more:http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_world%27s_best_selling_book#ixz...

Really 100 million sold every week?
Lets do some maths.....
Just for 2010 alone, there was 52 weeks x 100 million = 5.2 billion
books / 1 billion believers.
Now, you are saying each believer bought 5 bible per year?
Then it seems, not only they were conned of their contributions, they
had to make the printers/publishers rich by buying the same bloody
lying book 5 times a year?

So, we atheists really save a lot, for better use.

Yap

Jan 2, 2011, 10:22:39 PM1/2/11

The real point is that it is a lie....from a believer.

Yap

Jan 2, 2011, 10:24:29 PM1/2/11

Well, the evolution is based on facts that are open to your scrutiny.
The bible is just a con writing, meant to fool the brain damaged
people like you.

Yap

Jan 2, 2011, 10:26:05 PM1/2/11
On 3 Jan, 05:33, duke <duckgumb...@cox.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 02 Jan 2011 15:43:53 -0600, Uncle Vic <urkiddingri...@nonono.com> wrote:
> >us4z...@att.net wrote innews:rjp1i6tuna8o910o4...@4ax.com:

> >As if repetition is going to make more converts.
>
> I don't see any atheists being born.
Every new borns each day are atheists...until some get brainwashed in
their formative days.

Yap

Jan 2, 2011, 10:29:23 PM1/2/11
On 3 Jan, 10:11, "Zacharias Mulletstein" <zmulletst...@isright.com>
wrote:
> "Ralph" <mmman...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Worshiping an ancient figure does not make you any bet....let alone a
sure one.
It does not exist now and does not do anything for you.

us4...@att.net

Jan 2, 2011, 10:31:45 PM1/2/11
It's folks like you, Uncle Vic, Virgil, Bob and the other false prophets which cause so many folks to buy Bibles.
When folks see fundies, prophets and Jews interacting with pagans (and making false prophets look like fools) it undoubtedly causes them to go out and buy
Bibles for themselves.

Surely you do not think that folks by the hundreds of millions wake up every day and for no reason say "I think I'll go buy a Bible today" do you?

So keep it up. Keep up the mockery and lies along with your idolatrous ways. Perhaps the Holy Writ will top the 100 billion mark in sales because of folks like
you.

I have yet to turn it on mind you. So far there is no need for me to even crank it up. Seeing as how you idjuts can barely handle "facts", it would be a bit of
overkill if I were to fire truth from all cylinders.

You do understand that ideologies opposed to the God of Israel (and the Word of God found in the Holy Writ) qualify as idolatry don't you?

u4z

Jeanne Douglas

Jan 2, 2011, 10:36:17 PM1/2/11
In article <5df2i69hatboj34hc...@4ax.com>,
us4...@att.net wrote:

> It's folks like you, Uncle Vic, Virgil, Bob and the other false prophets
> which cause so many folks to buy Bibles.
> When folks see fundies, prophets and Jews interacting with pagans (and making
> false prophets look like fools) it undoubtedly causes them to go out and buy
> Bibles for themselves.
>
> Surely you do not think that folks by the hundreds of millions wake up every
> day and for no reason say "I think I'll go buy a Bible today" do you?
>
> So keep it up. Keep up the mockery and lies along with your idolatrous ways.
> Perhaps the Holy Writ will top the 100 billion mark in sales because of folks
> like
> you.
>
> I have yet to turn it on mind you. So far there is no need for me to even
> crank it up. Seeing as how you idjuts can barely handle "facts", it would be
> a bit of
> overkill if I were to fire truth from all cylinders.
>
> You do understand that ideologies opposed to the God of Israel (and the Word
> of God found in the Holy Writ) qualify as idolatry don't you?

And you DO understand, don't you, that you're batshit crazy? And
desperately need meds?

No, wait, that's not it. You're fucking batshit crazy.

--
JD

"...if you think the 'Star Wars' prequels are a disease, then
'Serenity' is the cure."

us4...@att.net

Jan 2, 2011, 10:46:28 PM1/2/11
Caranx latus <kar...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>On Jan 2, 4:06 pm, us4z...@att.net wrote:
>> "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17)
>>
>> Yes, 100 million copies of the Holy Writ are sold every single week. Obviously, the Bible is indeed considered to be more than the mere words of men but
>> rather....the "Word of God". Not only is the Holy Bible the best seller of all time... but folks are buying it at a rate of 100 million copies per week at the
>> present time:
>>
>> World's Best Selling Book
>>
>> "The world best selling book is the bible it sells 100 million copies per week."
>>
>> Read more:http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_world%27s_best_selling_book#ixz...
>

>Ummm... there is no more to read at that location. Just the naked
>assertion that you've referred to. And you found it compelling... why?
>
>If the Bible is selling at the claimed rate, and has been selling at
>that rate for any length of time, then don't you think it should have
>sold far more than 6,000,000,000 by now? Do the math. 6 billion
>divided by 100 million is 60. 60 weeks. Does that actually make sense
>to you?

Sure. The figure of 6 billion is old (from 1992). It could be 100 billion by now seeing that the Holy Writ has been translated into more than 2,000 languages.

Top Ten Best Selling Books of All Time

Number 1: The Bible
It is quite difficult to find out the exact number of Bible copies printed or distributed, however, as per the Bible Society's attempts to count the number of
Bible copies printed between 1816 and 1975, the number of copies crossed the 2 billion mark. However, in a survey conducted in 1992, the figure touched almost 6
billion. The Bible has been translated into more than 2000 languages and dialects. Further translation into other languages is also on the way. Despite the
uncertainty about exact figures, it is a common consensus that the Bible is the number 1 best selling book of all time

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/best-selling-books-of-all-time.html

Why are you so skeptical?

u4z

Hollis Brown

Jan 2, 2011, 11:03:42 PM1/2/11
Yes, uzi, the world loves fantasy fiction. How many times will you be
starting this same thread? That's kooky troll stuff. You a kooky
troll?

HB

osugeography

Jan 2, 2011, 11:11:02 PM1/2/11
> >osugeogra...@aol.com- Hide quoted text -

How remarkable. I, along with others you mentioned, cause folks to buy
Bibles? By pointing out your egregious errors in math?

My admonition was simply for you to tell the truth. Your lead-off line
was "Yes, 100 million copies of the Holy Writ are sold every single
week", and that was what I addressed, not whether or not the Bible is
the best-selling book, which I informally accept.

You tried to use a falsehood to make a point. Your math error was
glaring. Yet you have neither acknowledged your error, or admitted the
cause.

Considering the nature of the error: was it deliberate, or was it
accidental?

I didn't mock the Bible, my comments were directed at you. If an
atheist or agnostic made the same error, I would point it out.

You dodge and obfuscate. You wrote, maybe for purposes of obfuscation
or distraction:

"I have yet to turn it on mind you. So far there is no need for me to
even crank it up. Seeing as how you idjuts can barely handle "facts",
it would be a bit of
overkill if I were to fire truth from all cylinders. "

Well, as one of the "idjuts" here, in your post, you gave no facts to
handle, as your topic sentence was untrue.

