Living in an Atheist world

Gordon

Mar 6, 2006, 2:41:49 PM3/6/06

Live and let live. Sounds good, doesn't it? But write for me, in, say, a
hundred words, what provisos you feel should restrict atheist behavior in
order to live and let live? What, if you were in my shoes. would you permit
to be betrothed upon the rest of us?

Objectively, you'll find that atheist action is too hit and miss to allow to
go unidentified.

Try to see it from our perspective.

For example, if you're in a movie theatre, you don't care whether the person
punching your ticket is an atheist. Why should you have to? It doesn't
matter, because atheism isn't that pervasive.

However, imagine one day you leave a child at daycare, and, because you
cannot always afford to spend your time guessing about atheists, you forget
to leave a note, and so the atheist daycare woman tries to breastfeed your
daughter while you're away, the Lord out of sight and out of mind.

What just happened here? A technicality. You see, atheism isn't really a
"thing". Atheism first properly took off when trendy identities such and
black and deaf, which had been going strong in the early 80s, started to
wane. They become less attention grabbing. Atheism added a new hook without
the need for more content. If being disabled isn't helping your social
status any, you can always be atheist. That was two decades ago. Now we have
a sideways spread and exponential growth.

Perhaps if atheists spent time rectifying this instead of taking outdated
photos of the earth from space, we might be able to come to an agreement.

_That_ would be live and let live.

Gordon

J Forbes

Mar 6, 2006, 2:48:26 PM3/6/06

Gordon wrote:

some gibberish that I can't comprehend....

Jim

firel...@hotmail.com

Mar 6, 2006, 2:59:08 PM3/6/06
Gordon wrote:
> Live and let live. Sounds good, doesn't it? But write for me, in, say, a
> hundred words, what provisos you feel should restrict atheist behavior in
> order to live and let live? What, if you were in my shoes. would you permit
> to be betrothed upon the rest of us?
>

> Objectively, you'll find that atheist action is too hit and miss to allow to
> go unidentified.
>

> Try to see it from our perspective.

That's pretty easy to do. You tell lies about atheists, and think
this gets you in good with the god you worship. Any questions?

--
Walt Smith
Firelock on DALNet

magilla

Mar 6, 2006, 2:59:14 PM3/6/06

Gordon wrote:

The text-generating 'bot has malfunctioned.

Chris

George

Mar 6, 2006, 3:09:40 PM3/6/06

J Forbes wrote:
> Gordon wrote:
>
> some gibberish that I can't comprehend....

It's some form of christian. Logic and common sense are not their
strongest points

Iain

Mar 6, 2006, 3:19:04 PM3/6/06

Don't you get it? Atheists go around trying to breastfeed other
people's children.

~Iain

woland

Mar 6, 2006, 3:28:41 PM3/6/06

Gordon wrote:

> However, imagine one day you leave a child at daycare, and, because you
> cannot always afford to spend your time guessing about atheists, you forget
> to leave a note, and so the atheist daycare woman tries to breastfeed your
> daughter while you're away, the Lord out of sight and out of mind.

Are you saying that only atheists breastfeed? What in the shit does
breastfeeding have to do with 'the Lord'? Try reposting in some known
language.

Uncle Vic

Mar 6, 2006, 3:29:23 PM3/6/06
Once upon a time in alt.atheism, dear sweet Iain
(iain_i...@hotmail.com) made the light shine upon us with this:

Yeah. It softens them up for barbeque.

--
Uncle Vic
aa Atheist #2011

Atheists get to live their lives in accordance with their own desires. I
call that a win, compared to the collossal waste of time being an active
Christian. Atheist: win. Christian: lose. "No win" never comes into
play, because there are no gods.

Gordon

Mar 6, 2006, 3:38:05 PM3/6/06

"woland" <jerr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Would you breastfeed your neighbor's child if you believed that your sins
didn't just sit down here on earth?

Gordon

kathryn

Mar 6, 2006, 3:42:00 PM3/6/06

"Gordon" <es...@email.com> wrote in message

> Live and let live. Sounds good, doesn't it? But write for me, in, say, a
> hundred words, what provisos you feel should restrict atheist behavior in
> order to live and let live? What, if you were in my shoes. would you
> permit
> to be betrothed upon the rest of us?
>

> Objectively, you'll find that atheist action is too hit and miss to allow
> go unidentified.
>

> Try to see it from our perspective.
>

> For example, if you're in a movie theatre, you don't care whether the
> person
> punching your ticket is an atheist. Why should you have to? It doesn't
> matter, because atheism isn't that pervasive.
>

> However, imagine one day you leave a child at daycare, and, because you
> cannot always afford to spend your time guessing about atheists, you
> forget
> to leave a note, and so the atheist daycare woman tries to breastfeed your
> daughter while you're away, the Lord out of sight and out of mind.

Um why would an atheist breastfeed another woman's child?

woland

Mar 6, 2006, 3:44:30 PM3/6/06

Still don't understand what you're saying. Do sins accumulate in the
mammary glands, thereby allowing them to be transmitted through the
milk?
Also. Sorry, I don't believe in sin. I do however find pork to be twice
as tasty on the sabbath.

kathryn

Mar 6, 2006, 3:47:40 PM3/6/06

"Gordon" <es...@email.com> wrote in message
Two questions: - Why do you believe atheists go around forceably
breastfeeding other peoples children and why do you think it is so wrong?

Did you know that not so long ago it was common for high ranking women to
have "wet nurses" to breast feed their children for them? These women were
either weaning a child of their own, or had just lost one. In fact it isn't
unheard of that they also used to give the child of woman who died to a
mother who had lost hers - something that they do frequently on livestock
farms.

Of course none of this has anything to do with atheism but you seem tobe
rather ignorant about the whole thing.

Neil Kelsey

Mar 6, 2006, 3:48:16 PM3/6/06

I like how atheists are taking outdated photos. I'd buy a camera that
could do that.

Neil Kelsey

Mar 6, 2006, 3:50:41 PM3/6/06
I nominate this for TQOTM:

J Forbes

Mar 6, 2006, 3:55:36 PM3/6/06

I'll second that....

Jim

JessHC, aa#2220 thanks to Jason Gastrich's effort

Mar 6, 2006, 4:03:09 PM3/6/06

Is there some big atheist conspiracy to breastfeed other people's
children going on that I haven't heard about? What does that mean "if

sanity's IittIe helper

Mar 6, 2006, 4:06:52 PM3/6/06
Gordon wrote!

Lawdy! A miracle!!!!!!!

--
David Silverman
aa #2208

Anybody heard from Yahweh lately?

*****
"Mass torture is the most perfect form of Prayer."
Pope Paul III *****

Robibnikoff

Mar 6, 2006, 4:23:19 PM3/6/06

"Gordon" <es...@email.com> wrote in message

WTF? English not your first language? I wouldn't breastfeed ANYONE'S
child. Shoot, my own kid wasn't even into it. And what the your religion's
concept of "sin" have to do with anything?

--
Robyn
Resident Witchypoo

Bill

Mar 6, 2006, 4:32:18 PM3/6/06
This is the most nonsensical post I have seen in quite some time!

Hannele Huigens

Mar 6, 2006, 5:04:06 PM3/6/06
Op Mon, 06 Mar 2006 22:23:19 +0100 schreef Robibnikoff
<witc...@broomstick.com>:

When I was breastfeeding my youngest, the milk was so abundant I donated
the remainder to the local childrens' hospital. They were very happy to
get it, mothers milk is superior to formula especially for pre-born babies.
So yeah, this atheist has been breastfeeding (in a sense) the children of
others.

