Justice Department Concedes Conspiracy

John McAdams

Apr 1, 2010, 3:07:51 PM4/1/10

JFK Assassination Case Closed ? Conspiracy Conceded

WASHINGTON D.C. DALLAS TIMES-HERALD. April 1, 2010. The Justice Department
announced today that they have officially closed the case on the
assassination of President John F. Kennedy, conceding that it was a
conspiracy, and donated the records and evidence of conspiracy to the
Sixth Floor Museum in Dallas and the Mob Museum in Las Vegas. The National
Archives and Records Administration declined to accept the material.

?With the death of all the suspects, this case is officially and
unirrevocably considered closed,? a Justice Department spokesperson said
at a Press Conference at the J. Edgar Hover Building in Washington. ?The
Federal Bureau of Investigation will no longer be accepting information or
conducting any further investigations into the assassination,? he said.

At the same time as they have closed the books on the case, the Justice
Department has acknowledged there was a conspiracy after all, one that
will never be officially investigated again, so they have turned over all
the official records and evidence of conspiracy to the Mob Museum in Las
Vegas and the Sixth Floor Museum in Dallas.

?What we can say is that it is reasonable to believe that those who were
involved in President Kennedy?s death are dead, and it is appropriate to
consider this investigation closed,? said the assistant Federal District
Attorney responsible for the prosecution of national security crimes.

?If any of those men had been alive when we learned of the conspiracy,? he
said, ?even if they were clinging to life support in a nursing home,
instead of standing before you today we would be working to gather
evidence with which to achieve a murder conviction.?

?However, these men are dead and beyond the reach of human justice,? he
said. ?Since we cannot charge and prosecute them, they will never have the
opportunity to defend themselves and it would accordingly be wrong to
disclose their names.?

The official investigation records and the evidence of conspiracy are
contained in thousands of documents and materials that have been
previously with held from the public and kept in the Special File Room at
the J. Edgar Hover Building in Washington.

Now in the possession of Gary Mack, archivist at the Sixth Floor Museum,
the unredacted records reveal a rogue?s gallery of suspects ? John
Rosselli, Sam Giancana, Santo Trafficante, James Braden, David Altee
Phillips, William Harvey, Allen Dulles, Lyndon Johnson, James Files, Fidel
Castro?- that he hopes can be quickly converted into tourist dollars.

Because of the close association between the former directors of the FBI
and their good friends in Las Vegas, some of the records of the
investigation and the evidence of conspiracy were also turned over to the
non-profit Mob Museum in Las Vegas, for educational and research purposes
only.

The Mob Museum will share them with the Sixth Floor Museum in Dallas, and
they market them together. The Sixth Floor hopes the sensational evidence
of conspiracy in the murder of the president will generate enough new
income that it will allow DA Watkins to maintain his full staff, at least
until the election.

Dallas District Attorney Craig Watkins, who had previously declined all
federal and state assistance to investigate the assassination, gave all of
the records and evidence from his office over to the Sixth Floor Museum.

?You know me: I'm always a conspiracy theorist," Watkins said, "but I feel
an obligation to Dallas. This is where I live, this is where it happened,
and I think it would be good for tourism and good for the local economy to
keep the documents and evidence at The Sixth Floor Museum."

The stakes were raised recently when a federal judge urged Mr. Watkins to
donate the evidence of conspiracy to a Special Federal Prosecutor, to see
if anyone could be indicted for the crime, but now that all the suspects
are dead and the official investigation is closed, the National Archives
has declined to accept any evidence of conspiracy.

That instigated a tug of war between the Mob Museum in Las Vegas and the
Sixth Floor Museum in Dallas. Judge John Tunheim then threw his hat into
the ring.

U.S. District Judge John R. Tunheim of Minneapolis was speaking as a
private citizen, but one with some standing. He served during the 1990s as
chairman of the U.S. Assassination Records Review Board, which was
established by Congress to collect all previously undisclosed records
related to the assassination and assess their value.

The National Archives' JFK collection "is a treasure trove of information,
preserved under ideal conditions and accessible to the public," Judge
Tunheim wrote in a letter to Mr. Watkins. He also argued against giving
the documents to The Sixth Floor Museum. "I have always been concerned
that it may not be a proper archival facility, particularly for documents,
and may not continue into perpetuity," the judge wrote.

