Does anyone like doing solar returns?

1 view

Beep

May 21, 2004, 5:05:12 AM5/21/04
My sister's birthday is coming up, and I would love to share her SR
with her...if anyone felt like doing one.

Her data is May 25, 1965
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
10:55 pm

--
email address: beep at west dot net
Rheumatic Disease info: http://www.sblupus.org

Robert Misiak

May 21, 2004, 9:45:30 PM5/21/04
Hi Beep-

Does your sister still live in the Neon Desert? I am wondering so I can
cast the return chart for the correct city. Solar and lunar returns have
always been one of my favorite prognostication techniques since I started
working with astrology.

Best,
Robert

"Beep" <spa...@spamsux.net> wrote in message

Beep

May 22, 2004, 6:38:40 AM5/22/04
On Fri, 21 May 2004 19:45:30 CST, "Robert Misiak"
<rmi...@EARTH-cut.this.part.out-LINK.net> wrote:

>Hi Beep-
>
>Does your sister still live in the Neon Desert? I am wondering so I can
>cast the return chart for the correct city. Solar and lunar returns have
>always been one of my favorite prognostication techniques since I started
>working with astrology.

Neon Desert, lol :) Good one!

No, she lives now in Thousand Oaks, CA.

I really find solar and lunar returns interesting!

Maybe one of these days I'll learn how to do them ;)

Robert Misiak

May 22, 2004, 7:40:59 AM5/22/04

> Neon Desert, lol :) Good one!
>
> No, she lives now in Thousand Oaks, CA.
>
> I really find solar and lunar returns interesting!
>
> Maybe one of these days I'll learn how to do them ;)

You can do return charts yourself, Beep. Just use the knowledge you have
from other areas of astrology and apply that to the returns.

Robert

Dark Star

Jun 8, 2004, 7:28:03 PM6/8/04

Beep,

When you get doing solar returns...
If you want half an answer just do them for birthplace.
If you want the other half just do them for residence.
You see what I'm saying here?

Dark*Star
---------

Beep wrote:

> >Hi Beep-
> >
> >Does your sister still live in the Neon Desert?

Edmond Wollmann

Jun 10, 2004, 2:10:05 AM6/10/04
Beep <spa...@spamsux.net> wrote in message news:<nchra0p5b3fnl7i2u...@4ax.com>...

> My sister's birthday is coming up, and I would love to share her SR
> with her...if anyone felt like doing one.

> Her data is May 25, 1965
> Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
> 10:55 pm

If you have a decent astrology program they are done in seconds, but
we need the place.
The solar return has special considerations, mostly derived from
traditional methods. But the developmental aspects (squares,
oppositions, conjunctions) and angles will be most important as they
tell us what action is taking place.
If you can post the chart I will be glad to help interpret, but the
solar return will only manifest or show what is also happening in
other delineation techniques (secondary, Solar Arc, Transits) and must
be an extension of those understandings (what we have gleaned from the
intial delineations that tell us the direction of the person under
consideration).
We then can take the SR and break it up into Demi-returns--when the
Sun crosses the angles of her chart. These will echo the SR. Finally,
Lunar return can then be cast within the Demis and echo them, to
narrow the developmental progress down to months. Each of these
methods then CORRABORATE one another and can be progressed themselves
so that delineation can then be narrowed to days, which then by
placing the transits around critical periods, will answer precisely
what the issues are and what to expect.

"I do not see how astronomers can help feeling exquisitely
insignificant, for every new page of the Book of the Heavens they open
reveals to them more and more that the world we are so proud of is to
the universe of careening globes as is one mosquito to the winged and
hoofed flocks and herds that darken the air and populate the plains
and forests of all the earth. If you killed the mosquito would it be
missed? Verily, What is Man, that he should be considered of
God?"-Mark Twain, Letter to Olivia, 1/8/1870

Edmond H. Wollmann P.M.A.F.A.
© 2004 Altair Publications, SAN 299-5603
Astrological Consulting http://www.astroconsulting.com/
Artworks http://www.astroconsulting.com/personal/
AOL http://hometown.aol.com/ehwollmann/myhomepage/business.html

Beep

Jun 10, 2004, 9:25:08 AM6/10/04
On 10 Jun 2004 06:10:05 GMT, alcha...@yahoo.com (Edmond Wollmann)
wrote:

>Beep <spa...@spamsux.net> wrote in message news:<nchra0p5b3fnl7i2u...@4ax.com>...
>> My sister's birthday is coming up, and I would love to share her SR
>> with her...if anyone felt like doing one.
>
>> Her data is May 25, 1965
>> Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
>> 10:55 pm
>
>If you have a decent astrology program they are done in seconds, but
>we need the place.

