Neurodivergence from The Neurodivergent Perspective

ast...@yahoo.com

Dec 28, 2008, 2:03:37 PM12/28/08
Looking At Neurodivergence from The Neurodivergent Perspective.

Very interesting stuff.

A fellow astrologer once criticized Tom Cruise because of his being a
member of a cult that is highly controversial in society. He didn't
consider that maybe he was throwing a stone while in a glass house nor
calling a kettle "black."
I am not going to make any judgments about Tom Cruise with whom I
share neurodivergence and the belief that neurodivergents shouldn't be
on medication for not fitting inside the box in common. I mean..who
am I to judge? I believe in unconventional stuff too,and that would
get me badly judged by mental health professionals and conservative
religious people. I am talking about my beliefs in
Astrology,Numerology,Tarot,and other metaphysical/occult subjects. I
feel that I have to avoid being self righteous and point fingers. A
person's religion is a cult to another..especially if they don't
believe in the religion. Even Christianity was viewed as a cult in
it's early stages. A lot of Christians believe that paganism is a
cult. It really depends on one's point of view. It's relative. I
don't believe in absolutes. Just like what we see in the sky is
relative, and there are many ways to look at the sky. As
astrologers,we mainly use ecliptic longitude coordinates, and some
astrologers also use declinations(equatorial latitude coordinates).
However,astronomers don't use the ecliptic longitude coordinates. They
use Right Ascension(equatorial longitude coordinates) along with
declinations to locate celestial objects. Does that mean that
astrologers are using the wrong coordinates? Of course not. Does
that mean that astronomers are using the wrong coordinates? Of course
not. They are both looking at the same sky, but they are looking at
it from different perspectives. Horizon coordinates have been used
too, and they are used in visual based star paran system. There
are many coordinates that we can use to locate celestial objects, and
so many perspectives of how we look at the sky. We have many
astrological systems in the field of Astrology. None of them are
necessarily wrong. They are just seeing the chart from different
perspectives. That's how religions and philosophies are too. I don't
know about you, but I wouldn't want my New Age,NeoPagan,Unitarian
Universalist beliefs to be accused of being cultish nor wrong in some
way. That's why I give people the consideration including even people
like Tom Cruise who believes in Scientology which I don't believe
in. I feel that we humans need to avoid self righteousness and
hypocrisy when it comes to views that are divergent from others. I
believe that Eris has to do with Diversity. Mythological Eris caused
men to quarrel and fight by making them believe that their opinions
are right and other's are wrong. It seems like it might have to do
with ideology. It also seems to fit with diversity and divergence
which often are connected to equal/civil rights. I believe that the
solution is the most simple concept of all - "Treat others like you
want to be treated" Even Jesus preached "Do unto others as you would
have them do unto you" But.......good grief!....it's like the
hardest concept to practice on our planet even though it's the easiest
concept of all.

so with that in mind....

I believe that Neptune is strong in a neurodivergent. They are
confusing and can easily be confused in some ways. They are hard to
pin down,often misunderstood/misdiagnosed, and put on medication like
antipsychotic,Risperdal have been used to treat behavior problems in
people(especially children) with ADHD and Autistic Spectrum Disorders.
Many of them are ultrasensitive(as in ultraresponsive to external
stimuli which can be sensory integration issues) and highly
imaginative types(which can fit with the visual thinking,nonlinear
thought processes that many neurotypicals,and highly distractibility
from an internal source). Many neurotypicals might even see them as
deceptive in some way if they don't understand their neurodivergent
weaknesses...i.e. many neurodivergents have problems with eye contact.
It can be because of sensory integration issues or coordination issues
that have problems as they have a hard time doing more than one thing
at the same time. Having eye contact or not having eye contact with
another during communications is often viewed as determining if
somebody's being honest or not. Some have to pause before answering a
question. This could be because of auditory input speech lags or being
primarily a picture thinker with word thinking being secondary. Some
might see that as being dishonest because they might think
"well...he's obviously lying,he can't even give a straight answer"
Even disorganization and absentmindedness that many neurodivergents
have can be mistaken for deception too.

