Pluto in first house

michael

Mar 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/23/96
I have Pluto in first house conj. with ASC., Uranus, and Mars, can
somebody help me to explain it to me. The first house are in Virgo.
Looking forward....

Nick Hunter

Mar 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/24/96
In article <4j1fi1$c...@mn5.swip.net> michael,
micha...@mailbox.swipnet.se writes:

>I have Pluto in first house conj. with ASC., Uranus, and Mars...

How about a wierd, energetic, loner michael?

I have pluto in Leo conjunct ASC conjunct jupiter but square mars in
taurus on MC.
Burning bridges in life, dislike of authority figures, upsetting my boss
is typical of the mars square.

To say more about your chart would require more detail - ie what houses
the three planets rule, what sun etc.

Pluto on Asc is a loner - because extremely into oneself. Believe in
yourself!

Best wishes

tamu.edu

Apr 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/2/96
michael (micha...@mailbox.swipnet.se) wrote:
: I have Pluto in first house conj. with ASC., Uranus, and Mars, can
: somebody help me to explain it to me. The first house are in Virgo.

I also have Pluto in Virgo in the 1st, although it is about 10 deg. past the
ASC. Uranus is there also, but I have mainly read about Pluto. So I'm going
to share what I remember from Isabel Hickey's _Astrology: a cosmic science_,
in case anyone else would be interested....Pluto in the 1st, esp. in Virgo,
can give feelings of great inferiority and a sense of being unsure of who
you are. It can affect the personality in the following way: a person who is
gentle and meek with a volcanic temper (at times, when "cornered") that
shakes and surprises people. Pluto is involved with destruction and regener-
ation, and it destroys and regenerates the personality with a 1st house
placement. At least, this is how I remember Hickey's words. I myself can
be terribly meek but then absolutely horrid when angered. I am trying to
work with this, and Hickey's descriptions of Pluto/1st have helped me begin
to approach them.

I really don't know much, but I would be interested in reading about your
experience with Pluto, Uranus and Mars on your Virgo ASC. Best of luck.

Yours, Carol M.

Blanche Lewis

Apr 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/3/96
As someone with a natal chart showing Pluto in conjunction with my sun
(Sun - Virgo 4.2, Pluto - Virgo 4.0), in the first house, and conjunct
my ascendant (Virgo - 9.0) I can relate. And these conjunctions are just
part of an incredible stellium! You can imagine the roller coaster that my
life is.

In a typical Plutonian pattern, my childhood was a process of destruction
and re-creation, and my adult life is already turning out to be this way
too. Like the cat, I have many lives, ending one and beginning another
every so many years. The difficult part is that Pluto likes to play
hardball, and many times I just want to leave the pain behind and enter a
charming, quiet little life. I wish I could understand the ultimate plan
here, if there is one. It would make it easier, perhaps, to get through the
hard times.

One thing is certain, this placing makes it easier to understand and enjoy
my Scorpio boyfriend. :)

Right now I seem to be at another precarious stage. Anything could
happen, and probably will. Any help, or insightful comments would
be VERY appreciated. Thanks. (Born Calgary, ALberta / August 28, 1959 /
0715 DLS, Mountain Time)

And to Michael and Carol, I say, Good Luck! We need it.

tamu.edu

Apr 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/4/96
Blanche Lewis (al...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA) wrote:
:
: And to Michael and Carol, I say, Good Luck! We need it.
:
Good luck to you, Blanche....it sounds like you have a good awareness of your
situation. You are definitely more under Pluto's influence than I, I can
see. Do you ever feel the "inferiority" described by Isabel Hickey, or
the fluctuation in identity? I do, and I've been curious about other
people's experience. If you have your Sun and ASC there, perhaps they
help you avoid those feelings?

Yours, Carol M.

Phoenix Invictus

Apr 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/5/96

There have been 4 nuns in my father's family: Each one has Pluto
rising. But my father has it, too, as did his eldest sister. And my
older daughter as well. I see it as a desire to change the world,
although the manner of doing so, the motives and success rate vary with
the native.

