What's the deal with Dr. Theodor Landscheidt?

ast...@yahoo.com

Mar 13, 2008, 5:50:50 PM3/13/08

What's the deal with Dr. Theodor Landscheidt.
I was looking for information on him. I was searching stuff on Google
groups. I found discussions that he had with others. He says that he
is not a professional astrologer, and that he has written a book that
provides statistical evidence that the astrological tradition does not
conform with reality. He expressed concern about his reputation as a
scientist being harmed. He even talked about the possibility of going
to court to sue for damages.
He said that if it is alleged that a scientist is an astrologer, it's
a kind of death sentence and that he/she will not get funding and his/
her papers will no longer be published and colleauges will sneer at
her or him. He said that he got such effects. He talked about a
person tha told lengthy stories to provide evidence that he's a
professional astrologer and that it had the effect that one of his
papers he recently submitted at the time for publication was rejected
on the grounds that he is an astrologer.

He said that in his book "Astrology:Hope of a Science?",he showed that
all of the practices
of astrologers do not stand up to state of the art statistical
investigations.

Somebody confronted him by showing that he wrote:

Cosmic Cybernetics - The Foundation Of A Modern Astrology. LANDSCHEIDT
Theodor, Dr. $4.95 An anthology compiled for readers interested in
Cosmobiology.
It is a summation of some essential concepts the author presented in
articles &
talks.

and

Sun-Earth-Man Theodore Landscheidt 8.95
Dr. Landscheidt illustrates how the world's climate, stock
market, ozone levels and many other phenomena move in time
with the planetary harmonies of our solar system. His findings,
supported by successful forecasts, will be of interest to both
the layman and student of practically every area of study.

and that he has been referred to as an astrologer.

There was no response from Theodor Landscheidt after that.

I was wondering is he an astrologer or is he a scientist. He strongly
asserted that he was a scientist and denies being an astrologer. He
could have been both an astrologer and scientist, but denied being an
astrologer because he cared about his reputation as a scientist being
damaged. I think if there other astrologers who are scientists think
that way. Maybe there are some professional astronomers who actually
do Astrology,and are afraid to be ostracized by the their scientific
colleagues. Astronomer Dr. Percy Seymour wrote a couple of books
about a scientific basis for Astrology,and he got a lot of negative
criticism from scientists too. I wonder if that even had more of an
effect on Dr. Landscheidt's concern about not wanting to be known as
an astrologer.

Here is the discussion involving Dr. Theodor Landscheidt

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.environment/browse_thread/thread/ff40bafa356c6512/e7b59df4b555755c?q=theodor+landscheidt&lnk=ol&

I admit that as a learning
disability,neurodivergent,neurodiversity,mental health human rights
activist, I am concerned that my beliefs/practices of Astrology and
other metaphysical subjects will seem too controversial and lead me to
much negative criticism about both my intelligence and sanity by
skeptics of Astrology and other metaphysical subjects. To me,it's a
highly valid concern. I have a very strong Saturn influence including
with Saturn being handle of a bucket as it is the only planet in
southern hemisphere and being in one of the Gauquelin sectors which
was said to be common in scientists. Astrology skeptics have already
given me a hard time in the past and questioned my intelligence and
sanity including some that are in the metaphysical fields including
magick.

There are fears that the controversy of my beliefs/practices of
Astrology will overshadow my advocacy,activism.

Raymond Andrews

I. R. Heller

Mar 15, 2008, 12:15:29 AM3/15/08
Hello there:
Is there a date of birth available on Dr. Landscheidt ??
IRH
<ast...@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

ast...@yahoo.com

Mar 15, 2008, 4:56:00 PM3/15/08

Dr. Theodor Landscheidt

March 10, 1927
Bremen,German
6:15 PM

I checked out his golden section aspects and geocentric planetary node
aspects. After all, he's the one that came up with them.

