Absinthe Makes the Guy Grow Sicker

1 view

Doc Smartass

Mar 18, 2006, 8:34:14 PM3/18/06

Back-story: I've known "Lefty" (not his real name--protecting the guilty)
for nearly 30 years, now. We've lived a few houses apart almost all that
time (for several years we each lived in different states or towns, but
he moved back into his mother's home in December).

The guy's got a well-stocked liquor cabinet, is a hell of a cook, and a
movie freak. Every Sunday evening, I make the long (500 foot) slog over
to his place to watch a movie, catch the latest "Family Guy," and hang
out.

Lefty's been wanting to try absinthe for a few years; last year (when he
lived across town) he dug up a recipe and tried making up a batch. He
sunk more than US$100 into this venture, getting several large bottles of
Everclear, the wormwood extract, and such together. He and another guy
tried it out one Saturday night; I showed up and watched. They opened the
first bottle and in seconds I could smell the stuff from the other end of
the house--it smelled of Listerine and oregano. Nasty. Dark green. Each
one had a couple of martini glasses of the stuff. Aside from the booze
buzz, though, all they got was Oregano Listerine breath.

Fast forward to this past Sunday. Lefty had ordered a 700ml bottle of the
real thing. Took a few weeks to ship. He was utterly impatient waiting
for it, and once the bottle arrived a couple of days earlier he was
utterly impatient to get into it.

He started with maybe 3 fingers' worth in a Scotch glass, pouring it over
a pair of sugar cubes to mask the taste. Guzzle. He waited several
minutes and was disappointed, for he'd been hoping for some psychedelic
effects and was just feeling the booze.

A second glass, only this time he held the sugar cubes in a spoon and lit
the stuff (it's 60% alcohol) to melt the sugar. Guzzle. Several more
minutes' waiting, and now he was getting angry. What was the point in
spending US$120 for a simple booze high?

Third glass. Now it's been maybe an hour, and he's only getting drunk and
more irate.

Fourth glass. If I'd known any better I'd have stopped him at the third
one. He's complaining loudly to me and his other guest that this stuff
was too damn expensive. She got up and went outside to answer her cell
phone. He got a good bit drunker just on this 4th glass.

Then the stuff hit him. He was all ready to get up and make himself a
fifth glass of the stuff. Had his glass in hand...and somehow poured
himself out of the couch. That's the only way I can describe it--he went
down flat without a THUMP, and without spilling the dregs of drink #4. He
started laughing hysterically and shouting with glee, lying there on the
floor: "I'm on the floooooor! This is fucking awesome! This is the best
high I've ever haaaaad!"

Needless to say, this cracked me up, me being stone sober and eternally
amused by the antics of drunks in captivity.

He low-crawled into the kitchen to procure drink #5. He had it all ready
to go (and I was ready to take it from him and hide it and the bottle)
when his cell phone rang. He carried on at length with the caller,
utterly enthralled by this wonderful booze, and went out his back door to
take a leak.

10 minutes went by. He knocked on the door glass. He couldn't negotiate
the stairs (they wouldn't be still). He handed me the phone and told me
to pour drink #5 out. I did this and hid the bottle. Lefty handed me the
phone and stretched out on the dirt at the foot of the stairs, staring up
at the amazing clouds (it was overcast, but I'm told they were
incredible). I told him to roll on his side. He did, and spent
considerable time being fascinated and frightened by the "Hitchcock
Zoom" interaction between his arm and the ground it rested upon.

Long story short: He stayed on his side for nearly 3 hours, with me and
the other guest trying to get him to move inside. Any sort of motion made
him retch. He tossed up maybe 3 glasses worth of that stuff in that time
(he did this on an empty stomach), and with me nagging at him he finally
crawled on his belly up the stairs, crawled across the threshold, and
stopped on the floor, where we covered him with blankets, pulled off his
shoes, made him as comfortable as possible, and let him sleep it off.