And "fire truth from all cylinders" sounds like you, and seven other
clones, firing poorly orchestrated flatulence from all eight
cylinders.

And finally, I have have nothing against many, maybe most Christians,
or other believers. I have known many that were persons of the highest
moral rectitude. I proudly studied under a former Mennonite missionary
who became a full professor, and retained his faith. He, and many
other Christians, would likely judge you much more harshly than I.

You are arrogant, prideful, and judgemental.

And besides that, you have no math skills.

Marvin Sebourn
osugeo...@aol.com

Loirbaj

Jan 2, 2011, 11:26:49 PM1/2/11
us4z wrote:
> "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17)
>
> Yes, 100 million copies of the Holy Writ are sold every single week. Obviously, the Bible is indeed considered to be more than the mere words of men but
> rather....the "Word of God". Not only is the Holy Bible the best seller of all time... but folks are buying it at a rate of 100 million copies per week at the
> present time:
>
> World's Best Selling Book
>
> "The world best selling book is the bible it sells 100 million copies per week."> Did you ever wonder what was the first mass produced book?

> The first mass produced printed book was the Bible, a version based on the Latin edition from about 380 AD.. The Bible was printed at Mainz, Germany by Johannes
> Gutenberg from 1452 -1455.. Although German bibliographers claim that it was may also have been finished and perfected by Johann Fust, a wealthy financier who
> gained Gutenberg's share of the business in a lawsuit; and Peter Sch ffer, Gutenberg's assistant.  > Top Ten Best Selling Books of All Time

> Number 1: The Bible
> It is quite difficult to find out the exact number of Bible copies printed or distributed, however, as per the Bible Society's attempts to count the number of
> Bible copies printed between 1816 and 1975, the number of copies crossed the 2 billion mark. However, in a survey conducted in 1992, the figure touched almost 6
> billion. The Bible has been translated into more than 2000 languages and dialects. Further translation into other languages is also on the way. Despite the
> uncertainty about exact figures, it is a common consensus that the Bible is the number 1 best selling book of all time.

No religionist I, but have read your Holy Bible several times. Every
US president sworn in on it, every judge, every congressman. Your
Black Book strikes hyper anxiety, it seems, in the dark hearts of
atheists, felons, and other perverts. CDarwin so much feared it, he
raved it was "a damnable doctrine". It called back Sir Anthony Flew,
the world's leading atheist from the brink and, I cannot say as I am a
skeptic, it may have pre-empted Sir Anthony from transiting to an
eternal furnace of Hellfire.

Virgil

Jan 2, 2011, 11:31:01 PM1/2/11
In article <ifreqn$18j$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
"Zacharias Mulletstein" <zmulle...@isright.com> wrote:

You may have been baptized into that heresy, but not born into it.

us4...@att.net

Jan 2, 2011, 11:31:37 PM1/2/11
osugeography <osugeo...@aol.com> wrote:

Like others I've encountered here, historical documentation, facts, statistics, and large numbers cause you mental anguish when they go against your idolatrous
ideologies.

So even though I've yet to fire on all cylinders or even crank the engine.... have no doubt that you've met one who operates by the fundamentals.

And BTW I am in the process of creating my very own personal top 10 false prophets list. So far I have only 4 entries. Fear not, you do not even come close to
even beginning to be an applicant for the #5 entry. Heck, as far as I know you know nothing atall about the Holy Writ, God, and or the Israeli commonwealth and
the Kingdom.

More than likely you are merely a snipper. A "snipper" is one who skims over the Bible and "snips" out the parts he/she disagrees with. "Snippers" come in 3
basic forms:

1) the independent snipper

2) the ideological snipper

3) the cult snipper

Obviously, such things are topics for other threads.

u4z

us4...@att.net

Jan 2, 2011, 11:36:52 PM1/2/11
Loirbaj <Rhod...@wmconnect.com> wrote:

Good. No wait... that is great.

Here in America we have the freedom to express beliefs whatever they may be... thanks to our Christian founding fathers.

u4z

John Locke

Jan 2, 2011, 11:40:31 PM1/2/11
On Sun, 2 Jan 2011 13:46:51 -0800 (PST), AllSeeing-I
<allse...@usa.com> wrote:

>On Jan 2, 3:18�pm, Caranx latus <kar...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>> On Jan 2, 4:06�pm, us4z...@att.net wrote:
>>
>> > "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17)
>>
>> > Yes, 100 million copies of the Holy Writ are sold every single week. Obviously, the Bible is indeed considered to be more than the mere words of men but
>> > rather....the "Word of God". Not only is the Holy Bible the best seller of all time... but folks are buying it at a rate of 100 million copies per week at the
>> > present time:
>>
>> > World's Best Selling Book
>>
>> > "The world best selling book is the bible it sells 100 million copies per week."
>>

>> > Read more:http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_world%27s_best_selling_book#ixz...
>>
>> Ummm... there is no more to read at that location. Just the naked
>> assertion that you've referred to. And you found it compelling... why?
>>
>> If the Bible is selling at the claimed rate, and has been selling at
>> that rate for any length of time, then don't you think it should have
>> sold far more than 6,000,000,000 by now? Do the math. 6 billion
>> divided by 100 million is 60. 60 weeks. Does that actually make sense
>> to you?
>>

>> <snip>
>
>You are being anal about the numbers.
>
>The point is the same. The bible is the most printed and most
>purchased book in the history of the world.

...most Bible's are given away. But it's pointless. Just because
people are buying snake oil doesn't mean it cures warts.

""All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian,
or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to
terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."
-- Thomas Paine

Caranx latus

Jan 2, 2011, 11:41:39 PM1/2/11
On Jan 2, 4:46 pm, AllSeeing-I <allseei...@usa.com> wrote:
> On Jan 2, 3:18 pm, Caranx latus <kar...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>

> > On Jan 2, 4:06 pm, us4z...@att.net wrote:
>
> > > "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17)
>
> > > Yes, 100 million copies of the Holy Writ are sold every single week. Obviously, the Bible is indeed considered to be more than the mere words of men but
> > > rather....the "Word of God". Not only is the Holy Bible the best seller of all time... but folks are buying it at a rate of 100 million copies per week at the
> > > present time:
>
> > > World's Best Selling Book
>
> > > "The world best selling book is the bible it sells 100 million copies per week."
>
> > > Read more:http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_world%27s_best_selling_book#ixz...
>
> > Ummm... there is no more to read at that location. Just the naked
> > assertion that you've referred to. And you found it compelling... why?
>
> > If the Bible is selling at the claimed rate, and has been selling at
> > that rate for any length of time, then don't you think it should have
> > sold far more than 6,000,000,000 by now? Do the math. 6 billion
> > divided by 100 million is 60. 60 weeks. Does that actually make sense
> > to you?
>
> > <snip>
>
> You are being anal about the numbers.

