How to use solar return charts?

Denise M. Maier

Jan 24, 1995, 3:44:42 PM1/24/95
Also, try the 40 day charts. From your solar calculate 40 days, for
example: If your Sun is at 13 sag 52, the next chart would be calculated
for 23 cap 52 and thru the year. You will find some interesting material.
Regards, Denise

EHWollmann

Jan 24, 1995, 4:15:28 PM1/24/95
Yes transits apply to solar returns, lunar returns, secondaries, solar
arcs or what have you, they always apply to EVERYTHING. The angular houses
in the solar return reveal what is formost or in the forefront of
activities during the year in question. The succeedent houses reveal
issues brought over from the past year and difficult issues that are
ongoing. The cadent houses reflect areas of learning and change, new
things that are introduced. The Sun/moon blend indicates the major issues
and the attitude of the person in question. Lunar returns always reflect
and echo the major themes of the solar return they fall under. The solar
return can be progressed by dividing all motions of planets etc by the 360
degrees they must traverse, by 24 hours of time. The moon therefore would
move approx 1 degree per month. The aspects that occur 24 hours after the
return are very powerful and will manifest within the solar return period.
Planets that are conjunct cusps are also very strong especially if
angular. SR planets conjunct natal positions are also very important.
If you are not adept at natal delineation (identifying elemental
backdrops, planetary patterns and what they mean) you are wasting your
time delineating SRs because it reflects the unfoldment of the natal
promise. There is a mountain of things to learn about them. I hope I have
been of service with some of them.
Edmond H. Wollmann
Astrological Consulting "Not all that
counts is counted, San Diego, CA
and all that is counted counts"

Albert Einstein

JULIUS LESTER

Jan 23, 1995, 11:46:35 PM1/23/95
nic r (NMR...@psuvm.psu.edu) wrote:
: I know that your solar return chart for a particular year describes the
: major themes and events of that year. BUT do transits apply to the solar
: return chart, or just the natal chart?

: I'd also like if people familiar with interpretng solar return charts could
: share some of their knowledge of planets in houses interpretations -- i'm
: new to this area.

: nicole

I think the solar return chart is extremely important and use it
consciously each year as an aid in where energies will be concentrated
during the year. Transits do not apply to the solar return chart.
Transits provide details of the day-to-day in relation to the natal
chart. The solar chart is broader and is best understood in relation with
the natal chart.

Two books I find helpful. One is a short but excellent pamphlet called
Understanding Your Solar Returns by Connie Cummings and is published by
the American Federation of Astrologers. (ISBN 0-86690-329-1) The other
is probably the standard for this branch of astrology and that is Planets
in Solar Returns by Mary Shea, published by ACS Publications, ISBN
0917086-96-1. She looks at all the planets in the solar return chart, not
just Sun and Moon and Asc. However, according to Cummings the
interpretations for solar returns are the same as for natal. Shea does
some important refining of interpretations, however.

I think I tend to interpret my transits within the context of my solar
return chart. With the solar return giving me to broad picture, transits
help me track the ebb and flow of energies and to refine timing.

Julius Lester
les...@judnea.umass.edu

Carolyn M. Egan

Jan 25, 1995, 1:36:07 PM1/25/95
In article <3g20nb$5...@nic.umass.edu> les...@titan.oit.umass.edu (JULIUS LESTER) writes:
>From: les...@titan.oit.umass.edu (JULIUS LESTER)
>Newsgroups: alt.astrology
>Subject: Re: How to use solar return charts?
>Date: 24 Jan 1995 04:46:35 GMT

>: I'd also like if people familiar with interpretng solar return charts could
>: share some of their knowledge of planets in houses interpretations -- i'm
>: new to this area.

>: nicole

> The other

>is probably the standard for this branch of astrology and that is Planets
>in Solar Returns by Mary Shea, published by ACS Publications, ISBN
>0917086-96-1. She looks at all the planets in the solar return chart, not
>just Sun and Moon and Asc. However, according to Cummings the
>interpretations for solar returns are the same as for natal. Shea does
>some important refining of interpretations, however.

I'll second the Mary Shea book. Mary talks about the cycle of the s.r. Sun.
For ex. if you have the Sun in the 4th house of the s.r. chart this year,
then in 2 yrs the Sun will climb to the midheaven area of the chart. The s.r.
Sun advances about 3 houses each year and will change the houses from cardinal
to fixed or mutable with the leap year. Viewing your own cycle is very
interesting. It's helpful to have several s.r. charts made up for examination
of your own cycle. Observe what life held for you in the past few years then
you will be able to see the value in understanding and tracking
the cycle for the future.

Oh, yes, Mary's book is based on Western, Tropical astrology, Placidus houses,
non-precessed.

>I think I tend to interpret my transits within the context of my solar
>return chart. With the solar return giving me to broad picture, transits
>help me track the ebb and flow of energies and to refine timing.

For those new the solar return charts. This type of chart is actually a
transit chart. The chart is symbolic of how you will begin your new
year with erecting a chart for the exact moment the Sun returns to your
exact hour and minute of birth. Sometimes the s.r. chart will have a
date of the day before or the day after.
Regards, Carol

>Julius
Lester>les...@judnea.umass.edu

========================
Carolyn M. Egan
e-mail: Caroly...@brown.edu
Gemini Concepts
8 Harbour Terrace, Cranston RI
02905

psy...@met.com

Jan 29, 1995, 3:16:55 PM1/29/95

Has anyone ever tried working with Lunar Return charts....for the
month...an astrologer friend of mine...uses them all the time..and
claims that if you insert your natal planets in the lunar return
houses...you can get an even clearer view....any ideas?

--
METRO Online (212) 996-3664