Harold Weisberg

David Von Pein

Oct 6, 2011, 3:31:13 PM10/6/11

Was the late Harold Weisberg a top-flight JFK assassination
researcher? Or was he just another one of the many "Oswald Didn't Fire
A Shot" conspiracy nuts?

http://JFK-Archives.blogspot.com/2011/10/harold-weisberg.html

Ace Kefford

Oct 11, 2011, 8:50:40 AM10/11/11

David,

I would answer "both"! A crack researcher, but also a dogmatic, close-
minded advocate for a certain person, contrary facts or readings of
the evidence notwithstanding.

I still get a kick out of reading his stuff. He can take one
statement in an official document, a mistake in testimony or a less
than artful phrase and construct out of it an incredible tale of
nefarious cover-up.

I understand he did not think much of Lifton, but I do see Lifton in
some ways as the heir to that style of "argument".

Ace

Anthony Marsh

Oct 11, 2011, 11:46:38 PM10/11/11
Where does he say that he is sure that Oswald did not fire any shots?
Which book, which page?

David Von Pein

Oct 12, 2011, 12:37:36 AM10/12/11

>>> "Where does he say that he is sure that Oswald did not fire any shots?
Which book, which page?" <<<

If you're referring to Weisberg, we certainly don't need a book to confirm
his opinion about LHO firing no shots -- because we've got Weisberg on
audio tape saying it...right here:

http://www.box.net/shared/3rrtvmfia343qhdiihcn

"I'm inclined to think that Oswald did no shooting at all, and I
have no reason to believe that any of the shooting came from the sixth
floor. All of the evidence that tends to indicate that is corrupted in one
way or another." -- H. Weisberg

Anthony Marsh

Oct 12, 2011, 3:02:30 PM10/12/11

Not the same thing. He is expressing doubt, not certainty. This is a
typical WC defender trick which you guys always use to misrepresent
testimony.

David Von Pein

Oct 12, 2011, 11:32:56 PM10/12/11

>>> "Not the same thing. He [Harold Weisberg] is expressing doubt, not
certainty. This is a typical WC defender trick which you guys always use
to misrepresent testimony." <<<

So, per Marsh, even though I provided a verbatim quote from Weisberg's
lips (along with an audio clip for verification), I am still
"misrepresenting" what Harold W. said (and what he thinks).

Marsh is incredible.

And if Marsh thinks Weisberg's comment about no shots at all coming from
the sixth floor was merely Weisberg expressing a degree of "uncertainty"
on the matter, then Tony better think again. Because the statement
repeated below seems to be a statement from a person who was pretty
"certain" that no shots came from the sixth floor (despite a wealth of
evidence to prove that Weisberg was nuts re this comment; and keep in mind
that Weisberg had been "investigating" the case for more than TWENTY YEARS
when he said this too):

"I have no reason to believe that any of the shooting came from the
sixth floor. All of the evidence that tends to indicate that is corrupted

in one way or another." -- Harold Weisberg

Anthony Marsh

Oct 13, 2011, 7:16:16 AM10/13/11
On 10/12/2011 11:32 PM, David Von Pein wrote:

> certainty. This is a typical WC defender trick which you guys always use
> to misrepresent testimony."<<<
>

> So, per Marsh, even though I provided a verbatim quote from Weisberg's
> lips (along with an audio clip for verification), I am still
> "misrepresenting" what Harold W. said (and what he thinks).
>
> Marsh is incredible.
>
> And if Marsh thinks Weisberg's comment about no shots at all coming from

Enough of your "and if Marsh thinks" nonsense. I told you exactly what I
think and you misrepresented it to create a phony controversy.
Just agreeing that the shots were fored from the sixth floor does not
prove Oswald shot them. Allowing for the possibility that Oswald fired
shots does not prove that they were fired from the sixth floor.

markusp

Oct 14, 2011, 7:51:13 PM10/14/11
On Oct 6, 2:31 pm, David Von Pein <davevonp...@aol.com> wrote:
> Was the late Harold Weisberg a top-flight JFK assassination
> researcher? Or was he just another one of the many "Oswald Didn't Fire
> A Shot" conspiracy nuts?

He made a lot of sacrifices to get documents released, and was quite
passionate in his opinion of conspiracy. A good example of his savvy
was the fiasco concerning the curb mark on the south side of Elm, and
the resulting embarrassment to the FBI in their handling of it. Also,
he has made his extensive collection available for research post-
humously. He was a decent man.
~Mark

Anthony Marsh

Oct 15, 2011, 3:22:41 PM10/15/11
One of his greatest contributions was what he didn't get released. When
he forced the government in court to admit that it had destroyed or lost
evidence.
Or when they released blank pages.

David Von Pein

Oct 15, 2011, 3:29:55 PM10/15/11

>>> "He [Weisberg] was a decent man." <<<

Yes, I think so too. I've always liked watching his interviews on the
various TV documentaries. Nice guy.

But he was also very, very silly when he made this statement on San
Francisco's KGO-Radio in the mid-1980s:

"I have no reason to believe that any of the shooting came from
the sixth floor." -- Harold Weisberg

tom...@cox.net

Oct 18, 2011, 10:43:20 PM10/18/11
My Dear Friend in Heaven Harold Weisberg was the "DEAN" of Warren Report
critis. He uncovered "Withheld reports thrpough FOI lawsuits and,
published them in his books.
Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB