The Thrill Of The Chaste: Finding Fulfillment While Keeping Your Clothes On

Sound of Trumpet

Jun 27, 2006, 5:28:46 PM6/27/06
http://www.dawneden.com/2006/06/chaste-taste.html

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Chaste Taste

My book The Thrill of the Chaste: Finding Fulfillment While Keeping
Your Clothes On, due out in December, is now available for pre-order on
Amazon.com.

Since Amazon won't yet let you look inside the book, my publisher has
allowed me to give you a little taste.

The following is from Chapter 9, "Tender Mercies: Reconnecting with
Your Vulnerability":

The realization that I had blunted my emotions for the sake of physical
pleasure helped me gain the strength to resist casual sex.

Healing the damage takes time-but there are some fun surprises along
the way. The biggest surprise for me has been discovering how much
there is to like about men.

I now notice things about the men in my life that I never noticed
before, like their thoughtfulness, their love of family, their
integrity, even their vulnerability. These are intangible qualities
that don't jump out at you when you're in a frame of mind where
you're viewing men only as potential dates. Put together, they add up
to character. It's the most important quality to seek in a husband,
and the one that's least discussed in this day and age.

Likewise, when you become chaste, you'll notice for the first time
that women who have sex outside of marriage don't really appreciate
men. You can't see this when you're having nonmarital sex, because
you don't realize how much there really is about men to appreciate.
You think the mere fact that you're attracted to them and that they
seem to wield such power over you shows you appreciate them for what
they really are. From there, it's a short step to the cynical
stereotype we all know from popular culture-the worldly wise, "been
there, done that" single woman who doesn't trust men any farther
than she can throw them.

On television and in movies, if a single woman is friends with a man,
the pal's more often than not a homosexual. The message is that
heterosexual men aren't capable of friendship or even worthy of it.
In contrast, gay men are depicted as safe and nonthreatening,
trustworthy, and having more to give than straight men.

Imagine if the tables were turned. Imagine watching a TV sitcom where
all the gay men are Neanderthal lunkheads, while the kind, thoughtful
straight men are always ready to help their female friends without
asking sexual favors in return.

If you saw a show like that, you'd think the producers really had it
out for gay men. Yet, many women tolerate such stereotyping against
straight men, because they're conditioned to expect "manly men"
to lack character. Part of this conditioning comes from the media, but
a large part of it-I'd say, most-comes from such women's own
warped perspectives, brought about by the superficial nature of their
dating experiences.

When I had nonmarital sex, I became accustomed to seeing myself as a
commodity-a varied collection of looks, wit, intellect, and je ne
sais quois. I looked for men whose commodities were worth as much as my
own.

Most of all, I looked for men whose commodities were readily apparent.
The singles scene isn't known for its subtlety. Men who were reserved
or modest, who didn't flirt readily, who weren't attuned to my
single-gal vibe-the nature of my casual-sex mind-set forced them all
out of the running.

Is it any surprise, then, that I tended to date narcissists? And that I
believed, if I let them reach me emotionally, they would hurt me? So, I
built up walls of protection. I thought I was "guarding my heart."

Today, I see those walls for what they really are - and they look
like poorly installed weather insulation. They don't do anything
they're supposed to do. The chill winds of rejection seep through,
while the warm breezes of love are muffled.

I still have a lot to learn about sustaining a lasting relationship,
but I firmly believe that during the time I've spent working at
chastity, the hardness that men perceived in me has been gradually
melting away. In its place are an openness and a vulnerability that
makes me more susceptible to being hurt, but infinitely more capable of
attaining and sustaining the lifelong marriage my heart desires.

--sexkitten--

Jun 27, 2006, 5:59:55 PM6/27/06
Sound of Trumpet wrote:

The Thrill of the Orgasm: Finding Fulfillment Without Your Clothes On.

People like sex, Blowhard. It's what they are designed for. Learn to
deal with that fact of life.
<snip>

--
--sexkitten--
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.