--
Hannele
aa #2221

Michael Gray

Mar 6, 2006, 4:46:04 PM3/6/06
On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 19:41:49 +0000 (UTC), "Gordon" <es...@email.com>
wrote:
- Refer: <dui39s$e$1...@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com>

>Live and let live. Sounds good, doesn't it?

Yep.
You must try it someday.

mel turner

Mar 6, 2006, 5:12:53 PM3/6/06
"Gordon" <es...@email.com> wrote in message

> Live and let live. Sounds good, doesn't it? But write for me, in, say, a
> hundred words, what provisos you feel should restrict atheist behavior in
> order to live and let live? What, if you were in my shoes. would you
> permit
> to be betrothed upon the rest of us?

Suppose you had a hovercraft that was full of eels...

> Objectively, you'll find that atheist action is too hit and miss to allow
> go unidentified.

"I will not buy this 'tobacconist's', it is scratched."

> Try to see it from our perspective.

"Our"? Yours and the voices?

> For example, if you're in a movie theatre, you don't care whether the
> person
> punching your ticket is an atheist.

But then the popcorn guy is a different matter entirely.

> Why should you have to? It doesn't
> matter, because atheism isn't that pervasive.

You mean it's not pervasive enough to affect his ticket-punching
abilities?

> However, imagine one day you leave a child at daycare,

No, _you_ imagine leaving a wombat at a heliport.

> and, because you
> cannot always afford to spend your time guessing about atheists,

Or about philatelists.

>you forget to leave a note,

And what would this note say?

> and so the atheist daycare woman tries to breastfeed your
> daughter while you're away, the Lord out of sight and out of mind.

Good thing it wasn't an atheist daycare man attempting this
breastfeeding. So, is illicit breastfeeding by atheistic strangers a
big problem where you come from? Would it have been okay in your
view, if only the leaky-mammaried interloper had been a theistic one?

> What just happened here? A technicality. You see, atheism isn't really a
> "thing". Atheism first properly took off when trendy identities such and
> black and deaf, which had been going strong in the early 80s, started to
> wane. They become less attention grabbing. Atheism added a new hook
> without
> the need for more content. If being disabled isn't helping your social
> status any, you can always be atheist. That was two decades ago. Now we
> have
> a sideways spread and exponential growth.

So, _this_ is what happens when one makes coleslaw with a dictionary
instead of a cabbage...

> Perhaps if atheists spent time rectifying this instead of taking outdated
> photos of the earth from space, we might be able to come to an agreement.

Anyone who comes to an agreement with you should probably seek
professional help.

> _That_ would be live and let live.

Or perhaps it would be the hovercraft/eel thing.

cheers

Robibnikoff

Mar 6, 2006, 5:26:30 PM3/6/06

"Hannele Huigens" <Han...@lycos.nl> wrote in message

My kid never got the hang of it. Pumped for two weeks and said "the hell
with this". Damn kid didn't want it, but sure went for the formula. She
was such a scrawy little plucked chicken (born 3 weeks early) that I was
going to give her what she wanted.

GoDrex

Mar 6, 2006, 5:58:45 PM3/6/06

"Gordon" <es...@email.com> wrote in message

this cannot be a real post - it's got to me a joke - please tell me it's a
joke

John Baker

Mar 6, 2006, 6:04:06 PM3/6/06
On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 19:41:49 +0000 (UTC), "Gordon" <es...@email.com>
wrote:

Umm....forgive my bluntness, but what the bloody fuck are you
yammering about?

> Gordon

Iain

Mar 6, 2006, 6:53:03 PM3/6/06

chibiabos

Mar 6, 2006, 7:12:53 PM3/6/06
In article <1141677870.0...@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
woland <jerr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Gordon wrote:
> > "woland" <jerr...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Gordon wrote:
>
> > > Are you saying that only atheists breastfeed? What in the shit does
> > > breastfeeding have to do with 'the Lord'?
> >
> > Would you breastfeed your neighbor's child if you believed that your sins
> > didn't just sit down here on earth?
> >
> > Gordon
>
> Still don't understand what you're saying. Do sins accumulate in the
> mammary glands, thereby allowing them to be transmitted through the
> milk?

So THAT's why I like . . . . Uh. Nevermind.

> Also. Sorry, I don't believe in sin. I do however find pork to be twice
> as tasty on the sabbath.

Yeah! With barbecued breast-fed babies!

-chib

--
Member of SMASH
Sarcastic Middla Aged Atheists with a Sense of Humor

navi-gater

Mar 6, 2006, 7:38:04 PM3/6/06
"Gordon" <es...@email.com> wrote in

> Live and let live. Sounds good, doesn't it? But write for me, in, say,
> a hundred words, what provisos you feel should restrict atheist
> behavior in order to live and let live? What, if you were in my shoes.
> would you permit to be betrothed upon the rest of us?

You're the one with rule book - what should restrict the theists?

After all you've got a rule book and yet you seem to ignore the majority of
the clearly stated rules.....

Clean your own house chump.

gater.

woland

Mar 6, 2006, 7:45:55 PM3/6/06

Iain wrote:

> > joke
>
> You aint seen nothing yet. check out:
>
> http://groups.google.co.uk/group/alt.atheism/msg/4f232283f4fefbd9?dmode=source&hl=en
>
> ~Iain

Following that link led me to the most horrific thing I've ever read.

GoDrex

Mar 6, 2006, 7:56:53 PM3/6/06

"Iain" <iain_i...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

wow that's pretty unbelievable... that's even worse than the idiots that
always say "if evolution is true, why are there still monkees" - you know,
people like Mel Gibson ;-)

William Wingstedt

Mar 6, 2006, 9:01:31 PM3/6/06
wrote:

>Live and let live. Sounds good, doesn't it? But write for me, in, say, a
>hundred words, what provisos you feel should restrict atheist behavior in
>order to live and let live? What, if you were in my shoes. would you permit
>to be betrothed upon the rest of us?
>

>Objectively, you'll find that atheist action is too hit and miss to allow to
>go unidentified.
>

>Try to see it from our perspective.
>

>For example, if you're in a movie theatre, you don't care whether the person
>punching your ticket is an atheist. Why should you have to? It doesn't
>matter, because atheism isn't that pervasive.
>

>However, imagine one day you leave a child at daycare, and, because you
>cannot always afford to spend your time guessing about atheists, you forget
>to leave a note, and so the atheist daycare woman tries to breastfeed your
>daughter while you're away, the Lord out of sight and out of mind.

So now it's my fault that you skipped having the "Do Not Breastfeed"
ear tag installed when you registered your kid for day care?

>What just happened here? A technicality. You see, atheism isn't really a
>"thing". Atheism first properly took off when trendy identities such and
>black and deaf, which had been going strong in the early 80s, started to
>wane. They become less attention grabbing. Atheism added a new hook without
>the need for more content. If being disabled isn't helping your social
>status any, you can always be atheist.

Really, man. Like the content involved in being black or deaf can be
such a hassle, especially for us white folk with intact hearing.
Switch on to atheism, dude! It's a non-stop party!

> That was two decades ago. Now we have
>a sideways spread and exponential growth.

What? You don't like parties?

>Perhaps if atheists spent time rectifying this instead of taking outdated
>photos of the earth from space, we might be able to come to an agreement.

You know, you're right. /"Honey, let's cancel that space photo safari
we lined up for the summer!" We've got some rectifying to do..."\

Doc Smartass

Mar 6, 2006, 9:00:57 PM3/6/06

Here, let me edit this crap down for you.