All the planets beyond Saturn are referred to as outerplanets, and so
they are related to metaphysical energies. Uranus is the planet of
liberation from boundaries as it breaks way with its need for
independence,and it is associated with innovation and intuitive
flashes. Neptune is the planet of dissolution of boundaries as it
pierces the veil to reveal another world,and it is associated with
imagination,inspiration, and psychism. Pluto is the planet of
elimination of boundaries, and is compared to being the other side.
This could be death,afterlife,or could be the subterranean depths of
the human psyche. It is possible that Pluto's fellow transneptunian
objects could be similar to Pluto. I believe that Pluto and its fellow
transneptunians can be energies so metaphysical that they can be hard
to handle and can manifest as problems on the physical plane such as
serious health problems,psychiatric disorders, and even
neurodivergence which are often subtle in their own way and very
misunderstood. These aren't necessarily bad things. Neurodivergence
tends to be very misunderstood,and it was unknown for a long time. The
issues tend to be subtle. They have also been known as hidden
handicaps.

With that in mind, I believe that it makes sense that the kuiper belt
objects associated with unknown,hidden,subtleties could be indicators
for neurodivergence.

I believe that Chiron does fit with special needs which often require
special attention. Many children with special needs often grow up to
be compassionate adults that care about children and others with
special needs. Chiron can be about having painful experiences that
lead you to be a compassionate person that care about others that have
similar painful experiences.

Chiron is located between Saturn and Uranus.......so bridges the
physical and metaphysical. It's considered
holistic.....mind,body,spirit connection.
Saturn/Uranus midpoint is said to be Chiron-sensitive. That means that
aspects to Saturn/Uranus midpoint is like aspects to Chiron.

think of the myth, Chiron
He was rejected by his parents, Cronos and Philyra because of his
appearance as a centaur, but he ended up being a foster parent/mentor
of many of the great heroes like Heracles,Jason,Achilles. He taught
Asclepius to be a healer,and he was surpassed by that son of
Apollo,the god of healing. Asclepius was the God of medicine.
Chiron was accidentally shot by Heracles with one of the poisoned
arrows dipped in the Hydra's blood. He couldn't cure himself of the
wound. He ended up taking Prometheus' place in the Underworld which
led to the end of his pain.

Chariklo was his mate too. Chariklo is also the largest of the
centaurs in our solar system. Like Chiron, it orbits between Saturn
and Uranus. The difference is that it has an orbit less eccentric than
Chiron. Centaurs named after females have less eccentric orbits than
Centaurs named after males. The eccentricity of the orbits of the
centaur celestial objects is like wild nature,noncomformity of the
centaur creatures. That's why Chiron is viewed as a maverick.

BTW...there are over 40 centaurs, and over 10 of them have names
already.

It would make sense to think that if Chiron is involved in
neurodivergent conditions, then maybe other centaurs are involved in
neurodivergent conditions too.

Also kuiper belt object Ixion is named after the grandfather of the
centaurs. Ixion was known for his lusty nature like his descendants.
He actually got punished by Zeus for wanting and trying to get it on
with Zeus' wife,Hera. a horny mortal man trying to get it on with the
queen of the gods. hahahahaha. That's how lusty Ixion was.

Ixion is a big plutino(3rd largest plutino), and it has 2:3 resonance
with Neptune like Pluto. Its orbit is highly eccentric like Pluto's.
Their orbits are similar to the orbits of centaurs with their
eccentricity. They can be seen as wild,nonconformists.

I am going to look at it from the neurodivergent perspective too.
That means that I don't view neurodivergence as a disorder. I view it
as an alternative way of being and thinking which doesn't conform to
the arbitrary rules of society. Therefore,I am not going to just focus
on planetary afflictions which would be focus on just what's wrong
with the person. I will focus on the easy aspects too as well as the
esoteric aspect harmonics (5th,7th,9th,11th).