Cary Kittrell

Jun 27, 2006, 6:06:40 PM6/27/06
In article <44a1a420$0$31095$8826...@alt.teranews.com> --sexkitten-- <ladyhawk_...@hotmail.com> writes:
> Sound of Trumpet wrote:
>
> The Thrill of the Orgasm: Finding Fulfillment Without Your Clothes On.
>

> People like sex, Blowhard. It's what they are designed for. Learn to
> deal with that fact of life.
> <snip>
>

> --
> --sexkitten--

Damn straight. That's why people don't choose nyms like
`housecleaningkitten' or `TVwatchingkitten'.

-- carykitten

--sexkitten--

Jun 27, 2006, 6:14:34 PM6/27/06

Ya know, soda pop really hurts when sprayed through the nose....

Johnny

Jun 27, 2006, 6:17:03 PM6/27/06

"--sexkitten--" <ladyhawk_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Sound of Trumpet wrote:
>
> The Thrill of the Orgasm: Finding Fulfillment Without Your Clothes On.
>
> People like sex, Blowhard. It's what they are designed for. Learn to deal
> with that fact of life.
> <snip>

When are you going to grow out of puberty?

Cary Kittrell

Jun 27, 2006, 6:17:58 PM6/27/06
In article <44a1a78f$0$31094$8826...@alt.teranews.com> --sexkitten-- <ladyhawk_...@hotmail.com> writes:
> Cary Kittrell wrote:
> > In article <44a1a420$0$31095$8826...@alt.teranews.com> --sexkitten-- <ladyhawk_...@hotmail.com> writes:
> >
> >>Sound of Trumpet wrote:
> >>
> >>The Thrill of the Orgasm: Finding Fulfillment Without Your Clothes On.
> >>

> >>People like sex, Blowhard. It's what they are designed for. Learn to
> >>deal with that fact of life.
> >><snip>
> >>

> >>--
> >>--sexkitten--
> >

> > Damn straight. That's why people don't choose nyms like
> > `housecleaningkitten' or `TVwatchingkitten'.
> >

> > -- carykitten
>
> Ya know, soda pop really hurts when sprayed through the nose....
>
> --
> --sexkitten--

Or `knittingkitten'. Definitely should have thought of
`knittingkitten'.

-- cary

--sexkitten--

Jun 27, 2006, 6:19:21 PM6/27/06
Johnny wrote:

Oh now let me see, I'd say maybe...about 15 years ago.
Are you suggesting that anyone who has an orgasm is immature? Or is that
attitude reserved for women?

Cary Kittrell

Jun 27, 2006, 6:24:56 PM6/27/06
In article <1151443726.7...@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com> "Sound of Trumpet" <soundof...@fastmail.fm> writes:
> http://www.dawneden.com/2006/06/chaste-taste.html
>

> Tuesday, June 13, 2006
>
> Chaste Taste
>

> My book The Thrill of the Chaste: Finding Fulfillment While Keeping
> Your Clothes On, due out in December, is now available for pre-order on
> Amazon.com.
>

> Since Amazon won't yet let you look inside the book, my publisher has
> allowed me to give you a little taste.
>
> The following is from Chapter 9, "Tender Mercies: Reconnecting with
> Your Vulnerability":
>

> The realization that I had blunted my emotions for the sake of physical
> pleasure helped me gain the strength to resist casual sex.
>
> Healing the damage takes time-but there are some fun surprises along
> the way. The biggest surprise for me has been discovering how much
> there is to like about men.
>
> I now notice things about the men in my life that I never noticed
> before, like their thoughtfulness, their love of family, their
> integrity, even their vulnerability. These are intangible qualities
> that don't jump out at you when you're in a frame of mind where
> you're viewing men only as potential dates. Put together, they add up
> to character. It's the most important quality to seek in a husband,
> and the one that's least discussed in this day and age.

Geez. Sounds like Dawn Eden never learned the Prime Directive
of fucking-for-fun, which is "Never boink anyone you don't
really like. A lot".

I didn't realize it was a secret.

-- cary

Johnny

Jun 27, 2006, 6:42:54 PM6/27/06

> Johnny wrote:
>
>> "--sexkitten--" <ladyhawk_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Sound of Trumpet wrote:
>>>
>>>The Thrill of the Orgasm: Finding Fulfillment Without Your Clothes On.
>>>
>>>People like sex, Blowhard. It's what they are designed for. Learn to deal
>>>with that fact of life.
>>><snip>
>>

>> When are you going to grow out of puberty?
>
> Oh now let me see, I'd say maybe...about 15 years ago.
> Are you suggesting that anyone who has an orgasm is immature?