Phoenix

Blanche Lewis

Apr 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/6/96

Dear Carol,

Thanks for your words of support.

I should correct my statement in the earlier post that my sun and pluto are
in conjunction with my ascendent in the 1st house. This is not quite true.
They *are* in conjunction (and with Venus in close conjunction with the
ascendent in the first house), BUT pluto and my sun are actually in the
*12th* house, and in Virgo... For this reason I could be even more
reclusive and cut off from others than I already am as a Virgo, but
fortunately I have learned pretty well how to deal with this part of my
character.

I had to struggle with terrible feelings of inferiority in my adolescence,
but that is not an uncommon experience. I would say that I sometimes
begin to feel inferior, almost in a paranoid fashion, if I sense that I am
being snubbed or being treated unfairly by others. But this is really not a
problem. Because I learned long ago that negative messages are usually
either justified or unjustified, I tend to go into a familiar Virgoan
analysis of the situation and either change myself to accomodate the
situation, or get annoyed and decide that these people are unworthy of my
company.

One thing is for sure. As a Virgo I get along quite well with myself. My
independence shields me from too much dependency on the approval of others.
I can be a loner and an outsider, and although I do not usually feel shy or
isolated, and I have quite a number of friends, at times I feel alone
anyway. But there is strength in my solitude, and it is positive, not
bitter or dark. Perhaps that is Pluto's influence on my sun and ascendent.
I would say that my identity is pretty secure right now, despite the ups
and downs of my life and the effect of the twelfth house placings. I feel
a calm in the storm within myself, so to speak. I have always sought to
understand myself and to be at peace with myself, to accept myself. Unlike
many Virgos I do not demand perfection, just the best that can be done
under the circumstances; I do not blame myself unless I feel that I
have truly failed. I don't know if aspects of my chart have progressed into
Libra ;), but I am much more focussed on being balanced, and healing and
correcting problems, with consideration of all the factors involved, than I
am focussed on self-criticism and promoting negative feelings of
inferiority. I try to keep my standards reasonable, for myself and
others. I try to use the hardships and experiences that cause me to start
over again, at the bottom, as a platform for greater understanding towards
people around me, and for myself.

One other thing I should also mention is that I have two planets in Leo
(Mercury and Uranus are also in conjunction in the 12th house), and the
influence of these planets serves to balance my chart rather nicely --
i.e. I am not lacking in confidence in my abilities (or my appearance). I
feel good about myself. Perhaps a Gemini moon is helpful here too.

But I suppose that the five remaining planets in a stellium in Virgo are
still really the paramount factor in my chart (Pluto and the sun in strong
conjunction in the 12th, with a weaker conjunction between these planets and
Venus). Venus in my first house is in conjunction with my ascendant, an
advantage in this situation, and Mars is sitting off by himself, also in
Virgo in the first house. (Mars has helped me in the last 15 years or so of
my life, as I have learned more and more that there is a place for a
warrior in all of us!)

Perhaps Pluto is the planet that exerts the strongest influence.
It is the only planet which is almost smack on top of my sun. The placing
of Neptune (2nd house) and Jupiter (third house) in Scorpio only seem to
reinforce the influence of Pluto in these houses.

Anyway, that's enough on me!

I am still interested in knowing more about other people's experiences
where Pluto has been a powerful influence -- especially now that we Virgoans
are entering a period of a Pluto square Virgo. It would be good to know
what hard lessons others have learned, and the phoenixs that emerge from
these difficult times.

Blanche

Blanche Lewis

Apr 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/6/96

First of all, I like your name. I don't know if you have Pluto in a
prominent place in your chart, but if you do, your name is very apropos.

I would agree that anyone who has Pluto in conjunction, as some of
us do, or as your family members do, is probably well acquainted with
the word "change". Also, unlike many people, we are not afraid of a little
hardship and a little poverty. We see much more important goals to reach
and battles to be fought than the one to keep up with a toasty lifestyle.
Given the choice between a nice life and a meaningful life, we would
usually rather go for the meaningful life. Besides, do we have a choice?
Even when we try to just have a nice, normal life, Pluto comes in and
grabs us by the ears and throws us upside down, shouting "There! Learn
from this and then I'll reconstruct your life again!" Perhaps these
ongoing traumas are enough to send us to a convent for a little
stability :)

We really don't like superficiality. We seek to make a difference and we
aim deep, below the surface. We aren't in love with pain for pain's sake,
but somehow it is a common experience for us, and we see it as a necessary
factor in the work that must be done.

