To those who believe Oswald was "set up" or a "patsy"

SO

Mar 19, 2005, 1:02:35 AM3/19/05
If Oswald was hired on October 15th, and the motorcade route wasn't known
until November 19th, how was such an elaborate "patsy" plot hatched in so
short a time? (gun planted, photos faked, ensuring Oswald wasn't seen
during the time of the killing, etc.)

Scott O.

tytr...@aol.com

Mar 19, 2005, 2:23:28 PM3/19/05
Good question. Is it possible that we are all looking at this
backwards? Suppose the motorcade route was planned to pass in front of
where Oswald found a job. This way It looks like fate or coincidence
that Oswald happened to get a job along the parade route. Consider
this: A map found in Oswald's room by the DPD had several X marks on
it. One was on the Depository. When asked about it Oswald said those
marks were where he "heard there was work". There are dozens and dozens
of streets in Dallas. Of the 10 locations that Oswald was known to have
applied for work (or were on his map) all happen to line up on either
one of the 2 likely motorcade routes under consideration by the White
House advance men, the SS and Governor Connally. It depended on whether
the Women's Building or the Trade Mart was picked as to whether the
motorcade would pass close to the Depository or not. Oswald accepted a
job that paid quite a bit lower than 2 of the other jobs including one
at Love Field the start of the parade. This reason alone made 2 Warren
Commision attorneys think he may have had "non economic reasons" for
taking the Depository job. If Oswald was being "run" then it could only
have been from people who had direct control over the President's
activities, schedule and security. Only these people knew if the
motorcade was to pass by the Depository or not. The odds that Oswald by
happenstance only applied for work on the 2 parade routes under
consideration to the exclusion of any other locations before they were
public knowledge is mind boggling. That information was only known by
the Governor's office and the White House. The logical deduction then
is that apparently someone was guiding Oswald on this from the inside.
The day after Oswald gets his job, the President's trip to Texas is
confirmed. Bingo. Patsy is in place now it looks like coincidence not
conspiracy put Oswald there.

Canuck

Mar 19, 2005, 8:47:51 PM3/19/05
It is possible, as was suggested from the outset, that Oswald's target was
not JFK, but Connally (which Marina suggested to the W.C. in early Sept.
1964). I discuss this in an article entitled "Creating A Patsy" which
will be published in JFK/DPQ later this year (and hopefully will also be
added to Walt Brown's website.) - Peter R. Whitmey

greg

Mar 19, 2005, 8:48:23 PM3/19/05
CE 2444 contains an FBI analysis of a job application made with DeVilbiss
of Toledo, Ohio. Unfortunately, the 26 volumes do not seem to contain the
actual application. I was therefore left to ponder the possibility that
Oswald had been to Toledo.

Have recently learned however, that Devilbiss had an office, factory or
warehouse very close to the Dallas Trade Mart, and this is where Oswald
had applied (Toledo being where the company head office is located).
Apparently employees tipped off Dallas Eye Witness News after the
assassination, and they ran a story on it.

greg

<tytr...@aol.com> wrote in message

Anthony Marsh

Mar 19, 2005, 10:29:54 PM3/19/05

The motorcade route chosen was the best for getting the President through
the heart of Dallas to be seen by the most people. The turn onto Elm was
unfortunate, but dictated by logistics.

David VP

Mar 20, 2005, 7:36:00 AM3/20/05
>> The logical deduction then is that apparently someone was guiding
Oswald on this from the inside.

Only if you wish to consider ALL of the following people "conspirators"
in this thing -- which, of course, is pure nonsense ......

1.) Wesley Frazier (who initially informed his sister an opening was
available @ the TSBD).

2.) Linnie Randle.

3.) Marina Oswald.

4.) Ruth Paine.

5.) Roy Truly.

Oswald's Depository job came via the actions and/or recommendations of
all of the above individuals. And I defy ANYONE to come up with ONE
SINGLE VALID REASON (not to mention provide some actual concrete PROOF
of complicity in the conspiracy) as to why any of the above people
would have had any reason to become involved in a plot to kill John F.
Kennedy.

thed...@yahoo.com

Mar 20, 2005, 5:41:44 PM3/20/05
David VP wrote:

> Oswald's Depository job came via the actions and/or recommendations
of
> all of the above individuals. And I defy ANYONE to come up with ONE
> SINGLE VALID REASON (not to mention provide some actual concrete
PROOF
> of complicity in the conspiracy) as to why any of the above people
> would have had any reason to become involved in a plot to kill John
F.
> Kennedy.

