REVIEW -- "Rendezvous With Death: JFK And The Cuban Connection"

David Von Pein

Jan 30, 2007, 11:00:10 PM1/30/07
"RENDEZVOUS WITH DEATH: JFK AND THE CUBAN CONNECTION":

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4372003961374303142&q

Although not nearly as impossible to believe as most of the JFK
assassination theories out there, the 2006 documentary film "Rendezvous
With Death: JFK And The Cuban Connection", which purports an underlying
Cuban involvement in "recruiting" Lee Harvey Oswald to kill President
Kennedy, ultimately falls flat too (IMO).

Two things in it tend to sink the film's credibility in my view:

1.) When an ex-Cuban "agent" named Oscar Marino, who is one of the
bigshots being interviewed for the first time (with sensational info that
he had never talked about heretofore, of course), says:

"Is it so important whether or not he {Oswald} acted on his own
initiative?".

Well -- Duh!

Yeah, I think it does matter just a tad bit. It's only the difference
between "conspiracy" vs. "no conspiracy", for crying out loud.

Perhaps Mr. Marino needs to look up the word "initiative" --

"On one's own initiative: At one's own discretion: Independently of
outside influence or control." -- Merriam-Webster OnLine Dictionary

Marino also says this in the "Rendezvous" documentary --- "It makes no
difference whether he {Oswald} volunteered, or was used".

I guess perhaps that means that John Hinckley, even though he acted on his
"own initiative", can blame some other entity for putting him up to
shooting Ronald Reagan in 1981. (Maybe he can use that strange logic to
get Jodie Foster to share a portion of the blame for his actions that
day.) ;)

2.) And then there's a part I knew this program would sidestep -- and that
is: The way in which Lee Harvey Oswald got his job at the Texas School
Book Depository in October 1963.

It's never once mentioned in this program that it was Ruth Paine and
Linnie Randle who actually were responsible for Oswald getting hired at
the Book Depository.

Instead, the documentary's narrator states that Oswald had applied for
MANY jobs in tall office buildings all along the motorcade route. Which is
also a bunch of bullshit right there, seeing as how the exact route wasn't
even finalized until November 18th...and not placed into any paper where
Oswald could see it until November 19th at the earliest.

Overall, "Rendezvous With Death" is a real yawn-fest, in my personal
opinion.

We know that the U.S. Government hated Fidel Castro and was probably
trying to bump him off. And we know Oswald (the nutcase he was) was
definitely pro-Castro and pro-Cuba. And we also know that in early
September of 1963 (via the impromptu interview that Castro gave to Daniel
Harker) Castro, in effect, was threatening U.S. leaders.

So the tension was certainly there....so it's not surprising that a
decent-looking theory can be made to have Oswald "recruited" by Cuban
Intelligence to bump off Kennedy. But I've yet to see the ironclad proof
that anyone put Oswald up to the assassination.

Jean Davison's 1983 book ("Oswald's Game") provides a very good analysis
of Lee Harvey Oswald and his probable motive(s) for assassinating
President Kennedy.

The general theory in Davison's book is that Oswald killed JFK all by
himself....but he did it FOR CASTRO (but Oswald wasn't "recruited" by any
outside organization). It was all Oswald's idea.

That's a good "LN" theory too, especially since LHO almost certainly would
have been aware of the Harker/Castro interview and Castro's threat to U.S.
leaders in early September '63, because that story appeared in local New
Orleans papers where Oswald lived at the time.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/9c2238388f0a72c3

David Von Pein
January 2007

Peter Makres

Feb 1, 2007, 12:33:40 PM2/1/07
BOTTOM POSTS

"David Von Pein" <davev...@aol.com> wrote in message news:1170208091.3...@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com...

This has been my view for some time now. I'll have to get a copy of Jean's book-
I'm sure it will reinforce my view even further.

> That's a good "LN" theory too, especially since LHO almost certainly would
> have been aware of the Harker/Castro interview and Castro's threat to U.S.
> leaders in early September '63, because that story appeared in local New
> Orleans papers where Oswald lived at the time.

Completely feasable.

greg

Feb 2, 2007, 11:34:57 AM2/2/07
David Von Pein wrote:

> It's never once mentioned in this program that it was Ruth Paine and
> Linnie Randle who actually were responsible for Oswald getting hired at
> the Book Depository.

Define "responsible".

LMR specifically denied saying the TSBD had any openings.

Mr. BALL. Was there anything said then about the Texas School Book
Depository as a place he might get a job?
Mrs. RANDLE. Well, we didn't say that he might get a job, because I
didn't know there was a job open.

greg