Secular Humanism...why it fails?

Jul 28, 2007, 10:59:17 AM7/28/07
Atheists have little or no connection with their inner peace and they
do not operate under a fear of God, so they are left to their own
devices.

As such, atheist have no authenticity in their peace practice, but are
'fear based' practitioners just as many theists are.

The secular humanists talks a good talk...but in the end they have no
incentive to do right other than the fear of pain from breaking man
made laws.

Lets look at a few of these atheists to get at the facts:

http://jesusneverexisted.org/jne/forum/index.php?topic=509.0

http://jesusneverexisted.org/jne/forum/index.php?topic=529.0

http://jesusneverexisted.org/jne/forum/index.php?topic=630.0

Until atheists become peace based, they will fail at being 'humane
humans' just as theists fail, since most theists are not authentic in
their practice and run by fear as well.

Fear of the law, fear of God, fear of bad karma, fear of hell...those
fears do not make one 'authentic' in one's peace practice.

Take away fear of the law, fear of God, fear of bad karma, fear of
hell and you have a different person.

Does the thief that does not steal because a policeman is looking a
truly honest person?

A truly virtuous life remains the same irrespective of such fears and
is not based on them.

Really the 'religion of the atheists' AKA secular humanism does not
fail the atheist...it is the atheist that fails to make use of the
wisdom that their religion offers them.

See:

http://jesusneverexisted.org/jne/forum/index.php?topic=640.0

The atheists failure is rooted in motivational ignorance and lack of
desire.

Until one sees a need to adopt a certain moral direction why would one
adopt it?

And motivation and direction is solely based on inner peace and a
desire to achieve it and not destroy others inner peace.

But, the atheist is ignorant of what inner peace means, how to achieve
inner peace as well as what destroys others inner peace.

A good start to see what does motivate oneself is to ask yourself why
you wish to do something?

Is it for inner peace?

Or to massage your ego?

Or scared to go to hell?

Or because it feels good?

Or to improve ones karmic debt?

Or because others say so?

Or to hurt another?

Or to fit in...as Peter van Velzen had expressed?

http://jesusneverexisted.org/jne/forum/index.php?topic=646.0

What is your driving force?

Fear based reasons for doing something are not authentic and natural
actions.

The persons actions are based on negative consequences otherwise they
would not do them.

My actions are based on inner peace and if I stray - there goes my
peace - it is my choice.

Put your inner peace foremost and you will have your answer. When you
align real and authentic actions with those that promote inner peace
you have found enlightenment.

The facts are this: when people are devoid of religion...they
generally stink as humans.

Until atheism can replace theist based religion as a VIABLE and REAL
way to inner peace, with a reverence of humanity, it can never take
over the world and extinguish religion.

When you get rid of one thing, it makes room for another.

Sure atheist can succeed at pointing to the flaws of religious
thought, but they have nothing to replace the flaws with.

So theists choose the lesser of two evils while on earth, with the
hopes of hitting the jackpot in the hereafter.

When atheists become successes at 'the religion of humanity,' you may
become more successful at replacing theist based religion.

Until that time..."a mans mind may be likened to a garden which may be
intelligently cultivated or allowed to run wild; but whether
cultivated or neglected, it must and will bring forth. If no useful
seeds are put into it, then an abundance of useless 'weed seeds' will
fall therein and will continue to produce their kind." ~ James Allen

And religion does a good job at controlling the weeds.

In its history, organized atheism has never succeeded at replacing
religion with real humanity and compassion.

The atheists talk a good story, but atheists fail miserably when it
comes to practical application of the 'peace talk.'

And really the vast majority of atheists don't even have 'the talk' to
spout, since they have no semblance of inner peace themselves in order
to form a basis of 'lip service' to pontificate.

Another reason atheists will never win, is in general it takes hatred
to fuel atheism if one is a dogmatic, militant atheist.

Hatred blinds one to peace.

See:

http://jesusneverexisted.org/jne/forum/index.php?topic=640.0

When you lose the hatred and militant foundation, then you do not wish
to destroy others or their religion....you are at peace to let them be
religious.

Sure you do not let others destroy you with religion, you tell them
the facts that they run by faith, so do not get too high and mighty
and start forcing you into the religion against your will.

But you only fight in a measured way of self defense, instead of the
offensive atheists that sets out to destroy 'all faith based beliefs'
just for the sheer joy of hurting another.

Sure tearing others down appeals to one's ego and pride, but so did
torturing insects when we were kids. When we grow up we need a
different way to find self worth.

As you instill seeds of peace within others you plant the same seeds
and water these seeds within you as well.

As you give so you receive.

Is that from the bible or karma?

No, it is just universal law.

Do we like to be beaten down?

Whenever we take it upon ourselves to beat down others, we are headed
in a direction of destroying peace. We destroy our own peace as well
as others peace.

