New Age=New Astrology

1 view

Edmond Wollmann

Dec 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/29/96

The New Astrology

original draft March 87
revised October 94 Edmond H. Wollmann

When I began studying astrology in 1971 I was skeptical and going to
disprove it. However any honest person who attempts this must become
aware of the corroboration between astrological symbolism and a
knowledge
of self. Hence the more I studied, the more mechanistically obvious it
became that there was something there.
I began to feel that perhaps there were some serious reasons behind
existence that could be readily observable. There must be a reason, I
believed, for my own and others life experiences and needs being so
different. However this perspective raised more questions than it
answered. If I had certain needs or characteristics as indicated by the
horoscope, was I fated to experience only these? How do I change it?
Where is the equalizer that balances the fact that some individuals
never
even hear about a religion let alone have this one life to redeem
themselves. Why does one chart have numerous "negative" aspects and
another numerous "positive"?
Learning about reincarnation satisfied many of these questions. They
were due to actions I had taken in previous lives. When I began
counseling in 1979 I found that most person's needs and conflicts about
self worth and status or what have you, were tied strongly to the
relationship with the parents and early environment. I correlated this
with psychological need and developmental theories. With this
recognition
in mind I began counseling with the idea of assisting individuals in the
recognition of this fact. That self worth, for example, is determined by
the level (or lack of it) experienced as a perceived condition in the
early environment. These beliefs are then carried forward, often in an
unconscious state and externalized in interaction with the environment.
By the early 1980s I studied with great interest the channeling of
"Seth" by Jane Roberts. Especially the volume entitled "The Nature Of
Personal Reality", The Edgar Cayce material, the approach of the
Rosicrucians, and Bashar and the association on reality creation. Now
there was a new concern. If we create our own reality, then why was the
parental structure so influential in determining a person's reality
experience? Why, or how, did we create the horoscope that we currently
have? Where does the interaction of nurture and nature begin and end?
It is really not that hard to piece together. The horoscope reflects
the belief momentum (past and present lives combined) and the resultant
effects of such momentum, because the universe is simply idea and
concept
manifestation. The parental interaction is the catalyst that is
unconsciously absorbed to manifest the best representation of the belief
structure of the identity involved. The horoscope exists before parental
interaction and must therefore be a template vibrational version of the
momentum of belief.
The constellations and planets do not impel, compel, influence,
energize
or in any other way determine the identity of the individual. They
reflect the signature of the persona. One version of "All That Is" or
God, looking at itself in another way. The horoscope is the reflection
of
the momentum of the idea that you are at any given moment. It is a tool
to recognize (rethink or to comprehend with the conscious mind) the idea
you are and its momentum or probable outcome as an effect of that
definition. Tools of psychology, astrology or other awareness enhancers
allow us the opportunity to own the reality and redefine it with
preference through this knowledge of self.
An astrologer can only serve as an artisan with a tool of self
awareness. Self awareness is the only agent of change for a probable
"fate" in the mirror of mind, matter.
--
Edmond H. Wollmann P.M.A.F.A.
© 1996 Astrological Consulting/Altair Publications

George

Dec 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/29/96

I'd like to thank Ed for posting this article and add couple of my own thoughts to it.

Edmond Wollmann <woll...@mail.sdsu.edu> wrote in article <32C6AA...@mail.sdsu.edu>...

> The New Astrology
>
> original draft March 87
> revised October 94      Edmond H. Wollmann
>
>  When I began studying astrology in 1971 I was skeptical and going to
> disprove it. However any honest person who attempts this must become
> aware of the corroboration between astrological symbolism and a
> knowledge
> of self. Hence the more I studied, the more mechanistically obvious it
> became that there was something there.
>  I began to feel that perhaps there were some serious reasons behind
> existence that could be readily observable. There must be a reason, I
> believed, for my own and others life experiences and needs being so
> different. However this perspective raised more questions than it
> answered. If I had certain needs or characteristics as indicated by the
> horoscope, was I fated to experience only these? How do I change it?