He remembered most of it the next day--and says the hangover was pretty
bad. I just added the whole thing to my "This is why I don't drink" list,
made note of it for future use in a story, and hope he doesn't try such a
damnfool thing again.

--
Doc Smartass

Most truths are so naked that people feel sorry for them and cover them
up, at least a little bit.

--Edward R. Murrow

Ron Baker, Pluralitas!

Mar 18, 2006, 10:45:55 PM3/18/06

"Doc Smartass" <gek...@astroskivviesboymail.com> wrote in message

> Back-story: I've known "Lefty" (not his real name--protecting the guilty)
> for nearly 30 years, now. We've lived a few houses apart almost all that
> time (for several years we each lived in different states or towns, but
> he moved back into his mother's home in December).
>
> The guy's got a well-stocked liquor cabinet, is a hell of a cook, and a
> movie freak. Every Sunday evening, I make the long (500 foot) slog over
> to his place to watch a movie, catch the latest "Family Guy," and hang
> out.
>
> Lefty's been wanting to try absinthe for a few years; last year (when he

<snip>

> Fast forward to this past Sunday. Lefty had ordered a 700ml bottle of the
> real thing. Took a few weeks to ship. He was utterly impatient waiting
> for it, and once the bottle arrived a couple of days earlier he was
> utterly impatient to get into it.
>
> He started with maybe 3 fingers' worth in a Scotch glass, pouring it over
> a pair of sugar cubes to mask the taste. Guzzle. He waited several
> minutes and was disappointed, for he'd been hoping for some psychedelic
> effects and was just feeling the booze.
>
> A second glass, only this time he held the sugar cubes in a spoon and lit
> the stuff (it's 60% alcohol) to melt the sugar. Guzzle. Several more
> minutes' waiting, and now he was getting angry. What was the point in
> spending US$120 for a simple booze high?
>
> Third glass. Now it's been maybe an hour, and he's only getting drunk and
> more irate.
>
> Fourth glass. If I'd known any better I'd have stopped him at the third
> one. He's complaining loudly to me and his other guest that this stuff
> was too damn expensive. She got up and went outside to answer her cell
> phone. He got a good bit drunker just on this 4th glass.
>
> Then the stuff hit him. He was all ready to get up and make himself a

Well I would think that four drinks of 120 proof booze
are gonna hit him, absinthe or no.

> fifth glass of the stuff. Had his glass in hand...and somehow poured
> himself out of the couch. That's the only way I can describe it--he went
> down flat without a THUMP, and without spilling the dregs of drink #4. He
> started laughing hysterically and shouting with glee, lying there on the
> floor: "I'm on the floooooor! This is fucking awesome! This is the best
> high I've ever haaaaad!"
>
> Needless to say, this cracked me up, me being stone sober and eternally
> amused by the antics of drunks in captivity.
>
> He low-crawled into the kitchen to procure drink #5. He had it all ready
> to go (and I was ready to take it from him and hide it and the bottle)

Good thinking.

<snip>

> Long story short: He stayed on his side for nearly 3 hours, with me and
> the other guest trying to get him to move inside. Any sort of motion made
> him retch. He tossed up maybe 3 glasses worth of that stuff in that time
> (he did this on an empty stomach), and with me nagging at him he finally
> crawled on his belly up the stairs, crawled across the threshold, and
> stopped on the floor, where we covered him with blankets, pulled off his
> shoes, made him as comfortable as possible, and let him sleep it off.
>
> He remembered most of it the next day--and says the hangover was pretty
> bad. I just added the whole thing to my "This is why I don't drink" list,
> made note of it for future use in a story, and hope he doesn't try such a
> damnfool thing again.

:)

I was in europe with some family a few years ago.
My niece's boyfriend had a thing for absinthe.
I guess it is still illegal to sell it here in the US so
he was stocking up.
So I tried some. The paraphernalia and ritual seemed
silly. They reminded me of the marijuana
paraphernalia and rituals of the 70's.
I got a buzz from it but it is hard to say it was
much other than an alcohol buzz.