I dream of being able to get Solar Fire someday :)

The place where she spent her return is Thousand Oaks, CA, USA.

>The solar return has special considerations, mostly derived from
>traditional methods. But the developmental aspects (squares,
>oppositions, conjunctions) and angles will be most important as they
>tell us what action is taking place.
>If you can post the chart

Anyone who can post it, feel free to do so...I will post it myself if
I can get a copy of it together.

>I will be glad to help interpret, but the
>solar return will only manifest or show what is also happening in
>other delineation techniques (secondary, Solar Arc, Transits) and must
>be an extension of those understandings (what we have gleaned from the
>intial delineations that tell us the direction of the person under
>consideration).

I need to learn more about Solar Arc...never use it!

>We then can take the SR and break it up into Demi-returns--when the
>Sun crosses the angles of her chart. These will echo the SR. Finally,
>Lunar return can then be cast within the Demis and echo them, to
>narrow the developmental progress down to months. Each of these
>methods then CORRABORATE one another and can be progressed themselves
>so that delineation can then be narrowed to days, which then by
>placing the transits around critical periods, will answer precisely
>what the issues are and what to expect.
>
>"I do not see how astronomers can help feeling exquisitely
>insignificant, for every new page of the Book of the Heavens they open
>reveals to them more and more that the world we are so proud of is to
>the universe of careening globes as is one mosquito to the winged and
>hoofed flocks and herds that darken the air and populate the plains
>and forests of all the earth. If you killed the mosquito would it be
>missed? Verily, What is Man, that he should be considered of
>God?"-Mark Twain, Letter to Olivia, 1/8/1870
>
>Edmond H. Wollmann P.M.A.F.A.
>© 2004 Altair Publications, SAN 299-5603
>Astrological Consulting http://www.astroconsulting.com/
>Artworks http://www.astroconsulting.com/personal/
>AOL http://hometown.aol.com/ehwollmann/myhomepage/business.html

bulletbobb

Jun 11, 2004, 2:51:52 PM6/11/04
Beep <spa...@spamsux.net> wrote in message news:<se0gc0lrvjgsp9rk9...@4ax.com>...

I would be interested in your views as to the best method for progress
a solar return. I know of one by Merriman, and another from March &
McEvers, but would value your insights.

Also, with regard to demi-returns, you stated that they are cast for
when the sun crosses the angles of the chart. I was under the
impression that the quarti and demi returns are cast for when the
return sun squares and opposes it's natal position. Frankly, the
method strikes me as being rather cumbersom: it's bad enough having to
work with one chart, much less four!

Bob

Edmond Wollmann

Jun 14, 2004, 9:09:52 PM6/14/04
Beep <spa...@spamsux.net> wrote in message news:<se0gc0lrvjgsp9rk9...@4ax.com>...

> On 10 Jun 2004 06:10:05 GMT, alcha...@yahoo.com (Edmond Wollmann)
> wrote:

> >Beep <spa...@spamsux.net> wrote in message news:<nchra0p5b3fnl7i2u...@4ax.com>...
> >> My sister's birthday is coming up, and I would love to share her SR
> >> with her...if anyone felt like doing one.

> >> Her data is May 25, 1965
> >> Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
> >> 10:55 pm

> >If you have a decent astrology program they are done in seconds, but
> >we need the place.

> I dream of being able to get Solar Fire someday :)

> The place where she spent her return is Thousand Oaks, CA, USA.