> atheist

> r e s e
>

> x y
> .
>

> be
> d o n e n o
> w an

> live.

The revealed truth:

Atheists are sexy. Bed one now and LIVE!

--
Doc Smartass

RIAA the RIAA!

Michael Gray

Mar 6, 2006, 9:45:47 PM3/6/06
On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 20:38:05 +0000 (UTC), "Gordon" <es...@email.com>
wrote:
- Refer: <dui6jd$8ac$1...@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com>

What language are you using?
It most certainly is not any known dialect of English.
(Perhaps it is written on your bottle of anti-psychotic medication.)

Michael Gray

Mar 6, 2006, 9:47:00 PM3/6/06
On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 16:23:19 -0500, "Robibnikoff"
<witc...@broomstick.com> wrote:
- Refer: <473neeF...@individual.net>

Gordon must be indulging in "Gordon's Gin" too much to be lucid...

Michael Gray

Mar 6, 2006, 9:47:26 PM3/6/06
On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 20:42:00 +0000 (UTC), "kathryn" <nos...@here.com>
wrote:
- Refer: <dui6qo$djk$1...@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com>

To get to the other side.

Michael Gray

Mar 6, 2006, 9:50:12 PM3/6/06
On 6 Mar 2006 12:50:41 -0800, "Neil Kelsey" <neil_...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
- Refer: <1141678240.9...@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>

Referral to a mental institution would be a more beneficial award for
this complete whack-job.

Mark K. Bilbo

Mar 6, 2006, 10:12:03 PM3/6/06
In <dui39s$e$1...@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com>, "Gordon"
<es...@email.com> wrote:

> Live and let live. Sounds good, doesn't it? But write for me, in, say, a
> hundred words, what provisos you feel should restrict atheist behavior in
> order to live and let live? What, if you were in my shoes. would you
> permit to be betrothed upon the rest of us?
>

> Objectively, you'll find that atheist action is too hit and miss to allow
> to go unidentified.
>

> Try to see it from our perspective.
>

> For example, if you're in a movie theatre, you don't care whether the
> person punching your ticket is an atheist. Why should you have to? It
> doesn't matter, because atheism isn't that pervasive.
>

> However, imagine one day you leave a child at daycare, and, because you
> cannot always afford to spend your time guessing about atheists, you
> forget to leave a note, and so the atheist daycare woman tries to
> breastfeed your daughter while you're away, the Lord out of sight and out
> of mind.
>

> What just happened here? A technicality. You see, atheism isn't really a
> "thing". Atheism first properly took off when trendy identities such and
> black and deaf, which had been going strong in the early 80s, started to
> wane. They become less attention grabbing. Atheism added a new hook
> without the need for more content. If being disabled isn't helping your

> social status any, you can always be atheist. That was two decades ago.

> Now we have a sideways spread and exponential growth.
>

> Perhaps if atheists spent time rectifying this instead of taking outdated
> photos of the earth from space, we might be able to come to an agreement.
>

> _That_ would be live and let live.

Were you aware you just spouted incoherent gibberish?

--
Mark K. Bilbo

I just love this...

"For those of us who grew up in Louisiana,
'The Wizard of Oz' was like a documentary.
Dorothy left Kansas and simply went to Mardi Gras."

http://makeashorterlink.com/?W2EA439BC

Um... didn't foresee what exactly?
http://makeashorterlink.com/?B5CA129BC

"Everything New Orleans"
http://www.nola.com

Mark K. Bilbo

Mar 6, 2006, 10:12:58 PM3/6/06
In <dui6jd$8ac$1...@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com>, "Gordon"
<es...@email.com> wrote:

> "woland" <jerr...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Gordon wrote:
>>

>> > However, imagine one day you leave a child at daycare, and, because
>> > you cannot always afford to spend your time guessing about atheists,
>> > you
> forget
>> > to leave a note, and so the atheist daycare woman tries to breastfeed
> your
>> > daughter while you're away, the Lord out of sight and out of mind.
>>

>> Are you saying that only atheists breastfeed? What in the shit does
>> breastfeeding have to do with 'the Lord'?
>
> Would you breastfeed your neighbor's child if you believed that your sins
> didn't just sit down here on earth?

What do they sit down to? Dinner?

Mark K. Bilbo

Mar 6, 2006, 10:13:15 PM3/6/06
In <473neeF...@individual.net>, "Robibnikoff"
<witc...@broomstick.com> wrote:

I'm not sure language is his first language...

Thurisaz, Germanic barbarian

Mar 6, 2006, 10:21:39 PM3/6/06
So many words, so little meaning.

--
"To his friend a man a friend shall prove, and gifts with gifts requite;
But men shall mocking with mockery answer, and fraud with falsehood meet."

Why I am not a christian:
http://www.carcosa.de/nojebus/nojebus

Uncle Vic

Mar 6, 2006, 10:32:09 PM3/6/06
Once upon a time in alt.atheism, dear sweet Doc Smartass
(gek...@astroskivviesboymail.com) made the light shine upon us with this:

I'll bet you heard something when you played the White Album backwards.

--
Uncle Vic
aa Atheist #2011
Supervisor, EAC Department of little adhesive-backed "L" shaped
chrome-plastic doo-dads to add feet to Jesus fish department

Atheists get to live their lives in accordance with their own desires. I
call that a win, compared to the collossal waste of time being an active
Christian. Atheist: win. Christian: lose. "No win" never comes into
play, because there are no gods.

DanielSan

Mar 6, 2006, 10:42:24 PM3/6/06
Gordon wrote:

I'm going to read this and respond to it.

> Live and let live. Sounds good, doesn't it? But write for me, in, say, a
> hundred words, what provisos you feel should restrict atheist behavior in
> order to live and let live? What, if you were in my shoes. would you permit
> to be betrothed upon the rest of us?

Why should you restrict atheist behavior?

> Objectively, you'll find that atheist action is too hit and miss to allow to
> go unidentified.

...are you suggesting some sort of marking system to identify atheists?
Like maybe yellow stars?

> Try to see it from our perspective.

I can't get my head that far up my arse, sorry.

> For example, if you're in a movie theatre, you don't care whether the person
> punching your ticket is an atheist. Why should you have to? It doesn't
> matter, because atheism isn't that pervasive.

Because religion (or lack thereof) has nothing to do whether the
ticket-taker can do his/her job.

> However, imagine one day you leave a child at daycare, and, because you
> cannot always afford to spend your time guessing about atheists, you forget
> to leave a note, and so the atheist daycare woman tries to breastfeed your
> daughter while you're away, the Lord out of sight and out of mind.

Why would you assume that an atheist daycare woman would try to
breastfeed a child that isn't her's?

> What just happened here? A technicality. You see, atheism isn't really a
> "thing". Atheism first properly took off when trendy identities such and
> black and deaf, which had been going strong in the early 80s, started to
> wane.

Sorry, but no. Atheists have been around for thousands of years. Try
again, buddy.

> They become less attention grabbing. Atheism added a new hook without
> the need for more content. If being disabled isn't helping your social
> status any, you can always be atheist. That was two decades ago. Now we have
> a sideways spread and exponential growth.

We don't need a "hook." We simply are atheists.

> Perhaps if atheists spent time rectifying this instead of taking outdated
> photos of the earth from space, we might be able to come to an agreement.

Say what?

> _That_ would be live and let live.

I really don't get what you're trying to say. Perhaps if you spoke
English, that'd help?