"What will happen to the records at the Sixth Floor Museum in the long
term, I do not know." Sixth Floor officials, who have made no secret of
their desire to obtain the files, expressed delight Friday at Mr. Watkins'
words, but they were cautious until a final decision is announced.

"We would be very pleased if they came to The Sixth Floor," said Nicola
Longford, the museum's executive director. She also said worries about the
museum's ability to care for the documents are misplaced. "I am surprised
by Judge Tunheim's concern about the long-term viability of The Sixth
Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza," Ms. Longford said in an e-mailed statement.
"Visitor attendance has remained steady with average annual attendance of
over 325,000. The museum remains one of the most heavily visited historic
sites in Texas, outside the Alamo."

The National Archives' materials dwarf The Sixth Floor's collection.
National Archives officials say they have 5 million pages of documents
regarding the JFK assassination. Officials at the Dallas museum say they
have about 20,000 documents, though no estimate on the number of pages.
But Ms. Longford defended the quality of her museum. "We have storage
facilities that are equal to any in the country," she said.

Judge Tunheim said Friday he was disappointed by Mr. Watkins' remarks. He
said he still believes that giving the documents to the National Archives
would make them more accessible to researchers, but "I understand the
hometown aspect of all this." It was a card that Sixth Floor officials
were not shy about playing. "The documents are from Dallas. They're from
the Dallas County DA's office. They are best kept in Dallas," Ms. Longford
said. Mr. Watkins said Friday that his office, in any case, may have no
legal choice in the matter. He said he was researching a 1994
Commissioners Court order that instructed all county offices to turn over
materials related to Jack Ruby, Lee Harvey Oswald and President Kennedy to
the Dallas County Historical Foundation ? which does business under the
name of The Sixth Floor Museum. Even if there is no such requirement, Mr.
Watkins said, "I would probably give them to The Sixth Floor anyway."

National Archives officials said they had been discussing whether they
would be interested in the FBI or Dallas County DA files, but decided not
to take in any more JFK assassination records at all.

"We want to look at what's in there before we could make a decision on
whether we would accept it," said Steven Tilley, who oversees documents at
the National Archives' College Park facility. ?But evidence of conspiracy
should go to the museums,? Tilley said, ?since we are not equipped to
handle any more researchers looking for conspiracies and they will help
attract the tourists to Dallas and Vegas who don't belong at the
Archives.?

http://jfkcountercoup.blogspot.com/2010/04/jfk-case-closed.html

.John
--
The Kennedy Assassination Home Page
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

John Fiorentino

Apr 1, 2010, 4:51:58 PM4/1/10
The Dallas Times Herald, founded in 1888 by a merger of the Dallas Times
and the Dallas Herald, was once one of two major daily newspapers serving
the Dallas, Texas (USA) area. It won three Pulitzer Prizes, all for
photography, and two George Polk Awards, for local and regional reporting.
As an afternoon publication for most of its 103 years,[1] its demise was
hastened by the shift of newspaper reading habits to morning papers, the
reliance on television for late-breaking news,[1] as well as the loss of
an antitrust lawsuit against crosstown rival The Dallas Morning News.

On December 8, 1991, Belo, owner of The Dallas Morning News, bought the
Times Herald for $55 million and closed the paper the next day.

BUT I bet lots of folks are salivating............

John F.

"John McAdams" <john.m...@marquette.edu> wrote in message

Herbert Blenner

Apr 1, 2010, 4:52:11 PM4/1/10

And a pleasant April first to you.

Herbert

James K. Olmstead

Apr 1, 2010, 4:52:33 PM4/1/10
April Fool.......good one btw

ps the Mob Musuem in Las Vegas is just a storefront display....they don't
have any funds to open yet.

jko

David Von Pein

Apr 1, 2010, 4:53:06 PM4/1/10

It seems that April Fool's Day this year has been even bigger than usual
with respect to some fairly major gags being pulled on the Internet.

Google.com and YouTube put up two pretty good April 1st jokes, and the
amazing thing is: some people actually seem to believe them
wholeheartedly....even YouTube's "Textp" gag, which a few people seem to
actually like! (LOL.)

http://youtube-global.blogspot.com

Grizzlie Antagonist

Apr 1, 2010, 4:53:20 PM4/1/10

I catch on.

You can only fool a Firefly twice.

The date: APRIL 1ST, 2010.