They say that some people are ruled by their stars and some rule the stars. I think we all rule our stars, it's just some of us don't know it yet.

> Where is the equalizer that balances the fact that some individuals
> never
> even hear about a religion let alone have this one life to redeem
> themselves. Why does one chart have numerous "negative" aspects and
> another numerous "positive"?
>  Learning about reincarnation satisfied many of these questions. They
> were due to actions I had taken in previous lives. When I began
> counseling in 1979 I found that most person's needs and conflicts about
> self worth and status or what have you, were tied strongly to the
> relationship with the parents and early environment. I correlated this
> with psychological need and developmental theories. With this
> recognition
> in mind I began counseling with the idea of assisting individuals in the
> recognition of this fact. That self worth, for example, is determined by
> the level (or lack of it) experienced as a perceived condition in the
> early environment. These beliefs are then carried forward, often in an
> unconscious state and externalized in interaction with the environment.
>  By the early 1980s I studied with great interest the channeling of
> "Seth" by Jane Roberts. Especially the volume entitled "The Nature Of
> Personal Reality", The Edgar Cayce material, the approach of the
> Rosicrucians, and Bashar and the association on reality creation. Now
> there was a new concern. If we create our own reality, then why was the
> parental structure so influential in determining a person's reality
> experience?

One of the concepts in "Seth Speaks", that I had a hard time grasping was that we choose our own parents. Made me take a completely different view of my childhood and interactions with my parents. It was particularly a frustrating concept, because at a time I was a teenager, and could not believe that I would choose such "oppressive" parents. To me, recognizing that we create our own reality meant taking responsibility for every aspect of my creation.

> Why, or how, did we create the horoscope that we currently
> have? Where does the interaction of  nurture and nature begin and end?
>   It is really not that hard to piece together. The horoscope reflects
> the belief momentum (past and present lives combined) and the resultant
> effects of such momentum, because the universe is simply idea and
> concept
> manifestation. The parental interaction is the catalyst that is
> unconsciously absorbed to manifest the best representation of the belief
> structure of the identity involved. The horoscope exists before parental
> interaction and must therefore be a template vibrational version of the
> momentum of belief.
>  The constellations and planets do not impel, compel, influence,
> energize
> or in any other way determine the identity of the individual. They
> reflect the signature of the persona. One version of "All That Is" or
> God, looking at itself in another way.

Thank you for mentioning that. All too often I run into people that don't realize that they are part of God, or "All That Is", as Seth describes it. Do you realize that millions of people pray every day for something wich has already been given to them: Union with God.

>The horoscope is the reflection of
> the momentum of the idea that you are at any given moment. It is a tool
> to recognize (rethink or to comprehend with the conscious mind) the idea
> you are and its momentum or probable outcome as an effect of that
> definition. Tools of psychology, astrology or other awareness enhancers
> allow us the opportunity to own the reality and redefine it with
> preference through this knowledge of self.

Astrology, to me, is a great excercise of the conscious mind. This is the way I look at it:

We are here to master creating reality. My unconscious is a great master at that task. It has been building my world from the very first moment of its creation (my birth). My conscious, on the other hand, lags behind in its development, for I do not yet consciously experience the phenomenon of the instantenious time and no-space. I do believe, however that some day I will be able to travel to any point in the universe in an instant and accomplish any number of tasks instantaneously without restrictions of time and space, just like I do in my dreams. That's where astrology comes into the picture. Studying my chart, gives my conscious mind an opportunity to learn from its unconscious counterpart. I use it to observe and learn the ways that I have used to create my life, the events and circumstances in it, in order to attemt these tasks consciously. That is how I use this art for my personall development.

george

jacqueli...@gmail.com

Jan 2, 2013, 2:10:48 PM1/2/13
Page from Brazil: http://www.boavontade.com/fotos/index2.php?option=com_galeriasmc&view=exibirgaleria&id=147&idioma=6