* DanielSan -- alt.atheism #2226 *
* "In every country and in every age, the priest *
* has been hostile to liberty. He is always in *
* alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in *
* return for protection to his own." *
* --Jefferson (in a letter to H. Spafford, 1814) *

DanielSan

Mar 6, 2006, 10:56:50 PM3/6/06
Gordon wrote:
> "woland" <jerr...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Gordon wrote:
>>

>>>However, imagine one day you leave a child at daycare, and, because you
>>>cannot always afford to spend your time guessing about atheists, you
>
> forget
>
>>>to leave a note, and so the atheist daycare woman tries to breastfeed
>
> your
>
>>>daughter while you're away, the Lord out of sight and out of mind.
>>
>> Are you saying that only atheists breastfeed? What in the shit does
>>breastfeeding have to do with 'the Lord'?
>

> Would you breastfeed your neighbor's child if you believed that your sins
> didn't just sit down here on earth?

I doubt that many atheist women would breastfeed another's child.

And where, exactly, in the Bible, does it say "Thou Shalt Not Breastfeed
Thy Neighbor's Child"?

DanielSan

Mar 6, 2006, 10:57:27 PM3/6/06
kathryn wrote:
> "Gordon" <es...@email.com> wrote in message

>>Live and let live. Sounds good, doesn't it? But write for me, in, say, a
>>hundred words, what provisos you feel should restrict atheist behavior in
>>order to live and let live? What, if you were in my shoes. would you
>>permit
>>to be betrothed upon the rest of us?
>>

>>Objectively, you'll find that atheist action is too hit and miss to allow
>>go unidentified.
>>

>>Try to see it from our perspective.
>>

>>For example, if you're in a movie theatre, you don't care whether the
>>person
>>punching your ticket is an atheist. Why should you have to? It doesn't
>>matter, because atheism isn't that pervasive.
>>

>>However, imagine one day you leave a child at daycare, and, because you
>>cannot always afford to spend your time guessing about atheists, you
>>forget
>>to leave a note, and so the atheist daycare woman tries to breastfeed your
>>daughter while you're away, the Lord out of sight and out of mind.
>>

> Um why would an atheist breastfeed another woman's child?

Possibly because Gordon would, if he could. ;-)

DanielSan

Mar 6, 2006, 10:59:23 PM3/6/06
Neil Kelsey wrote:
> Iain wrote:
>
>>George wrote:

>>>It's some form of christian. Logic and common sense are not their
>>>strongest points
>>
>>Don't you get it? Atheists go around trying to breastfeed other
>>people's children.
>>
>>~Iain
>

> I like how atheists are taking outdated photos. I'd buy a camera that
> could do that.

Take a picture of the Empire State Building and see what it looks like
before it's built! 8-D

DanielSan

Mar 6, 2006, 11:00:01 PM3/6/06
Neil Kelsey wrote:
> I nominate this for TQOTM:
>

>>However, imagine one day you leave a child at daycare, and, because you
>>cannot always afford to spend your time guessing about atheists, you forget
>>to leave a note, and so the atheist daycare woman tries to breastfeed your
>>daughter while you're away, the Lord out of sight and out of mind.

Seconded!

Doc Smartass

Mar 6, 2006, 10:59:14 PM3/6/06
Uncle Vic <add...@withheld.com> wrote in news:Xns977EC68E1C4E2vicman@
216.196.97.136:

> Once upon a time in alt.atheism, dear sweet Doc Smartass
> (gek...@astroskivviesboymail.com) made the light shine upon us with this:

>> The revealed truth:

>> Atheists are sexy. Bed one now and LIVE!
>>

> I'll bet you heard something when you played the White Album backwards.

Never heard the album =D

George

Mar 6, 2006, 11:20:38 PM3/6/06

The depths of stupidity that only a theist could descend to

Brian E. Clark

Mar 6, 2006, 11:23:47 PM3/6/06
In article <dui39s$e$1...@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com>,
Gordon said...

> Live and let live. Sounds good, doesn't it? But write for me, in, say, a
> hundred words, what provisos you feel should restrict atheist behavior in
> order to live and let live? What, if you were in my shoes. would you permit
> to be betrothed upon the rest of us?

The Fonzie peccadillos are at a loss for felt.

--
-----------
Brian E. Clark

Michelle Malkin

Mar 7, 2006, 3:34:56 AM3/7/06
"Gordon" <es...@email.com> wrote in message

> Live and let live. Sounds good, doesn't it? But write for me, in, say, a
> hundred words, what provisos you feel should restrict atheist behavior in
> order to live and let live? What, if you were in my shoes. would you
> permit
> to be betrothed upon the rest of us?

You realize, I hope, that your last sentence above
makes no sense at all. Did you mean 'bestowed'
rather than 'betrothed'? Should Christian behavior
be restricted? Fanatical Christian behavior should
be, as far as I'm concerned. When people insist on
forcing their beliefs on those who aren't interested,
they should be stopped.

> Objectively, you'll find that atheist action is too hit and miss
>to allow to go unidentified.

How is atheist behavior hit and miss? Please give
examples.

> Try to see it from our perspective.

Why? You don't seem to want to see it from ours.

> For example, if you're in a movie theatre, you don't care whether
>the person punching your ticket is an atheist. Why should you have
>to? It doesn't matter, because atheism isn't that pervasive.
>

> However, imagine one day you leave a child at daycare, and,
>because you cannot always afford to spend your time guessing
>about atheists, you forget to leave a note, and so the atheist
>daycare woman tries to breastfeed your daughter while you're
>away, the Lord out of sight and out of mind.

This has to be one of the stupidest examples I've
ever seen. Did you pull it out of a hat? Do you
really believe that religion or the lack of it comes
through breast milk? Do you think that any woman,
atheist or not, would breastfeed a child that they
have no medical knowledge of with or without the
mother's permission? Can you come up with any
sensible examples of anything at all? Do you have
any scientific knowledge at all?

> What just happened here? A technicality. You see, atheism
>isn't really a "thing". Atheism first properly took off when
>trendy identities such and black and deaf, which had been

>going strong in the early 80s, started to wane. They become

>less attention grabbing. Atheism added a new hook without
> the need for more content. If being disabled isn't helping
>your social status any, you can always be atheist. That was
>two decades ago. Now we have a sideways spread and
>exponential growth.

Atheists have been around for thousands of years.

This has nothing to do with trendiness. It has more
to do with your deliberate historical ignorance. The
reason why atheism is much more noticeable these
days is that there are so many of us. And, when the
scaredy-cats come out of the closet, the world will
realize that there are many more. Christians like
you shouldn't scare people; you should be pitied.

How are 'black and deaf' trendy? One is a race and
the other a medical condition. Your bigotry spills
out through nearly everything you write. It all has
to be your way, doesn't it? Is this due to your
Christianity or is it just you?

> Perhaps if atheists spent time rectifying this instead of taking
>outdated photos of the earth from space, we might be able to
>come to an agreement.

How is taking current photos from space 'outdated'?
You do realize that this has nothing at all to do with
atheism?

Rectify what - our growth in numbers? Sorry, ducks,
ain't gonna happen. We are going to continue to grow
in numbers, and there is nothing little Gordon can do
about it. And, to make it even worse for you, we don't
convert or deconvert people. We don't need to. People
just realize that they are one of us. They read, they study
and they think - all the things that orthodox religion hates.
And, they become atheists all on their own. And, poor
little Gordon has no say so in the matter.

> _That_ would be live and let live.

No, that would simply be the way sad, bigoted
and ignorant Gordon wants it to be. And, it is
not going to happen.

