Psalm 40: 5. 8-20-2009. [5-21-11]

vivapa...@aol.com

Aug 20, 2009, 5:43:12 PM8/20/09
Gratitude And Prayer For Help.

Happy those whose trust is the Lord,
who turn not to idolatry
or to those who stray after falsehood.

------------------

Also read:

Psalm 40: 7-10.
Matthew 22: 1-14.
Judges 11: 29-39.

HotelCharlieOne

Aug 20, 2009, 6:07:27 PM8/20/09
"vivapa...@aol.com" <vivapa...@aol.com> wrote in news:0e3d056c-
077d-484c-910...@r18g2000yqd.googlegroups.com:

Also read Psalm 137:7-9

Remember, O LORD, the children of Edom in the day of Jerusalem; who said,
Rase it, rase it, even to the foundation thereof.
O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that
rewardeth thee as thou hast served us.
Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the
stones.

Moral: Trust the sky pixie but don't idol the sky pixie; don't fib and
kiiiiil, kiiiil, kiiiiil children in the name of your Lord.

Take your morals and shove them. Thank Gawd I'm an atheist!

--
The World is divided into armed camps ready to commit genocide
just because we can't agree on whose fairy tales to believe.

Josef Balluch

Aug 20, 2009, 7:20:33 PM8/20/09

http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.religion/msg/3481d98809c2d335

http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.religion/msg/34ac4dfac8b06c0a

http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.religion/msg/1a981ae2fb85203c

http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.religion/msg/426e28e9e3e04969

http://www.bumperart.com/ProductImages/2006091601_Display-35.gif

> Also read:
>
> Psalm 40: 7-10.
> Matthew 22: 1-14.
> Judges 11: 29-39.

Couldn't be bothered.

Regards,

Josef

The wise are instructed by reason, average minds by experience,
the stupid by necessity and the brute by instinct.

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Josef Balluch

Aug 20, 2009, 7:37:18 PM8/20/09

John Locke

Aug 20, 2009, 9:31:29 PM8/20/09
<vivapa...@aol.com> wrote:

>Gratitude And Prayer For Help.
>
>Happy those whose trust is the Lord,
>who turn not to idolatry
>or to those who stray after falsehood.

..you mean invisible entities that do magic and play tricks
like leprechauns and fairies ? ..what a ridiculous thing that would
be ...right ??

Uncle Vic

Aug 20, 2009, 11:06:58 PM8/20/09
One fine day in alt.atheism, "vivapa...@aol.com" <vivapa...@aol.com>
wrote:

> Gratitude And Prayer For Help.
>
> Happy those whose trust is the Lord,
> who turn not to idolatry
> or to those who stray after falsehood.

Happy those who are easily fooled. I guess...

--
Uncle Vic
aa Atheist #2011

John Manning

Aug 21, 2009, 10:13:05 AM8/21/09

Question: In any health care proposal, how important do you feel it
is to give people a choice of both a public plan administered by the
federal government and a private plan for their health
insurance--extremely important, quite important, not that important, or
not at all important?

Extremely important....58%
Quite important........19%
Not that important..... 7%
Not at all important...15%
Not sure............... 1%

http://snipurl.com/qm44w [www_surveyusa_com]

duke

Aug 21, 2009, 12:30:31 PM8/21/09

Polling Data
Poll Date Right Direction Wrong Track Spread
RCP Average 8/10 - 8/17 37.0 58.5 -21.5
ABC News/Wash Post 8/13 - 8/17 44 55 -11
Pew Research 8/11 - 8/17 28 65 -37
Rasmussen Reports 8/10 - 8/16 34 61 -27
Daily Kos/R2000 8/10 - 8/13 42 53 -11
You need to get a grown-up poll.

The Dukester, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****

John Manning

Aug 21, 2009, 1:29:34 PM8/21/09

American voters disapprove 59% to 29% of the way Republicans in Congress
are doing their job and trust Obama more than Republicans 47% to 36% to
fix the economy and 46% to 37% to handle health care.

