If Only....

David Von Pein

Aug 9, 2010, 2:22:53 PM8/9/10

http://JFK-Archives.blogspot.com/2010/08/if-only.html

As they say, hindsight is always 20/20, and all tragic events in the
history of mankind can undoubtedly be subjected to the same kind of
list that I have created below, which is an "If Only" list pertaining
to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy on November 22,
1963.

"If Only" just one or two of the things on my list below had actually
occurred, then not only would a whole lot of controversy have been
avoided in the wake of JFK's murder, but the 35th President very
likely would have lived to give his speech at the Dallas Trade Mart on
Friday, November the 22nd. If Only....

IF ONLY .... Lee Harvey Oswald had been successful in his suicide
attempt in Russia on October 21, 1959.

IF ONLY .... Bonnie Ray Williams had decided to watch the Presidential
motorcade from the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository,
instead of going down to the fifth floor shortly before President
Kennedy drove past the building.

IF ONLY .... TSBD Superintendent Roy Truly had not hired Lee Harvey
Oswald on October 15, 1963.

IF ONLY .... Roy Truly had assigned Oswald to work at the Houston
Street TSBD building, instead of the building at 411 Elm Street in
Dealey Plaza.

IF ONLY .... Lee Harvey Oswald's Mannlicher-Carcano rifle had jammed
at Z313.

IF ONLY .... Marina Oswald had agreed to immediately go back to Dallas
to live with her husband when Lee asked her to do so on Thursday,
November 21, 1963.

IF ONLY .... Linnie Mae Randle's house had been located further away
from Ruth Paine's house in Irving, Texas. If Randle hadn't lived so
close to the Paine home, it's very likely that Lee Oswald would never
have found out about the job opening at the Texas School Book
Depository.

IF ONLY .... it hadn't stopped raining in Dallas on the morning of
11/22/63, shortly prior to JFK's motorcade through the city. If the
rain had continued, then the plastic bubbletop roof would have been
affixed to the President's 1961 Lincoln Continental limousine as JFK
was being driven through the streets of Dallas, which might have
deflected the bullets away from the President's body. The roof might
have also deterred Oswald from firing any rifle shots at the car in
the first place (if Oswald had been of the opinion that the bubbletop
roof was bullet-proof, which it wasn't).

IF ONLY .... Arnold Rowland had alerted a policeman about the gunman
he saw on the west end of the Book Depository Building at
approximately 12:15 PM on 11/22/63.

IF ONLY .... Buell Wesley Frazier had been unable to drive Lee Harvey
Oswald to work on the morning of November 22nd. What would Oswald have
done then? Carry his rifle package on a bus? Or in a taxicab? Or would
he have awakened Ruth Paine and asked her to drive him to work, with
the 38-inch-long brown paper package in the back of Mrs. Paine's
Chevrolet station wagon?

IF ONLY .... Lee Oswald's paper bag had ripped open on the way to
work. If it had ripped, it might have allowed Wesley Frazier to see
what was inside the bag (a rifle), and it might have made Oswald think
twice about using that now-exposed weapon as an instrument in a
Presidential assassination attempt a few hours later.

IF ONLY .... Police Officer Marrion Baker had detained Lee Harvey
Oswald on the second floor of the TSBD. If Baker hadn't turned Oswald
loose in the lunchroom, the life of policeman J.D. Tippit would have
been spared.

IF ONLY .... Lee Harvey Oswald had been caught in the act of
attempting to kill retired General Edwin A. Walker on April 10, 1963.

IF ONLY .... Lee Harvey Oswald had been successful in his attempt to
reach Cuba and/or the Soviet Union during his trip to Mexico City in
September 1963. If he would had gone to Cuba or Russia in September,
would he have returned to Dallas, Texas, in November to shoot
President Kennedy?

IF ONLY .... Ruth Paine had not met Lee and Marina Oswald at a party
in February of 1963.

IF ONLY .... the Texas Employment Commission had attempted to contact
Lee Harvey Oswald just a day or two earlier than they did, to inform
Oswald of a job opening at Trans-Texas Airways (a job that would have
paid Oswald $310 per month, which is over $100 more per month than his
TSBD salary).