--
^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^
Michelle Malkin (Mickey) aa list#1

> Gordon

Iain

Mar 7, 2006, 5:01:07 AM3/7/06
DanielSan wrote:
> Neil Kelsey wrote:
> > Iain wrote:

> >>Don't you get it? Atheists go around trying to breastfeed other
> >>people's children.
> >>
> >>~Iain
> >

> > I like how atheists are taking outdated photos. I'd buy a camera that
> > could do that.
> >

> Take a picture of the Empire State Building and see what it looks like
> before it's built! 8-D

You know those black and white pictures of 1920s construction workers
eating their lunches atop girders a mile above the ground? They were
taken from a window in the early 90s with the Sony Atheist
Digi-Outdater.

~Iain

Amangi Machque

Mar 7, 2006, 5:07:32 AM3/7/06
"Iain" wrote

I thought about buying one of those but I guess I was too skeptical.

--
Machque

"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the
future." Lumbee
"The one who tells the stories rules the world." Hopi
"Sing your death song and die like a hero going home." Shawnee

Seeker

Mar 7, 2006, 7:58:48 AM3/7/06
"GoDrex" <godr...@hotmail.com> wrote in

> wow that's pretty unbelievable... that's even worse than the
> idiots that always say "if evolution is true, why are there
> still monkees" - you know, people like Mel Gibson ;-)

I had a teacher who would say that. When I first heard her say that I
was infuriated but I didn't bother explaining because it was obvious
she was an idiot from previous discussions.

Christopher A. Lee

Mar 7, 2006, 8:07:44 AM3/7/06

Then she was unfit to be a teacher.

I had one like that 50 years ago. She didn't have all the creationist
stupidities but she was a fundy who asked stupid loaded questions she
didn't think a kid could answer therefore it had to be god.

Elroy Willis

Mar 7, 2006, 8:16:34 AM3/7/06
Hannele Huigens <Han...@lycos.nl> wrote in alt.atheism

> When I was breastfeeding my youngest, the milk was so abundant I donated
> the remainder to the local childrens' hospital. They were very happy to
> get it, mothers milk is superior to formula especially for pre-born babies.

How does a pre-born baby drink milk?

--
Elroy Willis
www.elroysemporium.com

woland

Mar 7, 2006, 9:45:09 AM3/7/06

I believe she is talking about babies that are born prematurly or,
"preemies."

Elroy Willis

Mar 7, 2006, 9:54:55 AM3/7/06
woland <jerr...@gmail.com> wrote in alt.atheism

> Elroy Willis wrote:
>> Hannele Huigens <Han...@lycos.nl> wrote in alt.atheism

>>> When I was breastfeeding my youngest, the milk was so abundant I donated
>>> the remainder to the local childrens' hospital. They were very happy to
>>> get it, mothers milk is superior to formula especially for pre-born babies.

>> How does a pre-born baby drink milk?

> I believe she is talking about babies that are born prematurly or,
> "preemies."

Ah, that explains it.

--
Elroy Willis
www.elroysemporium.com

Kate

Mar 7, 2006, 10:30:02 AM3/7/06

That's got to be some kind of bot post.

A really badly done bot post.

Robibnikoff

Mar 7, 2006, 10:48:44 AM3/7/06

"Michael Gray" <fle...@newsguy.spam.com> wrote in message

That's what it sounds like :P
--
Robyn
Resident Witchypoo

Mark K. Bilbo

Mar 7, 2006, 2:07:03 PM3/7/06
In <4422a653....@news-west.newscene.com>, cob...@newscene.com (Kate
) wrote:

One of Eliza's crack babies...

Hannele Huigens

Mar 7, 2006, 5:20:59 PM3/7/06
Op Tue, 07 Mar 2006 14:16:34 +0100 schreef Elroy Willis
<elroy...@swbell.net>:

> Hannele Huigens <Han...@lycos.nl> wrote in alt.atheism
>
>> When I was breastfeeding my youngest, the milk was so abundant I donated
>> the remainder to the local childrens' hospital. They were very happy to
>> get it, mothers milk is superior to formula especially for pre-born
>> babies.
>
> How does a pre-born baby drink milk?

Oops? I knew that English language would trip me up some day. Excuse me
why I go away to be thorughly ashamed for not getting premature right at
the first try. ;-)

--
Hannele
aa #2221

Neil Kelsey

Mar 7, 2006, 5:35:54 PM3/7/06

This is an interesting thread...first, the OP has us taking outdated
photos with some kind of magic camera; now, you're breast feeding
babies that haven't been born.

Amangi Machque

Mar 7, 2006, 5:40:51 PM3/7/06
"Neil Kelsey" wrote
: Hannele Huigens wrote:
: > Elroy Willis
: > > Hannele Huigens wrote
: > >> When I was breastfeeding my youngest, the milk was so abundant I
donated
: > >> the remainder to the local childrens' hospital. They were very happy
: > >> get it, mothers milk is superior to formula especially for pre-born
: > >> babies.
: > >
: > > How does a pre-born baby drink milk?
: >
:
: This is an interesting thread...first, the OP has us taking outdated
: photos with some kind of magic camera; now, you're breast feeding
: babies that haven't been born.

Ain't technology great?! ;-)

Harry F. Leopold

Mar 7, 2006, 9:23:08 PM3/7/06
On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 16:12:53 -0600, mel turner wrote
(in article <duib75$rgp$1...@gargoyle.oit.duke.edu>):

> "Gordon" <es...@email.com> wrote in message

>> Live and let live. Sounds good, doesn't it? But write for me, in, say, a
>> hundred words, what provisos you feel should restrict atheist behavior in
>> order to live and let live? What, if you were in my shoes. would you
>> permit to be betrothed upon the rest of us?
>

> Suppose you had a hovercraft that was full of eels...

So you have one of those also? Aren't they just a blast? I have more fun that
way, though the wombats at the heliport is even more fun.

>> Objectively, you'll find that atheist action is too hit and miss to allow
>> to go unidentified.
>

> "I will not buy this 'tobacconist's', it is scratched."

>> Try to see it from our perspective.
>

> "Our"? Yours and the voices?

>> For example, if you're in a movie theatre, you don't care whether the
>> person punching your ticket is an atheist.
>

> But then the popcorn guy is a different matter entirely.

Oh indeedy, it is best if the popcorn guy is Baptist. Don't ask me why, it
just works out that way.

>> Why should you have to? It doesn't
>> matter, because atheism isn't that pervasive.
>

> You mean it's not pervasive enough to affect his ticket-punching
> abilities?

>> However, imagine one day you leave a child at daycare,
>

> No, _you_ imagine leaving a wombat at a heliport.

I do that all the time, wombats are fun and they love the heliport, there is
just so much to do there. I do, however, get some complaints from the
heliport operators, but isn't it best to let the wombats have their fun?

>> and, because you
>> cannot always afford to spend your time guessing about atheists,
>

> Or about philatelists.

Or especially about aphilatelists.

>> you forget to leave a note,
>

> And what would this note say?

"I am a religious idiot and I want everyone to know it. signed Gordon."

>> and so the atheist daycare woman tries to breastfeed your
>> daughter while you're away, the Lord out of sight and out of mind.
>

> Good thing it wasn't an atheist daycare man attempting this
> breastfeeding. So, is illicit breastfeeding by atheistic strangers a
> big problem where you come from? Would it have been okay in your
> view, if only the leaky-mammaried interloper had been a theistic one?

I don't know about you, but I have never tried to breast-feed anyone.