Quinnipiac poll - August 6, 2009 :
http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1295.xml?ReleaseID=1361

= = =

With an increasingly fringe GOP, the more moderates who leave the GOP,
the more conservative and extreme the GOP becomes, and the more the
party will pick people like Sarah Palin and Mike Huckabee in their
primaries - people who can't win a general election.

http://www.americablog.com/2009/07/cnn-palin-is-another-huckabee-party.html

= = =

Sen. Voinovich (R-OH) : Southern Republicans are sinking GOP

~~~ Republicans have become more rural and less educated ~~~

In an interview on Hardball, former Rep. Tom Davis (R-VA) followed up on
recent comments made by Sen. George Voinovich (R-OH) about how the
Republican party is losing its appeal.

Said Davis: "Politics has been defined by culture over the last few
cycles, and we've become a rural party and a Southern party. We've been
losing inner suburbs and the like. A lot of this was the policies of the
Bush administration."

Furthermore, as the GOP increased its focus on cultural issues, it also
caused a widening education gap.

Davis added: "The high education areas Obama carried -- 78 of the 100
counties with the highest education. McCain carried 88 of the 100
counties with the lowest education. As we move to cultural politics,
that's been the shift."

Here's the clip:
http://www.gawkk.com/voinovich-southern-republicans-sinking-the-gop/discuss

haiku jones

Aug 21, 2009, 3:33:15 PM8/21/09
On Aug 21, 10:29 am, John Manning <jrobe...@terra.com.br> wrote:
> duke wrote:
> http://www.americablog.com/2009/07/cnn-palin-is-another-huckabee-part...

> = = =
>
> Sen. Voinovich (R-OH) : Southern Republicans are sinking GOP
>
> ~~~ Republicans have become more rural and less educated ~~~
>
> In an interview on Hardball, former Rep. Tom Davis (R-VA) followed up on
> recent comments made by Sen. George Voinovich (R-OH) about how the
> Republican party is losing its appeal.
>
> Said Davis: "Politics has been defined by culture over the last few
> cycles, and we've become a rural party and a Southern party. We've been
> losing inner suburbs and the like. A lot of this was the policies of the
> Bush administration."
>
> Furthermore, as the GOP increased its focus on cultural issues, it also
> caused a widening education gap.
>
> Davis added: "The high education areas Obama carried -- 78 of the 100
> counties with the highest education. McCain carried 88 of the 100
> counties with the lowest education. As we move to cultural politics,
> that's been the shift."
>
> Here's the clip:http://www.gawkk.com/voinovich-southern-republicans-sinking-the-gop/d...

And thus we see Richard Nixon's Southern Strategy
reach its final fruition: the Republican Party c'est Duke.

Haiku Jones

Logan Sacket

Aug 21, 2009, 8:37:54 PM8/21/09
On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 11:13:05 -0300, John Manning
<jrob...@terra.com.br> wrote:

The problem with this poll is that the way the question was asked.

If you say not important then you essentially are saying that a
government run program is all you care about.

If you say very important, then you are saying that you would like
both choices.

In either case, you are voting for a govenment health care plan
regardless of what it contains.

The question in the poll that you put in the subject of this post is
the last one, where it states the rules of the plan.

The question:
Now I am going to tell you more about the health care plan that
President Obama supports and please tell me whether you would favor or
oppose it. The plan requires that health insurance companies cover
people with pre-existing medical conditions. It also requires all but
the smallest employers to provide health coverage for their employees,
or pay a percentage of their payroll to help fund coverage for the
uninsured. Families and individuals with lower- and middle-incomes
would receive tax credits to help them afford insurance coverage. Some
of the funding for this plan would come from raising taxes on