> >The solar return has special considerations, mostly derived from
> >traditional methods. But the developmental aspects (squares,
> >oppositions, conjunctions) and angles will be most important as they
> >tell us what action is taking place.
> >If you can post the chart

> Anyone who can post it, feel free to do so...I will post it myself if
> I can get a copy of it together.

I'm sorry, I have just been very busy and have a lot of traveling to
do right now or I would put it up. If I get time I will.

> >I will be glad to help interpret, but the
> >solar return will only manifest or show what is also happening in
> >other delineation techniques (secondary, Solar Arc, Transits) and must
> >be an extension of those understandings (what we have gleaned from the
> >intial delineations that tell us the direction of the person under
> >consideration).

> I need to learn more about Solar Arc...never use it!

Very easy generally, just count one year of age as one year of
progression. The sun's motion is very close to 1 degree per day,
therefore you just move everything ahead 1 degree for one year.

EHWollmann

Jun 14, 2004, 9:00:24 PM6/14/04
>From: crw...@snet.net (bulletbobb)

>I would be interested in your views as to the best method for progress

>a solar return. I know of one by Merriman, and another from March &
>McEvers, but would value your insights.

OK, they are much like Merriman, but I simply progress all returns similarly,
that is take the motions of the bodies and divide them by the period of the
return in question; for example, a lunar return MC can be progressed by
dividing the 360 degree chart by 27.5 days (the time period of the lunar
cycle), hence everyday the MC moves approx 13 degrees. Likewise the moon's
motion divided by the same period, etc. Again, culmination aspects within the
time period (and/or planets conjunct angles etc.) manifest more powerfully and
prominently.

>Also, with regard to demi-returns, you stated that they are cast for
>when the sun crosses the angles of the chart. I was under the
>impression that the quarti and demi returns are cast for when the
>return sun squares and opposes it's natal position. Frankly, the
>method strikes me as being rather cumbersom: it's bad enough having to
>work with one chart, much less four!

Quarti and Demi --yes--traditionally are meant in that way. But I am a
Jupiter/Uranus exact conjunction astrologer:-)
Because the SR is based on the Sun's return to its degree and minute (because
of birthtime) it makes much more sense to me to do returns for when the sun
crosses the angles (again, the effect of birthtime) and I find the quadratures
of the sun to itself simply a developmental cycle not unlike the Saturn return
and quadrature cycle. Also, the ancients used the Solstice and Equinox points
to make collective predictions and apparently were very effective with that
idea.
It is not really cumbersom, I do not get gnat strainingly detailed about chart
interpretation--or I would never see anything:-) To me, if I have all the
charts available, and find a very critical period in other methods as well (say
Saturn piling up in conjunction with other planets squaring something in a
critical pattern) I then can look at the return charts to find corraboration
for these major issues that are being triggered. Very often to my surprise, I
find very precise manifestations of aspect development and issues in a "Sun
crossing the ascendant" chart that showed very little elsewhere.

>Bob

"Therapy is not a matter of doing something to the individual, or of inducing
him to do something about himself. It is instead a matter of freeing him for
normal growth and development." Rogers, 1942, (p.29) Handbook of
Self-actualization, "Client Centered Therapy."

Edmond H. Wollmann P.M.A.F.A.
(C) 2004 Altair Publications, SAN 299-5603
Astrological Consulting http://www.astroconsulting.com/
Articles http://www.astroconsulting.com/FAQs/info.htm
Artworks http://www.e-wollmann.com/TOC.htm

Beep

Jun 16, 2004, 9:44:47 PM6/16/04
On 15 Jun 2004 00:10:08 GMT, alcha...@yahoo.com (Edmond Wollmann)
wrote:

>Beep <spa...@spamsux.net> wrote in message news:<se0gc0lrvjgsp9rk9...@4ax.com>...
>> On 10 Jun 2004 06:10:05 GMT, alcha...@yahoo.com (Edmond Wollmann)
>> wrote:

>> >If you have a decent astrology program they are done in seconds, but
>> >we need the place.
>
>> I dream of being able to get Solar Fire someday :)
>
>> The place where she spent her return is Thousand Oaks, CA, USA.
>
>> >The solar return has special considerations, mostly derived from
>> >traditional methods. But the developmental aspects (squares,
>> >oppositions, conjunctions) and angles will be most important as they
>> >tell us what action is taking place.
>> >If you can post the chart
>
>> Anyone who can post it, feel free to do so...I will post it myself if
>> I can get a copy of it together.
>
>I'm sorry, I have just been very busy and have a lot of traveling to
>do right now or I would put it up. If I get time I will.