Sorry, [M]adape. You're still boring.

> The point is the same. The bible is the most printed and most
> purchased book in the history of the world.

Never said otherwise. Pay attention.

Caranx latus

Jan 2, 2011, 11:44:39 PM1/2/11
On Jan 2, 10:46 pm, us4z...@att.net wrote:
> Caranx latus <kar...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> >On Jan 2, 4:06 pm, us4z...@att.net wrote:
> >> "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17)
>
> >> Yes, 100 million copies of the Holy Writ are sold every single week. Obviously, the Bible is indeed considered to be more than the mere words of men but
> >> rather....the "Word of God". Not only is the Holy Bible the best seller of all time... but folks are buying it at a rate of 100 million copies per week at the
> >> present time:
>
> >> World's Best Selling Book
>
> >> "The world best selling book is the bible it sells 100 million copies per week."
>
> >> Read more:http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_world%27s_best_selling_book#ixz...
>
> >Ummm... there is no more to read at that location. Just the naked
> >assertion that you've referred to. And you found it compelling... why?
>
> >If the Bible is selling at the claimed rate, and has been selling at
> >that rate for any length of time, then don't you think it should have
> >sold far more than 6,000,000,000 by now? Do the math. 6 billion
> >divided by 100 million is 60. 60 weeks. Does that actually make sense
> >to you?
>
> Sure. The figure of 6 billion is old (from 1992). It could be 100 billion by now seeing that the Holy Writ has been translated into more than 2,000 languages.

I suppose it could be 100 billion. I also suppose that it could be 6.1
billion. I can suppose anything I like. What I choose to suppose has
no bearing on reality, unfortunately.

If you don't know what the number is right now, please say that you
don't know. Don't just pull a number out of your ass and parade it
around like it's somehow meaningful.

<snip>

us4...@att.net

Jan 2, 2011, 11:50:56 PM1/2/11
John Locke <johnlo...@comcast.net> wrote:

For the record "best selling" does not mean "given away". It means that the books were actually purchased.

[...]

An example of "pointless" would be to expect anyone to look at a teeny bone fragment and conclude that man evolved from monkeys.

u4z

osugeography

Jan 3, 2011, 12:40:33 AM1/3/11
> >osugeogra...@aol.com

> Like others I've encountered here, historical documentation, facts, statistics, and large numbers cause you mental anguish when they go against your idolatrous
> ideologies.
>
> So even though I've yet to fire on all cylinders or even crank the engine.... have no doubt that you've met one who operates by the fundamentals.
>
> And BTW I am in the process of creating my very own personal top 10 false prophets list. So far I have only 4 entries. Fear not, you do not even come close to
> even beginning to be an applicant for the #5 entry.  Heck, as far as I know you know nothing atall about the Holy Writ, God, and or the Israeli commonwealth and
> the Kingdom.
>
> More than likely you are merely a snipper. A "snipper" is one who skims over the Bible and "snips" out the parts he/she disagrees with. "Snippers" come in 3
> basic forms:
>
> 1) the independent snipper
>
> 2) the ideological snipper
>
> 3) the cult snipper
>
> Obviously, such things are topics for other threads.
>
> u4z

Poor U4Z, unable to address even one point I raised.

You ignore your lies or mistakes.
You refuse to address any of my points.
You continue to obfuscate.

You don't act like a true Christian.
You practice to deceive.
Get back on track here or don't bother me with your silly and clumsy
obfuscations.

Marvin Sebourn
osugeo...@aol.com

Oh--one other thing. At first glance you espouse Christianity. It
doesn't take long to see that you set yourself up as a very poor
Christian example, much inferior to Dave, or even ASI.

Mike Painter

Jan 3, 2011, 1:52:28 AM1/3/11

This reminds me of how 10^50 became 10^ 150th.

100 million a week
10 weeks = 1 billion
20 weeks = *every* Christian in the World has at least one copy.

60 weeks and we now have 12 billion copies floating around.

2012. as predictd by the Mayans, the world ended in 2012 as every living
thing drowned in bibles.
Christ never made it back, the paper shortage held up his paperwork.

2013 The Maritian land and the Martian who knocked up a virgin 2000 years
ago is quoted as saying
"We don't need no stinkin' guns."

us4...@att.net

Jan 3, 2011, 2:32:41 AM1/3/11
osugeography <osugeo...@aol.com> wrote:

FYI... a true Christian has no need to "act" atall.

What made you think that a Christian should have to "act" in some fashion or another so as to be approved by someone else?

Are you Catholic?

u4z

us4...@att.net

Jan 3, 2011, 2:32:41 AM1/3/11
Caranx latus <kar...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

How many copies of Darwin's "Origins of the Species" have been sold?

u4z

Devils Advocaat

Jan 3, 2011, 3:19:16 AM1/3/11
On Jan 2, 9:06 pm, us4z...@att.net wrote:
> "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17)
>
> Yes, 100 million copies of the Holy Writ are sold every single week.

How do you come to that figure us4z?

Especially as the latest International Bulletin of Missionary Research
report shows just over 71 million Bibles distributed annually and just
over 1.7 billion Bibles in place by mid-2011.

Pepsi

Jan 3, 2011, 3:23:35 AM1/3/11

<us4...@att.net> wrote in message

> "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Romans
> 10:17)
>
> Yes, 100 million copies of the Holy Writ are sold every single week.
> Obviously, the Bible is indeed considered to be more than the mere words
> of men but
> rather....the "Word of God". Not only is the Holy Bible the best seller of
> all time... but folks are buying it at a rate of 100 million copies per
> week at the
> present time:

Obviously, you don't know shit.
Now ... about that VALID, rational, evidence FOR (your)
god.......................???????????????????????

Stan McCann

Jan 3, 2011, 3:24:36 AM1/3/11
Devils Advocaat <mank...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=87554

By Angela Williams First Coast News

JACKSONVILLE, FL -- Walk in any book store and you'll find a copy of it.
The Bible is labeled the best selling book in the world.

But since July 21, another best-seller is making its way up the charts.

"I know mom is getting me a copy because I've been reading them so
hard," said one Harry Potter fan.

Stan McCann st...@surecann.com

Jeanne Douglas

Jan 3, 2011, 3:32:30 AM1/3/11
In article <kau2i6pkhvbc1mhqq...@4ax.com>,
us4...@att.net wrote:

> How many copies of Darwin's "Origins of the Species" have been sold?

What possible relevance does that have?

To either this discussion or the reality of the world?

In other words, nobody gives a shit but you. And I think I speak for all
when I say we ain't doing your research for you. Of course, if you do
your own research, we fell obligated to point out any distortions or
falsehoods in what you present.

Jeanne Douglas

Jan 3, 2011, 3:34:45 AM1/3/11
In article <e4l2i65tjh4210glk...@4ax.com>,
us4...@att.net wrote:

> An example of "pointless" would be to expect anyone to look at a teeny bone
> fragment and conclude that man evolved from monkeys.