Blanche

Edmond H. Wollmann

Apr 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/6/96
Blanche Lewis wrote:

> Perhaps Pluto is the planet that exerts the strongest influence.
> It is the only planet which is almost smack on top of my sun. The placing
> of Neptune (2nd house) and Jupiter (third house) in Scorpio only seem to
> reinforce the influence of Pluto in these houses.
>
> Anyway, that's enough on me!
>
> I am still interested in knowing more about other people's experiences
> where Pluto has been a powerful influence -- especially now that we Virgoans
> are entering a period of a Pluto square Virgo. It would be good to know
> what hard lessons others have learned, and the phoenixs that emerge from
> these difficult times.
>

> Blanche I have Pluto in the first house in Leo stationary direct. It would
behoove you, I believe, to redefine (a Pluto function) your linguistics
and orient them more empoweringly. There are no "influences" from any of
the planets. You create your experiencial reality utterly as the product
of your beliefs. The planets positions at your birth are you, they are
not outside of you, and reflect the idea you are and the vibration you
are. I currently have an article in Dell horoscope April issue "Mars and
The Psychology of self-empowerment", maybe it can help in this
reorientation. Astrology is just another tool that allows us to look at
ourselves from another aspect of ourselves (the planets). It is more
accurate to say that we are influencing them. Pluto reflects the
perspective needed to transcend the limited focus of physicality and
explore the inner reaches of outer space, the further out we go, the
deeper into aspects of ourselves we go in our quest to re-merge with "All
That Is" (God).
Sincerely Edmond H. Wollmann

SherryeLin

Apr 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/8/96
In article <4k61j7$k...@freenet-news.carleton.ca>,
al...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Blanche Lewis) writes:

>Given the choice between a nice life and a meaningful life, we would
>usually rather go for the meaningful life. Besides, do we have a choice?

>Even when we try to just have a nice, normal life, Pluto comes in and
>grabs us by the ears and throws us upside down, shouting "There! Learn
>from this and then I'll reconstruct your life again!"

Or, don't learn from this, and you will die. Sounds extreme, but
Plutonians constantly deal with that struggle. Many of them are naturally
alienated. They may be on a path that others do not realte to at all...
Feeling alienated, etc. They try to push all those feelings aside, and
settle down with someone in order to lead a "normal" life.

So what happens? The Plutonian influence shows up in the partner they
have settled down with, or elsewhere...The partner or another area of
their life begins to alienate them and isolate them in a totally DIFFERENT
way. Suddenly they're in worse shape than they were when they were
following their own individual path, alone. And they're on a hamster
wheel that spirals them downward... THey must take a leap of Faith, or go
under...

> Perhaps these
>ongoing traumas are enough to send us to a convent for a little
>stability :)

It often seems like the easy way out! Some Plutonians unconsciously put
themselves in that position -- or in prison!

>We really don't like superficiality. We seek to make a difference and we
>aim deep, below the surface. We aren't in love with pain for pain's
sake,
>but somehow it is a common experience for us, and we see it as a
necessary
>factor in the work that must be done.

Because pain is so common in the lives of Plutonians, they don't really
know when enough is enough -- when to get help, when to stop pretending
that they can handle anything that comes their way... And they often
augment the pain with self-hatred that becomes quite self-destructive. At
that point, they can't see the glory and power that was once so easily
within their reach -- and probably still is... They refuse to believe
there is any solution other than self-destruction.

Yet , time and time again, most of them rise out of it somehow... It's
"do or die".

SherryeLin

Phoenix Invictus

Apr 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/9/96

On Sat, 6 Apr 1996, Edmond H. Wollmann wrote:

> There are no "influences" from any of
> the planets. You create your experiencial reality utterly as the product
> of your beliefs. The planets positions at your birth are you, they are
> not outside of you, and reflect the idea you are and the vibration you
> are.