That would be great, thank you!

Hope your travels are going well.

>> >I will be glad to help interpret, but the
>> >solar return will only manifest or show what is also happening in
>> >other delineation techniques (secondary, Solar Arc, Transits) and must
>> >be an extension of those understandings (what we have gleaned from the
>> >intial delineations that tell us the direction of the person under
>> >consideration).
>
>> I need to learn more about Solar Arc...never use it!
>
>Very easy generally, just count one year of age as one year of
>progression. The sun's motion is very close to 1 degree per day,
>therefore you just move everything ahead 1 degree for one year.

Hmm...puts hers at about 14 Cancer, if I counted right. No wonder
having children is important!

Edmond Wollmann

Jun 28, 2004, 8:05:08 PM6/28/04
Beep <spa...@spamsux.net> wrote in message news:<o0evc0lkmu6v8pq84...@4ax.com>...

Doesn't anyone have the ability to post charts in the square format
for usenet? Are those allowed here?

> Hope your travels are going well.

I will look in from New Mexico while I am there and see if anyone
posted anything. Should be back in California before the 4th.

> >> I need to learn more about Solar Arc...never use it!

> >Very easy generally, just count one year of age as one year of
> >progression. The sun's motion is very close to 1 degree per day,
> >therefore you just move everything ahead 1 degree for one year.

> Hmm...puts hers at about 14 Cancer, if I counted right. No wonder
> having children is important!

Her what--sun? You can progress all of the bodies and points this way
in SA method.

Edmond H. Wollmann P.M.A.F.A.
© 2004 Altair Publications, SAN 299-5603
Astrological Consulting http://www.astroconsulting.com/
Artworks http://www.astroconsulting.com/personal/

http://home.earthlink.net/~arcturianone/

Beep

Jun 29, 2004, 6:10:08 PM6/29/04
On 29 Jun 2004 00:05:08 GMT, alcha...@yahoo.com (Edmond Wollmann)
wrote:

I think they are, because I've posted a few when I've got astrolog
working properly (in time synch with the rest of the clocks on the
net...!).

>> Hope your travels are going well.
>
>I will look in from New Mexico while I am there and see if anyone
>posted anything. Should be back in California before the 4th.

Thank you! Hope you have a great time in NM.

>> >Very easy generally, just count one year of age as one year of
>> >progression. The sun's motion is very close to 1 degree per day,
>> >therefore you just move everything ahead 1 degree for one year.
>
>> Hmm...puts hers at about 14 Cancer, if I counted right. No wonder
>> having children is important!
>
>Her what--sun? You can progress all of the bodies and points this way
>in SA method.

Yes, I meant her sun, thank you.

Edmond Wollmann

Jun 30, 2004, 4:02:03 PM6/30/04
Beep <spa...@spamsux.net> wrote in message news:<b682e01t3gbrtbgf4...@4ax.com>...

Maybe someone can post it then. I am in Taos and cannot do much but
look in. That way others can see the chart too.

> >> Hope your travels are going well.

> >I will look in from New Mexico while I am there and see if anyone
> >posted anything. Should be back in California before the 4th.

> Thank you! Hope you have a great time in NM.

Beautiful here! I am in the Taos ski valley, home of the highest
mountains in NM--about 13,000 ft. Next I will go to El Vado, where I
have some property overloooking the lake.

> >> Hmm...puts hers at about 14 Cancer, if I counted right. No wonder
> >> having children is important!

> >Her what--sun? You can progress all of the bodies and points this way
> >in SA method.

> Yes, I meant her sun, thank you.

Now look and see what aspects that Cancer Sun makes.
And you can move all the other planets ahead as well.