--
rb #2187

Uncle Vic

Mar 18, 2006, 10:56:38 PM3/18/06
Once upon a time in alt.atheism, dear sweet Doc Smartass
(gek...@astroskivviesboymail.com) made the light shine upon us with this:

> The guy's got a well-stocked liquor cabinet, is a hell of a cook, and a
> movie freak. Every Sunday evening, I make the long (500 foot) slog over
> to his place to watch a movie, catch the latest "Family Guy," and hang
> out.

Hehehehe. "Hang".

--
Uncle Vic
aa Atheist #2011

Atheists get to live their lives in accordance with their own desires. I
call that a win, compared to the collossal waste of time being an active
Christian. Atheist: win. Christian: lose. "No win" never comes into
play, because there are no gods.

Thurisaz, Germanic barbarian

Mar 18, 2006, 11:43:33 PM3/18/06
That bottle he ordered... was that one of the brands which are legal here in
the EU (with a regulated amount of Thujon), or one of the "black brands"
with the original, high, amount of the stuff? Just curious, for I somewhat
like the legal brands... :)

--
"To his friend a man a friend shall prove, and gifts with gifts requite;
But men shall mocking with mockery answer, and fraud with falsehood meet."

Why I am not a christian:
http://www.carcosa.de/nojebus/nojebus

Thurisaz, Germanic barbarian

Mar 18, 2006, 11:45:05 PM3/18/06
Ron Baker, Pluralitas! wrote:

> I was in europe with some family a few years ago.
> My niece's boyfriend had a thing for absinthe.
> I guess it is still illegal to sell it here in the US so
> he was stocking up.
> So I tried some. The paraphernalia and ritual seemed
> silly. They reminded me of the marijuana
> paraphernalia and rituals of the 70's.
> I got a buzz from it but it is hard to say it was
> much other than an alcohol buzz.

The brands of Absinthe you can buy legally here in the EU have so few Thujon
that, considering the 55 % alcohol, you're likely to pass out from the
latter before you feel anything coming from the former. ;)

raven1

Mar 19, 2006, 3:31:38 AM3/19/06
On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 01:34:14 GMT, Doc Smartass
<gek...@astroskivviesboymail.com> wrote:

I've been lucky enough to try real absinthe on two occasions, and it's
really nothing like any other drug experience, one feels quite "jolly"
(there's no other adequate word) under the influence, and enjoys
either watching (at first) or participating in conversations. At least
that was my experience.
--

"O Sybilli, si ergo
Fortibus es in ero

chibiabos

Mar 19, 2006, 10:20:21 AM3/19/06
In article <af5q125roctshocdr...@4ax.com>, raven1
<quotht...@nevermore.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 01:34:14 GMT, Doc Smartass
> <gek...@astroskivviesboymail.com> wrote:
>
> I've been lucky enough to try real absinthe on two occasions, and it's
> really nothing like any other drug experience, one feels quite "jolly"
> (there's no other adequate word) under the influence, and enjoys
> either watching (at first) or participating in conversations. At least
> that was my experience.

I am going to have to get me some of this shit.

-chib

--
Member of S.M.A.S.H.
Sarcastic Middle-aged Atheists with a Sense of Humor

Robibnikoff

Mar 20, 2006, 3:22:47 PM3/20/06

"Doc Smartass" <gek...@astroskivviesboymail.com> wrote in message

Holy crap! I've always wanted to try absinthe, but I think I'll pass! :)
--
Robyn
Resident Witchypoo

Doc Smartass

Mar 20, 2006, 5:52:19 PM3/20/06
"Thurisaz, Germanic barbarian" <MAILTOc...@carcosa.de> wrote in

> That bottle he ordered... was that one of the brands which are legal
> here in the EU (with a regulated amount of Thujon), or one of the
> "black brands" with the original, high, amount of the stuff? Just
> curious, for I somewhat like the legal brands... :)

I believe it's the "castrated" (regulated) version.