You do not need everyone on that list. If some parts of some of the
stories are intelligent fabrications then some of those people can be
totally innocent. And on this subject I must say that I always thought
it was silly to think Ruth Payne was CIA (or something other than what
she appeared) but after reading her testimony before the New Orleans
Grand Jury I do say I really wonder now about her.

I struck me that in that time, and with a man she stated she did not
ever wish to get in an arguement with, that Mrs. Payne would make the
calls she did on Oswalds behalf.

Darque
(-)

Peter Fokes

Mar 20, 2005, 5:49:51 PM3/20/05

The correct spelling is Mrs. Paine. You might find the book, Mrs.
Paine's Garage of some interest.

PF

>(-)

tytr...@aol.com

Mar 20, 2005, 8:46:44 PM3/20/05
Yes they did recommend the job to him and of course were not "involved".
The question still remains why Oswald would only apply for work at
locations along the motorcade route before the route was public knowledge.
The statistics of that being a coicidence is staggering. And why would
Oswald accept a job that paid $100 less per month ( a significant amount
back then) than at least 2 of the other known job prospects? Oswald may
have been "told" what job to accept or for some reason just happened to
take the "right" job (at least as far as his "handler" was concerned if
the "inside job" logic is followed for argument sake).

As for the Trade Mart choice Advance Man Jerry Bruno makes it very clear
in his book that Governor Connally mislead Kenny O'Donnell and the White
House and choose the Trade Mart over his (Bruno's) recommendations and to
his (Bruno's) complete surprise. According to Bruno Connally threatened to
cancel the whole trip unless the Trade Mart was the site of the luncheon.

Canuck

Mar 20, 2005, 8:49:51 PM3/20/05
Actually her name is spelled "P-A-I-N-E". Early reports spelled it
"P-A-Y-N-E". - prw

David VP

Mar 20, 2005, 8:54:21 PM3/20/05
>> "You do not need everyone on that list."

Yeah, I think you do. Because if just one of these people doesn't
follow-up with the job recommendation, chances are that Oswald would
never have been hired and would not have been on that 6th Floor of the
Depository on 11/22.

I.E.:

Frazier is the first link, because it's Frazier who works @ the TSBD
and knows in the first place a job is available there.

Frazier then has to tell sister Randle, who in turn must say something
to Marina and Ruth Paine (at the coffee-break get-together @ Paine's
home a half a block down the street from Frazier's/Randle's home).

Then Marina must follow-up and tell Lee. And then there's Paine
actually making the personal pitch/phone call on Oswald's behalf.

And then two other important things MUST occur in order for these
incredle "plotters" to get Oswald "planted" in the TSBD ---

Oswald has got to WANT to go for the job interview --

and

Roy Truly has to actually hire Oswald.

Failing any of the above, Oswald does not get the Depository job.

If 19-yr.-old Frazier (who STARTED the job-hunting ball rolling for LHO
by mentioning to his sister there was an opening) was the only
"conspirator" in this group -- why didn't he act upon it HIMSELF,
instead of passing it on to Linnie Mae?

It's a domino effect that got LHO that job -- and the idea he was
"placed" in the building is simply an absurd and asinine notion, and
everybody knows it.

And to those who point an accusing finger at Ruth Paine ONLY in this
"plot" to get Oswald hired --- That's absurd as well, because she
wasn't even made aware of the Depository opening until after being told
about it by Randle.

Like the assassination itself, Oswald got his job just by a chain of
purely innocent acts and recommendations by a group of people who would
have had no reason to join forces and conspire to kill the President.

greg

Mar 21, 2005, 10:11:36 AM3/21/05

"David VP" <davev...@aol.com> wrote in message

>>> "You do not need everyone on that list."
>
> Yeah, I think you do. Because if just one of these people doesn't
> follow-up with the job recommendation, chances are that Oswald would
> never have been hired and would not have been on that 6th Floor of the
> Depository on 11/22.
>
> I.E.:
>
> Frazier is the first link, because it's Frazier who works @ the TSBD
> and knows in the first place a job is available there.
>
> Frazier then has to tell sister Randle

Too bad your link breaks right here.

