the planets

1 view

Edmond Wollmann

May 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/30/97

PE...@webtv.net wrote:

> I'm sorry if this seems like a silly question. What exactly do books
> mean when they say a planet rules a sign? (Jupiter-Sag)

A sign actually "rules" the planet. But so as not to confuse, a planet
acts as a lens that focuses the energy of the sign (the constellations
or sections of space beyond our solar system). When the energy of the
sign closely resembles and matches the energy of the planet, the planet
is said to "rule" the sign.

Hence Saturn most closely resembles and accurately focuses the sign
Capricorn-Mars Aries, etc.

In the horoscope Aries will fall on some cusp of the house arrangement.
But if Mars were in Aquarius we would find it a few signs away from
where it is best or most closely focused. Therefore where Aries is, that
house is brought to the house where Mars is and where Mars is is brought
to the house where Aries is. This is because their close vibratory
nature links them to each other.
I hope this helps to clarify that idea.

> If each planet contributes something depending on what sign it is under
> at birth (venus-cap) then how can it rule a sign?

Well I told you above, so Venus in Capricorn would be tied to Saturn
(because it rules the sign Venus is in), and both houses where Taurus
and Libra are because Venus "rules" them. So it is in this blending and
synthesization that the true astrologer ties the archetypes together to
view the whole person or idea.
--
"It is wise to agree that all things are one." Heraclitus