Why, yes, that WOULD be pointless. But since not one single person has
ever said such a thing, your statement is the most pointless thing of
all in this conversations.

Jeanne Douglas

Jan 3, 2011, 3:39:49 AM1/3/11
In article <raj2i69qkddlr9mg1...@4ax.com>,
us4...@att.net wrote:

> Like others I've encountered here, historical documentation, facts,
> statistics, and large numbers cause you mental anguish when they go against
> your idolatrous
> ideologies.
>
> So even though I've yet to fire on all cylinders or even crank the engine....
> have no doubt that you've met one who operates by the fundamentals.
>
> And BTW I am in the process of creating my very own personal top 10 false
> prophets list. So far I have only 4 entries. Fear not, you do not even come
> close to
> even beginning to be an applicant for the #5 entry. Heck, as far as I know
> you know nothing atall about the Holy Writ, God, and or the Israeli
> commonwealth and
> the Kingdom.
>
> More than likely you are merely a snipper. A "snipper" is one who skims over
> the Bible and "snips" out the parts he/she disagrees with. "Snippers" come in
> 3
> basic forms:
>
> 1) the independent snipper
>
> 2) the ideological snipper
>
> 3) the cult snipper
>
> Obviously, such things are topics for other threads.

Ohmigosh, that's the funniest thing I've read in ages!

You are entertaining, but you're really going so far over the top you're
starting to give yourself away.

Jeanne Douglas

Jan 3, 2011, 3:43:12 AM1/3/11
In article <ahu2i6hjgqcsprktb...@4ax.com>,
us4...@att.net wrote:

> FYI... a true Christian has no need to "act" atall.
>
> What made you think that a Christian should have to "act" in some fashion or
> another so as to be approved by someone else?

Now, see, there's another clue giving yourself away, you silly goose, by
going way overboard.

Because every Christian would KNOW that Jesus wanted his followers to be
humble.

panam...@hotmail.com

Jan 3, 2011, 3:47:23 AM1/3/11
On Jan 2, 4:06 pm, us4z...@att.net scrawled in urine on the floor of
his padded cell:

snip

So what? Hannah Montanna sells more copies of her records in a week
than anybody who actually writes their own music does in a month.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23051344/ns/business-us_business/

Your mistake in posting that crap here is called "Argumentum Ad
Populum".

http://philosophy.lander.edu/logic/popular.html

IOW: It doesn't matter how many people believe a stupid thing...in the
end, a stupid idea is still stupid.

-Panama Floyd, Atlanta.
aa#2015, Member Knights of BAAWA!
"..the prayer cloth of one aeon is the doormat of the next."
-Mark Twain

Religious societies are *less* moral than secular ones:
http://moses.creighton.edu/JRS/2005/2005-11.html

James Dale Guckert

Jan 3, 2011, 4:12:40 AM1/3/11
On 1/2/11 3:53 PM, Ralph wrote:

> So??? Does that make it true?????

For some people, yes.

Or they are just like football fetishists, claiming superiority over
others when their team wins the World Series or whatever.

--
JDG

James Dale Guckert

Jan 3, 2011, 4:14:15 AM1/3/11
On 1/2/11 7:46 PM, us4...@att.net wrote:
> It could be 100 billion by now

That's how many copies for each person who has ever existed anywhere?

Do you even know?

Look it up. You may find yourself laughing at your numbers.

--
JDG

James Dale Guckert

Jan 3, 2011, 4:15:47 AM1/3/11
On 1/2/11 7:31 PM, us4...@att.net wrote:
> It's folks like you, Uncle Vic, Virgil, Bob and the other false prophets which cause so many folks to buy Bibles.

You wish.

--
JDG

James Dale Guckert

Jan 3, 2011, 4:18:48 AM1/3/11
On 1/2/11 2:06 PM, Eris wrote:
> I thought Bibles where forced on people for free, not bought.

I voluntarily took one from a motel once. No force necessary. It's my
only copy. Oops... and the free one I downloaded from the Kindle store
for my computer.

Lots of atheists freely admit to owning a copy. It's what one does with
it that makes all the difference.

--
JDG

Bob LeChevalier

Jan 3, 2011, 4:19:02 AM1/3/11
us4...@att.net wrote:
>For the record "best selling" does not mean "given away". It means that the books were actually purchased.

Your evidence is lacking.

>http://home.comcast.net/~antaylor1/bestsellingbooks.html

Not evidence.

lojbab
---
Bob LeChevalier - artificial linguist; genealogist
loj...@lojban.org Lojban language www.lojban.org

Bob LeChevalier

Jan 3, 2011, 4:25:16 AM1/3/11
us4...@att.net wrote:
>Sure. The figure of 6 billion is old (from 1992). It could be 100 billion by now

No it couldn't

>seeing that the Holy Writ has been translated into more than 2,000 languages.

Not since 1992.

>It is quite difficult to find out the exact number of Bible copies printed or distributed,

A statement that you ignore.

>however, as per the Bible Society's attempts

"attempts"

No accounts of methodology or sources.

>to count the number of Bible copies printed between 1816 and 1975, the number of copies crossed the 2 billion mark.

That would argue against a 6 billion number.

>However, in a survey conducted in 1992,

"survey" usually = "poll". Polls are worthless.

No accounts of methodology or sources.

>the figure touched almost 6 billion.

"touched almost"?? Weasel words. If they got a figure, it should be
stated with the estimated error

>The Bible has been translated into more than 2000 languages and dialects.

[yawn]

So there are groups that want to proselytize minorities. So what?

>Despite the uncertainty about exact figures

Another statement that you ignore.

>it is a common consensus that the Bible is the number 1 best selling book of all time

The consensus is wrong unless supported by more evidence than this.

>http://www.buzzle.com/articles/best-selling-books-of-all-time.html

Not evidence

>Why are you so skeptical?

Because skepticism is intelligent.

Bob LeChevalier

Jan 3, 2011, 4:28:14 AM1/3/11
us4...@att.net wrote:
>It's folks like you, Uncle Vic, Virgil, Bob and the other false prophets which cause so many folks to buy Bibles.

I rather doubt that anyone has ever bought a Bible because of me,
except me.

>I have yet to turn it on mind you. So far there is no need for me to even crank it up. Seeing as how you idjuts can barely handle "facts", it would be a bit of
>overkill if I were to fire truth from all cylinders.

You certainly aren't firing on all cylinders. Otherwise the above
makes no sense.

No one cares whether you are turned on, unless you are perhaps in bed
with someone for carnal passion. In which case, you wouldn't be
posting to Usenet.

Loirbaj

Jan 3, 2011, 5:42:34 AM1/3/11

I wonder what would be the equivalent of the atheist Bible? Das
Kapital by Marx?