If the "planets' positions at your birth are you," did *I* put them there
as a reflection of me? or did their positions represent me? Your
statements confuse: Did they or did they not influence me? I also
believe that reality depends on Who I Am, but we can't ever ignore the
coincidal nature of As Above So Below, As Below So Above. I have quite a
few Plutonian influences in my chart. And while I went through
monumental changes under a Pluto transit, I would be the first to realize
that *Pluto* didn't do the upheaving, it was I. They were My Decisions
and My Actions. And they came about through similarly radical changes in
my mind-set. Pluto didn't *do* these things, it didn't give me a
not-too-subtle push and say, "Throw your life into chaos because I want
you to," it just happened to be in a position in the sky that reflected
my actions, while my actions reflected its position.

> It is more
> accurate to say that we are influencing them.

The planets have cycles, we have cycles. If we break our thought
patterns and emerge into a more conscious and pro-active population, will
the planets also suddenly veer onto new courses?

> Pluto reflects the
> perspective needed to transcend the limited focus of physicality and
> explore the inner reaches of outer space, the further out we go, the

> deeper into aspects of ourselves ....

And thus break old habits and send the planets on their merry ways!
Then, as each child is born, the soul will reach out and rearrange their
positions to its liking. ;)

No, I don't believe the planets are the causes of action, either. I also
believe that our actions, and the things that happen to us, are firmly
within our own grasp. But it has always been fascinating to me to see
our lives reflected in horoscopes, and in tarot and graphology and a host
of other ways. These are all tools, tools to understanding ourselves and
others.

Phoenix

awoodwrd

Apr 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/10/96
SherryeLin, do not be so negative. Pluto gives us a good opportunity
to know ourselves thoroughly. It also gives the opportunity to build a
new life.

Antoine

SherryeLin

Apr 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/10/96
In article <316C05...@ultranet.com>, awoodwrd <awoo...@ultranet.com>
writes:

>SherryeLin, do not be so negative. Pluto gives us a good opportunity
>to know ourselves thoroughly. It also gives the opportunity to build a
>new life.

Oh, yeah? I'll "build" YOU a new life! (hee hee)

Sherryelin

kim barton

Apr 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/10/96
In article <4k61j7$k...@freenet-news.carleton.ca>, Blanche Lewis
<al...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA> writes

>Phoenix Invictus (pga...@thunder.ocis.temple.edu) writes:
>> There have been 4 nuns in my father's family: Each one has Pluto
>> rising. But my father has it, too, as did his eldest sister. And my
>> older daughter as well. I see it as a desire to change the world,
>> although the manner of doing so, the motives and success rate vary with
>> the native.
>>
>> Phoenix
>
>First of all, I like your name. I don't know if you have Pluto in a
>prominent place in your chart, but if you do, your name is very apropos.
>
>I would agree that anyone who has Pluto in conjunction, as some of
>us do, or as your family members do, is probably well acquainted with
>the word "change". Also, unlike many people, we are not afraid of a little
>hardship and a little poverty. We see much more important goals to reach
>and battles to be fought than the one to keep up with a toasty lifestyle.
>Given the choice between a nice life and a meaningful life, we would
>usually rather go for the meaningful life. Besides, do we have a choice?
>Even when we try to just have a nice, normal life, Pluto comes in and
>grabs us by the ears and throws us upside down, shouting "There! Learn
>from this and then I'll reconstruct your life again!" Perhaps these

>ongoing traumas are enough to send us to a convent for a little
>stability :)
>
>We really don't like superficiality. We seek to make a difference and we
>aim deep, below the surface. We aren't in love with pain for pain's sake,
>but somehow it is a common experience for us, and we see it as a necessary
>factor in the work that must be done.
>
>Blanche

At school I am doing a project on astrology as it is for my NRA(national
record of achivment) I do not want it to be to complex basically what i
am asking is that does anybody have any basic info on astrology
many thanx
calire
--Kim Barton

Chris

Apr 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/11/96
sherr...@aol.com (SherryeLin) wrote:

>>Even when we try to just have a nice, normal life, Pluto comes in and
>>grabs us by the ears and throws us upside down, shouting "There! Learn
>>from this and then I'll reconstruct your life again!"
>

>Or, don't learn from this, and you will die. Sounds extreme, but
>Plutonians constantly deal with that struggle. Many of them are naturally
>alienated. They may be on a path that others do not realte to at all...
>Feeling alienated, etc. They try to push all those feelings aside, and
>settle down with someone in order to lead a "normal" life.