Doc Smartass

Mar 20, 2006, 5:53:01 PM3/20/06
chibiabos <ch...@nospam.com> wrote in news:190320060720210452%
ch...@nospam.com:

> In article <af5q125roctshocdr...@4ax.com>, raven1
> <quotht...@nevermore.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 01:34:14 GMT, Doc Smartass
>> <gek...@astroskivviesboymail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I've been lucky enough to try real absinthe on two occasions, and it's
>> really nothing like any other drug experience, one feels quite "jolly"
>> (there's no other adequate word) under the influence, and enjoys
>> either watching (at first) or participating in conversations. At least
>> that was my experience.
>
> I am going to have to get me some of this shit.
>
> -chib

If you like, I can ask "Lefty" where he got his.

chibiabos

Mar 20, 2006, 6:25:02 PM3/20/06
In article <Xns978CAC505AAC...@216.77.188.18>, Doc Smartass
<gek...@astroskivviesboymail.com> wrote:

> chibiabos <ch...@nospam.com> wrote in news:190320060720210452%
> ch...@nospam.com:
>
> > In article <af5q125roctshocdr...@4ax.com>, raven1
> > <quotht...@nevermore.com> wrote:
> >
> >> On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 01:34:14 GMT, Doc Smartass
> >> <gek...@astroskivviesboymail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I've been lucky enough to try real absinthe on two occasions, and it's
> >> really nothing like any other drug experience, one feels quite "jolly"
> >> (there's no other adequate word) under the influence, and enjoys
> >> either watching (at first) or participating in conversations. At least
> >> that was my experience.
> >
> > I am going to have to get me some of this shit.
> >
> > -chib
> >

> If you like, I can ask "Lefty" where he got his.

My liver's already a goner. A few more hours of fun won't make much
difference now. So, sure, if it isn't a deep dark secret and it doesn't
get anybody in trouble with Customs & such.

Doc Smartass

Mar 20, 2006, 9:09:00 PM3/20/06
chibiabos <ch...@nospam.com> wrote in

I should hear from him in a bit--probably tomorrow; watch this space!

Thurisaz, Germanic barbarian

Mar 20, 2006, 11:16:46 PM3/20/06
Doc Smartass wrote:

> I believe it's the "castrated" (regulated) version.

Now that's surprising, considering the effects you described.

Of course, maybe Mr wanna-get-high is just a weakling? ;)

panam...@hotmail.com

Mar 20, 2006, 11:17:24 PM3/20/06

Doc Smartass wrote:
> chibiabos <ch...@nospam.com> wrote in
>
> > In article <Xns978CAC505AAC...@216.77.188.18>, Doc
> > Smartass <gek...@astroskivviesboymail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> chibiabos <ch...@nospam.com> wrote in news:190320060720210452%
> >> ch...@nospam.com:

> >> If you like, I can ask "Lefty" where he got his.
> >
> > My liver's already a goner. A few more hours of fun won't make much
> > difference now. So, sure, if it isn't a deep dark secret and it
> > doesn't get anybody in trouble with Customs & such.

LOL! I resemble that remark..

> > -chib
> >

> I should hear from him in a bit--probably tomorrow; watch this space!

I found a small company in Albany, NY that says they have it (check the
posters out-they're gorgeous).
http://www.absinth.com/index.html

-Panama Floyd, Atl.
aa#2015, Member Knights of BAAWA!
EAC Department of Telepropaganda
"..the prayer cloth of one aeon is the doormat of the next."
-Mark Twain

Religious societies are *less* moral than secular ones:
http://moses.creighton.edu/JRS/2005/2005-11.html

Robibnikoff

Mar 21, 2006, 10:55:59 AM3/21/06

<panam...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Doc Smartass wrote:
>> chibiabos <ch...@nospam.com> wrote in

>> > My liver's already a goner. A few more hours of fun won't make much
>> > difference now. So, sure, if it isn't a deep dark secret and it
>> > doesn't get anybody in trouble with Customs & such.
>
> LOL! I resemble that remark..