wealthier Americans. Do you favor or oppose this plan?

margin of error 2.9%

51% agree with the plan.

Note that the question only suggests rasing taxes on the wealthy.
However, if your employer must pay out extra dollars, that will be an
employee expense that he will pass along to you. So the question does
not include money out of the ordinary persons pocket.

John Manning

Aug 21, 2009, 9:05:18 PM8/21/09

Your scrambled brains are showing, Mr Sacket.

Logan Sacket

Aug 22, 2009, 12:55:39 AM8/22/09
On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 22:05:18 -0300, John Manning
<jrob...@terra.com.br> wrote:

Since you are the one always quoting polls on Obama. I just thought
that maybe you would like a little primer on how to read statistical
data - you know, so you don't misrepresents the polling data in the
future.

duke

Aug 22, 2009, 8:25:50 AM8/22/09

Not any more. Americans are now seeing he's out of his league.

Besides, the GOP is not the ruling party. The 'rats are hamstringing them. Of
course, as we get closer to the next election, our activity will rise strongly.

John Manning

Aug 22, 2009, 9:47:26 AM8/22/09

I don't think you're bright enough to face facts, Mr Duke. That poll was
taken only two weeks ago:

American voters disapprove 59% to 29% of the way Republicans in Congress
are doing their job and trust Obama more than Republicans 47% to 36% to
fix the economy and 46% to 37% to handle health care.

Quinnipiac poll - August 6, 2009 :
http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1295.xml?ReleaseID=1361

This one by Research 2000 was taken in the last four days:

FAVORABLE UNFAVORABLE

PRESIDENT OBAMA 58 (60) 38 (36)

PELOSI: 34 (36) 57 (56)

REID: 33 (34) 56 (55)

McCONNELL: 17 (16) 65 (66)

BOEHNER: 13 (11) 65 (66)

CONGRESSIONAL DEMS: 41 (43) 53 (51)
CONGRESSIONAL GOPS: 12 (10) 75 (76)

DEMOCRATIC PARTY: 44 (45) 49 (48)
REPUBLICAN PARTY: 18 (17) 72 (74)

If the graph doesn't post properly you can see the full results here:
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/8/21/770252/-Weekly-Tracking-Poll:-Impatient-Base-Drives-Democrats-Down

> Besides, the GOP is not the ruling party. The 'rats are hamstringing them. Of
> course, as we get closer to the next election, our activity will rise strongly.

Sure you will. Just like McCain swooped in and took the election away
from Obama. Ha Ha Ha

John Manning

Aug 22, 2009, 9:55:38 AM8/22/09

Your suggestion that I take lessons from you in how to interpret reality
is a really hoot, Sacket! Thanks for the morning laughs!

The direct specific question in the poll and its answer speak plainly
and clearly that 77% want a Public Option.

Logan Sacket

Aug 22, 2009, 11:49:32 AM8/22/09
On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 10:55:38 -0300, John Manning
<jrob...@terra.com.br> wrote:

Glad to brighten your day. John,

However, the page with the poll question is hard to refute.

John Manning

Aug 22, 2009, 1:12:15 PM8/22/09

There's nothing to refute. There IS a lot to contemplate however, about
your already-discussed-at-length long term ideological indoctrination
which understandably can result in your denial of the obvious when it
contradicts your alternate reality. That has been an ongoing problem for
you.

The direct specific question in the poll and its answer [both included
below] speak plainly and clearly that 77% want a Public Option - as
anyone with a normal functioning mental capability can see for themselves:

Logan Sacket

Aug 22, 2009, 9:17:55 PM8/22/09
On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 14:12:15 -0300, John Manning
<jrob...@terra.com.br> wrote:

You didn't even read my post, did you.
If you did, you wouldn't have made such a uneducated response.

For your convienience, I'll copy it below.

John Manning

Aug 22, 2009, 9:34:26 PM8/22/09

It's pedantic, Mr Sacket. The specific question and its answer I posted
from the poll speaks clearly all by itself.

I'm beginning to think you really ARE terribly mentally challenged.