This sounds a little too close to home. Constantly dealing with that
struggle? Yep. Worried about missing a step in life and starving to
death, freezing to death, etc. I must comment further... and yes, I felt
the need to quote the original article!

>So what happens? The Plutonian influence shows up in the partner they
>have settled down with, or elsewhere...The partner or another area of
>their life begins to alienate them and isolate them

This is the case every time I get in a relationship. Why be afraid of
saying this on the internet. The truth is what Plutonians seek, no
matter how damn much it hurts when they find it. Back to
relationships-- Scorpios are drawn to me, since they like my intensity.
But they don't _really_ like my intensity when it comes down to it.
They go away really quickly. And no, I don't have halitosis.

>It often seems like the easy way out! Some Plutonians unconsciously put
>themselves in that position -- or in prison!
>

>>We really don't like superficiality. We seek to make a difference and we
>>aim deep, below the surface. We aren't in love with pain for pain's
>sake,
>>but somehow it is a common experience for us, and we see it as a
>necessary
>>factor in the work that must be done.

Again, a little too familiar. Such a pity that [certain] people say
astrology has no truth to it... read on...

>Because pain is so common in the lives of Plutonians, they don't really
>know when enough is enough -- when to get help, when to stop pretending
>that they can handle anything that comes their way... And they often
>augment the pain with self-hatred that becomes quite self-destructive. At
>that point, they can't see the glory and power that was once so easily
>within their reach -- and probably still is...

>SherryeLin

I couldn't have said it better myself (which is probably true, with
Mercury square Asc)-- Pluto wreaks hell in a chart. I have Pluto square
ascendant, Pluto oppose Moon, Pluto oppose Mercury, Pluto casting its
pall down upon me from the Midheaven. And now I have transiting Pluto
conjunct my natal Saturn and opposing my natal Neptune. I hate Pluto.
Why the hell did they have to discover this miserable ball of rock and
ice?

People must think I am some kind of blonde-haired / blue eyed prince of
darkness, I guess. I don't like this feeling. They ask me why I am so
intense about everything all the time. But it feels so natural for me to
be this way. Can someone relate to this, or shall I go back to my alien
world for Pluto-afflicted Aries? (birthday Apr 12 '72, probably won't see
many more Apr. 12's if we have WWIII soon). Pluto adds a hellish quality
to even the bluest of skies.

--Chris

Chris

Apr 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/11/96

Blanche Lewis

Apr 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/11/96

SherryeLin (sherr...@aol.com) writes:
> In article <316C05...@ultranet.com>, awoodwrd <awoo...@ultranet.com>
> writes:
>
>>SherryeLin, do not be so negative. Pluto gives us a good opportunity
>>to know ourselves thoroughly. It also gives the opportunity to build a
>>new life.

I'm afraid that I must agree. Those of us with strong Plutonian aspects
may have conflicts and problems, but we don't all end up in jail or in
destructive relationships -- although I'm sure it happens.

When we wrestle with our lives, and learn our lessons, we can put the
power of Pluto to good work. As I remember, the crown attorney in the OJ
Simpson trial was a Virgo with a strong Plutonian influence. She would be
clearly an example of someone who is putting Pluto to work for her, and
for a higher cause.

But all of this being said, there were many true, home-hitting things that
you said too, SherryeLin. Thanks for saying them.

Blanche

Chris

Apr 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/11/96
What'd I tell you about Mercury square Ascendant?? I can't communicate
sometimes... first, my article posted twice. Second, I got it backwards
in one of my statements; so here it is corrected...

