Pseudo-faqs and Anti-Astrologers.

Lili4Love3

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

This is to alert the newcomers to this group that alt.astrology has at least 2
faqs (frequently asked questions): the widely accepted faq, written by an
astrologer at the group's inception (i believe) and a new faq written (I
believe) by Sherilyn --or if not written by Sherilyn, then at least
*promulgated* by Sherilyn.

Please note that Sherilyn is NOT an astrologer, nor is she (to my knowledge) a
student of astrology. Why she keeps pushing a faq that is antithetical to the
aim of this newsgroup is beyond me. Alt.astrology is for people who want to
discuss astrology. Although the validity of astrology is certainly a
reasonable topic, most individuals upon deciding that a topic (e.g., astrology)
lacks merit, move on to something that does interest him/her.

Unfortunately, on alt.astrology, there appears to be a good number of
individuals who are here not to *question* astrology's validity, nor to learn
about astrology, an attitude best described as skeptical. I have no issue with
skeptics, however, many here know little about astrology and have very little
interest (apparently) in learning about astrology. In fact, a good number of
these *cynics* appear to have no higher intentions than those of denigrating
astrologers, leading students/newcomers astray (with false information -- e.g.,
stating someone's rising sign is Capricorn, arbitrarily when, in fact, it is
Aries) and attacking/undermining the function of this newsgroup.

I have long been of the opinion that these "trouble makers" are best left
ignored. However, in an effort to give such individuals the "benefit of the
doubt", I've attempted all manners of relating, hoping to dispel the
negativity. These attempts have been entirely fruitless. I just can't be
bothered anymore talking to individuals who simply can not or will not allow
alt.astrology to be a forum for the discussion of astrology.

I'm going back to my first instinct; some people are best left ignored. I do
think it is unfair for newcomers to ask astrologers sincere questions and to
get smart alecky remarks from cynics. But I trust that everything serves some
purpose. From another perspective, the *cynic problem* is almost pathetically
laughable. Astrology must be very threatening to these poor people. Though,
cynics dismiss astrology as so much nonsense, if astrology were really so
silly, than why would a group of individuals persistently *waste* their time
here? The situation is really rather comical in a bizarre way.

In conclusion, I offer the following analogy: I don't like sports and I find
it amazing that in the US we pay people more money to throw balls than to
teach our children. But I'm not on alt.baseball telling athletes/sports fans
that they are scam artists, kooks, robbers of education. I just can't be
bothered. Likewise, I can't be bothered with anti-astrology zealots.

I am willing to assist (to the best of my ablility) those who express a
sincere in the topic of this newsgroup: astrology.

I hope this clarifies some matters.

Peace,

Lili

Paul Schlyter

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

In article <19980119032...@ladder02.news.aol.com>,

Lili4Love3 <lili4...@aol.com> wrote:

> I'm going back to my first instinct; some people are best left ignored.
> I do think it is unfair for newcomers to ask astrologers sincere questions
> and to get smart alecky remarks from cynics. But I trust that everything
> serves some purpose. From another perspective, the *cynic problem* is
> almost pathetically laughable. Astrology must be very threatening to
> these poor people. Though,cynics dismiss astrology as so much nonsense,

> if astrology were really so silly, than why would a group of individuals
> persistently *waste* their time here?

Because astrologers are far too successful in spreading this silliness
through society, and we want to try to stop this. People are entitled
to be informed about the truth of astrology - why are you opposing this?

If you want to be left alone, the most efficient way to acheive this
would be if you stopped making false claims.

> In conclusion, I offer the following analogy: I don't like sports and I find
> it amazing that in the US we pay people more money to throw balls than to
> teach our children. But I'm not on alt.baseball telling athletes/sports fans
> that they are scam artists, kooks, robbers of education. I just can't be
> bothered.

Well, sport fans don't make false claims, like astrologers do. They
compete in their sport arenas, and those who are interested are
welcome to watch. That's about it - it's a game, nothing less,
nothing more.

If sport fans did more, e.g. if they "predicted" yours and everybody
else's future, based on e.g. the position of the players during a
football game, and if millions of people took these predictions
seriously, would that still not bother you? If people you know got
unnecessarily alarmed because they believed the position of some
football players during a particular football game "predicted"
disasters for them in the future - would that still not bother you?

> Likewise, I can't be bothered with anti-astrology zealots.

If so, why did you post this?

Paul Schlyter, Swedish Amateur Astronomer's Society (SAAF)
Grev Turegatan 40, S-114 38 Stockholm, SWEDEN
e-mail: pau...@saaf.se paul.s...@ausys.se pa...@inorbit.com
WWW: http://spitfire.ausys.se/psr -- updated daily!

anonym

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

Lili4Love3 wrote:

snipped pouting whine that she typed as she popped her bubble gum.

A psychic remote viewing shows lili4love to have an eerie resemblance
to "Baby Spice"; ponytails and all (well, none of the charm).

A little bit of Victoria Jackson, too (without the enhanced cranial
capacity).