$209 for a bottle of booze?!?!?!?!?! Holy crap!

Doc Smartass

Mar 22, 2006, 8:12:52 PM3/22/06
"Ron Baker, Pluralitas!" <sto...@bellsouth.net.pa> wrote in

He's mostly a wine drinker--I don't think he factored the booze quotient
into it at all.

Doc Smartass

Mar 22, 2006, 8:17:32 PM3/22/06
raven1 <quotht...@nevermore.com> wrote in

> On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 01:34:14 GMT, Doc Smartass
> <gek...@astroskivviesboymail.com> wrote:
>
> I've been lucky enough to try real absinthe on two occasions, and it's
> really nothing like any other drug experience, one feels quite "jolly"
> (there's no other adequate word) under the influence, and enjoys
> either watching (at first) or participating in conversations. At least
> that was my experience.

I think "Lefty" might have gotten a little of the thujone buzz--but only
after 4 3-finger hits of 60% alcohol on an empty stomach got him upside
the head.

It was pretty cool seeing the stuff lit up (dip some with a spoon, put
sugar cubes in the spoon with it, light it up to melt the sugar). He
splashed some on the kitchen floor accidentally after lighting it. That
was drink #3; when he started to do that with #4, I moved off the couch
just...in...case *g*

Doc Smartass

Mar 22, 2006, 8:18:59 PM3/22/06
"Robibnikoff" <witc...@broomstick.com> wrote in

> "Doc Smartass" <gek...@astroskivviesboymail.com> wrote in message

>> He remembered most of it the next day--and says the hangover was

>> pretty bad. I just added the whole thing to my "This is why I don't
>> drink" list, made note of it for future use in a story, and hope he
>> doesn't try such a damnfool thing again.
>
> Holy crap! I've always wanted to try absinthe, but I think I'll pass!
> :)

I can't recommend it, myself...but I suppose it's still better than any
of this stuff:

http://www.bumwine.com/

What's the word? ;)

Doc Smartass

Mar 22, 2006, 8:20:25 PM3/22/06

Doc Smartass

Mar 22, 2006, 8:21:29 PM3/22/06
"Robibnikoff" <witc...@broomstick.com> wrote in news:48alseFj7v5sU1
@individual.net:

Yup. Lefty paid $120 for a 700ml bottle.

Doc Smartass

Mar 22, 2006, 8:24:24 PM3/22/06

> Doc Smartass wrote:
>
>> I believe it's the "castrated" (regulated) version.
>
> Now that's surprising, considering the effects you described.
>
> Of course, maybe Mr wanna-get-high is just a weakling? ;)

He's mostly a wine drinker, but I watched him get utterly polluted on
most of a bottle of Goldschlager over the course of several rounds of
Uno. Then he fell asleep about 15 minutes into "The Jerk" after
commenting that he hadn't watched it in a few years.

Heh.

Robibnikoff

Mar 23, 2006, 12:05:59 PM3/23/06

> "Robibnikoff" <witc...@broomstick.com> wrote in
>
>> "Doc Smartass" <gek...@astroskivviesboymail.com> wrote in message
>
>>> He remembered most of it the next day--and says the hangover was
>>> pretty bad. I just added the whole thing to my "This is why I don't
>>> drink" list, made note of it for future use in a story, and hope he
>>> doesn't try such a damnfool thing again.
>>
>> Holy crap! I've always wanted to try absinthe, but I think I'll pass!
>> :)
>
> I can't recommend it, myself...but I suppose it's still better than any
> of this stuff:
>
> http://www.bumwine.com/
>
> What's the word? ;)

Ack! Mad Dog 20/02! Thunderbird! Eeeeek!