Jason Burke

Apr 1, 2010, 4:53:34 PM4/1/10

Oh geez. I hope Blubaugh doesn't see this. Or realize what day it is.

John Canal

Apr 1, 2010, 8:14:18 PM4/1/10
In article <4bb4ed10....@news.supernews.com>, John McAdams says...

>JFK Assassination Case Closed ? Conspiracy Conceded

TOP POST

You're wishing out loud, .john. If that were true it'd mean--to your
relief--it would never come out "officially" how bad Fisher, Spitz, Baden
and the rest of their business partners, associates, and buddies, who
worked and/or wrote books together, tortured the medical evidence......and
how naive you and your following have been about same.

:-)

John Canal

--
John Canal
jca...@webtv.net

HistorianDetective

Apr 1, 2010, 8:14:30 PM4/1/10
On Apr 1, 3:52 pm, "James K. Olmstead" <jolmst...@neo.rr.com> wrote:
> April Fool.......good one btw

James,

> ps the Mob Musuem in Las Vegas is just a storefront display....they don't
> have any funds to open yet.

I'll bet 10-1 that the MOB is gonna charge
an arm and a leg for admission.

> jko
>
> "John McAdams" <john.mcad...@marquette.edu> wrote in message

> >http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm- Hide quoted text -

John Canal

Apr 1, 2010, 8:15:12 PM4/1/10
In article <4bb4ed10....@news.supernews.com>, John McAdams says...

Don't you think you ought to expose your own little "Conspiracy of One" on
this before some CT, who was sure the Military Industrial Cmplex did it,
jumps from the sixth floor of the TSBD?

John Canal

--
John Canal
jca...@webtv.net

j leyden

Apr 1, 2010, 8:15:50 PM4/1/10
On Apr 1, 2:07�pm, john.mcad...@marquette.edu (John McAdams) wrote:
> JFK Assassination Case Closed ? Conspiracy Conceded

You had me going for a bit. With Eric Holder & his gang at DOJ,
anything is possible. They even want to try KSM and his Gitmo
terrorist buddies in NYC. Unfortunately, that's no April Fool.

JGL

Robert Harris

Apr 1, 2010, 10:53:51 PM4/1/10

I don't think you get it john.

April fools jokes are supposed to be something that would surpise us.

Robert Harris

On 1 Apr 2010 15:07:51 -0400, john.m...@marquette.edu (John

David Von Pein

Apr 1, 2010, 10:56:15 PM4/1/10

Some fun stuff here:

"The Top 100 April Fool's Day Hoaxes of All Time":

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/aprilfool/

#3: Instant Color TV --- In 1962, there was only one tv channel in Sweden,
and it broadcast in black and white. The station's technical expert, Kjell
Stensson, appeared on the news to announce that, thanks to a new
technology, viewers could convert their existing sets to display color
reception. All they had to do was pull a nylon stocking over their tv
screen. Stensson proceeded to demonstrate the process. Thousands of people
were taken in. Regular color broadcasts only commenced in Sweden on April
1, 1970.

John Blubaugh

Apr 2, 2010, 12:21:02 AM4/2/10

I saw it and I know what day it is too.

JB

Dave Reitzes

Apr 2, 2010, 12:35:53 AM4/2/10
You can surf the various JFK sites and see who fell for it.

Dave \:^)

John McAdams

Apr 2, 2010, 1:18:24 AM4/2/10
On 2 Apr 2010 00:35:53 -0400, Dave Reitzes <drei...@aol.com> wrote:

>You can surf the various JFK sites and see who fell for it.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=15702

.John
--------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

John Fiorentino

Apr 2, 2010, 10:20:35 AM4/2/10
Just too funny...........really!

John F.

"John McAdams" <john.m...@marquette.edu> wrote in message

Anthony Marsh

Apr 2, 2010, 10:09:05 PM4/2/10
On 4/1/2010 8:15 PM, j leyden wrote:
> On Apr 1, 2:07�pm, john.mcad...@marquette.edu (John McAdams) wrote:
>> JFK Assassination Case Closed ? Conspiracy Conceded
>
> You had me going for a bit. With Eric Holder& his gang at DOJ,

> anything is possible. They even want to try KSM and his Gitmo
> terrorist buddies in NYC. Unfortunately, that's no April Fool.

No, that's the type of thing that George Bush actually did. It's not
change if Obama does exactly the same things as Bush did.