Sherilyn

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

In article <19980119032...@ladder02.news.aol.com>, Lili4Love3
<lili4...@aol.com> writes

>Please note that Sherilyn is NOT an astrologer, nor is she (to my knowledge) a
>student of astrology. Why she keeps pushing a faq that is antithetical to the
>aim of this newsgroup is beyond me.
The Posting FAQ is consistent with the aim of the group: the discussion
of serious astrology.
--
Sherilyn| alt.astrology
Posting FAQ http://www.faqs.org/faqs/astrology/posting/

Message has been deleted

www.c-zone.net/sidereal/

Jan 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/21/98

pau...@electra.saaf.se (Paul Schlyter) wrote:

quote"In article <19980119032...@ladder02.news.aol.com>,
quote"Lili4Love3 <lili4...@aol.com> wrote:
quote"
quote"> I'm going back to my first instinct; some people are best left ignored.
quote"> I do think it is unfair for newcomers to ask astrologers sincere
questions
quote"> and to get smart alecky remarks from cynics. But I trust that
everything
quote"> serves some purpose. From another perspective, the *cynic problem* is
quote"> almost pathetically laughable. Astrology must be very threatening to
quote"> these poor people. Though,cynics dismiss astrology as so much nonsense,
quote"> if astrology were really so silly, than why would a group of individuals
quote"> persistently *waste* their time here?
quote"
quote"Because astrologers are far too successful in spreading this silliness
quote"through society, and we want to try to stop this. People are entitled
quote"to be informed about the truth of astrology - why are you opposing this?
quote"
quote"If you want to be left alone, the most efficient way to acheive this
quote"would be if you stopped making false claims.
quote"
quote"> In conclusion, I offer the following analogy: I don't like sports and I
find
quote"> it amazing that in the US we pay people more money to throw balls than
quote"> teach our children. But I'm not on alt.baseball telling athletes/sports
fans
quote"> that they are scam artists, kooks, robbers of education. I just can't
be
quote"> bothered.
quote"
quote"Well, sport fans don't make false claims, like astrologers do. They
quote"compete in their sport arenas, and those who are interested are
quote"welcome to watch. That's about it - it's a game, nothing less,
quote"nothing more.
quote"
quote"If sport fans did more, e.g. if they "predicted" yours and everybody
quote"else's future, based on e.g. the position of the players during a
quote"football game, and if millions of people took these predictions
quote"seriously, would that still not bother you? If people you know got
quote"unnecessarily alarmed because they believed the position of some
quote"football players during a particular football game "predicted"
quote"disasters for them in the future - would that still not bother you?
quote"
quote"> Likewise, I can't be bothered with anti-astrology zealots.
quote"
quote"If so, why did you post this?
quote"
quote"--
quote"----------------------------------------------------------------
quote"Paul Schlyter, Swedish Amateur Astronomer's Society (SAAF)
quote"Grev Turegatan 40, S-114 38 Stockholm, SWEDEN
quote"e-mail: pau...@saaf.se paul.s...@ausys.se pa...@inorbit.com
quote"WWW: http://spitfire.ausys.se/psr -- updated daily!

pete comments: here little amateur paul (fails his astronomers examine)
trys to justify his over 4000 anti astro tirades posted within the
past 4 years.

And as ususal, just more septic cultist smoke

And all during that four years time - little amateur pual has never
been able to answer my question WHAT IS THE SOURCE OF ZERO ARIES?

Edmond Wollmann

Jan 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/21/98

Sherilyn wrote:
SNIP!
Irrelevent.
What astrological system, application or area of psychological study
with regard to it would you like to discuss? Or is proving my OCD
assertions the only thing you can muster?
You
A) Can't killfile me because you are weak willed and weak minded and
B) Can't resist "monitoring" this group or following up my posts because
you have a bad case of
C) OCD
--
"Now I know what's right, I got just one light. In a world that keeps on
pushin me around gonna stand my ground and I won't back down! I won't

Edmond Wollmann

Jan 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/21/98

anonym wrote:
SNIP!

There seems to be a pattern of stalking here again.

It seems that there is an inability to stay focused on, or to deal with,
the issues at hand.
One must take responsibility for their psychological reactions in
interactions with others that are not conducive to logical resolutions,
nurturing insight, or inspired conversation-and reframe them. I would
really rather discuss issues rather than personalities (which is
fallacious of ad hominem abusive sort) and wish you the best in your
pursuits. It is my sincere hope that you can rid yourself of this
negativity and pettyness. I have faith that you can, regardless of how
miserable you insist on being.

Although healthy competition is always a catalyst, I feel that this
component is out of control and is interfering in this case with
jealousy as the culprit. I find it unproductive and would rather not
waste time in sarcasm and or blaming.
Time is very important to me and I enjoy personal development and
spirited conversation. I post on usenet with the intention of learning
and/or sharing what I know.
If in the future we can refrain from personal defenses and innuendo I
would be glad to resume with the issues at hand.
Thank you for understanding if I choose not to respond any further in
any other way than this until then.
Please ask or state astrological issues or psychological/metaphysical
issues in order to stay on topic -the inent of creating newsgroups such
as this one. It was not created for you to vent your frustration with
your own accomplishments and life choices.
Thanks
--
"And in the morning of my life and in the evening of my day, I will try
to understand in what you say. Through all that life can give to you,

nospamq

Jan 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/21/98

Edmond Wollmann wrote:

> anonym wrote:
> SNIP!
>
> There seems to be a pattern of stalking here again.

