My New Gameshow: Guess the Religion!

Jeremy Martin

Jun 19, 2002, 12:30:54 AM6/19/02
Well, "Guess the Religion" because apparently I'm not very bright and can't
remember which group does this.

There's a group where the females are always wearing skirts to the ankles,
always preferring jean-type material. Think these are Mormons, or some
other crazy cult/sect/circle-jerk I'm not remembering?

--
Jeremy Martin (Dethstryk) aa #75C
BAAWA Knit

"My dad used to give out habanero peppers to kids on Halloween and tell
them they were little pumpkins. Stupid kids."
- crotchrot, SA Forums

Dave W

Jun 19, 2002, 12:53:46 AM6/19/02
Jeremy Martin wrote in alt.atheism:

> Well, "Guess the Religion" because apparently I'm not very
> bright and can't remember which group does this.
>
> There's a group where the females are always wearing skirts
> to the ankles, always preferring jean-type material. Think
> these are Mormons, or some other crazy
> cult/sect/circle-jerk I'm not remembering?

Seventh Day Adventists are pretty restrictive on their
womenfolk. No jewelry, no makeup, they are vegitarians and
caffeine is forbidden. YMMV depending on how observant the
person.

--
Dave W a.a. #1967
ROT e-mail addy in header

Jeremy Martin

Jun 19, 2002, 6:28:47 AM6/19/02
[alt.atheism] Dave W (yermon...@mydoor.netinvalid):

>> Well, "Guess the Religion" because apparently I'm not very
>> bright and can't remember which group does this.
>>
>> There's a group where the females are always wearing skirts
>> to the ankles, always preferring jean-type material. Think
>> these are Mormons, or some other crazy
>> cult/sect/circle-jerk I'm not remembering?
>
> Seventh Day Adventists are pretty restrictive on their
> womenfolk. No jewelry, no makeup, they are vegitarians and
> caffeine is forbidden. YMMV depending on how observant the
> person.

I can't remember if they had jewelry or not, but they certainly weren't
wearing makeup. I should have checked on what they were eating to see if
it was a bunch of vegetables or something. Hrm.

Damnit, I'm curious. I'm about to walk up to one of them next I
encounter one, so I can pat them on the head and silently hump their
leg. Er, I mean.. ask them what faith or whatever they are.

--
Jeremy Martin (Dethstryk) aa #75C
BAAWA Knit

"... Of course, I also buy Zelda games to stare at Link's ass as he runs
around the screen, so I'm sure Nintendo isn't really interested if they
lose this demographic." - Craptacular!, SA Forums

Liz

Jun 19, 2002, 7:36:50 AM6/19/02
On Wed, 19 Jun 2002 10:28:47 -0000, Jeremy Martin
<jema...@NOtcaSPAMinternet.com>,
<Xns923237D95CA14je...@216.168.3.40>, wrote:

>[alt.atheism] Dave W (yermon...@mydoor.netinvalid):
>
>>> Well, "Guess the Religion" because apparently I'm not very
>>> bright and can't remember which group does this.
>>>
>>> There's a group where the females are always wearing skirts
>>> to the ankles, always preferring jean-type material. Think
>>> these are Mormons, or some other crazy
>>> cult/sect/circle-jerk I'm not remembering?
>>
>> Seventh Day Adventists are pretty restrictive on their
>> womenfolk. No jewelry, no makeup, they are vegitarians and
>> caffeine is forbidden. YMMV depending on how observant the
>> person.
>
>I can't remember if they had jewelry or not, but they certainly weren't
>wearing makeup. I should have checked on what they were eating to see if
>it was a bunch of vegetables or something. Hrm.
>
>Damnit, I'm curious. I'm about to walk up to one of them next I
>encounter one, so I can pat them on the head and silently hump their
>leg. Er, I mean.. ask them what faith or whatever they are.

It may be the Apostolic Church. We have a lot of Apostolics in the area.
The women usually wear a small doily type thing in their hair over a pony
tail as well as always wearing ankle length skirts. Here's a small excerpt
from a website.

http://www.apostolicchristian.org/welcome/lifestyle.htm

"Outward holiness is distinguished by restraint, discretion, and moderation
in attire. Costly array17 and conformity to fancy and ridiculous styles in
clothing are avoided.18 Gender distinction in attire and in general
appearance is according to God's will. For women, outward piety is
reflected by a chaste, non-sensual appearance.19 Long hair gathered in a
modest style, together with the absence of cosmetic enhancements and
jewelry, are reflective of an inner holiness and humility."

