I have no earth signs in my chart. Am I screwed?

Aphrodette

Nov 7, 1994, 1:40:10 AM11/7/94
In article <39hs3f$c...@girtab.usc.edu>, s...@girtab.usc.edu (William Sou)
writes:

Yup. You are right. NO EARTH. The one exception - Juno is in Virgo at the
time of birth.Your South Node is in Taurus.. :(

You must remember, however, you do have planets and asteroids in houses
rules by Taurus and Capricorn. This lends practicality and the ability to
apply oneself to a prosperous life. Patience is the attribute you need to
develop the most..

Love and Light, Aphrodette

Meade Roberts

Nov 7, 1994, 3:38:36 PM11/7/94
Hi William,

I saw that Aphrodette confirmed your later of planets in earth signs.
I'm the same way, but money's not an issue for me. Of course, that's
a lie, since I have to deal with it most days of my life, but I seem
to have enough -- that's what I mean. I guess I'd have to get a little
clearer about what you question is exactly. The question seems to
be aimed at questions of financial security, right? So, do you
want to know how to go about attaining that? Sorry to be so dense,
but I have no earth in my chart. :)

The highly affluent,

Meadeness

. Meade Roberts (503) 223-1007 .
. me...@netcom.com OR me...@ds.plaza.adp.com .

Edie Gale Hays

Nov 8, 1994, 7:23:04 PM11/8/94
Whaddya mean you have no earth signs in your chart? Ya got three of them,
just like everyone else. Just because you have no PLANETS in them does not
mean they are insignificant! Which houses do your earth signs control (cusps)?
How strong are the planets which rule the earth signs (Venus for Taurus,
Mercury for Virgo, and Saturn for Capricorn)?

I also have no planets in earth signs in my chart. But I have a few planets
in earth houses (2nd, 6th and 10th). Often when I feel most flighty friends
will come to me and tell me "You are the most grounded person I know."
Makes no sense to me. No one ever tells me that when I feel grounded!

I read somewhere that absence of planets in an element or mode does not mean
that the attributes of that element or mode are missing, but rather that they
are so ingrained that they are not an issue. What you see the most of is
what needs work.

Edie

William Sou

Nov 14, 1994, 2:33:54 AM11/14/94
me...@netcom.com (Meade Roberts) writes:

>I saw that Aphrodette confirmed your later of planets in earth signs.
>I'm the same way, but money's not an issue for me. Of course, that's
>a lie, since I have to deal with it most days of my life, but I seem
>to have enough -- that's what I mean. I guess I'd have to get a little
>clearer about what you question is exactly. The question seems to
>be aimed at questions of financial security, right? So, do you
>want to know how to go about attaining that? Sorry to be so dense,
>but I have no earth in my chart. :)

Yeah, you could say that. Right now, I'm a college student who is barely
going to have enough money to make it to the end of the semester, and I
know this trend will go on throughout my scholastic career, and maybe
even my life. So, you're right; I want to know how to attain financial
security given my deficiency. Could you tell me how to do it? You're
probably not dense; I probably could have phrased the question better.

William Sou

Nov 14, 1994, 2:38:21 AM11/14/94
edg...@saucer.cc.umr.edu ( Edie Gale Hays) writes:

>Whaddya mean you have no earth signs in your chart? Ya got three of them,
>just like everyone else. Just because you have no PLANETS in them does not
>mean they are insignificant! Which houses do your earth signs control (cusps)?
>How strong are the planets which rule the earth signs (Venus for Taurus,
>Mercury for Virgo, and Saturn for Capricorn)?

Alright, so I am a little confused about this. But I still know that
there are no planets in my earth signs--that's probably what I mean. So,
you want to know how strong the planets which rule the earth signs are in
my chart? Again, I did this a long time ago, so my memory fails me in
places. But, I can tell you that for me, both Mercury and Venus are in
Pisces, my Sun Sign. Now, can you help me?

Meade Roberts

Nov 14, 1994, 3:25:04 PM11/14/94
William Sou (s...@phakt.usc.edu) wrote:
: me...@netcom.com (Meade Roberts) writes:

Ok, William, let's give you a break here. I think I get what you're
asking. You may be somewhat like me in that you never really get
involved with the whole financial aspect of things, at least to the
degree that others do. I just pay for things when needed and that's
the end of it. You'll probably have enough to get by on when needed.
This is just a guess, or really an example of how this "lack of earth"
might express. I assume that you aren't majoring in finance or
banking of some sort. :) Now that's where you might expect to find
more earth in a chart. As pointed out, you do, of course, have
earthy elements in your chart, but they aren't seemingly emphasized
like in many other's charts. This can make for more of a dreamer than
a realist, more of a slob than an organizer, more concern about
ideas and feelings than things. You may be more of a philosophic
economist than driven by practicality. Money is another form of
energy exchange on this physical level. You may already experience
some lack of connection with it and this could continue throughout
your life, though even people with planets posited in earth signs
might conform to this pattern, because so many of us just don't have
our lives integrated and balanced on all levels. Money and
budgeting often reflect this inner scattering.