The Intepretations are from Ruth Brummond's Rulebook of Planetary
Pictures. Originator of the use of Golden Section Aspects and
Geocentric Planetary Nodes in Astrology,Theodor Landscheidt used the
interpetations from Reinhold Ebertin's COSI(Combination of Stellar
Influences)for the Golden Section Aspects and Planetary Node Aspects
in his Planetary Node article.
Ebertin's Interpretations are based on Alfred Witte's Rulebook of
Planetary Pictures which is what Ruth Brummond's Rulebook is based on.
Therefore,I thought it would make sense to use Ruth Brummond's
Rulebook. Another reason for using her book is that her book is more
modern,psychologically oriented than both COSI and Witte's Rulebook of
Planetary Pictures.

The interpretations include both negative and positive interpretations
of both psychological nature and having to do with
events.........please keep in mind that these are possibilities that
fit in with the planetary symbolisms. Therefore,not all of them will
apply to you.

GOLDEN SECTION ASPECTS

Aspect
Abbr Angle

1 +21°15'
2 +42°29'
3 +47°30'
4 +68°45'
5 +111°15'
6 +132°29'
7 +137°30'
8 +158°45'
A +34°22'
B +55°37'
C +124°22'
D +145°37'
a +132°30'
b +85°00'
c +132°30'
d +137°30'
e +68°48'
f +47°30'
g +34°24'

Sorted by Orb - Maximum Aspect Orb 1°00'

Sat 5 Ura 0°04' A
SA.UR.*
+ emotionally restrained. focused. capable of concentration. self-
controlled. progressive.
Surprising persistence. Stimulating problems. Stimulus in later years.
Event in the past. Dealings with technical problems.
- contrary. tense as a spring. repressed; cramped. controlling.
indecisive. obstinate. short tempered. touchy. quarrelsome.
disruptive.
Unexpected problems. Continual tension. Upset in relation to delays.
Surprising obstacle. Stress. Crisis. Unexpected departure. Difficult
reform. Sudden coldness.

Mon 1 Plu 0°18' A
MO.PL.*
+ adapts. skilled at converting or transforming. spontaneous. skilled
at developing. change things.
Development of or into a woman. Transformation of or due to the wife.
Changes of the wife. Glandular functions. Hourly changes. Public
development. Readjustment of a nation.
- fickle. inconstant. unreliable. moody. unsettled.
Vacillating circumstances.

Ura D Nep 0°33' A
UR.NE.*
+ intuitive. futuristic. motivated by metaphysical concerns. original.
imaginative and reformist. interested in obscure or futuristic
technology. supernatural. transcendental. interested in the occult.
mediumistic. relaxing. progressive.
Easing or dissolution of tension. Unexpected dissipation. Supernatural
event. Obscure experience. The hereafter. Occultism. Metaphysical
matters. Obscure technology. Stimulus from the immaterial realm.
Future or futuristic reforms. Polarity. Differentiation. Contrast.
Excitement in or about the air. Technology and water.
- reacts semiconsciously. contrary. easily tired or fatigued.
unstable. insecure. vulnerable.
Pointless excitement or upset. Sudden uncertainty. Unconsciousness.
Unexpected denial or rejection. Sudden loss or sacrifice. Unexciting
circumstances. Checkmate.

Nep 4 MC 0°04' A
MC.NE.*
+ intuitive. sensitive. empathic. highly imaginative. tender.
mediumistic. daydreams. future-oriented. interested in metaphysical
factors. impersonal. objective.
To be prepared for the future. Personal sacrifice. The unknown or
unrecognized. My sensitivity. Metaphysical factors and me.
- deluded. unstable. insecure.
overly delicate. easily swayed. elusive. unreliable. vulnerable.
needful of protection. weak. prone to feelings of inferiority.
unrealistic.
Inward confusion. Personal uncertainty or disillusionment. To refuse
to accept something. To deny. To go astray. To be deluded. Deceit.
Personal loss.

Mar A Plu 0°36' A
MA.PL.*
+ active. enterprising. energetic. strong willed. good at classifying
and arranging. able to carry on many jobs at once. proceeds according
to plan. sees the overview. skilled at organizing. industrious.
ambitious. knows how to adapt. and readjust. capable at development.
able to deal with change and variety. athletic. spontaneous.
Developments in or of a job. Current work. New profession. Alteration
in or of work. Increasing work. Developmental work. Increasing
energies. Change in or of a job. To organize.
- not always trustworthy. ruthless. [exploitive or abusive when
unevolved.]