I am looking for harmonic aspect triangles,quadrilaterals or patterns
with more than 5 objects. It's possible that a narrow orb esoteric
aspect involvin a personal planet/point could be important,and that
could be something to consider. I believe that this is especially the
case for close orbed 5th harmonic aspects that include the quintile
and biquintile which were devised by Johannes Johannes Kepler based on
musical harmonic theory. It is said that he was skeptical of signs and
houses in Astrology. It makes sense that he would think " the hell
with the zodiac signs, I am coming up with my own aspects that have
nothing to do with them". He opened the can of worms when he
introduced minor aspects in Astrology. Even now,sesquiquadrates
(devised by Kepler based on fiveness...5/8) and semisquaresare
regularly used in Cosmobiology,seen on a 90 degree dial and Uranian
Astrology as major aspects and regularly used with midpoints. Minor
aspects are not necessarily minor, but they just require much smaller
orbs than regular aspects. Minor aspect patterns have corresponding
midpoint pictures. Even the golden section aspect(devised by Theodor
Landscheidt) triangles have corresponding midpoint pictures. All
midpoint pictures are harmonic aspect patterns any way. It's just that
the ones that aren't of the 12th harmonic series
(conjunction,opposition,square,sextile,semisextile,quincunx) are not
easily seen in the regular chart.

5th harmonic in regards to neurodivergence:

It is said to be a quality similar to Pluto,with overtones of Venus
and Mars: some kind of concrete creation or destruction is effected.
Intellectual functions (not excluding emotion) and all especially
human matters. Transformational change. The ability to express
creative inspiration (due to other factors) in concrete creations.
Many neurodivergents have obsessive traits. Many are highly
emotional,intense and have history of emotional outbursts,emotional
meltdowns which might be viewed as temper tantrums and can be
destructive. Many of them can be a bit obsessive and
hyperfocus,especially when it comes to interests. This could make them
very good researchers. Because they think are lateral outside the box
thinkers,they can be very creative. Many of them are in
creative,artistic fields. The 10th harmonic might be important if it
involves near exact to exact aspects (0 to 5 minutes of arc) and/or
aspect patterns.

7th harmonic in regards to neurodivergence:

I check the 7th harmonic first because the 7th harmonic is said to
have Uranus-Neptune flavor,energy linkings not entirely of this world
as well as creative inspiration,but also mental and emotional
difficulties and tenuous connectedness with the physical
universe;religion.
There could be an otherworldliness about neurodivergents. Mental and
emotional difficulties seems like it would fit with neurodivergence
too. Also the 7th harmonic could be about the sublteties of existence,
and neurodivergents tend to be extremely sensitive to subtleties that
they can be easily overwhelmed,overstimulated by their environment.
The 14th harmonic might be important if it involves near exact to
exact aspects (0 to 5 minutes of arc) and/or aspect patterns.

9th harmonic in regards to neurodivergence:

The 9th harmonic is said to be about completions,endings;what life
produces in the long run;needs and capacities in relationships and
marriage. It seems that the 9th harmonic harmonic has to do with the
big picture and wholeness(the integration of halves,parts into a
cohesion....like the mind,body,and spirit.....or yin and yang....or.
Many neurodivergents are global learners, and they tend to be good at
seeing the big picture. Of course, many people only see parts of them
whether it's just their weaknesses or just their strengths and not
both their strengths and weaknesses. The 18th harmonic might be
important if it involves near exact to exact aspects(0 to 5 minutes of
arc) and/or aspect patterns.

11th harmonic in regards to neurodivergence.