Records indicate that the Texas Employment Commission attempted to
contact Oswald by telephone on October 15, 1963, which was the exact
same day he was hired by Roy Truly at the Book Depository.

Records further indicate that the TEC last attempted to contact Oswald
about the Trans-Texas job at 10:30 AM on October 16, 1963, which was
the same day Oswald began working at the TSBD.

IF ONLY .... Bullet CE399 hadn't fallen out of Governor John
Connally's left leg. If that bullet had remained in Connally's thigh,
instead of falling onto his hospital stretcher, it would have saved
millions of words from being written by conspiracy theorists about the
bullet having been "planted".

IF ONLY .... Karen Carlin had waited for one more hour to call Jack
Ruby on November 24, 1963. Such a delay on Carlin's behalf would have
meant Ruby could never have shot Oswald as he did in the basement of
Dallas City Hall.

IF ONLY .... One more customer had been in front of Jack Ruby at the
Western Union office.

IF ONLY .... Lee Harvey Oswald hadn't taken the time to put on that
black sweater before being escorted into the basement.

IF ONLY .... Jack Ruby had not owned a revolver.

IF ONLY .... Jacqueline Kennedy had pushed her husband down inside the
limousine before the fatal bullet had a chance to hit its mark.

If only.

David Von Pein
August 2010

WhiskyJoe

Aug 10, 2010, 12:16:40 AM8/10/10

If only there was no bend in Elm Street. Most of
downtown Dallas is a grid, which generally
provides difficult shots, hence the miss at z152.
But after z152, Elm Street curves right and by
z221 is heading almost directly away from Oswald,
giving him an almost perfect angle for the shots
at z221 and z312.

If only the Carcano rifle did not have sights fixed
to 200 meters, giving Oswald almost the perfect
lead for the shots at z221 and z312. If the sights
were adjustable, like most rifles, he may have used
an inappropriate range setting.

If only Jackie had realized right away that JFK was
wounded, she might have pulled him down before Oswald
could get in a good shot. I don't think an average
person would react fast enough. But, had she been
looking right at him and seen the blood, it might
have happened.

If only the driver had reacted with the first shot
and sped off. Of course, such a driver would never
drive in a motorcade again the first time an
escorting motorcycle had a backfire.

mark drenning

Aug 10, 2010, 3:27:35 PM8/10/10
you forgot one if only Marina Oswald had told someone perhaps Ruth Payne
her insane husband tried to kill general Walker

Bud

Aug 11, 2010, 12:46:50 AM8/11/10
On Aug 9, 2:22 pm, David Von Pein <davevonp...@aol.com> wrote:
> http://JFK-Archives.blogspot.com/2010/08/if-only.html
>
> As they say, hindsight is always 20/20, and all tragic events in the
> history of mankind can undoubtedly be subjected to the same kind of
> list that I have created below, which is an "If Only" list pertaining
> to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy on November 22,
> 1963.
>
> "If Only" just one or two of the things on my list below had actually
> occurred, then not only would a whole lot of controversy have been
> avoided in the wake of JFK's murder, but the 35th President very
> likely would have lived to give his speech at the Dallas Trade Mart on
> Friday, November the 22nd. If Only....

> IF ONLY .... Lee Harvey Oswald had been successful in his suicide
> attempt in Russia on October 21, 1959.

Narcissists never kill themselves. The biggest threat to his life was
treatment at the hands of Russian medicine. They might even have tried to
bleed him.

> IF ONLY .... Bonnie Ray Williams had decided to watch the Presidential
> motorcade from the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository,
> instead of going down to the fifth floor shortly before President
> Kennedy drove past the building.

Might have got a hammer in his skull for his choice.

> IF ONLY .... TSBD Superintendent Roy Truly had not hired Lee Harvey
> Oswald on October 15, 1963.

Or something good was on TV when Oswald was conceived.

> IF ONLY .... Roy Truly had assigned Oswald to work at the Houston
> Street TSBD building, instead of the building at 411 Elm Street in
> Dealey Plaza.
>
> IF ONLY .... Lee Harvey Oswald's Mannlicher-Carcano rifle had jammed
> at Z313.
>
> IF ONLY .... Marina Oswald had agreed to immediately go back to Dallas
> to live with her husband when Lee asked her to do so on Thursday,
> November 21, 1963.