Mr. BALL. Was there anything said then about the Texas School Book
Depository as a place he might get a job?
Mrs. RANDLE. Well, we didn't say that he might get a job, because I didn't
know there was a job open.

, who in turn must say something
> to Marina and Ruth Paine (at the coffee-break get-together @ Paine's
> home a half a block down the street from Frazier's/Randle's home).

Wrong place. Try Mrs Roberts.

> Then Marina must follow-up and tell Lee. And then there's Paine
> actually making the personal pitch/phone call on Oswald's behalf.

> And then two other important things MUST occur in order for these
> incredle "plotters" to get Oswald "planted" in the TSBD ---
>
> Oswald has got to WANT to go for the job interview --
>
> and
>
> Roy Truly has to actually hire Oswald.
>
> Failing any of the above, Oswald does not get the Depository job.

It fails. So how did he get the job, again?

> If 19-yr.-old Frazier (who STARTED the job-hunting ball rolling for LHO
> by mentioning to his sister there was an opening)

No he never.

was the only
> "conspirator" in this group -- why didn't he act upon it HIMSELF,
> instead of passing it on to Linnie Mae?

Act upon what???

> It's a domino effect that got LHO that job

But you're playing with missing dominos. No fair blowing them over.

-- and the idea he was
> "placed" in the building is simply an absurd and asinine notion, and
> everybody knows it.

"Everybody"?

hehe

Mr. BALL. When you went to work there, did. you work at the building on the
corner of Houston and Elm?
Mr. WILLIAMS. No, sir. The first time I went there I was hired on at the
other warehouse, the lower part of Houston Street.
Mr. BALL. By lower part, do you mean north of the main building?
Mr. WILLIAMS. Yes, sir. Down further, the big white building.
Mr. BALL. That is sort of a warehouse?
Mr. WILLIAMS. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. You went to work there. That is about a block, a block and a half
north?
Mr. WILLIAMS. A block and a half.
Mr. BALL. North of the corner of Houston and Elm?
Mr. WILLIAMS. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. And how long did you work at that place?
Mr. WILLIAMS. Well, I worked there until business began to get slow. I think
that was--it was before November. I think it was some time during October. I
am not sure.
Mr. BALL. And what did they put you to work at at that time?
Mr. WILLIAMS. They called me up to help lay a floor on the fifth floor, they
wanted more boards over it. As I say, business was slow, and they were
trying to keep us on without laying us off at the time. So I was using the
saw, helping cut wood and lay wood.

Business was slow.

Normally when business slow, this is what happened to employees:

Mr. GIVENS. Well, I Just, you know, sometimes I had some days to layoff
during the slack season, like it is now, and when it' is rush season he
calls you back.
Mr. BELIN. So it was just a question of being laid off during the slack
season?
Mr. GIVENS. Yes, sir.

They got laid off. "Ceptin' this time the TSBD goes all pinko by charitably
creating work instead of laying them off. Bingo! We now have a temporary
vacancy for an order filler.

> And to those who point an accusing finger at Ruth Paine ONLY in this
> "plot" to get Oswald hired --- That's absurd as well, because she
> wasn't even made aware of the Depository opening until after being told
> about it by Randle.

Too bad Randle disagrees with you on that.

> Like the assassination itself, Oswald got his job just by a chain of
> purely innocent acts and recommendations by a group of people who would
> have had no reason to join forces and conspire to kill the President.

You haven't got a chain. Start again -- this time using the actual evidence.

greg

Gerry Simone (W)

Mar 21, 2005, 7:19:44 PM3/21/05
Tony,

When you say dictated by logistics, is that to permit access to the turn off
on the freeway to the Trade Mart which would have otherwise been blocked by
a barrier or curb?