I have transiting Pluto conjunct my natal _Neptune_ and opposing my natal
_Saturn_ and Mars and Venus. That may make more sense, but either way it
is still not cool. Not cool-- no, it is colder than frozen helium.

Sorry about the apparent ignorance of net use. It seems that whenever I
try to get a message across, something goes wrong with it. Oh, the
seething discontent....

Watch, it'll post twice again. I should just stay the hell out of the
sun and go back to bed.

Susan Santomieri

Apr 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/13/96
<pga...@thunder.ocis.temple.edu> wrote:
>There have been 4 nuns in my father's family: Each one has Pluto
>rising. But my father has it, too, as did his eldest sister. And my
>older daughter as well. I see it as a desire to change the world,
>although the manner of doing so, the motives and success rate vary with
>the native.

People with Pluto rising are dealing with some potent emotional
energy. A nun may be channeling it into social work, where religious
fervor replaces sexual expression. Or perhaps she’s exercising
complete self-control over those Plutonic instincts, resulting in
frustrated desire and repression. In this case, there would probably
be strong Saturn/Capricorn placements.

I’ve never analyzed a nun’s chart but a friend of mine, who went
through a fanatical religious phase as a teenager, spent some time in
a convent when she was eighteen. She’s a Pisces, with Pluto conjunct
her descendant and Neptune in the 8th (sex as a spiritual
act...surrendering ego and dissolving boundaries). She eventually
married, had a child, divorced, and is now happily involved with a
Scorpio woman.

People with Pluto strongly aspecting their ascendant seem to take
everything to the limit, whether it’s expressing -- or repressing --
power. They are extremists.

--Susan
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Susan Santomieri susa...@ix.netcom.com
P.O.Box 112
Avila Beach Ca 93424 susa...@aol.com
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Thomas Seers

Apr 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/14/96
> PhoenixPlanets hold steady orbits, a swamp consumes many things. Leaving a choice to
follow the orbits as a more stable direction, rather then to wallow in the swamp
of mixed idea's. Don't you think?

Carita Nitz

Apr 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/15/96
I have it, in 8 degrees from my asc in virgo, and that's not end of the
world. to me it gives even more sharp intensity (than virgo itself!) to
all areas of life. With conjuction of aquarian planet uranus it makes me
greed for the -truth- whatever it is and whereever it is. Also it deeply
transforms my psyche, but why to worry, life is not a static state, it,s
a moving platform...

Worst things of pluto if you cannot handle/regocnize it IN you is greed
for POWER. Just look around in a world of politics or business, there it
rules.

Also it is said that Pluto can give abitilities of healing, but like
Chiron the only way is to get is personal experience.

But afterall, ain't it lovely to know that you're chancing? Wouldn't it
be depressing to realize that you are STILL that same one that you were
ten years ago?!

Try to recognize and accept it, and then use it, we have too many morron
on this planet who lets Plutonic 'sublust' rule their life. And ruin
others lives...

Uranus in Aquarius, Saturn in Aries, hey, it's gonna be wonderful
summer!

Einstein

Layo Lehmann

Apr 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/15/96
Edmond H. Wollmann (woll...@mail.sdsu.edu) wrote:
: Blanche Lewis wrote:
:
: > Perhaps Pluto is the planet that exerts the strongest influence.

: > It is the only planet which is almost smack on top of my sun. The placing
: > of Neptune (2nd house) and Jupiter (third house) in Scorpio only seem to
: > reinforce the influence of Pluto in these houses.
: >
: > Blanche I have Pluto in the first house in Leo stationary direct. It would
: behoove you, I believe, to redefine (a Pluto function) your linguistics
: and orient them more empoweringly. There are no "influences" from any of
: the planets. You create your experiencial reality utterly as the product
: of your beliefs.

All right, kids, let's not do the Pluto in Virgo vs. Pluto in Leo
my-reality-is-more-fundamental-and-empowering-than-your-reality
tug o' war over this thing. There are multiple perspectives on the
relationship of the self to the environment, and they *all* have their
validity and usefulness. Do I create my biochemistry with my thoughts, or
does my biochemistry create my thoughts, indeed the consciousness that
gives these thoughts a space to occur? There is no one true answer to
questions like that; environmental conditions entwine with the evolving
self in complex interrelated patterns that defy objective determinism
and philosophical self-empowerment both. 'Kay? Are we cool?