>> What just happened here? A technicality. You see, atheism isn't really a
>> "thing". Atheism first properly took off when trendy identities such and
>> black and deaf, which had been going strong in the early 80s, started to
>> wane. They become less attention grabbing. Atheism added a new hook
>> without
>> the need for more content. If being disabled isn't helping your social
>> status any, you can always be atheist. That was two decades ago. Now we
>> have a sideways spread and exponential growth.
>

> So, _this_ is what happens when one makes coleslaw with a dictionary
> instead of a cabbage...

Bet it's pretty tasty though.

>> Perhaps if atheists spent time rectifying this instead of taking outdated
>> photos of the earth from space, we might be able to come to an agreement.
>

> Anyone who comes to an agreement with you should probably seek
> professional help.

I just want to know who these atheists taking outdated photos of the earth
from space are and how can I get my hands on some of their equipment. (Not to
mention get it down here so I can use it with my telescope.)

>> _That_ would be live and let live.
>

> Or perhaps it would be the hovercraft/eel thing.

Or maybe the wombats at the heliport.
--
Harry F. Leopold
aa #2076

Å‚Of course *you use an operating system hand woven on a loom at a co-op in
the Andean mountains I'm sure.Å‚-Mark K. Bilbo

*nemo*

Mar 8, 2006, 6:31:46 AM3/8/06
In article <1141678536.1...@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com>,
"J Forbes" <jfor...@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Neil Kelsey wrote:
> > I nominate this for TQOTM:
> >

> > > However, imagine one day you leave a child at daycare, and, because you
> > > cannot always afford to spend your time guessing about atheists, you
> > > forget
> > > to leave a note, and so the atheist daycare woman tries to breastfeed

> > > your
> > > daughter while you're away, the Lord out of sight and out of mind.
>

> I'll second that....
>
> Jim

Recorded. But who was the original author?

--
Nemo - EAC Commissioner for Bible Belt Underwater Operations.
Atheist #1331 (the Palindrome of doom!)

eerok

Mar 8, 2006, 12:37:36 PM3/8/06

"Gordon" <es...@email.com>

--
"The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality."
- George Bernard Shaw

wildbluskies

Mar 8, 2006, 12:48:44 PM3/8/06

Gordon wrote:

> Perhaps if atheists spent time rectifying this instead of taking outdated
> photos of the earth from space, we might be able to come to an agreement.

it would be easier to kill you, would you like to start a war?

*nemo*

Mar 8, 2006, 5:19:02 PM3/8/06
In article <pan.2006.03.08....@eerok.invalid>,
eerok <ee...@addr.invalid> wrote:

> *nemo* wrote:
> > In article <1141678536.1...@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com>,

> >> I'll second that....
> >>
> >> Jim
>
> > Recorded. But who was the original author?
>
> "Gordon" <es...@email.com>

If'n you say so. Thanx.

stoney

Mar 9, 2006, 3:33:23 PM3/9/06
On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 19:41:49 +0000 (UTC), "Gordon" <es...@email.com>
wrote in alt.atheism

>Live and let live. Sounds good, doesn't it?

Yeah, but hypocritical, bigoted, and terminally ignorant fuckheads like
you don't.

--
Fundies and trolls are cordially invited to
shove a wooden cross up their arses and rotate

stoney

Mar 9, 2006, 3:33:54 PM3/9/06
On 6 Mar 2006 12:09:40 -0800, "George" <gbl...@hnpl.net> wrote in
alt.atheism

>J Forbes wrote:
>> Gordon wrote:
>>
>> some gibberish that I can't comprehend....
>>
>It's some form of christian. Logic and common sense are not their
>strongest points

Neither is humanity.

stoney

Mar 9, 2006, 3:35:19 PM3/9/06
On 7 Mar 2006 02:01:07 -0800, "Iain" <iain_i...@hotmail.com> wrote in
alt.atheism

And how about them ladies on the casting couch....

stoney

Mar 9, 2006, 3:38:12 PM3/9/06
On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 20:38:05 +0000 (UTC), "Gordon" <es...@email.com>
wrote in alt.atheism

>"woland" <jerr...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Gordon wrote:
>>

>> > However, imagine one day you leave a child at daycare, and, because you
>> > cannot always afford to spend your time guessing about atheists, you
>forget
>> > to leave a note, and so the atheist daycare woman tries to breastfeed
>your
>> > daughter while you're away, the Lord out of sight and out of mind.
>>

>> Are you saying that only atheists breastfeed? What in the shit does
>> breastfeeding have to do with 'the Lord'?
>
>Would you breastfeed your neighbor's child if you believed that your sins
>didn't just sit down here on earth?

WTF are you babbling about, insane drooler?

stoney

Mar 9, 2006, 3:40:59 PM3/9/06
On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 23:20:59 +0100, "Hannele Huigens" <Han...@lycos.nl>
wrote in alt.atheism

>Op Tue, 07 Mar 2006 14:16:34 +0100 schreef Elroy Willis
><elroy...@swbell.net>:
>
>> Hannele Huigens <Han...@lycos.nl> wrote in alt.atheism
>>
>>> When I was breastfeeding my youngest, the milk was so abundant I donated
>>> the remainder to the local childrens' hospital. They were very happy to
>>> get it, mothers milk is superior to formula especially for pre-born
>>> babies.
>>
>> How does a pre-born baby drink milk?
>
>Oops? I knew that English language would trip me up some day. Excuse me
>why I go away to be thorughly ashamed for not getting premature right at
>the first try. ;-)

Good thing we were here to catch you when you tripped... ;)

stoney

Mar 9, 2006, 3:42:55 PM3/9/06
On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 21:12:58 -0600, "Mark K. Bilbo"
<alt-a...@org.webmaster> wrote in alt.atheism

>In <dui6jd$8ac$1...@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com>, "Gordon"

><es...@email.com> wrote:
>

>> "woland" <jerr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> forget
>> your
>>>
>>> Are you saying that only atheists breastfeed? What in the shit does
>>> breastfeeding have to do with 'the Lord'?
>>
>> Would you breastfeed your neighbor's child if you believed that your sins
>> didn't just sit down here on earth?
>

>What do they sit down to? Dinner?

They have their peeps contact his peeps before they start keyhole
peeping....

stoney

Mar 9, 2006, 3:46:02 PM3/9/06
On Tue, 7 Mar 2006 20:23:08 -0600, Harry F. Leopold <hleo...@coxyx.net>
wrote in alt.atheism

>On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 16:12:53 -0600, mel turner wrote
>(in article <duib75$rgp$1...@gargoyle.oit.duke.edu>):
>
>> "Gordon" <es...@email.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> Live and let live. Sounds good, doesn't it? But write for me, in, say, a
>>> hundred words, what provisos you feel should restrict atheist behavior in
>>> order to live and let live? What, if you were in my shoes. would you
>>> permit to be betrothed upon the rest of us?
>>
>> Suppose you had a hovercraft that was full of eels...
>
>So you have one of those also? Aren't they just a blast? I have more fun that
>way, though the wombats at the heliport is even more fun.

What was their batting average?

[]

stoney

Mar 9, 2006, 3:46:56 PM3/9/06
On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 17:58:45 -0500, "GoDrex" <godr...@hotmail.com> wrote
in alt.atheism

>"Gordon" <es...@email.com> wrote in message

>> Live and let live. Sounds good, doesn't it? But write for me, in, say, a
>> hundred words, what provisos you feel should restrict atheist behavior in
>> order to live and let live? What, if you were in my shoes. would you
>permit
>> to be betrothed upon the rest of us?

>> Objectively, you'll find that atheist action is too hit and miss to allow
>> go unidentified.