"Anthony Marsh" <ama...@quik.com> wrote in message

thed...@yahoo.com

Mar 21, 2005, 8:30:13 PM3/21/05
Peter & Canuck,

I have been reading mostly old transcripts and news reports of late,
probably why Payne jumped out rather than the correct spelling. I am aware
of that book but never thought it was of interest. Now however, with my
new found confusion over who, or what, this woman might be I will have to
dig up a copy.

Since two different people pointed out my misspelling I will attempt to be
more careful with my names.

I think guiding a subject is a tricky thing, it is very much a go with the
flow as things present themselves. You take part of what someone did in
fact say, and alter it a bit when you present it to the subject. People
then to forget small talk like that unless something remarkable happens so
this technique works most of the time. It seems to me the job offer for
Oswald followed that sort of style.

Christopher
Darque
(-)

Gerry Simone (W)

Mar 21, 2005, 8:36:14 PM3/21/05
Good question. It might be that Oswald was a co-conspirator then (I can't
believe he acted alone), or innocent but undercover-informant and knew of
the plot.

"SO" <nos...@whatever.net> wrote in message

Anthony Marsh

Mar 22, 2005, 12:16:24 AM3/22/05
tomnln wrote:

> BOTTOM POST

> "Anthony Marsh" <ama...@quik.com> wrote in message
>

> WRONG
> Motorcades Usually went straight down/up Main St.
> See aattached Warrenn Commission Exhibit.

What the hell are you talking about? That has nothing to do with a
motorcade FROM the airport.

thed...@yahoo.com

Mar 22, 2005, 9:56:28 PM3/22/05
It has been interesting to myself to observe how my own opinions on
this have changed over the years. I remember being very young (I was
born in 1962) and knowing about the President who was killed by this
nut named LHO.

Once I got into my teens and began to read and study a bit about it the
obvious conculsion was that there had to be more to the story than the
WC version.

Now with access to transcripts from New Orleans, the WC, the HSCA, and
of course the infernal tapes of LBJ, I do not believe that LHO fired a
single shot. Every thing we know for a fact he said after being
arrested, the lack of recording of the questioning he was put under,
and his sad end, are all perfectly consistant when seen from that point
of view.

The current difficulty I have with my view of this case is resolving
the things which show LHO as involved in the plot in various ways,
evidence that he was being guided with or very possibly without his
knowledge, with the fact that I do not believe he did any shooting.
After reading his transcript I tend to believe Perry Russo, but to be
discussing the need for a patsy, and then to become it is just hard to
understand.

Darque
(-)

David VP

Mar 22, 2005, 10:38:33 AM3/22/05
>> "You haven't got a chain. Start again -- this time using the actual
evidence."

You're sadly mistaken if you think I HAVE NOT utilized the "evidence"
in this instance. And you're also sadly mistaken if you think the
"chain has been broken" with Mrs. Randle. The chain is fully intact --
from Frazier - to Randle - to Paine - to Marina - to LHO - to Truly.

You've "broken" the chain at Randle without any valid reason for doing
so -- because we KNOW that Ruth & Marina were given the info about a
"possible opening at the Depository" by Linnie Mae Randle, who
obviously got that tidbit of info via her own brother (Buell Wesley
Frazier), who worked there himself.

Mock Trial of LHO ("On Trial: Lee Harvey Oswald"; Nov. 1986) ..........

RUTH PAINE (under oath when questioned by Vincent T. Bugliosi):
"Another neighbor who was there said that her brother was working at
the Texas School Book Depository, and he mentioned that they may have
more openings there."

You've misrepresented Linnie Mae's testimony quite obviously. Linnie
Mae might not have KNOWN that an opening existed at the Book Depository
-- but the "chain" certainly was NOT broken with Linnie Mae. Because
Linnie obviously mentioned to Ruth & Marina during this neighborhood
coffee break that an opening MIGHT be available at the TSBD, and Mrs.
Paine verifies this fact (under oath) in 1986.

Plus, there's this WC testimony from Linnie Mae that you conveniently
omitted.........

Mr. BALL. And then you also mentioned the Texas Book Depository?
Mrs. RANDLE. Well, I didn't know there was a job opening over there.
Mr. BALL. But did you mention it?
Mrs. RANDLE. But we said he might try over there. There might be work
over there because it was the busy season but I didn't have any
previous knowledge that there was any job opening.