It takes no energy from me to pass something by and leave it alone in
peace. But it takes my energy as well as my peace to pick something up
to destroy it.

When I posted this paragraph earlier, an atheist piped to accuse me of
hypocrisy, telling me that I destroy a potato when I pick it up to eat
it, so I am a liar.

Natural law dictates I must eat, but there is no law that says I must
spew venom from my mouth to destroy others.

If atheists can get over fishing for red herrings and get onto bigger
fish to fry they will see a world of difference in their peace
practice.

The destruction of inner peace by destroying potatoes comes about when
I destroy my neighbors crop field of potatoes by poisoning them to
bankrupt him in order to take over his farmland...it does not come
about by eating a potato.

The God of Nature gives me potatoes to eat, the God of Inner Peace
tells me to not eat potatoes in excess or to destroy others if I wish
to be at peace. I cannot see either God, I know not how these God's
work, I just know they are and I can abide by their guidance or be
defiant to these Gods and end up destroying my life and the lives of
others.

See:

http://jesusneverexisted.org/jne/forum/index.php?topic=342.0

Yes, there are theists that stink. See: http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/burning.html

I will be the first to admit that religion has done lots of harm but I
will also say religion done lots of right.

And just as the question of God cannot be answered with any certainty,
so goes the question of whether the world would have been better off
without religion or not.

It is a question that cannot be answered like it was in the movie
"It's a Wonderful life.'

But lets look at the facts and see that the vast, vast majority of
people are theists or believe in hereafter, so the pot is enormous
that we draw from when we pull out examples of evildoing theists that
the atheists like to parade around.

The USA was founded with God in the details. I suggest atheists that
hate a religious based country like the USA move to China or Russia.
Then you can live your dream right now, in your God free country.

In China, it was a common practice to execute political prisoners with
one bullet to the head...then they sent the bill for the bullet to the
family of the executed prisoner. That is where separation of state and
religion can lead a country. Once religion is out of politics, then
the only thing left in control is ego.

They say Hitler was a Catholic?

I don't know if he was Catholic or not.

I do know that Hitler did not practice even the most basic tenants of
Christianity.

It takes more than lip service to be a 'practicing' Catholic,
Buddhist, Muslim, Hindu or Hebrew follower.

See:

http://jesusneverexisted.org/jne/forum/index.php?topic=380.0

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.atheism/browse_frm/thread/125b41aa8fd2b87b/cf400bdf88ba1701?lnk=gst&q=conundrum&rnum=7&hl=en#cf400bdf88ba1701

Now, some 'spiritually based atheist's can far surpasses many theists
in kindness and virtue many times...so it just depends on what 'type
of atheist' you are talking about?

But these sort of atheists are very rare to encounter, as spiritual
values and atheism do not generally mix.

"People that practice religion are worried about going to hell -
people that practice spirituality have already been to hell and don't
want to go back."

A lot of atheists I run into make their intellect their God. They do
not know that academic smarts are not the same as peace smarts. Until
they can transcend their ego they will never find the answer (peace)
they seek.

It is the same for those that think money is all that is standing
between them and happiness.

So it goes for the ego and intellect based person that is devoid of
spiritual values.

And if the atheists is honest they will see they do not run their
lives solely by logic and are no better than the theist that runs
their lives by faith.

No, logic only goes so far in life. For what is logical is not always
practical when it comes to humans ... is it?

Always remember...one thing only goes so far with giving a person a
good life. Seek balance.

Spiritual growth as well as humans are not perfect - but we can all do
better at being humans if we try to be more humane.

See:

http://jesusneverexisted.org/jne/forum/index.php?topic=4.0

There are many flavors of atheists...natural atheists, personal
atheists, explicit atheists, implicit atheists weak atheists, strong
atheists, discovery atheists, reactionary atheists, indoctrinated
atheists and of course the bad ass atheists with attitude aka BAAWA
varieties.

But the defining characteristic that leads an atheist to peace is
whether they are a 'spiritual based atheist' or 'defiance based
atheist.''

The business of humanism is 'all our business' if we with to live life
at peace. Egocentricity is not good for spiritual work and we need to
be open to others ideas and embrace them as nourishment for your
growth and sustenance for life - as no one person is god.

As a freethinking agnostic I AM FREE to look for truth wherever the
road takes me. I discriminate against no one. As such, I study with
the Christians, the Buddhists, the Jews, the Muslims, the Taoists and
even find truth as I study with the atheists.

See:

http://jesusneverexisted.org/jne/forum/index.php?topic=470.0

When you practice peace promotion with others you will reap inner
peace promotion. When you practice destroying others peace, you will
reap self destruction of inner peace.

I suggest any atheists wishing to find inner peace within their life
adopt the creed of the atheists (their version of prepackaged morals)
and start actually practicing the wisdom that their religion of
secular humanism offers them.