Caranx latus

Jan 3, 2011, 9:45:51 AM1/3/11

I thought we were discussing the sales figure on the Bible. Was the
question that you posed your oblique way of saying that you don't know
what the sales figures for the Bible are?

Syd M.

Jan 3, 2011, 11:56:59 AM1/3/11
On Jan 2, 4:47 pm, AllSeeing-I <allseei...@usa.com> wrote:

> On Jan 2, 3:28 pm, "Syd M." <pdwrigh...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jan 2, 4:06 pm, us4z...@att.net wrote:
>
> > > "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17)
>
> > > Yes, 100 million copies of the Holy Writ are sold every single week.
>
> > So what? A million people can still be wrong.
>
> > PDW
>
> Like the millions that believe in evolution.

Wrong, Assman.

PDW

Syd M.

Jan 3, 2011, 11:57:39 AM1/3/11
On Jan 2, 5:33 pm, duke <duckgumb...@cox.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 02 Jan 2011 15:43:53 -0600, Uncle Vic <urkiddingri...@nonono.com> wrote:
> >us4z...@att.net wrote innews:rjp1i6tuna8o910o4...@4ax.com:
> >As if repetition is going to make more converts.
>
> I don't see any atheists being born.

You don't see, period.

PDW

Bob T.

Jan 3, 2011, 12:02:07 PM1/3/11

Not as many as copies of the Harry Potter series, which obviously
proves there is a school of magic called Hogwarts somewhere in
England.

- Bob T

> u4z- Hide quoted text -

IbeDavid

Jan 3, 2011, 12:08:27 PM1/3/11
On Jan 2, 7:37 pm, fr...@skeptictank.org (Armageddon Fred) wrote:
> Virgil <VIR...@VIRGIL.NET> wrote:
> >In article <233e7fd3-fbf9-4900-b518-8780ca4ca...@z9g2000yqz.googlegroups.com>,
> > AllSeeing-I <allseei...@usa.com> wrote:

> >> Like the millions that believe in evolution.
> >o, because they have unequivocal objective physical evidence supporting their belief,
> >which you cretinist IDiots have none of.
>
> Of course nobody believes in evolution any more than they believe in
> gravitation.

True....you can see gravity in operation but slime to 206 bone human
being with a brain dubbed by scientists as THE most complex thing in
the cosmos....has to believed on BY FAITH. A TON of faith . So much
FAITH that no one truly possesses that much. , because such a person
is just too rational for it.

Christopher A. Lee

Jan 3, 2011, 12:08:38 PM1/3/11

Does anybody actually "believe in evolution", or do they all accept it
as a scientifically derived fact that is simply part of the modern
knowledge base?

Either way, "believe" is the wrong word to use especially when theists
use the word in the context of their own kind of belief.

Christopher A. Lee

Jan 3, 2011, 12:12:23 PM1/3/11
On Mon, 3 Jan 2011 09:02:07 -0800 (PST), "Bob T." <b...@synapse-cs.com>
wrote:

Or Scotland.

Hogsmead station was the very pretty Goathland on the North York Moors
Railway in England but the viaduct where the flying car dodged the
train was Glenfinnan on the West Highland line in Scotland.

Christopher A. Lee

Jan 3, 2011, 12:16:46 PM1/3/11

Somebody remind the narcissistic loonie that in the real world every
child is born trivially atheist, with those who are taught theism by
their parents growing up theist, and those who don't remaining
atheist.

What puzzles me is why he should need to be corrected on this so
often.

It has long since ceased to be an honest mistake, if it ever was one
in the first place which given his track record is doubtful.

harry k

Jan 3, 2011, 1:07:45 PM1/3/11
On Jan 2, 1:06 pm, us4z...@att.net wrote:
> "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17)
>
> Yes, 100 million copies of the Holy Writ are sold every single week. Obviously, the Bible is indeed considered to be more than the mere words of men but
> rather....the "Word of God". Not only is the Holy Bible the best seller of all time... but folks are buying it at a rate of 100 million copies per week at the
> present time:

<snip asinine lies>

If there were anywhere near that many being sold I can make a couple
predictions:

Forests would denuded all over the planet.

We would be ass deep in bibles.

...hmm. I heat with wood, maybe I'll start burning all those
cluttering up my lawn..

Harry K

harry k

Jan 3, 2011, 1:08:43 PM1/3/11
On Jan 2, 1:46 pm, AllSeeing-I <allseei...@usa.com> wrote:
> On Jan 2, 3:18 pm, Caranx latus <kar...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> > On Jan 2, 4:06 pm, us4z...@att.net wrote:
>
> > > "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17)
>
> > > Yes, 100 million copies of the Holy Writ are sold every single week. Obviously, the Bible is indeed considered to be more than the mere words of men but
> > > rather....the "Word of God". Not only is the Holy Bible the best seller of all time... but folks are buying it at a rate of 100 million copies per week at the
> > > present time:
>
> > > World's Best Selling Book
>
> > > "The world best selling book is the bible it sells 100 million copies per week."
>
> > > Read more:http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_world%27s_best_selling_book#ixz...
>
> > Ummm... there is no more to read at that location. Just the naked
> > assertion that you've referred to. And you found it compelling... why?
>
> > If the Bible is selling at the claimed rate, and has been selling at
> > that rate for any length of time, then don't you think it should have
> > sold far more than 6,000,000,000 by now? Do the math. 6 billion
> > divided by 100 million is 60. 60 weeks. Does that actually make sense
> > to you?
>
> > <snip>
>
> You are being anal about the numbers.
>
> The point is the same. The bible is the most printed and most
> purchased book in the history of the world.- Hide quoted text -

Odd how numbers usually expose the creationists lies isn't it?

Harry K

Loirbaj

Jan 3, 2011, 1:38:34 PM1/3/11
> > Of course nobody believes in evolution any more than they believe in
> > gravitation.

Does Gravity operate on the earth, pluto, the moon, venus? Yes. It is
real. Does "Natural Selection" operate on the moon, venus, jupiter?
No. It is a victorian embarrassment masquerading as "science". End of
story.

Andre Lieven

Jan 3, 2011, 2:17:46 PM1/3/11
On Jan 3, 1:38 pm, Loirbaj <Rhodi...@disconnect.kook> moronised:

> > > Of course nobody believes in evolution any more than they believe in
> > > gravitation.
>
> Does Gravity operate on the earth, pluto, the moon, venus? Yes. It is
> real. Does "Natural Selection" operate on the moon, venus, jupiter?

Since evolution can ONLY work where there IS life, your analogy
is especially STOOPID.

> No. It is a victorian embarrassment masquerading as "science". End of
> story.

-That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without
evidence.-

Evolution is well supported by 150 years of reviewed evidence.
www.talkorigins.org
Cretinism is supported by... NONE at all.

That's the 'end of story'. QED, dumbass.