HTH

Überwench #658 Now a *real* atheist!

Dame Liz the Undaunted BAAWA
Charter Member of SMASH

Jeremy Martin

Jun 19, 2002, 7:45:56 AM6/19/02
[alt.atheism] Liz (ehu...@donotspam.com):

>> Damnit, I'm curious. I'm about to walk up to one of them next I
>> encounter one, so I can pat them on the head and silently hump their
>> leg. Er, I mean.. ask them what faith or whatever they are.
>
> It may be the Apostolic Church. We have a lot of Apostolics in the
> area. The women usually wear a small doily type thing in their hair
> over a pony tail as well as always wearing ankle length skirts.
> Here's a small excerpt from a website.
>
> http://www.apostolicchristian.org/welcome/lifestyle.htm

Hrm, sounds pretty close. I should look around for an Apostolic church in
the area, because I didn't know there was one.

--
Jeremy Martin (Dethstryk) aa #75C
BAAWA Knit

"You can't have everything... where would you put it?"
- Steve Wright

James Jensen

Jun 19, 2002, 12:05:48 PM6/19/02
Dave W <yermon...@mydoor.netinvalid> wrote in message news:<Xns9231DEC05...@199.45.49.11>...

> Jeremy Martin wrote in alt.atheism:
>
> > Well, "Guess the Religion" because apparently I'm not very
> > bright and can't remember which group does this.
> >
> > There's a group where the females are always wearing skirts
> > to the ankles, always preferring jean-type material. Think
> > these are Mormons, or some other crazy
> > cult/sect/circle-jerk I'm not remembering?
> >

> Seventh Day Adventists are pretty restrictive on their
> womenfolk. No jewelry, no makeup, they are vegitarians and
> caffeine is forbidden. YMMV depending on how observant the
> person.

Don't they also grow their hair long? BTW, what is "YMMV"?

----
James Jensen

MEow

Jun 19, 2002, 12:20:59 PM6/19/02
james_je...@hotmail.com (James Jensen) writes:

>BTW, what is "YMMV"?

"Your Mileage May Vary"

HTH

--
Nikitta on Ichi's computer. Kitten owned human
aa# 1759

Michael Painter

Jun 19, 2002, 1:39:50 PM6/19/02

"Jeremy Martin" <jema...@NOtcaSPAMinternet.com> wrote in message

> [alt.atheism] Dave W (yermon...@mydoor.netinvalid):
>
> >> Well, "Guess the Religion" because apparently I'm not very
> >> bright and can't remember which group does this.
> >>
> >> There's a group where the females are always wearing skirts
> >> to the ankles, always preferring jean-type material. Think
> >> these are Mormons, or some other crazy
> >> cult/sect/circle-jerk I'm not remembering?
Mormon women in California tend to wear what everybody else does. You can't
tell them apart.
I saw "The King and I" put on by the Mormon church a while back. (Who else
could put that show on with a full compliment of children?) Done in their
church auditorion with a mostly, I asume, Mormon audience. It is very
interesting to see a large body of Mormon men together. Especially in
profile there is a marked family resembelence.

> > Seventh Day Adventists are pretty restrictive on their
> > womenfolk. No jewelry, no makeup, they are vegitarians and
> > caffeine is forbidden. YMMV depending on how observant the
> > person.

Again in California they are hard to tell. Certainly no ankle length stuff.
The Mennonites are easy to spot. Married women wear their hair up and with a
little cap, usually plain dresses but nothing to the ankle and not denim.

You may have a special little group.

Packman

Jun 19, 2002, 2:27:50 PM6/19/02
MEow wrote:

> james_je...@hotmail.com (James Jensen) writes:
>
> >BTW, what is "YMMV"?
> >
> "Your Mileage May Vary"

> HTH

BVPM.

Beowulf

Jun 19, 2002, 2:45:20 PM6/19/02
On 19 Jun 2002 18:20:59 +0200, MEow <nik...@ichimusai.org>
ejaculated:

>james_je...@hotmail.com (James Jensen) writes:
>

>>BTW, what is "YMMV"?
>>
>"Your Mileage May Vary"
>
>HTH

HAND

"You know I don't think they have enough gods on sticks."
- Cameron Diaz in "There's Something About The Virgin Mary"

MEow

Jun 19, 2002, 2:53:14 PM6/19/02
Packman <pma...@yahoo.com> writes:

> > >BTW, what is "YMMV"?
> > >
> > "Your Mileage May Vary"
>
> > HTH
>
> BVPM.