Now. Pluto in Leo may have as its purpose a desire to see physical
reality as an emanation of the individual will. A magical world-view,
it's valid and it works. However, Pluto in Virgo has as its task the
necessity of looking at the *physical* mechanism as fundamental. This
does not "disempower" anybody, it allows Virgo to do its job of refining
Leo's raw creative energy into logical, tangible, interlocking forms
that *last* and that can be fixed and modified according to established
rules. Leo finds this stifling. Too bad. You have your own Pluto to
play with; don't tell other people how to use theirs.

: The planets positions at your birth are you, they are

: not outside of you, and reflect the idea you are and the vibration you

: are. I currently have an article in Dell horoscope April issue "Mars and

: The Psychology of self-empowerment", maybe it can help in this
: reorientation. Astrology is just another tool that allows us to look at

: ourselves from another aspect of ourselves (the planets). It is more
: accurate to say that we are influencing them. Pluto reflects the

: perspective needed to transcend the limited focus of physicality and
: explore the inner reaches of outer space, the further out we go, the

: deeper into aspects of ourselves we go in our quest to re-merge with "All
: That Is" (God).

The focus of physicality is not necessarily limited at all. Every level
has the other levels represented in itself, as you know. There's no wrong
approach; God is humming inside of anything you look at, and every sign
has its own perspective on this. Gemini sees God in math a lot of the
time, Aquarius sees God in the stars, Leo sees God in itself, Virgo sees
God in the details of naturally occuring physical phenomena, Libra sees
God in the interplay of yin and yang; so? Further, not all of us are on
a "quest to re-merge with all that is". Some of us are here to clarify
differentiations, actually, building the ladders that others will climb.
I myself see it from a Sag perspective; I'm a reality gourmet,
appreciating all the cool things the universe has come up with in its
endless recombination of forces. My quest is to exalt my perspective so
that I can appreciate even more of it. If the emphasis shifts to Pisces,
that's when I'll go splashing into the Absolute; until then, I'm here to
applaud the performance.

Layo
Jupiter in Sag conj. Neptune, square Sun

Nancy

Apr 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/16/96
Chris <son...@fireball.blast.net> writes:

>What'd I tell you about Mercury square Ascendant?? I can't communicate
>sometimes... first, my article posted twice. Second, I got it backwards
>in one of my statements; so here it is corrected...

Ha ha, Chris, dont feel alone..ditto, the mercury sq ASC. Being a Gemini,
this has been a really tough one! Add to it that merc is in Cancer:) Oh
goodie:) No, I am not mute...lol. I have good ol pluto in my 10th, opposing
my moon as well. Lots of fun...he he. So lets just say when I am in a
negative mood, I run around dictating not very clearly, and remain frustrated
that no one seems to notice. My Libra ASC requires calmness, balance and
a loving disposition. Ive had to learn to settle for knowing my own truth,
living it, and letting the world be. Some who have gotten to know the 'real
me value my knowledge, my instincts, and my love:) Just goes to show, its
doable:)
As an intersting aside, pluto presently transits my 2nd house. In the last
year, I have sold just about everything I own, and will retire soon to
start another profession...and a new life. It feels good, very freeing!

Nancy

Sam Bonderoff

Apr 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/16/96
Pluto in the 1st House, especially closely conjunct the Ascendant, is an
isolating position, I think. Those who have it feel that no matter how
close they try to get to others, there is still this chasm, this gulf
between their self and others, between subject and object.

It's also a bit like viewing everything through a particularly shadowy lense.

However, I think it beats Pluto conjunct the Descendant, some of the most
famous conversation-enders I've ever known, all of whom seem to unaware
that they isolate themselves; rather, they projection the cause of the
isolation onto others.

And in all fairness, all the Pluto Rising people I've known were
exceptionally good looking--not necessarily well-built, though some were
quite tough-looking...but nevertheless some damn attractive people.