Andre

Dakota

Jan 3, 2011, 2:30:09 PM1/3/11
On Mon 1/3/11 11:02, Bob T. wrote:
> On Jan 2, 11:32 pm, us4z...@att.net wrote:
>> Caranx latus<kar...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

Anyone who believes that there are 100 billion Bibles would believe in
talking snakes and a guy living in a 'great' fish for a few days. Oh
yeah. That's what bible thumpers believe anyway.

Here's the world's population:

World 6,891,229,088
19:22 UTC (EST+5) Jan 03, 2011

http://www.census.gov/main/www/popclock.html

100 billion Bibles would be enough for every person on the planet to
have 14 copies.

Syd M.

Jan 3, 2011, 3:28:15 PM1/3/11
On Jan 3, 12:08 pm, IbeDavid <norman...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 2, 7:37 pm, fr...@skeptictank.org (Armageddon Fred) wrote:
>
> > Virgil <VIR...@VIRGIL.NET> wrote:
> > >o, because they have unequivocal objective physical evidence supporting their belief,
> > >which you cretinist IDiots have none of.
>
> > Of course nobody believes in evolution any more than they believe in
> > gravitation.
>
> True....you can see gravity in operation but slime to 206 bone human
> being with a brain dubbed by scientists as THE most complex thing in
> the cosmos....has to believed on BY FAITH.

Still wrong, Davie, no matter how many times you repeat this lie.
It is believed on EVIDENCE. Nothing more.

PDW

Syd M.

Jan 3, 2011, 3:29:30 PM1/3/11
On Jan 3, 12:08 pm, Christopher A. Lee <ca...@optonline.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Jan 2011 08:56:59 -0800 (PST), "Syd M."
>

> <pdwrigh...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> >> Like the millions that believe in evolution.
>
> >Wrong, Assman.
>
> >PDW
>
> Does anybody actually "believe in evolution", or do they all accept it
> as a scientifically derived fact that is simply part of the modern
> knowledge base?
>
> Either way, "believe" is the wrong word to use especially when theists
> use the word in the context of their own kind of belief.

Yep. But Davie is just so opposed to TOE that his mind shorts out
thinking about it.

PDW

Jeanne Douglas

Jan 3, 2011, 3:44:23 PM1/3/11

No.

Jeanne Douglas

Jan 3, 2011, 3:45:19 PM1/3/11

Incorrect.

Absolutely zero faith is necessary because we have actual evidence.

JD

Mike Painter

Jan 3, 2011, 4:18:18 PM1/3/11
us4...@att.net wrote:
>>> Sure. The figure of 6 billion is old (from 1992). It could be 100
>>> billion by now seeing that the Holy Writ has been translated into
>>> more than 2,000 languages.
>>
>> I suppose it could be 100 billion. I also suppose that it could be
>> 6.1 billion. I can suppose anything I like. What I choose to suppose
>> has no bearing on reality, unfortunately.
>>
>> If you don't know what the number is right now, please say that you
>> don't know. Don't just pull a number out of your ass and parade it
>> around like it's somehow meaningful.
>
> How many copies of Darwin's "Origins of the Species" have been sold?

Only 14 have been sold but pirated copies have been given and read by
everyone in the world, except you.
I am now going to put my fingers in my ears and yell "YA, YA, YA" until you
go away or admit I am right.

It is so much easier to just make things up/

Smiler

Jan 3, 2011, 8:37:01 PM1/3/11

With the world shortage of toilet paper, caused by the printing of 100
million bibles per week, you'd do better to use them to wipe your arse
with...

--
Smiler,
The godless one. a.a.# 2279

Dakota

Jan 3, 2011, 8:57:25 PM1/3/11
On Mon 1/3/11 19:37, Smiler wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Jan 2011 10:07:45 -0800, harry k wrote:
>
>> On Jan 2, 1:06 pm, us4z...@att.net wrote:
>>> "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."
>>> (Romans 10:17)
>>>
>>> Yes, 100 million copies of the Holy Writ are sold every single week.
>>> Obviously, the Bible is indeed considered to be more than the mere
>>> words of men but rather....the "Word of God". Not only is the Holy
>>> Bible the best seller of all time... but folks are buying it at a rate
>>> of 100 million copies per week at the present time:
>>>

>> <snip asinine lies>
>>
>> If there were anywhere near that many being sold I can make a couple
>> predictions:
>>
>> Forests would denuded all over the planet.
>>
>> We would be ass deep in bibles.
>>
>> ...hmm. I heat with wood, maybe I'll start burning all those cluttering
>> up my lawn..
>>

> With the world shortage of toilet paper, caused by the printing of 100
> million bibles per week, you'd do better to use them to wipe your arse
> with...

Even if there were only a handful of copies, that's a better use than
reading them.

Armageddon Fred

Jan 3, 2011, 9:18:11 PM1/3/11
"Zacharias Mulletstein" <zmulle...@isright.com> wrote:

>"Smiler" <Smi...@JoeKing.com> wrote in message

>> On Sun, 02 Jan 2011 16:33:15 -0600, duke wrote:

>>> I don't see any atheists being born.

>> All children are born atheist. Some are indoctinated into religious
>> beliefs by their parents.
>I wasn't born athiest. I was born a Fundamentalist Christian Pentecostal Warrior.

That's not true, when you were born you were an atheist. We all were.

---
Republicanism: The freedom to obey Christofascists.

Zacharias Mulletstein

Jan 3, 2011, 9:21:02 PM1/3/11

"Armageddon Fred" <fr...@skeptictank.org> wrote in message

Was not. I wasn't a Hard Core Athiest until I was seventeen.

Father Haskell

Jan 3, 2011, 9:26:29 PM1/3/11
On Jan 3, 9:21 pm, "Zacharias Mulletstein" <zmulletst...@isright.com>
wrote:

> "Armageddon Fred" <fr...@skeptictank.org> wrote in message

> > "Zacharias Mulletstein" <zmulletst...@isright.com> wrote:
>
> >>"Smiler" <Smi...@JoeKing.com> wrote in message

> >>I wasn't born athiest.  I was born a Fundamentalist Christian Pentecostal
> >>Warrior.
>
> > That's not true, when you were born you were an atheist. We all were.
>
> Was not.  I wasn't a Hard Core Athiest until I was seventeen.- Hide quoted text -

You never were. You're not a hard core atheist until
you burn a puppy.

Armageddon Fred

Jan 3, 2011, 9:30:11 PM1/3/11

Einstein's 1905 publications would be a good start.

Jimbo

Jan 3, 2011, 9:39:11 PM1/3/11
On Jan 3, 4:18 am, James Dale Guckert <Dipt...@Yahoo.Invalid> wrote:
> On 1/2/11 2:06 PM, Eris wrote:
>
> > I thought Bibles where forced on people for free, not bought.
>
> I voluntarily took one from a motel once. No force necessary. It's my
> only copy. Oops... and the free one I downloaded from the Kindle store
> for my computer.
>
> Lots of atheists freely admit to owning a copy. It's what one does with
> it that makes all the difference.
>
> --
> JDG

I actually have two copies that I inherited, one from each side of the
family, that mainly serves as repositories from genealogical
information. The one that my Grandma O'Quinn gave me has been in the
family for 120 years. They have lost their power to scare any member
of my family into sycophantic spasms for at least the last 50 years
though.