Anthony Marsh

Mar 22, 2005, 3:31:15 PM3/22/05
Gerry Simone (W) wrote:

> Tony,
>
> When you say dictated by logistics, is that to permit access to the turn off
> on the freeway to the Trade Mart which would have otherwise been blocked by
> a barrier or curb?

Yes, that sort of thing.

greg

Mar 24, 2005, 9:03:35 PM3/24/05

>>> "You haven't got a chain. Start again -- this time using the actual
> evidence."
>
> You're sadly mistaken if you think I HAVE NOT utilized the "evidence"
> in this instance.

Ok, David. Here is what you said:

quote on

[...]

quote off

Please show where told his sister there was a job opening. Show where Randle
told RP there was a job opening.

Ooops. That's right. I've already showed you she said she had no idea if
there was an opening, or not.

And you're also sadly mistaken if you think the
> "chain has been broken" with Mrs. Randle. The chain is fully intact --
> from Frazier - to Randle - to Paine - to Marina - to LHO - to Truly.

You're right. I was being kind. It breaks at the first link with Frazier.

> You've "broken" the chain at Randle without any valid reason for doing
> so

Right. See above.

-- because we KNOW that Ruth & Marina were given the info about a
> "possible opening at the Depository" by Linnie Mae Randle, who
> obviously got that tidbit of info via her own brother (Buell Wesley
> Frazier), who worked there himself.

Why the quote marks here on "possible opening at the Depository"? You're
quoting yourself. You're certainly not quoting Linnie Mae. What she
repeatedly said in various ways was that she had no knowledge of any
possible job opening there.

> Mock Trial of LHO ("On Trial: Lee Harvey Oswald"; Nov. 1986) ..........
>
> RUTH PAINE (under oath when questioned by Vincent T. Bugliosi):
> "Another neighbor who was there said that her brother was working at
> the Texas School Book Depository, and he mentioned that they may have
> more openings there."

I'll see your Mock Trial and raise you one MAD President's Commission!

PHIL SPECTOR: Did any of those colored boys sing backup at all?
ALFRED NEWMAN (channelling LEE HARVEY OSWALD): I, uh, I did hear Bonnie Ray
Cyrus hum a catchy little tune once, but I ah, I don't see what... what does
this have to do with --
PHIL SPECTOR: I'll ask the questions around here, if you don't mind, Mr
Oswald. Now. I have here a Dallas Police dictabelt recording. I'd like you
to listen to it and give me your impressions.
(Witness listens to recording)
ALFRED NEWMAN (channelling LEE HARVEY OSWALD): I, ah, I don't know. Hard to
make anything out. Best I could describe it, it's like a... like a wall of
sound.
PHIL SPECTOR: Wall of sound... wall of sound. Say, that's not bad. I'll
remember that...
(recess taken while Commissioner Geraldo Nissan-Cedric watches Calvin and
the Colonel. Session resumes during Nissan-Cedric's afternoon nap)
PHIL SPECTOR: Isn't it true, Mr Oswald, that you tortured cute, cuddly baby
seals as a child?
ALFRED NEWMAN (channelling LEE HARVEY OSWALD): I... I...Wha? How do I answer
such a question, sir? I demand my rights!
PHIL SPECTOR: (instructs stenographer to record a refusal to answer the
question)
DICK MUSCLE: Mr Oswald, we have conflicting reports on how you got the job
at that warehouse. What can you tell us about that?
ALFRED NEWMAN (channelling LEE HARVEY OSWALD): Don't you bring Mrs Paine
into this. She had nothing to do with it...

> You've misrepresented Linnie Mae's testimony quite obviously. Linnie
> Mae might not have KNOWN that an opening existed at the Book Depository
> -- but the "chain" certainly was NOT broken with Linnie Mae. Because
> Linnie obviously mentioned to Ruth & Marina during this neighborhood
> coffee break that an opening MIGHT be available at the TSBD, and Mrs.
> Paine verifies this fact (under oath) in 1986.