>> Try to see it from our perspective.

>> For example, if you're in a movie theatre, you don't care whether the
>person
>> punching your ticket is an atheist. Why should you have to? It doesn't

>> matter, because atheism isn't that pervasive.

>> However, imagine one day you leave a child at daycare, and, because you

>> cannot always afford to spend your time guessing about atheists, you
>forget
>> to leave a note, and so the atheist daycare woman tries to breastfeed your
>> daughter while you're away, the Lord out of sight and out of mind.

>> What just happened here? A technicality. You see, atheism isn't really a

>> "thing". Atheism first properly took off when trendy identities such and
>> black and deaf, which had been going strong in the early 80s, started to
>> wane. They become less attention grabbing. Atheism added a new hook
>without
>> the need for more content. If being disabled isn't helping your social
>> status any, you can always be atheist. That was two decades ago. Now we
>have
>> a sideways spread and exponential growth.

>> Perhaps if atheists spent time rectifying this instead of taking outdated

>> photos of the earth from space, we might be able to come to an agreement.

>> _That_ would be live and let live.

>> Gordon
>
>this cannot be a real post - it's got to me a joke - please tell me it's a
>joke

It's a Shrub supporter. [shrug]

skyeyes

Mar 9, 2006, 3:47:41 PM3/9/06
Gordon wrote:

> > > However, imagine one day you leave a child at daycare, and, because you
> > > cannot always afford to spend your time guessing about atheists, you
> forget
> > > to leave a note, and so the atheist daycare woman tries to breastfeed
> your
> > > daughter while you're away, the Lord out of sight and out of mind.
> >

> > Are you saying that only atheists breastfeed? What in the shit does
> > breastfeeding have to do with 'the Lord'?
>
> Would you breastfeed your neighbor's child if you believed that your sins
> didn't just sit down here on earth?

Would you please explain the connection between breastfeeding and sin?
I'm just not getting it.

Brenda Nelson, A.A.#34
EAC Professor of Feline Thermometrics and Cat-Herding

stoney

Mar 9, 2006, 3:50:23 PM3/9/06
On 6 Mar 2006 15:53:03 -0800, "Iain" <iain_i...@hotmail.com> wrote in
alt.atheism

>GoDrex wrote:
>> "Gordon" <es...@email.com> wrote in message

[]

>> > Perhaps if atheists spent time rectifying this instead of taking outdated
>> > photos of the earth from space, we might be able to come to an agreement.

>> > _That_ would be live and let live.

>> > Gordon
>>
>> this cannot be a real post - it's got to me a joke - please tell me it's a
>> joke
>

>You aint seen nothing yet. check out:
>
>http://groups.google.co.uk/group/alt.atheism/msg/4f232283f4fefbd9?dmode=source&hl=en

Skypher's a 'babe at first suck' compared to: nameless, karl, ksjj,
slopez, tedd, tyre iron theo, chief sinking boat, and others.

stoney

Mar 9, 2006, 3:52:42 PM3/9/06
On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 21:12:03 -0600, "Mark K. Bilbo"
<alt-a...@org.webmaster> wrote in alt.atheism

>In <dui39s$e$1...@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com>, "Gordon"
><es...@email.com> wrote:

>> Live and let live. Sounds good, doesn't it? But write for me, in, say, a
>> hundred words, what provisos you feel should restrict atheist behavior in
>> order to live and let live? What, if you were in my shoes. would you
>> permit to be betrothed upon the rest of us?

>> Objectively, you'll find that atheist action is too hit and miss to allow
>> to go unidentified.

>> Try to see it from our perspective.

>> For example, if you're in a movie theatre, you don't care whether the
>> person punching your ticket is an atheist. Why should you have to? It
>> doesn't matter, because atheism isn't that pervasive.

>> However, imagine one day you leave a child at daycare, and, because you

>> cannot always afford to spend your time guessing about atheists, you
>> forget to leave a note, and so the atheist daycare woman tries to
>> breastfeed your daughter while you're away, the Lord out of sight and out
>> of mind.

>> What just happened here? A technicality. You see, atheism isn't really a

>> "thing". Atheism first properly took off when trendy identities such and
>> black and deaf, which had been going strong in the early 80s, started to
>> wane. They become less attention grabbing. Atheism added a new hook
>> without the need for more content. If being disabled isn't helping your
>> social status any, you can always be atheist. That was two decades ago.
>> Now we have a sideways spread and exponential growth.

>> Perhaps if atheists spent time rectifying this instead of taking outdated
>> photos of the earth from space, we might be able to come to an agreement.

>> _That_ would be live and let live.
>

>Were you aware you just spouted incoherent gibberish?

*Aware?*

Robibnikoff

Mar 9, 2006, 4:34:24 PM3/9/06

"stoney" <sto...@the.net> wrote in message

> On 6 Mar 2006 15:53:03 -0800, "Iain" <iain_i...@hotmail.com> wrote in
> alt.atheism
>

>>GoDrex wrote:
>>> "Gordon" <es...@email.com> wrote in message
>
> []

>>> this cannot be a real post - it's got to me a joke - please tell me it's
>>> joke
>>
>>You aint seen nothing yet. check out:
>>
>>http://groups.google.co.uk/group/alt.atheism/msg/4f232283f4fefbd9?dmode=source&hl=en
>
> Skypher's a 'babe at first suck' compared to: nameless, karl, ksjj,
> slopez, tedd, tyre iron theo, chief sinking boat, and others.

Speak not its name!!!!! :)

Richard Smol

Mar 9, 2006, 4:36:13 PM3/9/06

Gordon wrote:

> Live and let live. Sounds good, doesn't it? But write for me, in, say, a
> hundred words, what provisos you feel should restrict atheist behavior in
> order to live and let live? What, if you were in my shoes. would you permit
> to be betrothed upon the rest of us?
>
> Objectively, you'll find that atheist action is too hit and miss to allow to
> go unidentified.
>
> Try to see it from our perspective.
>
> For example, if you're in a movie theatre, you don't care whether the person
> punching your ticket is an atheist. Why should you have to? It doesn't
> matter, because atheism isn't that pervasive.
>
> However, imagine one day you leave a child at daycare, and, because you
> cannot always afford to spend your time guessing about atheists, you forget
> to leave a note, and so the atheist daycare woman tries to breastfeed your
> daughter while you're away, the Lord out of sight and out of mind.

This is nothing but psychotic blather. Or did you have any point?

RS

Michael Gray

Mar 9, 2006, 8:55:16 PM3/9/06
On 9 Mar 2006 12:47:41 -0800, "skyeyes" <sky...@dakotacom.net> wrote:
- Refer: <1141937260....@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>

>> forget
>> your
>> >
>> > Are you saying that only atheists breastfeed? What in the shit does
>> > breastfeeding have to do with 'the Lord'?
>>
>> Would you breastfeed your neighbor's child if you believed that your sins
>> didn't just sit down here on earth?
>
>Would you please explain the connection between breastfeeding and sin?
>I'm just not getting it.

You need to smoke some of the excellent weed that Gordon plainly has,
before you can 'get it'.

Michael Gray

Mar 9, 2006, 8:56:48 PM3/9/06
On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 16:34:24 -0500, "Robibnikoff"
<witc...@broomstick.com> wrote:
- Refer: <47bl76F...@individual.net>

Who's? J. We...

Oooh, that was close.
Missed it by THIS much, Cheif!