You might get more of a custom answer to your question if you
supply this group with your full natal information: place,
time (as exact as possible), and date of birth. You might also
supply us with your field of interest. Hey, we already know
you don't have any money to offer. :)

Penuriously Yours,

Betsy Schaeffer

Nov 16, 1994, 6:00:33 PM11/16/94
In article <3adf4i$3...@senator-bedfellow.MIT.EDU>, kd...@ATHENA.MIT.EDU
(Kathy de Zengotita) wrote:
>I know two men with nothing in earth. Both of them started out from pretty much >rock bottom and both became millionaires several times over. They had no
> family or educational advantages to speak of.......................

Kathy - I think that is so interesting. O.J. Simpson has no earth in his
chart, and he seems to fit what you described above. Also, O. J. has no
earth, but he married a Taurus (Nicole). Betsy

Kathy de Zengotita

Nov 16, 1994, 12:22:26 PM11/16/94
>William Sou (s...@phakt.usc.edu) wrote:

>: Yeah, you could say that. Right now, I'm a college student who is barely
>: going to have enough money to make it to the end of the semester, and I
>: know this trend will go on throughout my scholastic career, and maybe
>: even my life. So, you're right; I want to know how to attain financial
>: security given my deficiency. Could you tell me how to do it?

Lack of earth signs need not be a bar to making a lot of money,
but it will certainly influence your attitude toward material things.
Just my two cents: I know two men with nothing in earth, not a planet,
not an angle, nothing. Both of them started out from pretty much rock

bottom and both became millionaires several times over. They had no
family or educational advantages to speak of.

HOWEVER: they are both seem non-materialistic in their outlooks.
If they need money to pursue one of their lofty goals they somehow
have the power to make or get or borrow as much as they need.
It's actually sort of eerie. And they never mind taking risks either--
no earth = no caution. And if some business project doesn't work out, they
just go on to the next thing, because their egos and emotions are not
invested in the business side of life.
So. You may have to follow your ideals, your emotions, or your
spiritual path in order to do well financially. As for security--life
is uncertain in its very nature. All you can do is your best, and I
wish you the best
(not having a whole lot of earth either, and only now
struggling to get a grip on finances)--KdeZ

mis...@csc.canterbury.ac.nz

Nov 17, 1994, 6:39:37 AM11/17/94
In article <bas-1611...@192.80.56.96>, b...@aer.com (Betsy Schaeffer) writes:

> Kathy - I think that is so interesting. O.J. Simpson has no earth in his
> chart, and he seems to fit what you described above. Also, O. J. has no
> earth, but he married a Taurus (Nicole). Betsy

I'd say that as well. I've no Earth sign planets, other than Juno and Cere in
Cap. And I seem to draw the earthly woman. Seems like I'm trying to fulfill the
"lack" in my chart.

I find the lack of earth tends to affect the body as well.

--
** I reserve the right to contradict myself . . . **

Nicholas Lee mis...@csc.canterbury.ac.nz
University of Canterbury Christchurch, New Zealand

William Sou

Nov 21, 1994, 5:40:15 AM11/21/94
me...@netcom.com (Meade Roberts) writes:

Dear Meadness:

This may sound dumb, but I you are exactly right! You're advice, as well
as that of all the others, have helped me a lot in trying to answer some
of my questions.

Well, if this helps, I'll give you my information. I was born March 17,
1976, 2:17 P.M., in Minneapolis, Minnesota. I am undeclared as a major
right now (might be because I have a Libra Moon), but I am leaning
towards Pre-Med (partly because my father wants me to be a doctor) or
Broadcast Journalism (altough I am intimidated by the limited job market).

Now, can you or anyone else give me insight into me? Thanks.

-The Iconoclast
(or William, whichever you prefer)

EHWollmann

Nov 22, 1994, 7:25:30 PM11/22/94
In article <3aptef$5...@aludra.usc.edu>, s...@aludra.usc.edu (William Sou)
writes:

All the elements need balance in a chart. They reflect the degree of
belief and trust in each of the functions. A lack of Earth reflects a
disbelief in the positive attributes of this element. A difficulty with
day-to-day stability and trust that OF THE EARTH IS ALSO SPIRITUAL. It is
spirit in physical terms. It really has little to do with money and more
to do with perspective.

Howard Sambol

Nov 26, 1994, 8:53:52 AM11/26/94
In article <3au25q$s...@newsbf01.news.aol.com>, ehwol...@aol.com
(EHWollmann) wrote:

Having no earth planets is not necessarily bad. It simply means that you
will strongly gravitate to thos epeople and experiences that give you a
feeling of groundedness and stability, security. We seek to complete
ourselves in whatever area we are missing an element.

Howard

Edie Gale Hays

Nov 26, 1994, 10:53:55 PM11/26/94

: > All the elements need balance in a chart. They reflect the degree of

: > belief and trust in each of the functions. A lack of Earth reflects a
: > disbelief in the positive attributes of this element. A difficulty with
: > day-to-day stability and trust that OF THE EARTH IS ALSO SPIRITUAL. It is
: > spirit in physical terms. It really has little to do with money and more
: > to do with perspective.

I don't know who wrote the above, but it's all hogwash!

All of the elements don't NEED to balance in a chart. Mine don't. Should I
commit suicide now and hope for a better (ie "balanced") chart next round?
Of course not.

I have lack of earth but I do NOT have lack of belief in the positive
attributes of Earth. I have SUCH belief that I seek others who have
strong earth. I do not have difficulty with day-to-day stability. I know
that the earth is spiritual.

Where did someone come up with this???

Edie