BUY YOUR OWN PLASTICIZED PRESERVED CORPSE TODAY!!!!!

crank dat s00perman

Feb 5, 2008, 5:26:30 PM2/5/08
http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/0,1518,532934,0
0.html

Looking for an unusual gift or that perfect ornament for your
living room? How about a cross-section of a preserved corpse,
courtesy of "Body Worlds" entrepreneur Gunther von Hagens --
a snip at €12,000.

Just when you thought the "Body Worlds" exhibition couldn't
get any more gross, Plastination pioneer Gunther von Hagens
(more...) comes up with a stomach-churning new idea: selling
slices of human bodies.

According to the mass circulation daily Bild, von Hagens,
famous for developing the patented Plastination technique for
preserving corpses, has come up with a new business model
involving selling cross-sections of bodies prepared in his
"Plastinarium" workshop in Guben on the German-Polish border.

Until now, he has only sold cross-sections, where plastinated
organs are clearly visible, to universities as teaching
materials. But now private individuals will be able to buy
slices of corpses too. Von Hagens' assistant Nadine Diwersi
told the newspaper: "We are able to quickly produce large
quantities with high quality and for a good price."

A cross-section down the length of the body will cost €12,000
($17,800), while a cross-section across the body will be
priced at €250, or €1,600 for a 16-slice set. A typical
corpse can produce eight vertical cross-sections or 230
horizontal cross-sections.

However, only a minority of the donated bodies will be
available for purchase by private individuals as 80 percent
of donors, who make their bodies available free of charge to
von Hagens, stipulate that they can only be used "for
scientific progress."

There's another hitch: the German law against "disturbing the
peace of the dead" which makes it illegal to commit
"insulting mischief" with the body parts of the deceased.
Diwersi told Bild that their lawyers were currently
investigating the conditions under which corpse slices could
be sold to private individuals. However, she expressed
optimism that "in three or four months, anyone will be able
to buy the slices on the Internet or in our Plastinarium."

Around 25 million people have viewed von Hagens' "Body
Worlds" exhibitions, which show preserved human specimens in
a variety of poses, in cities across Asia, Europe and North
America over the last 10 years, according to the "Body
Worlds" Web site.

--
Rob Cypher bal...@aol.com
http://robcypher.livejournal.com

Mark K. Bilbo

Feb 5, 2008, 6:58:53 PM2/5/08
On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 22:26:30 +0000 in foanqm$s1r$2...@news.tambov.ru, crank
dat s00perman <supe...@that.ho> wrote:

> Looking for an unusual gift or that perfect ornament for your living
> room? How about a cross-section of a preserved corpse,

Um... no.

--
Mark K. Bilbo a.a. #1423
EAC Department of Linguistic Subversion

Frank Mayhar

Feb 5, 2008, 11:17:22 PM2/5/08
Subject: BUY YOUR OWN PLASTICIZED PRESERVED CORPSE TODAY!!!!!
^^^^^^^^

Wait, what?
--
Frank Mayhar fr...@exit.com http://www.exit.com/
Exit Consulting http://www.gpsclock.com/

Mark K. Bilbo

Feb 6, 2008, 6:47:32 AM2/6/08
On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 20:17:22 -0800 in ivon75-...@tinker.exit.com,
Frank Mayhar <fr...@exit.com> wrote:

> Subject: BUY YOUR OWN PLASTICIZED PRESERVED CORPSE TODAY!!!!!
> ^^^^^^^^
>
> Wait, what?

Wait 'til you hear the, ahem, price...

--
Mark K. Bilbo a.a. #1423
EAC Department of Linguistic Subversion

“The older I grow the more I distrust the familiar
doctrine that age brings wisdom.”

- H. L. Mencken

Gwen Bennet

Feb 6, 2008, 7:12:40 AM2/6/08
On Feb 5, 5:26 pm, crank dat s00perman <supers...@that.ho> wrote:

[...]

> Looking for an unusual gift or that perfect ornament for your
> living room? How about a cross-section of a preserved corpse,
> courtesy of "Body Worlds" entrepreneur Gunther von Hagens --

> a snip at EURO 12,000.

Wentzky can't afford it.

Robibnikoff

Feb 6, 2008, 8:03:04 AM2/6/08

"Mark K. Bilbo" <gm...@com.mkbilbo> wrote in message

> On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 22:26:30 +0000 in foanqm$s1r$2...@news.tambov.ru, crank
> dat s00perman <supe...@that.ho> wrote:
>
>> Looking for an unusual gift or that perfect ornament for your living
>> room? How about a cross-section of a preserved corpse,
>
> Um... no.

Shoot. So much for your birthday present................
--
Robyn
Resident Witchypoo

Robibnikoff

Feb 6, 2008, 8:03:30 AM2/6/08

> On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 20:17:22 -0800 in ivon75-...@tinker.exit.com,
> Frank Mayhar <fr...@exit.com> wrote:
>
>> Subject: BUY YOUR OWN PLASTICIZED PRESERVED CORPSE TODAY!!!!!
>> ^^^^^^^^
>>
>> Wait, what?
>
> Wait 'til you hear the, ahem, price...

You could get to the website?

Mark K. Bilbo

Feb 6, 2008, 8:25:48 AM2/6/08
On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 08:03:30 -0500 in 60tpgkF...@mid.individual.net,
"Robibnikoff" <witc...@broomstick.com> wrote:

> "Mark K. Bilbo" <gm...@com.mkbilbo> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 20:17:22 -0800 in ivon75-...@tinker.exit.com,
>> Frank Mayhar <fr...@exit.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Subject: BUY YOUR OWN PLASTICIZED PRESERVED CORPSE TODAY!!!!!
>>> ^^^^^^^^
>>>
>>> Wait, what?
>>
>> Wait 'til you hear the, ahem, price...
>
> You could get to the website?