Ben Kaufman

Mar 9, 2006, 10:46:50 PM3/9/06
On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 19:41:49 +0000 (UTC), "Gordon" <es...@email.com> wrote:

<SNIP>

>Perhaps if atheists spent time rectifying this instead of taking outdated
>photos of the earth from space, we might be able to come to an agreement.

I thought taking LSD was outdated; I guess not.

Ben

Ben Kaufman

Mar 9, 2006, 10:49:27 PM3/9/06
On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 13:16:34 GMT, Elroy Willis <elroy...@swbell.net> wrote:

>Hannele Huigens <Han...@lycos.nl> wrote in alt.atheism
>
>> When I was breastfeeding my youngest, the milk was so abundant I donated
>> the remainder to the local childrens' hospital. They were very happy to
>> get it, mothers milk is superior to formula especially for pre-born babies.
>
>How does a pre-born baby drink milk?

Through a VERY LONG straw. :-)

Ben

Ben Kaufman

Mar 9, 2006, 10:54:13 PM3/9/06
On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 12:46:02 -0800, stoney <sto...@the.net> wrote:

>On Tue, 7 Mar 2006 20:23:08 -0600, Harry F. Leopold <hleo...@coxyx.net>
>wrote in alt.atheism
>
>>On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 16:12:53 -0600, mel turner wrote
>>(in article <duib75$rgp$1...@gargoyle.oit.duke.edu>):
>>
>>> "Gordon" <es...@email.com> wrote in message

>>> Suppose you had a hovercraft that was full of eels...
>>
>>So you have one of those also? Aren't they just a blast? I have more fun that
>>way, though the wombats at the heliport is even more fun.
>
>What was their batting average?
>

>[]

I thought a wombat was an Australian term for a dildo. :-)

Ben

Michael Gray

Mar 10, 2006, 7:01:22 AM3/10/06
On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 22:54:13 -0500, Ben Kaufman
<spaXm-mXe-anXd-p...@pobox.com> wrote:
- Refer: <v1u1121m17aaakvjs...@4ax.com>

Err...
Where the bloody hell did ya get that friggin' drongo idea, mate?

Michael Gray

Mar 10, 2006, 6:59:53 AM3/10/06
On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 22:49:27 -0500, Ben Kaufman
<spaXm-mXe-anXd-p...@pobox.com> wrote:
- Refer: <mpt112pbh2ll4udq3...@4ax.com>

I always wondered who drew it...

Les Hellawell

Mar 10, 2006, 8:14:36 AM3/10/06

Yes she meant premature of course. My wife who trained in a prem baby
unit tells us they do actually feed the babies milk through a tube
down the throat as they are unable to suck.

--
Les Hellawell

Greetings from:
YORKSHIRE The White Rose County

Robibnikoff

Mar 10, 2006, 11:37:29 AM3/10/06

"Michael Gray" <fle...@newsguy.spam.com> wrote in message

Um, what? Who's that?

> Oooh, that was close.
> Missed it by THIS much, Cheif!

LOL. Took me a sec, but I just got it. BTW, HATED that show.
--
Robyn
Resident Witchypoo

Robibnikoff

Mar 10, 2006, 11:38:40 AM3/10/06

"Ben Kaufman" <spaXm-mXe-anXd-p...@pobox.com> wrote in message

SNORT!

Oh, excuse me. Please carry on <wipes away tears of laughter>

Michael Gray

Mar 10, 2006, 11:33:07 PM3/10/06
On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 13:14:36 +0000, Les Hellawell
<myshr...@leswell.freeuk.com> wrote:
- Refer: <omu2125rmndd7bgu0...@4ax.com>

Those babies really did "draw the long straw" in life!

Michael Gray

Mar 10, 2006, 11:34:43 PM3/10/06
On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 11:37:29 -0500, "Robibnikoff"
<witc...@broomstick.com> wrote:
- Refer: <47do6eF...@individual.net>

OK. That does it.
I'm going back to mother.
I want the ring back too.
;)
(Not liking "Get Smart"?)

Robibnikoff

Mar 11, 2006, 7:44:07 AM3/11/06

> On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 11:37:29 -0500, "Robibnikoff"
> <witc...@broomstick.com> wrote:

snip

>>LOL. Took me a sec, but I just got it. BTW, HATED that show.
>
> OK. That does it.
> I'm going back to mother.
> I want the ring back too.
> ;)
> (Not liking "Get Smart"?)

Oh c'mon. It was completely retarded! Right up there with The Brady Bunch
and Gilligan's Island. I can't believe the horrible crap that people get
all nostalgic over :)

Oh, and I also hated The Flintstones ;)

stoney

Mar 11, 2006, 1:05:27 PM3/11/06
On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 22:49:27 -0500, Ben Kaufman
<spaXm-mXe-anXd-p...@pobox.com> wrote in alt.atheism

I managed to refrain from posting that-barely. :)

stoney

Mar 11, 2006, 1:06:27 PM3/11/06
On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 12:25:16 +1030, Michael Gray
<fle...@newsguy.spam.com> wrote in alt.atheism

Yeah, 'crack' weed.

stoney

Mar 11, 2006, 1:07:17 PM3/11/06
On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 22:54:13 -0500, Ben Kaufman
<spaXm-mXe-anXd-p...@pobox.com> wrote in alt.atheism

>On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 12:46:02 -0800, stoney <sto...@the.net> wrote:

Oh....WOMB Bat..... :))))

stoney

Mar 11, 2006, 1:08:11 PM3/11/06
On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 16:34:24 -0500, "Robibnikoff"
<witc...@broomstick.com> wrote in alt.atheism

I'll whisper it then, 'and others.'

stoney

Mar 11, 2006, 1:09:23 PM3/11/06
On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 07:44:07 -0500, "Robibnikoff"
<witc...@broomstick.com> wrote in alt.atheism

>"Michael Gray" <fle...@newsguy.spam.com> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 11:37:29 -0500, "Robibnikoff"
>> <witc...@broomstick.com> wrote:
>
>snip
>>>
>>>LOL. Took me a sec, but I just got it. BTW, HATED that show.
>>
>> OK. That does it.
>> I'm going back to mother.
>> I want the ring back too.
>> ;)
>> (Not liking "Get Smart"?)
>
>Oh c'mon. It was completely retarded! Right up there with The Brady Bunch
>and Gilligan's Island. I can't believe the horrible crap that people get
>all nostalgic over :)
>
>Oh, and I also hated The Flintstones ;)

Because Barney turned your insides to rubble.... ;)
and because they were always having a gay olde tyme! :D

Michael Gray

Mar 11, 2006, 6:13:40 PM3/11/06
On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 10:09:23 -0800, stoney <sto...@the.net> wrote:
- Refer: <eh4612h1k9ra4mehs...@4ax.com>

>On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 07:44:07 -0500, "Robibnikoff"
><witc...@broomstick.com> wrote in alt.atheism
>

>>"Michael Gray" <fle...@newsguy.spam.com> wrote in message
>>> On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 11:37:29 -0500, "Robibnikoff"
>>> <witc...@broomstick.com> wrote:
>>
>>snip

>>> OK. That does it.
>>> I'm going back to mother.
>>> I want the ring back too.
>>> ;)
>>> (Not liking "Get Smart"?)
>>
>>Oh c'mon. It was completely retarded! Right up there with The Brady Bunch
>>and Gilligan's Island. I can't believe the horrible crap that people get
>>all nostalgic over :)
>>
>>Oh, and I also hated The Flintstones ;)
>
>Because Barney turned your insides to rubble.... ;)
>and because they were always having a gay olde tyme! :D

I think it was watching too much Bam-Bam that did it.

It is loading more messages.