No. Just saying that the 'big O' isn't the only thing that matters in life.

> Or is that attitude reserved for women?

LOL!
You musta had bfs who were only in it for their own pleasure.
I wonder if that is why you think about me as you do.

Douglas Berry

Jun 27, 2006, 8:05:55 PM6/27/06
What's so funny about peace, love and "Johnny"
<wxpprof...@msn.com> posting the following on Tue, 27 Jun 2006
18:42:54 -0400 iin alt.atheism?

>> Oh now let me see, I'd say maybe...about 15 years ago.
>> Are you suggesting that anyone who has an orgasm is immature?
>
>No. Just saying that the 'big O' isn't the only thing that matters in life.

Biologically, it is the only thing that matters. Reproducing is the
purpose of every lifeform.

Anyone who denies this, and the effect it has on our culture, is an
idiot.
--

Douglas Berry Do the OBVIOUS thing to send e-mail
Atheist #2147, Atheist Vet #5

"The belief in the Christian god... is an appalling nightmare. I reject
the notion that the whole universe was created by this kind of evil
creature who would create such a thing." - Anthony Flew, March 22, 2005

Johnny

Jun 27, 2006, 8:25:47 PM6/27/06

"Douglas Berry" <pengu...@mindOBVIOUSspring.com> wrote in message

> What's so funny about peace, love and "Johnny"
> <wxpprof...@msn.com> posting the following on Tue, 27 Jun 2006
> 18:42:54 -0400 iin alt.atheism?
>>>
>>> Oh now let me see, I'd say maybe...about 15 years ago.
>>> Are you suggesting that anyone who has an orgasm is immature?
>>
>>No. Just saying that the 'big O' isn't the only thing that matters in
>>life.
>
> Biologically, it is the only thing that matters.

What an idiot I see.

> Reproducing is the
> purpose of every lifeform.

Reproduction is only one purpose.
Now, you act as if abortion os unneeded.

> Anyone who denies this, and the effect it has on our culture, is an
> idiot.

Nah. You are obviously the idiot here, because your statements are so
one-dimensional.
There is more to life than orgasms and reproduction.
I guess you forgot that females do not necessarily need to attain orgasm to
become pregnant.

Pastor Kutchie

Jun 28, 2006, 12:50:36 AM6/28/06

Well, she does admit she has a lot to learn about relationships (so,
why does she think she's entitled to write a book about them?).

panam...@hotmail.com

Jun 28, 2006, 3:51:10 AM6/28/06

Sound of Trumpet wrote:
> http://www.dawneden.com/2006/06/chaste-taste.html
>

> Tuesday, June 13, 2006
>
> Chaste Taste
>

> My book The Thrill of the Chaste: Finding Fulfillment While Keeping
> Your Clothes On, due out in December, is now available for pre-order on
> Amazon.com.

Abstinence is for ugly people. Of course, sometimes ugly people have
sex too. And sometimes stupid people have sex and produce stupid
offspring. Like your parents.

-Panama Floyd, Atl.
aa#2015, Member Knights of BAAWA!
EAC Martian Commander
"..the prayer cloth of one aeon is the doormat of the next."
-Mark Twain

Religious societies are *less* moral than secular ones:
http://moses.creighton.edu/JRS/2005/2005-11.html

Geopelia

Jun 28, 2006, 7:37:46 AM6/28/06

> Sound of Trumpet wrote:
>> http://www.dawneden.com/2006/06/chaste-taste.html
>>

>> Tuesday, June 13, 2006
>>
>> Chaste Taste
>>

>> My book The Thrill of the Chaste: Finding Fulfillment While Keeping
>> Your Clothes On, due out in December, is now available for pre-order on
>> Amazon.com.

A vibrator will work while keeping your clothes on! Try it.