Yes, it seems everytime anonym posts something, you or your hench-girl
seem unable to stop obsessively replying.

> It seems that there is an inability to stay focused on, or to deal with,
> the issues at hand.
> One must take responsibility for their psychological reactions in
> interactions with others that are not conducive to logical resolutions,
> nurturing insight, or inspired conversation-and reframe them. I would
> really rather discuss issues rather than personalities (which is
> fallacious of ad hominem abusive sort) and wish you the best in your
> pursuits. It is my sincere hope that you can rid yourself of this
> negativity and pettyness. I have faith that you can, regardless of how
> miserable you insist on being.
>
> Although healthy competition is always a catalyst, I feel that this
> component is out of control and is interfering in this case with
> jealousy as the culprit. I find it unproductive and would rather not
> waste time in sarcasm and or blaming.
> Time is very important to me and I enjoy personal development and
> spirited conversation.

> I post on usenet with the intention of learning
> and/or sharing what I know.
> If in the future we can refrain from personal defenses and innuendo I
> would be glad to resume with the issues at hand.

Hey! Let's take a look at some of Ed's learning, sharing, and refraining
from personal defenses and innuendo! Yeah, it's spirited, alright; and
while you enjoy your "personal development", you are apparently unaware
that your development is akin to that of a malignant tumor.

"Now why are you continuing to crosspost to metapsych you fucking
> troublemaker!!!" Edmond Wollmann P.M.A.F.A.
>
> "Losing what you fucking idiot? You've lost it."
Edmond Wollmann P.M.A.F.A.

> "Inconsiderate fucking cynic." Edmond Wollmann
P.M.A.F.A.

> "Whoopdiedoodledaday! Cynics can post all fucking
year-but let me post a
> couple of remarks and whooooooaaaa!" Edmond
Wollmann P.M.A.F.A

> "YOU are a sock puppet you lying piece of shit!"
Edmond Wollmann P.M.A.F.A

> "And ugly as fuck to boot!!!"
>
> "I am unlike anyone you have ever met and ever
will-don't pigeon hole me
> you son of a bitch!" Edmond Wollmann P.M.A.F.A
>
> "I am Just analytically correct-you are ugly as
fuck inside and out."
> Edmond Wollmann P.M.A.F.A
>
> " Now whos the fucking bully asshole?" Edmond
Wollmann P.M.A.F.A

> "Wait till we meet in person ass hole I'll rip you
a new one then too."
> Edmond Wollmann P.M.A.F.A
>
> "Got a problem with it TV? Killfile me bitch."
Edmond Wollmann P.M.A.F.A

> "Snipped your 196th spam of you fucking URL I will
never go to and no one
> gives a shit about." Edmond Wollmann P.M.A.F.A
>
> " Get out-if you think I'll ever let go of your ass
you've got
> another thing coming." Edmond Wollmann P.M.A.F.A
>
> "EAT SHIT YOU UGLY BITCH!!!!!!" Edmond Wollmann
P.M.A.F.A

> Thank you for understanding if I choose not to respond any further in
> any other way than this until then.
> Please ask or state astrological issues or psychological/metaphysical
> issues in order to stay on topic -the inent of creating newsgroups such
> as this one. It was not created for you to vent your frustration with
> your own accomplishments and life choices.
> Thanks

Thanks for being such a hideous hypocrite.You serve as a fine example of
how a person should not be.

Curtis Manwaring

Jan 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/21/98

>Therefore ADMITTING YOU, PETE (MILTON) STAPLETON, DON"T KNOW THE SOURCE
>OF ZERO ARIES!
>
>HEY EVERYBODY! PETE (MILTON) STAPLETON, MAJOR ASSTROLLOGIST, DOESN"T
>KNOW THE SOURCE OF ZERO ARIES!

I think most of us know by now that he's a one track pony. How many times
has he posted the "Kay Cavendar's Sidereal Anthology" source? (which
according to him is "the only true source of all astrological
information". ) But serious scholars have a much wider understanding than
that, which requires being well read in many areas and not just one. I
doubt very seriously that he even knows what such terms as animodar, hyleg,
alcocoden, etc... pertain to in astrology let alone, zero aries.

Sincerely,
Curt Manwaring

Greg Lynn

Jan 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/23/98

In article <34C550...@pacbell.net>, ano...@pacbell.net says...

>www.c-zone.net/sidereal/ wrote:
>>

>Therefore ADMITTING YOU, PETE (MILTON) STAPLETON, DON"T KNOW THE
SOURCE
>OF ZERO ARIES!
>
>HEY EVERYBODY! PETE (MILTON) STAPLETON, MAJOR ASSTROLLOGIST, DOESN"T
>KNOW THE SOURCE OF ZERO ARIES!

What a revelation. We already know Peat is a simpleton. We don't need
confirmation of it.