Judyth: From the Beginning, Part 5

Dave Reitzes

May 27, 2008, 1:05:50 AM5/27/08
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/browse_thread/thread/49f43638bf709f62/e446ae528b2808ac?hl=en&lnk=st&q=#e446ae528b2808ac

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/e446ae528b2808ac?dmode=source

<QUOTE ON>-------------------------------------

From: "Dr Truth" <bobka...@comcast.net>
Newsgroups: alt.assassination.jfk
Subject: MARTIN, please explain the changes in Judyth's story
Date: 30 Aug 2004 22:42:46 -0400

[...]

WHICH THEN CHANGED TO THIS:

Before the Silence Came: Lee=s Last Telephone Calls
Last section

===================================================================== ,
note slight change in first sentence here, and a little further down,
please add where there are caps!

That=s how he stayed in the center of the assassination circle,
although, as he told me, not one of the final players in the scenario were
supposed to know who anyone outside their particular group wasC and there
were, Lee told me PROBABLY Athree@ separate groups who would not be able
to recognize each other. Even the members of the three groups would
PROBABLY not be known to each other, Lee said, until the 20th. That would
be the last time,(REMOVE: lee said,) that he would call me. ON THE 22ND I
must make ready, and WHEN I HEARD FROM DAVE FERRIE IN HOUSTON ON THE 23RD,
ABOUT NOON, I SHOULD PLAN TO take a bus to Fort Walton Beach ON MONDAY
MORNING AFTER ROBERT WENT TO SCHOOL. I WOULD DRAW OUT THE $400 BEFORE
LEAVING. On the NIGHT OF THE 24TH, I=d make sure that I had a tiff with
Robert.
I felt a little sad at doing this to Bob: he had been extraordinarily
kind to me lately because I=d been so disappointed at not being allowed to
go to school. But as usual, I saw amazingly little of him between his
school and my work at PenChem. It would not be that hard for me to break
away.

==============the next section will deal with the last two telephone
calls====thanks.j

Last Phone Call, November 20th, 1963

AIt=s me again,@ he said.
AOh, Lee!@
I couldn=t act the part I wanted to play of the light-hearted and
encouraging lover. We were both very down. A weight had settled upon us.
I very well knew i might never hear his voice directed to me again, nor
would he hear my words of love. I felt like I was choking. It was a cool
afternoon, and he had called me back right away. It was either this date,
or on the 18th, that I had to call Lee, because he missed the call to me i
had expected on the 19th, and Dave had called to tell me that Lee had to
set up a new call schedule for me: it was getting very close to impossible
for him to call me again.
I was able to place a person-to-person call through the operator, but
Dave=s operator was not yet in place, and the lady who took the call made
me tell her Lee=s exact name, or she would not put through the call. I was
quite spoiled with our special operator, and angry that this operator had
taken the call, but there was no help for it: I had already asked to be
put through to the Texas State Book depository, to cue in Lee that I could
take his call whenever he was ready, and this lady demanded his name
before she would put the call through. Okay, I thought to myself, this is
not our operator, so i will be very brief, in case she listens in! I
certainly would not wait for Lee to answer the phone, as I had originally
planned. . At least he knew that I had been reached by Dave. After a
minute, and some trouble as it seemed to me, a lady answered the phone,
and I used my most official-sounding adult voice, clearly and slowly
asking her if Lee Oswald worked there. It seemed to me that she was not
sure, and then I told her that he was a janitor. AJanitor@ was the code
word that meant AJ.A.@ (My first two initials) was calling. We felt that
lee could possibly be described as a janitor without anybody catching on,
if I had to contact him. I asked the lady to pass the message on to the
Ajanitor@ that somebody had called for him, and hung up.
The exchange at Covington must have been put into order again pretty
quickly, or else Lee took a chance, because I waited less than an hour at
PenChem=s phone (I often worked overtime, and Robert would only pick me up
when i called him, so I had time to wait for this call). My paycheck
stubs from this time period show i was working an extra hour a day--mostly
because i was working on Dave=s chemical projects C and also because I
could get phone calls with nobody around at the payphone there, if Lee
said not to use the payphone station set-up.
Because time was so short now, Lee told me there wouldn=t be another
call from him unless he reached Laredo.
ALee,@ I said slowly, Ayou didn=t say until. You said Aunless.=@
AI apologize,@ he answered. I heard him suck up his breath. We were
both very close to tears. Outside, it was sunset.
AYou=ll go to Cancun,@ Lee said. AYou=ll stay in a fine hotel. I=ll
be there C if they---@
We were both speechless.
AYou know,@ he said then, Aif I don=t make it outC you have to go on
with everything.@
AOh, sure!@ i said, bitterly. I told him that I would never allow
anyone to replace him in my heart.
ABut promise me,@ he said. AThat you=ll have babies.@
AI don=t want to have babies with anyone but you.@
AOh yes you will,@ he answered. AYou take home baby birds and feed
them. So you have to have babies. So promise me.@
I promised.
Four and a half years after Lee=s death, the first baby, conceived
with Robert, was born. I named her Susan, calling her ASusie@ in honor of
Susie Hanover. Susie=s middle name AMavinee@ satisfied me because it
rhymed with Lee and had two ee=s.. Robert insisted on naming the three
boys we next had. Our fifth and last child, Sarah Marie, was a girl, so I
was finally allowed to name another baby.. This child once again carried
a middle name that rhymed with ALee,@ --and in fact, I wanted to name her
ASarah Lee,@ but Bob objected, saying it would sound too much like a food
product. Even so, in school, Sarah=s Marie=s high school friends called
her ASarah Lee,@ which of course pleased me very much.
I never spoke another word of Russian after November 20, 1963. I
could not bear to do so. Only because I had a few Russian books in our
house, which the children noticed, did they have any idea of my long-faded
ability to converse in Russian. I still have a set of Latin cards that
Lee and I studied, trying to impress Dave Ferrie with. I=d studied Latin
from the seventh through eleventh grades, and knew most of the Mass in
Latin as well. Lee liked to use flash cards to help him memorize Spanish,
so we obtained the Latin flash cards as well.