Douglas Berry

Jun 28, 2006, 9:05:18 AM6/28/06
What's so funny about peace, love and "Johnny"
<wxpprof...@msn.com> posting the following on Tue, 27 Jun 2006
20:25:47 -0400 iin alt.atheism?

>"Douglas Berry" <pengu...@mindOBVIOUSspring.com> wrote in message
>> What's so funny about peace, love and "Johnny"
>> <wxpprof...@msn.com> posting the following on Tue, 27 Jun 2006
>> 18:42:54 -0400 iin alt.atheism?

>>>No. Just saying that the 'big O' isn't the only thing that matters in
>>>life.
>>
>> Biologically, it is the only thing that matters.
>
>What an idiot I see.

Yoda, that you?

>> Reproducing is the
>> purpose of every lifeform.
>
>Reproduction is only one purpose.

No it is the only bilogical purpose. Reproduce. Everything else is in
support of that drive.

>Now, you act as if abortion os unneeded.

Where did I say that?

>> Anyone who denies this, and the effect it has on our culture, is an
>> idiot.
>
>Nah. You are obviously the idiot here, because your statements are so
>one-dimensional.

Looked at modern advertising recently?

>There is more to life than orgasms and reproduction.

Yes there is, but at the basic level we exist to pass on our genes.

>I guess you forgot that females do not necessarily need to attain orgasm to
>become pregnant.

True, but orgasms are a great incentive to engage in sex. Lacking a
defined mating season, early humans needed another goad to stop
looking for food and screw.

Cary Kittrell

Jun 28, 2006, 1:10:37 PM6/28/06

I was amused by the "You can fuck men or you can like men" tenor.
I suppose I've been lucky in never being involved for long with
anyone I didn't like bunches.

-- cary

Ray Fischer

Jun 29, 2006, 3:16:22 AM6/29/06
Sound of Trumpet <soundof...@fastmail.fm> wrote:
>http://www.dawneden.com/2006/06/chaste-taste.html
>

>Tuesday, June 13, 2006
>
>Chaste Taste
>

>My book The Thrill of the Chaste: Finding Fulfillment While Keeping
>Your Clothes On, due out in December, is now available for pre-order on
>Amazon.com.

Yeah, that whole chastity thing has worked real well over the past,
oh, two thousand years or so.

--
Ray Fischer
rfis...@sonic.net

--sexkitten--

Jun 30, 2006, 2:32:58 PM6/30/06
Johnny wrote:

> "--sexkitten--" <ladyhawk_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Johnny wrote:
>>

>>>"--sexkitten--" <ladyhawk_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>>When are you going to grow out of puberty?
>>
>>Oh now let me see, I'd say maybe...about 15 years ago.
>>Are you suggesting that anyone who has an orgasm is immature?
>

> No. Just saying that the 'big O' isn't the only thing that matters in life.

The sex drive is second only to the survival instinct as the most
powerful driving force of a human being. So yes, it's a bit important.

>>Or is that attitude reserved for women?
>

> LOL!
> You musta had bfs who were only in it for their own pleasure.

No. I'm pretty choosy that way.

> I wonder if that is why you think about me as you do.

I think you're in the running with Sneechres for "Usenet's Most
Disturbed And Hateful Poster". I don't see how that relates to orgasm,
but I'm sure you'll find a way.

--sexkitten--
Sneechres and the art of projection- part 1
1130732777.8...@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com
Psychologists call it"leveling." You either have to inflate your own
sense of self-worth
somehow or try and bring others down to you.
1124331927.055772.23...@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com
> My wife and kids would be amused.
But they aren't because they're clinically insane.
"Sneechres"
1121916996.744137.114...@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com
That's what's called self-evidently insane. You should probably not be
allowed out in public unattended.
"Sneechres"
1414fd53.0411240004.1ac2d...@posting.google.com
LMAO! You are certainly insane.
"Sneechres"
1414fd53.04112...@posting.google.com
your borderline insane viewpoint.
"Sneechres"
1414fd53.04112...@posting.google.com
the two hypocritical and insane points you were making
"Sneechres"
1414fd53.04081...@posting.google.com
if you want to continue to be completely insane...
...Now you, a completely insane moron idiot leftist
"Sneechres"