Zacharias Mulletstein

Jan 3, 2011, 9:39:13 PM1/3/11

"Father Haskell" <father...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

You're saying I was an athiest, now you're saying I wasn't an athiest. Make
up your minds already.

Stan McCann

Jan 3, 2011, 9:55:41 PM1/3/11
"Zacharias Mulletstein" <zmulle...@isright.com> wrote in

So what other knowledge were you born with? What other choices did you
make prior to being born?

--
Stan McCann st...@surecann.com

The Chief Instigator

Jan 3, 2011, 9:57:30 PM1/3/11
On Sun, 02 Jan 2011 21:31:45 -0600, us4...@att.net <us4...@att.net> wrote:
> It's folks like you, Uncle Vic, Virgil, Bob and the other false prophets
> which cause so many folks to buy Bibles. When folks see fundies, prophets
> and Jews interacting with pagans (and making false prophets look like
> fools) it undoubtedly causes them to go out and buy Bibles for themselves.
>
> Surely you do not think that folks by the hundreds of millions wake up
> every day and for no reason say "I think I'll go buy a Bible today" do
> you?

You just want your moronic dream to come true. Get off your ass and write
your own. That would be good for a few laughs.

> So keep it up. Keep up the mockery and lies along with your idolatrous
> ways. Perhaps the Holy Writ will top the 100 billion mark in sales
> because of folks like you.

Perhaps literate readers (which you evidently aren't) will wonder what
idiocy you're trying to promote.

> I have yet to turn it on mind you. So far there is no need for me to even
> crank it up. Seeing as how you idjuts can barely handle "facts", it would
> be a bit of overkill if I were to fire truth from all cylinders.

Truth will erase you from history, more likely than not.

> You do understand that ideologies opposed to the God of Israel (and the
> Word of God found in the Holy Writ) qualify as idolatry don't you?
>
> u4z

You do understand that no atheists care about your fetish, don't you?

> [...]

>>> 3 ? ? ? The American Spelling Book ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Noah Webster ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 100 million
>>> 4 ? ? ? Guiness World Records (2003) ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 94 million
>>> 5 ? ? ? The World Almanac and Book of Facts ? ? World Almanac Books ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?73 million
>>>
>>> http://www.booksellerworld.com/bestselling-booksever.htm
>>>
>>> u4z
>>

>>u4z wrote:
>>
>>"folks are buying it (the Bible) at a rate of 100 million copies per week
>>at the present time".
>>

>>100 million Bibles sold a week. Do the math--thats over five billion in a
>>year. Since six billion Bibles (you write) have been sold in "All Time",
>>and over five billion sell every year, total (all-time cumulative) Bible
>>sales must have doubled within the last fourteen months.

Marvin's got you nailed to the wall, Idiot Zion. Live with that displayed
fact.

--
Patrick L. "The Chief Instigator" Humphrey (pat...@io.com) Houston, TX
(http://www.io.com/~patrick) AA #2237

The Chief Instigator

Jan 3, 2011, 10:05:46 PM1/3/11
On Sun, 02 Jan 2011 19:36:17 -0800, Jeanne Douglas <hlw...@NOSPAMpacbell.net> wrote:
> In article <5df2i69hatboj34hc...@4ax.com>,

> us4...@att.net wrote:
>
>> It's folks like you, Uncle Vic, Virgil, Bob and the other false prophets
>> which cause so many folks to buy Bibles. When folks see fundies,
>> prophets and Jews interacting with pagans (and making false prophets look
>> like fools) it undoubtedly causes them to go out and buy Bibles for
>> themselves.
>>
>> Surely you do not think that folks by the hundreds of millions wake up
>> every day and for no reason say "I think I'll go buy a Bible today" do
>> you?
>>
>> So keep it up. Keep up the mockery and lies along with your idolatrous
>> ways. Perhaps the Holy Writ will top the 100 billion mark in sales
>> because of folks like you.
>>
>> I have yet to turn it on mind you. So far there is no need for me to even
>> crank it up. Seeing as how you idjuts can barely handle "facts", it
>> would be a bit of overkill if I were to fire truth from all cylinders.
>>
>> You do understand that ideologies opposed to the God of Israel (and the
>> Word of God found in the Holy Writ) qualify as idolatry don't you?
>
> And you DO understand, don't you, that you're batshit crazy? And
> desperately need meds?
>
> No, wait, that's not it. You're fucking batshit crazy.

And he's going out tonight, to kick out every light. (Nickleback will not
be amused. ;-)

Father Haskell

Jan 3, 2011, 10:06:28 PM1/3/11
On Jan 3, 9:39 pm, "Zacharias Mulletstein" <zmulletst...@isright.com>
wrote:
> "Father Haskell" <fatherhask...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> up your minds already.- Hide quoted text -

That's the rules. No complementary Tupperware storage set
until you burn the puppy.

The Chief Instigator

Jan 3, 2011, 10:10:49 PM1/3/11
On Mon, 3 Jan 2011 02:42:34 -0800 (PST), Loirbaj <Rhod...@wmconnect.com> wrote:

> I wonder what would be the equivalent of the atheist Bible? Das
> Kapital by Marx?

Not at all, Jabberdrunky. You'll never figure it out for a reason obvious
to everyone but you and your fellow idiot godsuckers.

The Chief Instigator

Jan 3, 2011, 10:13:32 PM1/3/11
On Sun, 2 Jan 2011 13:18:52 -0800 (PST), Caranx latus <kar...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> On Jan 2, 4:06?pm, us4z...@att.net wrote:
>> "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17)
>>
>> Yes, 100 million copies of the Holy Writ are sold every single week. Obviously, the Bible is indeed considered to be more than the mere words of men but
>> rather....the "Word of God". Not only is the Holy Bible the best seller of all time... but folks are buying it at a rate of 100 million copies per week at the
>> present time:
>>
>> World's Best Selling Book
>>
>> "The world best selling book is the bible it sells 100 million copies per week."
>>
>> Read more:http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_world%27s_best_selling_book#ixz...
>
> Ummm... there is no more to read at that location. Just the naked
> assertion that you've referred to. And you found it compelling... why?
>
> If the Bible is selling at the claimed rate, and has been selling at
> that rate for any length of time, then don't you think it should have
> sold far more than 6,000,000,000 by now? Do the math. 6 billion
> divided by 100 million is 60. 60 weeks. Does that actually make sense
> to you?
>
><snip>

He can't count to ten without screwing up three or four times, given his
displayed *ahem* intelligence.