AHow much can you say?@ I asked him, because of course i wanted to
know what he was up against.
AI=ll be meeting tonight,@ he said. ATwo different places. Then I=ll
go to bed and miss you.@
AAnd tomorrow?@
ATomorrow, I=ll go say goodbye to Junie and Rachel and Marina....@
Lee took a gasp of air, as if he couldn=t breathe. Tears had started
streaming down my cheeks
AOh God, Lee!@
I could hear him crying. We were in the very depths of hell. I
couldn=t see, I couldn=t even stand. I leaned against the phone and cried,
too.
AJust go!@ I urged him. AGet outC it=s too late to help him.@
AEven if I wanted to, which I do not,@ Lee said, his voice trembling,
AI couldn=t. Not only me--they=d come after my family. They=d find you.
You=d all die---@
What could i say? I knew it was true.
AYou just remember ---,@ Lee said, ADavid Atlee Phillips.@
AI won=t forget.@
AI=m going to get out alive,@ Lee said, trying to choke back his
emotions. AYou=ll see---@
ASure.@
AJuduffki--Minnie Mouse---@ he said, and that was enough to get me
almost into hysteria. He was calling me those pet names of his, and I
couldn=t take it.
AJust tell them you=re ill. Swallow a bunch of laxatives----@
Lee probably made a bitter, harsh laugh, I don=t know.
AThey=d just get another gun in there to take the place of mine,@ he
told me. AIf I stay, that will be one less bullet aimed at Kennedy.@
As this sank in, he added, AMaybe i can still do something. They=re
going to pin it on me anyway.@
AI hate the human race,@ I told him.
AStop it,@ he said, almost commandingly. AI can still do
something. I might be able to fire a warning shot. That=s what I intend to
do.@
I was speechless with hope.
AThe Secret Service will react,@ Lee said. AThe Chief might react.
Even the driver---@
AEven the driver?@ I repeated.
Lee told me that the driver=s habits had been studied, and a shot
going off would cause him to brake, which would slow the vehicle down.
This was desired because even this cabal feared Aristotle Onassis, who
would send killers out to track down anyone who killed Jackie Kennedy, or
so the rumor went--and besides, everybody liked Jackie and orders were out
not to hit her. It was to spare Jackie that some very expert marksmen
missed or delayed their shots that day in Dealey Plaza: she was in their
line of sight a great deal of the time, according to David Ferrie, who got
the report from Marcello=s henchmen as soon as he arrived in the Houston
area.
But that=s another story. I would receive a call from a Dave
Ferrie who was in tears, totally broken down over what had happened to
Lee. The call came while I was still at PenChem, and still reeling from
the horror of the assassination and the news that Lee had been captured.
Dave asked me if I had the medical library pass card that had his
name on it, and which had been issued through the Ochsner system. I said
that i did, and that=s when Dave told me that somebody told him his
library card had been found on Lee when he was arrested. While Dave knew
this was impossible--Lee had returned the library card---nevertheless,
before he took off for Houston in what was a driving rain, he had gone
even to Lee=s apartment, despite the presence of police and of snitches,
to see if the landlady had seen >a library card@ because he remembered
that one was still out there, missing.
Indeed it was. I had forgotten to give lee the library card before
leaving for Ganesville, and the medical library card was still in my
possession. In fact, it was in my purse. I had expected that somebody
would call me if Lee had been arrested--Dave had promised me he would do
so as soon as he could, so I would know what to do, if plans changed. That
meant, of course, that he might not call. But he had. I destroyed the
card.
I think David Ferrie would have had a heart attack if I hadn=t
reassured him half a dozen times that the card was in little pieces. In
typical Ferrie fashion, he asked me to dissolve the pieces in
semi-concentrated sulphuric acid. I told him that I would, but I didn=t
want to go back into the lab. Instead, I buried the bits of the card under
pine needle debris, since i was near some pine trees.
Dave told me that he still had a chance to get Lee out, and that he
had only been connected so far with Officer Tippit=s death, which he