ROFLMAO

> Plus, there's this WC testimony from Linnie Mae that you conveniently
> omitted.........
>
> Mr. BALL. And then you also mentioned the Texas Book Depository?
> Mrs. RANDLE. Well, I didn't know there was a job opening over there.
> Mr. BALL. But did you mention it?
> Mrs. RANDLE. But we said he might try over there. There might be work
> over there because it was the busy season but I didn't have any
> previous knowledge that there was any job opening.

Conveniently because it says essentially the same thing. No knowledge of any
job there which completely contradicts your original claim that, "Frazier is

the first link, because it's Frazier who works @ the TSBD and knows in the

first place a job is available there." See the difference? You claimed
Frazier KNEW there was a job there... and he told Linnie Mae there was a
job there etc etc. But that's just flat out your vivid imagination at work,
isn't it, David?

And talk about convenient ommissions... Linnie Mae testifying that it was
the busy season is hearsay evidence.

Please address what Williams and Givens KNEW first hand:

Business was slow.

greg

thed...@yahoo.com

Apr 9, 2005, 11:24:04 PM4/9/05
tytrum wrote:

>As for the Trade Mart choice Advance Man Jerry Bruno makes it very clear
>in his book that Governor Connally mislead Kenny O'Donnell and the White
>House and choose the Trade Mart over his (Bruno's) recommendations and to
>his (Bruno's) complete surprise. According to Bruno Connally threatened to
>cancel the whole trip unless the Trade Mart was the site of the luncheon

That is one of those things which tends to push me back towards LBJ as
involved before the fact, although generally I think of him as doing most
of what he did after the fact.

It also connects with the following:

LBJ: How did it happen they hit Connally..

JEH Connally turned.. to the President.. when the first short was
fired...
and I think in that turning.. it was where he got hit.

LBJ If he handn't turned.. he probably wouldn't have got hit?

JEH I think that is very likely.

LBJ Would the President 've got hit the second one?

JEH No, the President wasn't hit with the second one...

LBJ I say, if Connally hadn't been in his way?

JEH Oh, yes.. yes...the President would no doubt have been hit..

LBJ He would have been hit three times...

Source: LBJ_11-20-63_Hoover.pdf
www.historymatters.com

That exchange has always sounded to me like LBJ looking for an
explaination to give to Connally. I never understood how what is said
makes sense, Connally was in front of JFK how could turning put Connally
'in his way'? It does make sense if someone were to say be shooting from
the front though.

Many people have pointed to the statement: How did it happen they hit
Connally?

Granted 'they' could be taken to mean more than one shooter, and might
eventually be proven so, but it could also just some bad english,
something LBJ had a problem with at times.

There is also the story that Johnson tried to get Connally and Senator
Yardbough (sp?) switched in positions. That would have put the Senator,
who was an adversary of LBJ in the line of fire. People have often asked
'How could LBJ be involved and put his own dear friend in harm's way'. I
do not think he intended to do that but could not get it changed.

What he intended was to risk someone he would not have minded seeing gone
and that makes perfect sense.

Darque
(-)

tytr...@aol.com

Apr 11, 2005, 11:21:47 AM4/11/05
Johnson tried to get Yarborough and Connally switched?? That's very
very interesting. Do you have a source for that? We know it was JFK
that wanted Yarborough and LBJ to sit together no matter what for the
illusion of "unity". Yarborough later told the press he smelled
"gunpowder all the way to the hospital" and was quoted at the hospital
saying he thought "the Secret Service returned fire". Those statements
combined with his statement that the Limo "slowed down to a virtual
stop... it wasn't stopped but it was virtually stopped" during the
shooting were all statements not in tune with the WR thesis.

Ty

thed...@yahoo.com

Apr 11, 2005, 10:04:05 PM4/11/05
tytr...@aol.com wrote:

> Johnson tried to get Yarborough and Connally switched?? That's very
> very interesting. Do you have a source for that? We know it was JFK
> that wanted Yarborough and LBJ to sit together no matter what for the
> illusion of "unity".

It is a story I have read in a couple of different places. I am not
sure what sort of official testimony exists to support it although the
text below suggests that the hotel staff and the First Lady may have
contributed to it.