David Cochrane(creator of Kepler Astrology Program) says that any
aspect that has 11 in the denominator is very unstable, erratic,
impatient, and rebellious which fit with neurodivergence quite a bit
because they are not naturally conforming to arbitrary rules of
society in regards to their physical being and thinking. Some other
astrologers say that the 11th harmonic is associated with social
consciousness and the ability to reach beyond oneself for help which I
also believe is common with many neurodivergents who are strongly
aware and tolerant of differences because of their own differences
which lead them to raise awareness about differences in people. From
the looks of it,it seems that these aspects have an Aquarius/Uranian
flavor.

even the harmonic-oriented astrologer, Adze wrote:

An Undecile occurs when two planets are plus or minus thirty-two
degrees, forty-three minutes and seven seconds apart (approximately
thirty-three degrees). An undecile is one-eleventh of a circle.
Undeciles indicate psychic gifts. Where undeciles are found,
modifications are required. Undeciles relate to the power of
computers, science and technology. Undeciles resonate with Uranus,
Fixed, Air and Aquarius energy. Mahttp://www.adze.com/Classroom/aspects.html

Many neurodivergents are attracted to computers,science,and techology
and make a living in those fields. Some believe that high functioning
autistics,Aspergers are great in those areas. Some think that a lot of
computer geeks might even have an autistic spectrum disorder.

Neurodivergents have significant strengths and not just significant
weaknesses.

Here are some examples.

Positive aspects of Aspergers:

* Intense concentration on studying
* Independence
* An affinity with computers and other technology
* Good formal essay writing
* Attention to detail and precision
* Original ideas
* Reliable meeting of deadlines.
http://brainhe.com/students/types/aspergersstudents.html#strengths

Positive aspects of Dyspraxia

* Creativity
* Determination
* Motivation
* Strategic thinking
* Problem-solving
http://brainhe.com/students/types/dyspraxia.html

Positive aspects of Dyslexia

* Creativity
* 3 dimensional thinking
* Seeing the 'whole picture'
* Pictorial thinking
* Divergent thinking
* Problem solving
* Making unexpected connections
http://brainhe.com/students/types/dyslexia.html

Positive aspects of ADHD
(BTW......instead of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity
Disorder.........I think it should be called Attention Divergent
Hyperactivity Difference.........that's my neurodivergent perspective
of it)

* Ability to see the ‘big picture’
* Being creative and inventive
* Ability to focus intensely for a time
* High levels of energy
* Risk-taking can lead to discoveries
* Being intuitive
http://brainhe.com/students/types/ADHDstaff.html

In Medical Astrology, Mercury is said to be associated with the
nervous system and Moon is said to be associated with the brain itself
according to Cosmobiologists,Uranian Astrologers. I also want to point
out there are other views of what planet/point is associated with the
brain. I believe that the Moon makes a lot of sense because Moon is
associated with bodily fluids. We do have fluids in our brain called
cerebrospinal fluid. Drinking water is very important for brain
functioning. Dehydration can lead to problems with dizziness.

Other things that I will consider is the travel rate of both Moon and
Mercury. Both are involved in processing information. The average
travel rate of the Moon is 13 degrees,10 minutes. If the Moon's
travel rate is slow,it could indicate slowness in processing
information which has nothing to do with intelligence level. If the
Moon's travel rate is fast, it could indicate quick emotional
reactions to things. The person with a fast moon might even be seen as
being too emotionally reactive which is typical of neurodivergents
with sensory integration issues

The average travel rate of Mercury is 59 minutes,14 seconds. If the
Mercury's travel rate is slow, it could indicate slowness in
processing information which has nothing to do with intelligence
level. If the Mercury's travel rate is fast,it could indicate quick
mental reactions to things. It can even be a hyperactive nervous
system which is typical of neurodivergents with hyperactivity.

Those are some things that I would check out when looking at charts of
neurodivergents. I don't want to focus on just their weaknesses.
Their strengths should also be looked at imho. My view is that they
are not disordered but different.
Different doesn't necessarily mean deficient. We all have our
differences in one way or another? Does that mean that we are
deficient? People who think "my way is the right way" might believe
in that. Many people that believe in diversity don't. Norms are
based on what the majority of society believes is right and
acceptable. Norms are relative. What's normal in one society is
abnormal in another society. As astrologers, practicing Astrology is
normal to us, but it's abnormal to many others that don't believe in
Astrology. As astrologers, we are convergent in regards to our views
and practices. To the outside observer, we are divergent.
That's how I view neurodivergence and the concept of neurodiversity.

Raymond Andrews