believed was a total set-up. Tippit and Sparky, he said, were friends,
and it was Tippit who was supposed to drive Lee to Red Bird airport.
Unless Tippit turned out to be a traitor. Another police officer, whose
name was POSSIBLY Roscoe White (AS I HAVE TOLD OTHERS, AND ALSO, MOST
RECENTLY, DEBRA CONWAY, I WAS NOT TOLD THIS NAME, ONLY THAT IT WAS AN
OFFICER WHO WOULD INTERCEPT LEE=S FILM AND MINOX CAMERA, TO PROTECT THEM
FROM DESTRUCTION--LEE=S EVIDENCE OF HIS ACTUAL ACTIVITIES. BECAUSE I
RECALL THE NAME AROCKY@ I THOUGHT THIS MIGHT BE ROSCOE WHITE, BUT IT=S
ONLY A GUESS. AT ANY RATE, SOMEONE, WHO WOULD TRY TO INTERCEPT THE FILM
AND CAMERA, had been brought specially in.
. The minutiae about the Minox and its film records are too detailed
to go into here, but Lee had arranged with some officer to intercept the
film before it reached the wrong hands, and to make sure that it would be
kept in a safe place so that its contents, which may have included photos
of the notes he wrote to the FBI, could be used to prove his innocence,
should he be captured.
The Minox camera proved to be a very difficult problem for the FBI.
Lee, supposedly a poor man, had possession of a camera that was very
high-tech, equivalent to a poor man=s owning a high-class professional
camcorder today. It just didn=t fit the pattern. But of course, Lee=s
disappearing ink chemicals, his pedometer, HIS SPYGLASS (INCORRECTLY
DESCRIBED AS A TELESCOPE) and a lot of other things didn=t really fit that
profile, either.
They certainly were clueless about LEE=S technical training in so many
areas, and all the trade craft that he knew.
When Lee said goodbye to me that day, he told me that he would be
wearing the brown shirt that I had bought for him. This shirt was
identical to one that Marina knew about, except it was newer. I=d
purchased it for Lee when he impulsively said that the shirt, which was on
sale, was just like his own, which had been damaged. Lee told me that he
would be wearing
>the brown shirt@ when he came to me. Imagine how I feel, seeing that
shirt on him, in those pictures. The shock was even greater because I had
avoided--for over thirty-five years--looking at anything to do with the
matter. I kept nothing about the assassination--not even the smallest
newspaper article. Nothing.
Even though I=ve kept souvenirs of all the other big events in
American histiry since then, as my children well know, I never had a scrap
about Kennedy, the assassination, or Lee. There is a hole in the newspaper
collection.
Indeed, when the kids brought home the movie JFK to see, i did not see
it with them. I couldn=t bear it, and i was afraid i=d give way to my
emotions.
Only in 1998, on the 35th anniversary of the event, did i finally
watch the movie, which had a lot of errors, of course. Still, I was much
moved by the challenge Oliver Stone made. He said that to remain silent
was to be a coward.
That hit home.
When Lee said goodbye to me, it was the last time i ever heard his
voice,
But I would never forget that I promised to tell his story, so that
his children would not have to live in shame, and so that justice might be
done. I have done what i could: I pray God bless it for good.

Judyth Vary Baker (who kept the name ABaker@ even after her divorce, to
stay hidden, and who originally planned to die, and let this story be told
from the grave--but that would have been the cowardly thing to do.).

AND OF COURSE THIS: NOTE DATE:

May 27, 2008, 12:30:40 PM5/27/08
One thing that I never wanted to bring up in the past but feel the squirm will be worth
the read.....in these planning stages...for Judyth to meet up with Lee.....when did she
apply for her "passport" and what was:

1. The date of application
2. The date of issue
3. The number of this passport

Roake was dead.....so his asstance was out of the picture and as indicated few knew
she was "involved" so how was she to reach Lee, where they both could get "divorced"
out of the country?

Any intelligence agency would have had her apply on her own (like Lee did) for a
standard issue passport.

Today any interested intel group investigating this "story" would be able to provide
this info and show the farce concieved by Baker.

jko

"Dave Reitzes" <drei...@aol.com> wrote in message