--
SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG
SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG

Sam Bonderoff

Apr 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/16/96
In article <4kub2b$b...@news4.digex.net>, sham...@access4.digex.net (Layo
Lehmann) wrote:

> All right, kids, let's not do the Pluto in Virgo vs. Pluto in Leo
> my-reality-is-more-fundamental-and-empowering-than-your-reality
> tug o' war over this thing.
>

> Now. Pluto in Leo may have as its purpose a desire to see physical
> reality as an emanation of the individual will. A magical world-view,
> it's valid and it works. However, Pluto in Virgo has as its task the
> necessity of looking at the *physical* mechanism as fundamental. This
> does not "disempower" anybody, it allows Virgo to do its job of refining
> Leo's raw creative energy into logical, tangible, interlocking forms
> that *last* and that can be fixed and modified according to established
> rules. Leo finds this stifling. Too bad. You have your own Pluto to
> play with; don't tell other people how to use theirs.

And of course there's Pluto in Libra, which is, you know, a, uh, really
intense date or something.

(I kid, of course...that's the thing about us, the Pluto-in-Libra
generation...we are a wickedly intense bunch of aesthetes...)

song...@netcom.com

Apr 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/19/96
Phoenix Invictus (pga...@thunder.ocis.temple.edu) wrote:

songbird replies:

: There have been 4 nuns in my father's family: Each one has Pluto

: rising. But my father has it, too, as did his eldest sister. And my
: older daughter as well. I see it as a desire to change the world,
: although the manner of doing so, the motives and success rate vary with
: the native.

I have Pluto 37 seconds 12th in Leo conj asc opposed moon merc. conj in
aquarius. All planets are RX from Jupiter on down. I myself longed for
a monastic life, however I had kids. Later I decided to work with that
Pluto and bring insights into the world through inspired poetry (neptune
in libra 3rd house).

Pluto also, to me, indicates even on a personal ego level in the 1st, a
strong desire for transcendence. Monastic life is one way to do it.

songbird

Rmoreau777

Apr 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/26/96

I have pluto conjunct my asc. in leo and how I have experienced it is most
people tell me I am very intense and if I get mad no one rarely confronts
me back. People start apologizing immediately if they see me start to
blow up. I have heard over and over from office managers to bosses how
intense I come across, how they wonder what I'm "really" thinking, that I
seem to have anger boiling just below the surface. That I am "definitely
not a subtle person." And I know what to do in a crisis. Total
strangers walk up to me and tell me to "smile, it can't be that bad!"
Actually, I am quite shiy - I have sun/moon in leo in the 12th, so I am
always taken aback by these comments when I don't feel particularly
aggressive or intense. I have had to go through some life and death
experiences like scorpios go through, so I can relate to Scorpio/pluto
people quite easily. Nothing shocks me - I've heard it all. Even
though I have no planets in scorpio, I seem to be only able to relate to
deep people - no sweet, namby pambies for me.

On someone else's post he writes that he finds most people with pluto
conjunct the asc. are quite attractive. I have been told all my adult
life I look like Elizabeth Taylor - men follow me on the street and on the
highway. They can and have acted downright WIERD around me. This is
off-putting to me and I retreat. I find most men suspect and wonder what
they really want, so it reinforces the pluto-loner aspect once again.
Even though it sets one apart, I don't think I would trade it - I like
being and experiencing life's deeper feelings, circumstances.

Mistral 11

May 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/7/96

I have Pluto in Virgo on the ascendant and know of what you speak. If I
get angry (and we all have the right to do that) others seem to
over-respond to it. I guess even our whispers sound like shouts. Know
what? I stopped apologizing for any protests (why let people walk all
over you?) and now no one seems to mind them.

I too have had a lot of death issues surrounding me, including many
personal "deaths." It's a great way to clean house, I guess.

Not a great placement regarding relationships with men. The intensity
scares them off. Even other Plutonian types. But that same intensity
seems to attract the opposite sex in the first place.

Good luck to all with this placement!

Mistral 1...@aol.com