Saturn/Moon

Andiasaro

Jul 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/31/96

What is the significance if one's Saturn and Moon are in the same sign?
(Please e-mail responses. Thanks!!)

andi

Edmond Wollmann

Jul 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/31/96

It means that perhaps you are reserved, cautious, maybe emotionally
defensive. This may stem from a parental relationship(s) that was -or you
interpreted as restrictive and disciplinary. The moon is your most
important need, and Saturn is the thing you fear, and give power to in
physicality. You may have difficulty with your self image. It would help
if next time you told us the signs. It is a sign of perhaps some guilt,
this is as far as I would go on such limited information.
--
Edmond H. Wollmann P.M.A.F.A.
© 1996 Astrological Consulting/Altair Publications

Kevin Burk

Aug 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/1/96
to Andiasaro

Andiasaro wrote:

> What is the significance if one's Saturn and Moon are in the same sign?
> (Please e-mail responses. Thanks!!)
>
> andi

Andi,

Having two planets in the same sign only means that the two planets are
each motivated by the same things. (The planets represent functions or
urges, the signs represent the motivation for expression and the style
of expression, the houses represent where you will encounter these
energies).

The Moon represents feelings, emotions, the unconscious, the
subconscious, the feminine, nurturing, memory, the past, and mother
figures - and this is only a very short list.

Saturn represents boundaries, limitations, structure, karma, teachers,
and authority figures - including father figures.

With both the Moon and Saturn in the same sign, your need for security
(Moon) and need for structure (Saturn) are motivated in the same way.
Also your style of emoting and feeling (Moon) and your style of taking
responsiblity and/or dealing with authority (Saturn) are motivated in
the same way.

If the Moon and Saturn are within six degrees of each other, then the
two functions are closely linked, and you may experience limitations
(Saturn) in how you can experience or express your feelings (Moon) or
you may feel very responsible (Saturn) for how you react (Moon) to
external stimuli. When Saturn is very close to the Moon, one of the
potential lessons to learn is to release possible feelings of guilt. It
can also be an indication that you may have experienced your father
(Saturn) as being authoritarian and repressing (Saturn) your emotional
needs or of threatining your ability to express your feelings (Moon), or
that you may have experienced your mother (Moon) as being restrictive or
authoritarian (Saturn). (This doesn't mean that they actually /were/
only that you may have /experienced/ them in this way, at some point in
your life, which would be indicated by Saturn and the Moon's house
placement in your chart.

Kevin

<<kb...@astro-horoscopes.com http://www.astro-horoscopes.com/~kburk>>

Michael

Aug 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/2/96

I just wanted to add that from a karmic perspective, Saturn conjunct the
Moon can indicate some problem with nurturing and expressing emotion, or
with issues surrounding mother-child relationships. All of this problems
can center around feelings of guilt, pain, and loss which you are being
pushed to overcome in this life. But since it's difficult, but not
impossible, to determine what events in a past life or lives brought
these feelings about, you can at least deal with healing these feelings
from events in this life. The remedy for Saturn is Venus (love), and love
for the self is especially needed in order to heal from Saturn
afflictions. Often, people with Saturn afflictions are harder on
themselves, and punish themselves far longer and far worse than the
perpetrators they may encounter.

--Michael

Susan

Aug 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/8/96

My Moon cojuncts Saturn in Libra, what additional affect does this
lend?

Thanks Edmond!

Susan

--
103674,2...@compuserve.com

Edmond Wollmann

Aug 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/8/96
to Susan

Hi Susan
:-))) Why don't you just post your birth data? Libra -like the symbol of
the setting sun on the horizon, it is a peacful and contemplative and
reflective sign (I do this reflection sitting on the cliffs over the
beaches here in La Jolla at sunset). But reception and appreciation and
acceptance reinforces the Libran identity. With the Moon and Saturn here
your fears and needs are one in the same, there may be a giving of power
to the "other" because this need is so strong. You are deeply romantic.
There is a vacillation with Saturn in Libra, from desiring relationships
so strongly-to resentment after the recognition of the giving of that
power. Your sense of self revolves strongly around what others might
think (depending of course of the rest of the chart) and there may be a
lot of focus on fulfilling your most important need through the moon. The
parents and family had a great effect on these needs. You may be too hard
on yourself. I hope this helps.

"....and he lay in the cool, and rested, and he saw the tree above him,
and the stars, and the veins in the leaf, and the light, and the balance.
And he saw magnificent perfection whereon he thought of himself in
balance and he knew he was..... and upon this, he saw that when he was of
anger, or knew hurt or felt fear-it was because he was not understanding,
and he learned compassion. And with his eye of compassion he saw his
enemies like unto himself, and he learned love, and then he was answered.

Just open your eyes and realize the way its always been...
Just open your mind and you will find the way its always been...
Just open your heart and thats a start...

The Moody Blues "A Question of Balance"

Edmond Wollmann

Aug 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/8/96
to 103674, 2...@compuserve.com

Kevin Burk

Aug 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/9/96
to Susan

Susan wrote:

> My Moon cojuncts Saturn in Libra, what additional affect does this
> lend?
>
> Thanks Edmond!
>
> Susan
>
> --
> 103674,2...@compuserve.com

Susan,

If you are interested in an alternative viewpoint, read on...

Saturn is Exhalted in Libra - it is operating on the Spirit level, and
is a relatively strong placement for Saturn. Both Libra and Saturn are
concerned with boundaries between the self and others; Libra seeks to
harmonize with another, to balance and Saturn defines limitations and
structure.

The Moon is of two minds as it were with regards to structure. On the
one hand, the Moon /provides/ structure, or at least form for the
expression of the Sun. On the other hand, the Moon is flowing and
formless, and seeks a free and unfettered expression of itself.

Although other chart factors may shift the balance, with only the
information of Saturn and Moon conjunct in Libra, Saturn is 'stronger'
than the Moon.

Your sense of emotional security and ability to express your feelings
may be very structured, and at times, you may experience this as being
limiting. Rather than being able to feel for yourself, the Saturn and
the Libra influences on your Moon bring an ever-present awareness of how
you interact with others, and of the rules and boundaries and
responsibilities that govern how you can express your feelings and
emotions. At times, this could manifest as almost self-censorship - an
unwillingness or difficulty in expressing what you /really/ feel because
it might upset someone else, or upset the balance in a relationship. At
other times, this could manifest as a security need for the structure,
for the support of another person.

One of the higher possible manifestations of this placement is an
understanding of the importance of taking responsibility for your
emotions, your responses, you habits, feelings and your past, and the
ability to express yourself in harmony with others.

One other possible indication of this placement is that you may have
experienced your mother in such a way as to perceive that being in
balance and harmony with male authority figures was extremely important
to her. Whether or not you perceived that she had to give up some of
her own identity to a male (father figure) in order to keep the peace
has more to do with your own experience with your Libra energy than your
mother's.

Peace,