*That's* new on me!

--
Nikitta on Ichi's computer. Kitten owned human
aa# 1759

"The ratio of damn fools to villains is high" Robert Heinlein
(The Puppet Masters)

Daniel Kolle

Jun 19, 2002, 3:49:25 PM6/19/02
Jeremy Martin <jema...@NOtcaSPAMinternet.com> thought hard and said:

>Well, "Guess the Religion" because apparently I'm not very bright and can't
>remember which group does this.
>
>There's a group where the females are always wearing skirts to the ankles,
>always preferring jean-type material. Think these are Mormons, or some
>other crazy cult/sect/circle-jerk I'm not remembering?

Church of Gawd?
--
-Kolle (kohl-lee); 14. A.A. #2035.
EAC Director of the Department of Phonetic Spelling.

Dave W

Jun 19, 2002, 4:22:06 PM6/19/02
Michael Painter wrote in alt.atheism:

That is very likely. There are some non-denominational xians
that are bunched up pretty tight. They are PROBABLY the ONES
that capitalize THEIR posts like THIS...

Packman

Jun 19, 2002, 5:49:56 PM6/19/02
MEow wrote:

> > > "Your Mileage May Vary"
> >
> > > HTH
> >
> > BVPM.
>
> *That's* new on me!

I just made it up. :)

The Avender

Jun 19, 2002, 8:05:31 PM6/19/02
To the fair-minded denizens of alt.atheism on Wed, 19 Jun 2002
04:30:54 -0000, Jeremy Martin <jema...@NOtcaSPAMinternet.com> did
henceforth proclaim:

>Well, "Guess the Religion" because apparently I'm not very bright and can't
>remember which group does this.
>
>There's a group where the females are always wearing skirts to the ankles,
>always preferring jean-type material. Think these are Mormons, or some
>other crazy cult/sect/circle-jerk I'm not remembering?

Could also be Mennonites. They even wear the head caps - at least the
women do, since women are supposed to cover their heads before going
into the church. But I know one woman who dresses like this all the
time. Her hair grows long, she never wears makeup, but she's a very
amicable person & if she *is* religious, she's at least quite
tolerant. She and I have gawked together at many fine pieces of
manhood over the years & shared our opinions of various "manly
asses"... er... "assets", I meant... :-)

L8r,
Bill, The Avender
http://www.usenet.com

Lord Calvert

Jun 19, 2002, 9:33:23 PM6/19/02
>>There's a group where the females are always wearing skirts to the ankles,
>>always preferring jean-type material. Think these are Mormons, or some
>>other crazy cult/sect/circle-jerk I'm not remembering?
>
>Could also be Mennonites. They even wear the head caps - at least the
>women do, since women are supposed to cover their heads before going
>into the church.

There is a rather large Mennonite community in this area (western NY). One day
I was at Marineland in Niagara Falls, Ontario taking my kids out for a day of
fun. At the end of the day the kids and I were rummaging through the gift shop
for souveniers. In the shop was a very young Mennonite couple on an outing.
They were dressed traditionally but when I looked down I saw that the girl was
wearing Nike Lady Jordans.

I had to leave the gift shop I was laughing so hard.

Rich Goranson, Amherst, NY, USA (aa#MCMXCIX)

"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as
I'm the dictator." - George W. Bush, during a photo-op with Congressional
leaders 18 December 2000

Wolf333

Jun 19, 2002, 11:00:34 PM6/19/02

> Well, "Guess the Religion" because apparently I'm not very bright and
can't
> remember which group does this.
>
> There's a group where the females are always wearing skirts to the ankles,
> always preferring jean-type material. Think these are Mormons, or some
> other crazy cult/sect/circle-jerk I'm not remembering?

The pentacostals from my are (well, where I grew up) wore long denim skirts
for everyday wear. They kept their hair long and straight, wore no makeup,
etc.

--
____
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot+++

MEow

Jun 20, 2002, 3:04:40 AM6/20/02
Packman <pma...@yahoo.com> writes:

Then please decipher it?