Makes sense to me though Johnson was not the type to willingly 'suffer
fools' and he and Yardborough had a history of conflict.

I would imagine this book is not going to be a favorite of many people
here but...

>From "The Texas Connection"

On Thursday evrning, November 21, 1963, Johnson entered Kennedy's suite.

Only hours before JFK's death, an argument erupted in the suite so violent
that the First Lady heard shouting in the next room. Even the hotel staff
heard the two men having an exceptionally forceful argument. The noise
suddenly abated and Johnson left the presidental suite "like a pistol"
with his arms and legs pumping up and down, and looking furious.

What did the two argue about? They fought about Johnson's demand to change
the seating position in the cars on the morning of the motorcade. Kennedy
had Johnson riding with Johnson's enemy US Senator Ralph Yardborough.
Johnson however demanded that Senator Yardborough ride with Kennedy...
leaving Johnson and Connally traveling together in a trailing car.

Darque
(-)

thed...@yahoo.com

Apr 11, 2005, 10:06:09 PM4/11/05
I should have added the following, the source for the argument info is
listed as follows:

LBJ and Kennedy fight: Manchester: Dth. Pres., pg 82

which refers to?

Manchester, William "The Death of a President: November 20-25, 1963"

Darque
(-)

tytr...@aol.com

Apr 12, 2005, 1:20:10 AM4/12/05
Thanks. I knew there were reports of a fight and Johnson wanting
Yarborough out of his car is one thing ...Wanting him in the Presidential
limo as well is quite another. As E.A. Poe wrote "That which is most
simple and obvious is the hardest to fathom". Johnson blurting out "At
least wait until next November before you shoot him down"on April 23rd in
Dallas while announcing JFK's Texas trip prematurely(Front Page Dallas
Times Herald April 24th 1963) should give one pause as well.

Ty

jessie

Apr 18, 2005, 10:49:29 PM4/18/05

This certainly points a finger at Connally, and suggests that Connally was
not hit accidentally. Could be his cry of "Oh, no, no, no" indicated that
he suddenly realized he was being taken out to eliminate a possible loose
end? Also was Connally ever questioned about his reported insistence on
this route?

jessie

tomnln

Apr 19, 2005, 12:13:34 AM4/19/05
Please quote JBC correctly.

"Oh No, they're gonna kill us ALL".

Also the FACT that Yarborough was supposed to ride in the Presidential
Limo.

Also the Fact that Connally worked dor 1 1/2 years getting JFK to visit
Texas.

"jessie" <p...@austin.com> wrote in message

thed...@yahoo.com

Apr 19, 2005, 7:26:49 AM4/19/05
thed...@yahoo.com wrote:

> The current difficulty I have with my view of this case is resolving
> the things which show LHO as involved in the plot in various ways,
> evidence that he was being guided with or very possibly without his

Since this has been the last post for a bit I want to update it a
little.

Putting the puzzle piece into place that says Jim Garrison saw a
production of an assassination but not the actual one fits the facts
pretty well. Real in the sense that certain of the events happened, but
not the real crime. This explains why RFK did not take the simple route
to end the matter in the LA Grand Jury, technically what Garrison was
looking at was a crime, conspiring to kill the President, but it was
not the real crime so he just put up the wall of Executive Privledge
and let Garrison and the Grand Jury draw the conclusions.

Darque
(-)

Anthony Marsh

Apr 19, 2005, 7:49:31 PM4/19/05
tomnln wrote:

> Please quote JBC correctly.

Please quote John Connally correctly.

> "Oh No, they're gonna kill us ALL".

That is not exactly what he said.

> Also the FACT that Yarborough was supposed to ride in the Presidential
> Limo.

Wanted to, never was going to. The question was whether he should ride
with LBJ.

> Also the Fact that Connally worked dor 1 1/2 years getting JFK to visit
> Texas.

Not just to kill him. Remember, Connally at that time was still a
Democrat and a lukewarm Kennedy supporter.
When Kennedy announced the Space Race, who do you think had the biggest
grin from ear to ear?

tytr...@aol.com

Apr 20, 2005, 12:45:17 AM4/20/05
I believe Jim Bishop quotes Connally as saying " Oh No No No they're
going to kill us both".