Never touched the stuff, but boy did I hear some stories in high school ;)

Robibnikoff

Mar 23, 2006, 12:08:44 PM3/23/06

"Doc Smartass" <gek...@astroskivviesboymail.com> wrote in message

Forget it! I'd rather spend my money on something else ;)

stoney

Mar 23, 2006, 5:36:02 PM3/23/06
On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 01:34:14 GMT, Doc Smartass
<gek...@astroskivviesboymail.com> wrote in alt.atheism

[]

>Long story short: He stayed on his side for nearly 3 hours, with me and
>the other guest trying to get him to move inside. Any sort of motion made
>him retch. He tossed up maybe 3 glasses worth of that stuff in that time
>(he did this on an empty stomach), and with me nagging at him he finally
>crawled on his belly up the stairs, crawled across the threshold, and
>stopped on the floor, where we covered him with blankets, pulled off his
>shoes, made him as comfortable as possible, and let him sleep it off.

Empty stomach makes things worse, double that if he was short on sleep.

>He remembered most of it the next day--and says the hangover was pretty
>bad. I just added the whole thing to my "This is why I don't drink" list,
>made note of it for future use in a story, and hope he doesn't try such a
>damnfool thing again.

There ya go.

--
Fundies and trolls are cordially invited to
shove a wooden cross up their arses and rotate

chibiabos

Mar 23, 2006, 6:39:33 PM3/23/06
In article <48g2sqF...@individual.net>, Robibnikoff
<witc...@broomstick.com> wrote:

With a partner, three teenage boys, a cat and an iguana, $209 is about
one trip to the supermarket for me, which I do about twice a week.

I say they all go hungry for a couple of days while I get loaded.

-chib

--
Member of SMASH
Sarcastic Middla Aged Atheists with a Sense of Humor

Doc Smartass

Mar 23, 2006, 9:24:59 PM3/23/06
"Robibnikoff" <witc...@broomstick.com> wrote in

I never heard the stories--I was so unpopular even the geeks, nerds,
dweebs, and pot-heads wouldn't be seen with me. I wasn't artistic enough
to suit the art nerds (I spent a lot of time in drafting class drawing
"Star Trek" ships in detail), didn't write what others wanted me to (I
hated every English or "Creative" Writing assignment with a passion), and
wasn't even edgy enough to just do what I wanted and _still_ gather a
flock of people around me (though I impressed the hell out of a few by
playing the main melody of "Axel F" on a keyboard).

Heh. I drew a lot of crap. I wrote a lot of crap. =)

Doc Smartass

Mar 23, 2006, 9:25:34 PM3/23/06
chibiabos <chib...@nospam.com> wrote in

That's the spirit!

Robibnikoff

Mar 24, 2006, 2:31:33 PM3/24/06

> "Robibnikoff" <witc...@broomstick.com> wrote in
>

>> "Doc Smartass" <gek...@astroskivviesboymail.com> wrote in message
>>> "Robibnikoff" <witc...@broomstick.com> wrote in

>>> I can't recommend it, myself...but I suppose it's still better than
>>> any of this stuff:
>>>
>>> http://www.bumwine.com/
>>>
>>> What's the word? ;)
>>
>> Ack! Mad Dog 20/02! Thunderbird! Eeeeek!
>>
>> Never touched the stuff, but boy did I hear some stories in high
>> school ;)
>
> I never heard the stories--I was so unpopular even the geeks, nerds,
> dweebs, and pot-heads wouldn't be seen with me.

Oh my. That IS bad ;)

I wasn't artistic enough
> to suit the art nerds (I spent a lot of time in drafting class drawing
> "Star Trek" ships in detail), didn't write what others wanted me to (I
> hated every English or "Creative" Writing assignment with a passion), and
> wasn't even edgy enough to just do what I wanted and _still_ gather a
> flock of people around me (though I impressed the hell out of a few by
> playing the main melody of "Axel F" on a keyboard).
>
> Heh. I drew a lot of crap. I wrote a lot of crap. =)

Well, there you go ;)

Doc Smartass

Mar 24, 2006, 9:53:01 PM3/24/06
"Robibnikoff" <witc...@broomstick.com> wrote in

Not really; I've been a lone-wolf sort for much of my conscious
existence--beginning at about the time I realized that many of the people
around me suck ;)