--
Nikitta on Ichi's computer. Kitten owned human
aa# 1759

"UNLESS you die, you are immortal." bd (afda)

Packman

Jun 20, 2002, 12:01:23 PM6/20/02
MEow wrote:

> > > *That's* new on me!
> >
> > I just made it up. :)
>
> Then please decipher it?

You have to guess. :)

MEow

Jun 20, 2002, 1:04:58 PM6/20/02
Packman <pma...@yahoo.com> writes:

Alright then,

Beautiful Venus Pleases Me
Bouncing Villain Plies Mobile-phone
Benevolent Voice Pikes Movingly
Be Very Plentiful, Mylady
Bounce violently, Please Mom
Babble Vigorously & Pointless MEow

Enough?

--
Nikitta on Ichi's computer. Kitten owned human
aa# 1759

""I doubts to the finich,
'cause I smokes me spinach . . ."" Apostate (a.a.)

Wolf333

Jun 20, 2002, 1:46:15 PM6/20/02
"MEow" <nik...@ichimusai.org> wrote in message

> > > Then please decipher it?
> >
> > You have to guess. :)
>
> Alright then,
>
> Beautiful Venus Pleases Me

I like this one (hur, hur)

Etherman

Jun 28, 2002, 2:35:01 PM6/28/02

"Jeremy Martin" <jema...@NOtcaSPAMinternet.com> wrote in message
> Well, "Guess the Religion" because apparently I'm not very bright
and can't
> remember which group does this.
>
> There's a group where the females are always wearing skirts to the
ankles,
> always preferring jean-type material. Think these are Mormons, or
some
> other crazy cult/sect/circle-jerk I'm not remembering?

Possibly Mormons. Don't they have some kind of secret denim underwear
thing?

--
Etherman

AA # pi

EAC Director of Ritual Satanic Abuse Operations

AMTCode(v2): [Poster][TÆ][A5][Lx][Sx][Bx][FD][P-][CC]

The Plasmatron

Jun 28, 2002, 4:04:40 PM6/28/02
On Fri, 28 Jun 2002 18:35:01 GMT Etherman <ether...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> "Jeremy Martin" <jema...@NOtcaSPAMinternet.com> wrote in message
>> Well, "Guess the Religion" because apparently I'm not very bright
> and can't
>> remember which group does this.
>>
>> There's a group where the females are always wearing skirts to the
> ankles,
>> always preferring jean-type material. Think these are Mormons, or
> some
>> other crazy cult/sect/circle-jerk I'm not remembering?

> Possibly Mormons. Don't they have some kind of secret denim underwear
> thing?

Not mormons. The mormons are always wearing full length skirts of
normal cloth covered in floral print, rather than jean-type material.
Mind you, if there is question in your mind about the material, and if
floral print sounds right then it is the mormons, but flowers are the
usual here in Utah at least.

--
The Left Reverend Plasmatron hotpop com
"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are

Michael Derousselle

Jun 28, 2002, 4:20:41 PM6/28/02
On 28 Jun 2002 20:04:40 GMT, The Plasmatron <plasm...@sickof.spam>
wrote:

>On Fri, 28 Jun 2002 18:35:01 GMT Etherman <ether...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> "Jeremy Martin" <jema...@NOtcaSPAMinternet.com> wrote in message
>>> Well, "Guess the Religion" because apparently I'm not very bright
>> and can't
>>> remember which group does this.
>>>
>>> There's a group where the females are always wearing skirts to the
>> ankles,
>>> always preferring jean-type material. Think these are Mormons, or
>> some
>>> other crazy cult/sect/circle-jerk I'm not remembering?
>
>> Possibly Mormons. Don't they have some kind of secret denim underwear
>> thing?
>
> Not mormons. The mormons are always wearing full length skirts of
>normal cloth covered in floral print, rather than jean-type material.
>Mind you, if there is question in your mind about the material, and if
>floral print sounds right then it is the mormons, but flowers are the
>usual here in Utah at least.

Youre thinking of Pentecostals. Mormons wear magic underwear.
It's thin and white like a seethrough tshirt and seethrough knee
length shorts.
It's supposed to protect them and remind them to "Choose the Right"
or as I think of it "Choose the Ridiculous"
Mormons don't necessarily wear 'ankle' length dresses, but they must
be modest.

* Michael Derousselle *
* Alt.Atheism #1948 *
* mi...@derousselle.org *

Mike's Axiom:

"The intensity of your religious conviction is
inversely proportional to your grip on reality."