Or smothered him with a pillow as he slept.

> IF ONLY .... Linnie Mae Randle's house had been located further away
> from Ruth Paine's house in Irving, Texas. If Randle hadn't lived so
> close to the Paine home, it's very likely that Lee Oswald would never
> have found out about the job opening at the Texas School Book
> Depository.

Or if her brother said "Let me see those curtain rods, Lee".

> IF ONLY .... it hadn't stopped raining in Dallas on the morning of
> 11/22/63, shortly prior to JFK's motorcade through the city. If the
> rain had continued, then the plastic bubbletop roof would have been
> affixed to the President's 1961 Lincoln Continental limousine as JFK
> was being driven through the streets of Dallas, which might have
> deflected the bullets away from the President's body. The roof might
> have also deterred Oswald from firing any rifle shots at the car in
> the first place (if Oswald had been of the opinion that the bubbletop
> roof was bullet-proof, which it wasn't).

JFK lives, everybody else in the car dies.

> IF ONLY .... Arnold Rowland had alerted a policeman about the gunman
> he saw on the west end of the Book Depository Building at
> approximately 12:15 PM on 11/22/63.

Well, he did tell his wife.

Working Love Field?

And it seems likely to me had history taken this course, he would
have hijacked a plane to Cuba.

> Records indicate that the Texas Employment Commission attempted to
> contact Oswald by telephone on October 15, 1963, which was the exact
> same day he was hired by Roy Truly at the Book Depository.
>
> Records further indicate that the TEC last attempted to contact Oswald
> about the Trans-Texas job at 10:30 AM on October 16, 1963, which was
> the same day Oswald began working at the TSBD.
>
> IF ONLY .... Bullet CE399 hadn't fallen out of Governor John
> Connally's left leg. If that bullet had remained in Connally's thigh,
> instead of falling onto his hospital stretcher, it would have saved
> millions of words from being written by conspiracy theorists about the
> bullet having been "planted".
>
> IF ONLY .... Karen Carlin had waited for one more hour to call Jack
> Ruby on November 24, 1963. Such a delay on Carlin's behalf would have
> meant Ruby could never have shot Oswald as he did in the basement of
> Dallas City Hall.
>
> IF ONLY .... One more customer had been in front of Jack Ruby at the
> Western Union office.
>
> IF ONLY .... Lee Harvey Oswald hadn't taken the time to put on that
> black sweater before being escorted into the basement.
>
> IF ONLY .... Jack Ruby had not owned a revolver.

It would have been cooler had he went full gangster mode and used a
tommy gun.

> IF ONLY .... Jacqueline Kennedy had pushed her husband down inside the
> limousine before the fatal bullet had a chance to hit its mark.

She did her best to hold him up.

Bill Kelly

Aug 18, 2010, 10:39:29 AM8/18/10
> > August 2010- Hide quoted text -

Yea, so many ifs, that I now belive that there were only two things
that the conspirators knew for certain would happen, and that's JFK
would not leave
Dealey Plaza alive, and that Oswald would be blamed for the crime, and
everything else just happened by happenstance and coincidence.

BK

Bud

Aug 18, 2010, 10:57:45 PM8/18/10

> Yea, so many ifs, that I now belive that there were only two things
> that the conspirators knew for certain would happen, and that's JFK
> would not leave
> Dealey Plaza alive, and that Oswald would be blamed for the crime, and
> everything else just happened by happenstance and coincidence.

That after so much time and effort you can only say "the conspirators"
shows what a bankrupt idea conspiracy in this event actually is. You may
as well be saying "leprechauns".

> BK

Bill Kelly

Aug 20, 2010, 10:55:32 AM8/20/10
> > BK- Hide quoted text -

Hi Bud,

I like that!

The Leprechauns of Dealey Plaza.

Now whenever there's a black hole in the chain of evidence or the
story,
like Oswald being at work when the money order for the weapons were
mailed
and the weapons picked up at the Post Office, I'm just going to fill
in the blanks
with the Leprechauns of DP.

They can do the trick if Oswald couldn't.,

BK

Bud

Aug 20, 2010, 10:10:18 PM8/20/10

<snicker> Who is your source for Oswald being at work, Oswald?