The Chief Instigator

Jan 3, 2011, 10:27:31 PM1/3/11
On Sun, 2 Jan 2011 20:26:49 -0800 (PST), Loirbaj <Rhod...@wmconnect.com> wrote:
> us4z wrote:
>> "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17)
>>
>> Yes, 100 million copies of the Holy Writ are sold every single week. Obviously, the Bible is indeed considered to be more than the mere words of men but
>> rather....the "Word of God". Not only is the Holy Bible the best seller of all time... but folks are buying it at a rate of 100 million copies per week at the
>> present time:
>>
>> World's Best Selling Book
>>
>> "The world best selling book is the bible it sells 100 million copies per week."> Did you ever wonder what was the first mass produced book?

>> The first mass produced printed book was the Bible, a version based on the Latin edition from about 380 AD.. The Bible was printed at Mainz, Germany by Johannes
>> Gutenberg from 1452 -1455.. Although German bibliographers claim that it was may also have been finished and perfected by Johann Fust, a wealthy financier who
>> gained Gutenberg's share of the business in a lawsuit; and Peter Sch ffer, Gutenberg's assistant. ?> Top Ten Best Selling Books of All Time
>>
>> Number 1: The Bible

>> It is quite difficult to find out the exact number of Bible copies printed or distributed, however, as per the Bible Society's attempts to count the number of
>> Bible copies printed between 1816 and 1975, the number of copies crossed the 2 billion mark. However, in a survey conducted in 1992, the figure touched almost 6
>> billion. The Bible has been translated into more than 2000 languages and dialects. Further translation into other languages is also on the way. Despite the
>> uncertainty about exact figures, it is a common consensus that the Bible is the number 1 best selling book of all time.
>
> No religionist I, but have read your Holy Bible several times. Every US
> president sworn in on it, every judge, every congressman. Your Black Book
> strikes hyper anxiety, it seems, in the dark hearts of atheists, felons,
> and other perverts. CDarwin so much feared it, he raved it was "a
> damnable doctrine". It called back Sir Anthony Flew, the world's leading
> atheist from the brink and, I cannot say as I am a skeptic, it may have
> pre-empted Sir Anthony from transiting to an eternal furnace of Hellfire.

Could you post while not abusing psychotropics?

harry k

Jan 3, 2011, 11:38:17 PM1/3/11

There is a very rapid falling away from religion. I am in what was a
very Catholic rural area, small town, Catholic church was very active
back when I was a kid, mass every day, several on Sunday, associated
catholic school, etc. Now? One mass on sunday to an almost deserted
church, priest shared whith other small towns. Rest of town has the
usual splinter Protestant churches scattered around and attendance is
about the same as the RCC. Only real operating church anymore is the
Mormons.

Speaking of falling away: My family was large - 9 of us kids, all
brought up "right" including one sister who was a novitiate in a
nunnery and attended a catholic grade school. When my mother died
several years ago the usual mass was well attended - we were all
there. Not one of us took communion and that includes the sister. I
personally have only been to church since I was 18 (old enough to
think for myselft and recognize the "man behind th curtain" didn't
exist) for weddings and funerals.

Harry K

harry k

Jan 3, 2011, 11:39:26 PM1/3/11

That is the most asinine reasoning I have seen in a long, long time.

Harry K

harry k

Jan 3, 2011, 11:41:47 PM1/3/11
> reading them.- Hide quoted text -

They might even make better sense _after_ use.

Harry K

Kadaitcha Man

Jan 3, 2011, 11:55:29 PM1/3/11
harry k, come, ye are a spongey hog sucker. Ye are a pot-bellied foe
to citizens, a podgy slut, a clouted rat without a tail, an errant
goblin, an index and obscure prologue to the history of lust and foul
thoughts. Ye despaired:

Clearly then, you do not read your own posts.

--
chickenhawk : n. Hershey highwayman (qv) who prays on said chickens.

AllSeeing-I

Jan 4, 2011, 5:33:48 AM1/4/11
On Jan 2, 3:55 pm, Uncle Vic <urkiddingri...@nonono.com> wrote:
> AllSeeing-I <allseei...@usa.com> wrote in news:de3c9b76-b2ea-4462-a67a-
> deea924ab...@i18g2000yqn.googlegroups.com:
>
> > The point is the same. The bible is the most printed and most
> > purchased book in the history of the world.
>
> And this fact is repeated constantly ad-nauseum by christers.  Why?  What
> does it prove?  A widely held lie is still a lie.

Not likely to be a lie. A lie would have been tossed out by now.

The numbers show the bible is still most popular.

> --
> Uncle Vic
> AA # 2011
>
> Member EAC Bitchslapping Dept.

AllSeeing-I

Jan 4, 2011, 5:37:37 AM1/4/11
On Jan 2, 5:53 pm, Ralph <mmman...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 1/2/2011 4:46 PM, AllSeeing-I wrote:

> >> Ummm... there is no more to read at that location. Just the naked
> >> assertion that you've referred to. And you found it compelling... why?
>
> >> If the Bible is selling at the claimed rate, and has been selling at
> >> that rate for any length of time, then don't you think it should have
> >> sold far more than 6,000,000,000 by now? Do the math. 6 billion
> >> divided by 100 million is 60. 60 weeks. Does that actually make sense
> >> to you?
>
> >> <snip>
>
> > You are being anal about the numbers.

> > The point is the same. The bible is the most printed and most
> > purchased book in the history of the world.
>
> So??? Does that make it true?????- Hide quoted text -

That does not "make it true". However, it does suggest that it is true
or it would not remaine to be so popular --for so long.

IOW if generations of people were not derriving some kind of benefit
they it would have become less popular by now.

AllSeeing-I

Jan 4, 2011, 5:46:52 AM1/4/11
On Jan 3, 8:45 am, Caranx latus <kar...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> On Jan 3, 2:32 am, us4z...@att.net wrote:
>

> > Caranx latus <kar...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> > >I suppose it could be 100 billion. I also suppose that it could be 6.1
> > >billion. I can suppose anything I like. What I choose to suppose has
> > >no bearing on reality, unfortunately.
>
> > >If you don't know what the number is right now, please say that you
> > >don't know. Don't just pull a number out of your ass and parade it
> > >around like it's somehow meaningful.
>
> > How many copies of Darwin's "Origins of the Species" have been sold?

Why is the "exact" number so important to you?

Religious books, especially the Bible and the Qur’an, are probably the
most-printed books, but it is nearly impossible to find reliable
figures about them. Many Bibles are printed and given away free,
instead of being sold. The same goes for some political books, like
the works of Mao Zedong or Adolf Hitler. All such books have been
excluded from this list for those reasons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_books

The point still remains. The bible is one of the most popular books in
history.

Try to keep up Fish

> I thought we were discussing the sales figure on the Bible. Was the
> question that you posed your oblique way of saying that you don't know
> what the sales figures for the Bible are?- Hide quoted text -

Devils Advocaat

Jan 4, 2011, 10:28:22 AM1/4/11
Just because something is popular doesn't make it true.
It is loading more messages.