autism

jo...@indirect.com

Aug 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/18/96

I am trying to understand the subject of autism. As a student of
astrolgy, I would like to pose the following question to the world of
astrologers.

Is there a pattern of planet signs or aspects that may be seen in a natal
chart which might suggest that a child/adult may be autistic?....If you
have any information on the combination of these two subjects, please
write to me. I thank you in advance...

--
joni

Edmond Wollmann

Aug 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/18/96
to jo...@indirect.com

Autism is an extremely focused state. It is exclusionary in nature. More
boys than girls suffer from this disorder. It is my belief because of the
masculine approach is more egocentric and exclusionary. There will be
strong Saturnian, Mercurial and Martian implications. Many times there is
a mixture of mental retardation and it may be very difficult to
distinguish disorders in such a person. Autisitics do worse on tests
involving abstract thought, symbolism, or sequential logic all of which
can be related to some degree to language (Mercury). But they have higher
skills in spatial relations (Saturn). There is a societal withdrawal (Air
reference, which relates to the abstract reasoning deficit) actually most
never JOIN the societal structure. This is evidenced by early attachment
to the mother being absent. There are many types of autism and I think
you may have to specify more clearly if for example there is echolalia
(repeating of sentences etc.) or pronoun reversal, ritualistic acts, etc.
But the most pronounced feature is always rigidity and fear (Saturn) they
can be exceedingly organized and materialistic in orientation. They are
masters of focus and limitation, and extreme fear of loss of control
(Earth sign quality). Please specify if you would like further
discussion or if you have other general questions I will try to answer
them. I hope this is helpful although it is general. The patterns that
reflect the ideas I have outlined can be very diverse. If you have data
of some autistics that would be very helpful. Time/date/place of birth.
Ed
--
Edmond H. Wollmann P.M.A.F.A.
© 1996 Astrological Consulting/Altair Publications

Kira Ivory

Aug 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/21/96

jo...@indirect.com wrote:

>I am trying to understand the subject of autism. As a student of
>astrolgy, I would like to pose the following question to the world of
>astrologers.
>
>Is there a pattern of planet signs or aspects that may be seen in a natal
>chart which might suggest that a child/adult may be autistic?....If you
>have any information on the combination of these two subjects, please
>write to me. I thank you in advance...
>
>--
>joni

After reading Ed's comments on autism, I am impressed with his way of
explaining and understanding this condition from an astrological
standpoint.

I did do a chart of an autistic teenage boy, requested by his mother,
about 10 years ago. I remember the ascendant was Aquarius, and almost
every planet was in the 7th house in Virgo. I presented it at a few of
my classes on medical astrology, so I have it in one of my folders for
overhead projectors. I'll look for it if you want more details. It
definitely was unusual and absolutely fits the ideas outlined by Edward.

--
Kira Ivory
ki...@sonic.net