> I wasn't artistic enough
>> to suit the art nerds (I spent a lot of time in drafting class
>> drawing "Star Trek" ships in detail), didn't write what others wanted
>> me to (I hated every English or "Creative" Writing assignment with a
>> passion), and wasn't even edgy enough to just do what I wanted and
>> _still_ gather a flock of people around me (though I impressed the
>> hell out of a few by playing the main melody of "Axel F" on a
>> keyboard).
>>
>> Heh. I drew a lot of crap. I wrote a lot of crap. =)
>
> Well, there you go ;)

I got better :p

Ron Baker, Pluralitas!

Mar 26, 2006, 8:22:43 PM3/26/06

"Thurisaz, Germanic barbarian" <MAILTOc...@carcosa.de> wrote in message

> Ron Baker, Pluralitas! wrote:
>
>> I was in europe with some family a few years ago.
>> My niece's boyfriend had a thing for absinthe.
>> I guess it is still illegal to sell it here in the US so
>> he was stocking up.
>> So I tried some. The paraphernalia and ritual seemed
>> silly. They reminded me of the marijuana
>> paraphernalia and rituals of the 70's.
>> I got a buzz from it but it is hard to say it was
>> much other than an alcohol buzz.
>
> The brands of Absinthe you can buy legally here in the EU have so few
> Thujon
> that, considering the 55 % alcohol, you're likely to pass out from the
> latter before you feel anything coming from the former. ;)

I guess if one wanted to one might be able to
let it sit out in the open and let some of the
alcohol evaporate off.

I found a picture of us partaking of the green fairy.
This was at the Hotel Graf Zeppelin in Konstanz.
I've posted it in alt.binaries.alt.
(Fortunately the hotel was not filled with hydrogen.)

--
rb #2187

stoney

Mar 27, 2006, 11:02:36 AM3/27/06
On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 01:22:43 GMT, "Ron Baker, Pluralitas!"
<sto...@bellsouth.net.pa> wrote in alt.atheism

You might post it at:
http://imagedemon.com/
as the newsgroup may not be carried by all who are curious about the
pic.

Ron Baker, Pluralitas!

Mar 31, 2006, 12:59:08 AM3/31/06

"stoney" <sto...@the.net> wrote in message

> On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 01:22:43 GMT, "Ron Baker, Pluralitas!"
> <sto...@bellsouth.net.pa> wrote in alt.atheism
>

>>"Thurisaz, Germanic barbarian" <MAILTOc...@carcosa.de> wrote in
>>message
>>> Ron Baker, Pluralitas! wrote:

<snip>

>>I found a picture of us partaking of the green fairy.
>>This was at the Hotel Graf Zeppelin in Konstanz.
>>I've posted it in alt.binaries.alt.
>>(Fortunately the hotel was not filled with hydrogen.)
>
> You might post it at:
> http://imagedemon.com/
> as the newsgroup may not be carried by all who are curious about the
> pic.

Cool. Thanks for the tip.

--
rb #2187

stoney

Mar 31, 2006, 3:00:55 PM3/31/06
On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 05:59:08 GMT, "Ron Baker, Pluralitas!"
<sto...@bellsouth.net.pa> wrote in alt.atheism

>"stoney" <sto...@the.net> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 01:22:43 GMT, "Ron Baker, Pluralitas!"
>> <sto...@bellsouth.net.pa> wrote in alt.atheism
>>

>>>"Thurisaz, Germanic barbarian" <MAILTOc...@carcosa.de> wrote in
>>>message
>
><snip>
>

>>>I found a picture of us partaking of the green fairy.
>>>This was at the Hotel Graf Zeppelin in Konstanz.
>>>I've posted it in alt.binaries.alt.
>>>(Fortunately the hotel was not filled with hydrogen.)
>>
>> You might post it at:
>> http://imagedemon.com/
>> as the newsgroup may not be carried by all who are curious about the
>> pic.
>
>Cool. Thanks for the tip.

Welcome.