Didn't even try.

Wouldn't try.

Not if they're going offer me *my* plasticized, preserved corpse!

(I mean, imagine the postage)

--
Mark K. Bilbo a.a. #1423
EAC Department of Linguistic Subversion

“Democracy is the theory that the common people
know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

- H. L. Mencken

Hatter

Feb 6, 2008, 8:33:07 AM2/6/08

How much is that in gold pressed Latinum?

Hatter

Doc Smartass

Feb 6, 2008, 7:18:52 PM2/6/08
"Robibnikoff" <witc...@broomstick.com> wrote in news:60tpfrF1sg5ebU1
@mid.individual.net:

> "Mark K. Bilbo" <gm...@com.mkbilbo> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 22:26:30 +0000 in foanqm$s1r$2...@news.tambov.ru,
crank
>> dat s00perman <supe...@that.ho> wrote:
>>
>>> Looking for an unusual gift or that perfect ornament for your living
>>> room? How about a cross-section of a preserved corpse,
>>
>> Um... no.
>
> Shoot. So much for your birthday present................

Road kill.

Saran Wrap.

The Do-It-Yourself kit!

--
Doc Smartass, BAAWA Knight of Heckling
aa # 1939

"Whenever preachers appeal to hellfire as a way
of reinforcing injunctions, you can bet they have
failed to make a persuasive moral argument."
- James Carroll (Boston Globe)

Smiler

Feb 7, 2008, 12:25:23 AM2/7/08

"crank dat s00perman" <supe...@that.ho> wrote in message

> http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/0,1518,532934,0
> 0.html
>
> Looking for an unusual gift or that perfect ornament for your
> living room? How about a cross-section of a preserved corpse,
> courtesy of "Body Worlds" entrepreneur Gunther von Hagens --
> a snip at €12,000.

Why would I want one of those in my living room?

<Thinks....>
If it's a male corpse, it might be useful as a hat stand.

Smiler,
The godless one
a.a.# 2279

Robibnikoff

Feb 7, 2008, 12:04:47 PM2/7/08

"Doc Smartass" <gek...@astroskivviesboymail.com> wrote in message

> "Robibnikoff" <witc...@broomstick.com> wrote in news:60tpfrF1sg5ebU1
> @mid.individual.net:
>

>> "Mark K. Bilbo" <gm...@com.mkbilbo> wrote in message
>>> On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 22:26:30 +0000 in foanqm$s1r$2...@news.tambov.ru,
> crank

>>> Um... no.
>>
>> Shoot. So much for your birthday present................
>
> Road kill.
>
> Saran Wrap.
>
> The Do-It-Yourself kit!

Yummy! ;)

Hatter

Feb 7, 2008, 12:17:54 PM2/7/08
On Feb 7, 12:04 pm, "Robibnikoff" <witchy...@broomstick.com> wrote:
> "Doc Smartass" <gek...@astroskivviesboymail.com> wrote in message

> > "Robibnikoff" <witchy...@broomstick.com> wrote in news:60tpfrF1sg5ebU1

> > @mid.individual.net:
>
> >> "Mark K. Bilbo" <gm...@com.mkbilbo> wrote in message
> > crank

> >> Shoot. So much for your birthday present................
>
> > Road kill.
>
> > Saran Wrap.
>
> > The Do-It-Yourself kit!
>
> Yummy! ;)
> --
> Robyn
> Resident Witchypoo
> BAAWA Knight!

MAD MAX jerky:

whats needed:

Large Car with reinforced front bumper

Tinfoil

wire

Australian "Thatsa" knife

Jug of redwine, with soy sauce, liquid smoke, black pepper, hot
sauce, and
whatever spices you can find added.

Directions:
1) Find Animal and run it over
2) Skin it
3) Cut flesh off in strips no deeper than 1 inch/2.5mm thick
4) Soak it with contents in jug
5) Wrap in tinfoil
6) Open hood and place tinfoiled fesh in stategic parts of engine
where they will not get caught in moving parts, wire it down if
needed.
7)Close hood
8) Drive, mother fucker! DRIVE!
9) Enjoy
10) fend off scavengers

Hatter

Robibnikoff

Feb 7, 2008, 12:27:33 PM2/7/08

"Hatter" <Hatt...@gmail.com> wrote in message

MAD MAX jerky:

whats needed:

Tinfoil

wire

Australian "Thatsa" knife

Urk! Thank goodness I read that after I ate lunch and not before! :P

Hatter

Feb 7, 2008, 12:47:09 PM2/7/08
On Feb 7, 12:27 pm, "Robibnikoff" <witchy...@broomstick.com> wrote:
> "Hatter" <Hatte...@gmail.com> wrote in message

What's a matter...too picky to eat egine cooked flesh? Its actually
quite good

see:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0375751408?i

It is your Manifold Destiny!

Hatter

Hatter

Robibnikoff

Feb 7, 2008, 5:36:30 PM2/7/08

"Hatter" <Hatt...@gmail.com> wrote

>What's a matter...too picky to eat egine cooked flesh? Its actually
>quite good

>see:
>http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0375751408?i

>It is your Manifold Destiny!

Eeeewwww! Even if I wasn't already a vegetarian, I wouldn't eat that! :O