Mer 1 Ven 0°52' A
ME.VE.*
+ extroverted. enjoys social contact. cooperative. clever. obliging.
venturesome. epicurean. entertaining. eloquent. capable of being
loving. congenial. people-oriented. lively. apt at theory.
aesthetically conscious. musical. expresses oneself well. has artistic
talent.
Thoughts of love. Harmonious conversation. Sympathy due to discussion.
Enjoyment in connection with communication. To experience affection.
Pleasant dialogue. To express desires. To give hope. Harmonious or
graceful motion. Communication about or due to art. Acquaintanceship.
- self-indulgent. smug. pretentious. vain.

Mar 4 Eri 0°28' A
(Eris is recently discovered........to me, it seems like it has to do
with controversy,ideology,diversity,divergence,considerate/
inconsiderate of viewpoints/opinions/beliefs/values,bigotry,terrorism,
redefining boundaries)......Honestly, I think that it not only fits
with any belief system but also even Astrology.........I even think
that Eris might even be a co-ruler of Astrology

even its discoverer, Dr. Michael Brown said
"She causes strife by causing arguments among men, by making them
think their opinions are right and everyone else's is wrong," Brown
said. "It really is just perfect." )
http://www-tech.mit.edu/V126/N38/38shorts2.html

PLANETARY NODES
just looked at conjunction,opposition,and square

South Mars Node square Uranus - '32
South Uranus Node conjunct Mars - 1'50
(Double Whammy)
MA.UR.*
+ energetic. resolute. determined. industrious. works quickly. daring.
courageous. high-spirited. future-oriented. handy. skilled with
technology. reformist. progressive. innovative.
Sudden actions. Unexpected work. Exciting or stimulating activity. To
contribute to tensions. Energetic deed. Technical assignment. To carry
out a reform. Activity in the future. Operation. Electrical energy.
- impulsive. rash. acts prematurely. restless. unpredictable.
obstinate.
To jump to conclusions prematurely. Rash decision. Emotional upset.
Injury or damage. Accident.

North Jupiter Node square Uranus - '00
North Uranus Node square Jupiter - 1'23
(Double Whammy)
JU.UR.*
+ optimistic. intuitive. resourceful. ingenious. keenly perceptive.
progressive. future-oriented. has quick responses. good at
mathematics. technically apt. adventurous. reformist.
Successful adventure. Unexpected good luck. Surprising success.
Technical earnings. Unexpected money. Surprising profits. Pleasurable
event. Beneficial reforms. Good sense of rhythm.
- under legal tension. overly materialistic.
Hypertension. Upset over the law.

South Uranus Node oppose Midheaven - '27
MC.UR.*
+ intuitive. progressive. sizes up situations quickly. original.
inclined to the unusual. averse to mediocrity. wishes to be unique.
adventurous. reformist. technically inclined. has rhythm. future
oriented.
My adventure. Surprise for me. To be in anticipation. My premonition.
An event. Occurrence for me. To get excited.
- impulsive. self willed. tense; stressed. restless. unstable.
fidgety. off-balance; erratic. unpredictable. easily upset.
aggressive.
To be exposed to great tension. Unrest.

Raymond Andrews

Richard Nolle

Mar 18, 2008, 1:27:53 AM3/18/08
<ast...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Dr. Theodor Landscheidt
>
> March 10, 1927
> Bremen,German
> 6:15 PM

Thanks for the data, Ray. What's the source?

--Richard

http://www.astropro.com/
phone/fax = 480-753-6261
consultations/orders = 800-527-8761

"Astrology is about time . . . what else is there?"

CARRIERE FRANCOIS

Mar 19, 2008, 8:32:24 PM3/19/08
Richard Nolle wrote:
> <ast...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Dr. Theodor Landscheidt
>>
>> March 10, 1927
>> Bremen,German
>> 6:15 PM
>>

> Thanks for the data, Ray. What's the source?

Hello,

John McKay-Clements quotes him, B.C. rectified by him to 6:08 PM, given in
The Canadian Astrology Collection
(Formerly, Taeger quoted him for 5:16 PM in "Lexikon.")

In: ADB or Canadian Astrology Collection (ed. 1998, p. 131).

--
Best regards,
François

Richard Nolle