The 'informal creed' of atheism.

An Atheist loves his fellow man instead of god. An Atheist believes
that heaven is something for which we should work now - here on earth
for all men together to enjoy.

An Atheist believes that he can get no help through prayer but that he
must find in himself the inner conviction, and strength to meet life,
to grapple with it, to subdue it and enjoy it.

An Atheist believes that only in a knowledge of himself and a
knowledge of his fellow man can he find the understanding that will
help to a life of fulfillment. He seeks to know himself and his fellow
man rather than to know a god. An Atheist believes that a hospital
should be built instead of a church.

An Atheist believes that a deed must be done instead of a prayer
said.

An Atheist strives for involvement in life and not escape into death.
He wants disease conquered, poverty vanquished, war eliminated. He
wants man to understand and love man.

He wants an ethical way of life. He believes that we cannot rely on a
god or channel action into prayer nor hope for an end of troubles in a
hereafter.

He believes that we are our brother's keepers; and are keepers of our
own lives; that we are responsible persons and the job is here and the
time is now."

http://www.atheists.org/Atheism/

"The Affirmations of Humanism: A Statement of Principles"

· We are committed to the application of reason and science to the
understanding of the universe and to the solving of human problems.

· We deplore efforts to denigrate human intelligence, to seek to
explain the world in supernatural terms, and to look outside nature
for salvation.

· We believe that scientific discovery and technology can contribute
to the betterment of human life.

· We believe in an open and pluralistic society and that democracy is
the best guarantee of protecting human rights from authoritarian
elites and repressive majorities.

· We are committed to the principle of the separation of church and
state.

· We cultivate the arts of negotiation and compromise as a means of
resolving differences and achieving mutual understanding.

· We are concerned with securing justice and fairness in society and
with eliminating discrimination and intolerance.

· We believe in supporting the disadvantaged and the handicapped so
that they will be able to help themselves.

· We attempt to transcend divisive parochial loyalties based on race,
religion, gender, nationality, creed, class, sexual orientation, or
ethnicity, and strive to work together for the common good of
humanity.

· We want to protect and enhance the earth, to preserve it for future
generations, and to avoid inflicting needless suffering on other
species.

· We believe in enjoying life here and now and in developing our
creative talents to their fullest.

· We believe in the cultivation of moral excellence.

· We respect the right to privacy. Mature adults should be allowed to
fulfill their aspirations, to express their sexual preferences, to
exercise reproductive freedom, to have access to comprehensive and
informed health-care, and to die with dignity.

· We believe in the common moral decencies: altruism, integrity,
honesty, truthfulness, responsibility. Humanist ethics is amenable to
critical, rational guidance. There are normative standards that we
discover together. Moral principles are tested by their consequences.

· We are deeply concerned with the moral education of our children. We
want to nourish reason and compassion.

· We are engaged by the arts no less than by the sciences.

· We are citizens of the universe and are excited by discoveries still
to be made in the cosmos.

· We are skeptical of untested claims to knowledge, and we are open to
novel ideas and seek new departures in our thinking.

· We affirm humanism as a realistic alternative to theologies of
despair and ideologies of violence and as a source of rich personal
significance and genuine satisfaction in the service to others.

· We believe in optimism rather than pessimism, hope rather than
despair, learning in the place of dogma, truth instead of ignorance,
joy rather than guilt or sin, tolerance in the place of fear, love
instead of hatred, compassion over selfishness, beauty instead of
ugliness, and reason rather than blind faith or irrationality.

· We believe in the fullest realization of the best and noblest that
we are capable of as human beings.

Council for Secular Humanism

Take care,

V (Male)

Agnostic Freethinker
Practical Philosopher
AA#2

Sanity's Little Helper

Jul 28, 2007, 9:11:09 PM7/28/07
V <vf...@aol.com> wrote in
news:1185634757.5...@d30g2000prg.googlegroups.com to
alt.atheism:

> Ath

HO! <whack>

How much "inner peace" do you have, V? Obviously not enough to resist the
temptation to slag off everybody else on this planet.

--
David Silverman F.L.A.H.N.
aa #2208

"If you are informed by God, you can be misinformed by nobody" - Osama Bin
Laden

Syd M.

Jul 29, 2007, 4:14:24 PM7/29/07
On Jul 28, 9:11 pm, "Sanity's Little Helper" <elv...@noshpam.org>
wrote:
> V <vf...@aol.com> wrote innews:1185634757.5...@d30g2000prg.googlegroups.comto

> alt.atheism:
>
> > Ath
>
> HO! <whack>
>
> How much "inner peace" do you have, V? Obviously not enough to resist the
> temptation to slag off everybody else on this planet.

..And I like how he's not even pretending to be an atheist anymore at
all.
He's finally revealed his true colors..
Over the sound of his own voice.

PDW